Please do something about these GG nuke squads

Replies

• Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    "These filthy plebs don't deserve to associate with the likes of me! Jeeves, nerf these common rabble immediately!"

ROFL!
  • Options
    Laughing my *** off :smiley:
    LOL
    Jarvind wrote: »
    "These filthy plebs don't deserve to associate with the likes of me! Jeeves, nerf these common rabble immediately!"

• Options
    Smapty wrote: »
    Ive been running a variation of this team for a looooong time now...

I think I am probably the person who first put forward it’s viability by adding BB8 to the team?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/196318/disheartened-by-the-grievous-rework-never-fear-bb8-makes-the-team-amazing#latest

I don’t use probe droid but prefer R2 in his place... he pumps up grevious’s damage and adds additional debuffs to make him hit even harder

It’s a fun team...

I could run the same stupid team as nearly everyone else... but that’s boring and unimaginative

It’s funny to see several others in my shard running the cliche gg “nuke team” now that relics have arrived...

It serves its purpose I suppose... but I’ve been using essentially the same revan answer for months now

Time for something new I think...

You don't need to change just because its becoming popular. I followed your posts early on because i knew grievous had a lot of potential. Appreciate your work - grievous is the mac daddy :)
  • Options
    SoonerJBD wrote: »
    212Attack wrote: »
    Sounds like the OP is someone in this ridiculous shard chat that should be guaranteed a top 10 spot. Thing is this post is exactly whats wrong with shard discords. WAHH WAHH WAHHHHHH!!! someone is wrecking my lame **** DR malak cancer... WAHH!!!

Whether you are in a shard chat is irrelevant. I have worked hard to G13 appropriate toons, accumulate mods that make my key toons the fastest in my shard and learn the mechanics to beat in-game content. I find it disconcerting that someone with 2 million less GP who has one G13 and atrocious mods should be able to climb to Top 10. It makes the top spots meaningless. If you want to climb to the top of the arena, it should require you do the work to earn a spot among the better players in your shard. Or alternatively to least spend the money to pay for everyone else’s enjoyment of the game (this is not a thread about the game’s business model, so I concede spending as an alternative).

Sounds to me like the problem is you wanted your team to be the steam roller. You banked on it (literally) and you picked the wrong team. Because meta is gonna change... sounds crazy I know. You sound pisssd because the stonewall meta we've seen for months is disrupted and you don't feel like you got your money's worth so you wanna complain and get a new frontrunner nerfed to satisfy your wounded wallet. It's childish and petulant. What makes you think there are guarantee in this game. You know-how to fix it? Build up you GG team. OH WAIT things might change by then! I wanna pay for my top 10 spot and have it reserved for me!! Well someone else got lucky this time. Boohoo.
    GRANDMASTER
    NeXuSe7msb2g6cet7.jpg
  • Options
    Sounds like the OP is someone in this ridiculous shard chat that should be guaranteed a top 10 spot. Thing is this post is exactly whats wrong with shard discords. WAHH WAHH WAHHHHHH!!! someone is wrecking my lame **** DR malak cancer... WAHH!!!

Whether you are in a shard chat is irrelevant. I have worked hard to G13 appropriate toons, accumulate mods that make my key toons the fastest in my shard and learn the mechanics to beat in-game content. I find it disconcerting that someone with 2 million less GP who has one G13 and atrocious mods should be able to climb to Top 10. It makes the top spots meaningless. If you want to climb to the top of the arena, it should require you do the work to earn a spot among the better players in your shard. Or alternatively to least spend the money to pay for everyone else’s enjoyment of the game (this is not a thread about the game’s business model, so I concede spending as an alternative).

Sounds to me like the problem is you wanted your team to be the steam roller. You banked on it (literally) and you picked the wrong team. Because meta is gonna change... sounds crazy I know. You sound pisssd because the stonewall meta we've seen for months is disrupted and you don't feel like you got your money's worth so you wanna complain and get a new frontrunner nerfed to satisfy your wounded wallet. It's childish and petulant. What makes you think there are guarantee in this game. You know-how to fix it? Build up you GG team. OH WAIT things might change by then! I wanna pay for my top 10 spot and have it reserved for me!! Well someone else got lucky this time. Boohoo.

To quote Mr. Skywalker... Everything you just said was wrong.

My SE team dominated for a long time. I didn’t fall out of the Top 10 for over a month. I could run GG nuke if I wanted. I sometimes switch between SE and Padme squads because I like using different teams, and I’m still not falling out of the Top 20. I’m perfectly happy to see a new meta. The SE meta has been around long enough. My complaint is very simply that any meta should require you actually gear your entire squad and acquire competitive mods. Teams with a majority of purple gear on their toons do not belong at the top of arena. I think that is pretty reasonable.
  • Options
    For those that don't like the gg nuke