State of the Galaxy - October [MEGA]

Prev1345
TyloRen
381 posts Moderator
edited September 2019
DEV POST
CG_TopHat wrote: »
Hello Holotable Heroes,

It’s that time again - State of the Galaxy! As we are writing this State of the Galaxy, we’re recognizing that these may not look the same every time. Last time we spoke mostly about our intent and this one is mostly a check in - although we do have some new things to report. Let’s dive in.

Follow Up - GAC
We’re making progress on getting the next Championship (and our first, lightly themed one) pulled together. Our first themed championship will focus on the First Order and you’ll see First Order flavored feats, portraits, and titles. Start dusting off your First Order characters and get ready for the Championship after October’s Championship.

Update - Cheating
We’ve been working with our engineering team and SWGOH.GG on how we can best get the battle history over to them. During our investigation we’ve surfaced some interesting cases we need to resolve before going live with the information. The two most pressing issues we’ve needed to resolve are a) when is the information surfaced and b) who can see it. We’ve solicited feedback from our beta players and we’re making progress. Our hope is to be able to roll something out soon, but we’re still working through some issues. Stay tuned.

Follow Up - Relics
We’ve been monitoring the rollout of Relics carefully and we haven’t seen any major technical issues. Initially there was some negative reaction in the community, but overall our numbers are showing high and continued engagement with Relics. We’ve seen 31,814 characters go to Relic 7 and there are over 138,612 characters at Relic 4-6. The tools we use to monitor the meta are also showing some pretty big shakeups. We’re starting our next round of ideation around the future of relics and are excited to share what we come up with (when it’s closer to ready!).

Update - Territory Battle
Prepare your collections! Light Side Territory Battle Geonosis is coming in November. We’ve got a whole host of new enemies and allies. Are you prepared to battle the Nexu and the Reek? Can you lead the Galactic Republic forces to victory? Prepare your squads for the next Territory Battle.

Visual Lag
We’ve gotten a number of bugs and issues about some “visual lag” as players are moving through different UI screens and just generally “lagginess” in the game. We’re very aware of the issue and are working fast to resolve it. We’re going to be releasing an updated client to specifically deal with these issues next week. As a result of this issue (and other ongoing issues) we’re going to be releasing a...

...Dev Tracker
Today we’re going to be unveiling a dev tracker to communicate more with you about what we’re currently working on. We’ve spoken with our friends over at Apex Legends about theirs and built our own in a similar style. We’ll be unveiling later today and we’ll have more to say about what will be showing up on it then. Be on the lookout.

We just sent out the questionnaire for next month’s Q&A. We’ve been getting some really great questions and we’ve enjoyed answering them. November is likely going to be a Road Ahead post. We’re going to be talking about a feature we’ve been working on for new players that we think will make the new game experience something that can be better navigated. Until next time…

See you on the holotables.

CG_TopHat

DEV POST

Replies

• Honestly felt like this wasn't necessary to even post. Better to just wait a week for all the stuff you are "hiding"
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    edited September 2019
    Themed GAC is eh

I like First Order so I’m excited about FO portraits!

Dev tracker is very cool
  • Came back to forum today to see if there was any news to make me want to come back.

I'll check again in November. Maybe.
  • Gair wrote: »
    Honestly felt like this wasn't necessary to even post. Better to just wait a week for all the stuff you are "hiding"

Forums: "You don't communicate enough CG!"

CG: "Ok, here's what we're working on, looking at, and thinking about."

Forums: "I don't like your communication and wish you had said nothing."

What a weird group we are.
  • xPat3678x
    251 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Thanks for all this! :)

Very glad CG is trying to communicate with us more!
  • Please keep up this structured communication.
    Q and A tomorrow !

Lstb in November !

And need to read up on the dev tracker.
  • Nothing too impressive but I'm glad there's some kind of communication at the moment. Keep it up CG.
  • GraveTroll
    12 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Initially there was some negative reaction in the community, but overall our numbers are showing high and continued engagement with Relics.

They still suck but we're all forced to work towards them because it affects both arena and the Geo TB! 10 days of triple cantina refresh to get the materials for 1 R7 assuming you have the spare (sometimes critical) gear. But what lovely spin there.

Tell me community, how much you LOVE relics?

Leave out the swearing ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Dev tracker looks great. Happy to see a focus on newer players. Hopefully it’s something that will get toons in their hands sooner.
  • I love them soo much.. I’m soo engaged..
  • We must love taxes too, that's why we all pay them every year.
  • Dev tracker is good, however, with LSGTB coming in November, that means we will have no new content until at least next year. They are gonna let LSGTB play out for awhile, so get used to no new content. My only hope is that they don’t default to ultra super Uber sky high tenacity for LSGTB....please!!
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    We must love taxes too, that's why we all pay them every year.

Taxes are MY jam! Just so happens that relics are my jam too!! /sarcasm
  • I am somehow not even slightly suprised by their response. Always have a fake twist to throw at us.
  • Standard developer fallacy. Equating engagement to enjoyment.
  • Liklik113 wrote: »
    Cg your boring us to death. Nothing new and no sandbox mode coz your delusional response is no one wil be interested in trying out their teams in intra guild battles. Get ready for more people quitting and keep listening to the minority who are clapping their hands because we get contraband cargo every 2 days.

****. I feel targeted because I am currently clapping my hands while enjoying contraband cargo.

Take this time to farm up your factions.
  • How many people of those 136,000ish people who are between R4 and R7 that they mentioned have complained? Or how about the hundreds of thousand below R4, how many of those have complained.

I'm just saying, human nature tells us to voice displeasure loudest, those who are happy and content dont necessarily speak up. There may be a silent majority who likes relics, we dont know, but it's a bold assumption to assume everyone shares your opinion about not liking them.
    You can probably assume the majority of what I post is sarcasm, feel free to skip and move along rather than reading...
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Dev tracker is good, however, with LSGTB coming in November, that means we will have no new content until at least next year. They are gonna let LSGTB play out for awhile, so get used to no new content. My only hope is that they don’t default to ultra super Uber sky high tenacity for LSGTB....please!!

You do... realize... that LS Geo TB...

Is
    New
    Content

Right? Like, by definition. It is new content in the game.

If this isn't new content, what would qualify as such for you? A new raid, another TB, a different new game mode, or do you just mean new characters?
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    We’ve been monitoring the rollout of Relics carefully and we haven’t seen any major technical issues. Initially there was some negative reaction in the community, but overall our numbers are showing high and continued engagement with Relics. We’ve seen 31,814 characters go to Relic 7 and there are over 138,612 characters at Relic 4-6. The tools we use to monitor the meta are also showing some pretty big shakeups. We’re starting our next round of ideation around the future of relics and are excited to share what we come up with (when it’s closer to ready!).
    I think if this how you are evaluating player satisfaction with a feature, it needs to be reevaluated

I love relics and all but everyone is forced to get along with it, but that doesn't mean they like it

I'm waiting for Q&A for some hard answers about relics but it sounds like you guys are already planning on adding more levels right after the biggest complaint about progressions being added in quick succession and it sounds like another forum outcry waiting to happen
  • . Initially there was some negative reaction in the community, but overall our numbers are showing high and continued engagement with Relics..... ?? You can’t be this naive to think because people use Relics that we actually like them? Some may, but we use them because we HAVE too in order to keep up.... I feel you have no pulse of your community anymore, this game used to be innovative now it’s just. Re-skin, make old Characters a little better and Gear, Gear, Gear... oh and sell Gear
  • I for one like relics.
  • “We’ve been monitoring the rollout of Relics carefully and we haven’t seen any major technical issues. Initially there was some negative reaction in the community, but overall our numbers are showing high and continued engagement with Relics.”

Please keep in mind that if we want to continue this game and remain at all competitive, that the use of relics are more or less forced upon us. “high and continued engagement” does not necessarily mean high levels of enjoyment.

Granted I don’t wear rose colored glasses and know freemium trashfires like this make more money from frustrated players than they do happy players.....

That said it offends my sensibility that your statement seems to try and indicate some sort of correlation between use and satisfaction.
  • So you said everything is good, but a lot friends are leaving the game... You are not doing good as far as everyday we are less and those who stay are bored. You are laying in order to don't panic. Now i'm panic!
  • TCS wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Dev tracker is good, however, with LSGTB coming in November, that means we will have no new content until at least next year. They are gonna let LSGTB play out for awhile, so get used to no new content. My only hope is that they don’t default to ultra super Uber sky high tenacity for LSGTB....please!!

Is
    New
    Content

If this isn't new content, what would qualify as such for you? A new raid, another TB, a different new game mode, or do you just mean new characters?

I don’t qualify a reskin of an existing mode as new content. A new raid, a ship raid, a MSF Fear the darkness type mode, endless mode, and inter-guild battles would be new content, not a reskin.
  • Initially there was some negative reaction in the community, but overall our numbers are showing high and continued engagement with Relics. We’ve seen 31,814 characters go to Relic 7 and there are over 138,612 characters at Relic 4-6.... This is how you listened to your community.. looking at numbers... you clearly don’t read this or watch your few Content Creators that are left
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    TCS wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Is
    New
    Content

I don’t qualify a reskin of an existing mode as new content. A new raid, a ship raid, a MSF Fear the darkness type mode, endless mode, and inter-guild battles would be new content, not a reskin.

Aren't raids just a reskin? I don't see the difference between a new raid and a new TB.
  • So now we know they use their data to erroneously conclude it means whatever they want it to mean... and to become entrenched in their existing way of thinking instead of adjusting their schemas when they don't hear what they want. 🤮
  • TyloRen wrote: »
    DEV POST
    CG_TopHat wrote: »

Follow Up - Relics

This is the most manipulative and deliberately misconstrued use of words and data in a post i can ever recall seeing posted by a CG memeber on this forum.
    I dont intend this as Dev bashing but this needed its own post, reaction to relics is purposefully glossed over here and i can't see how this is meant to be ok.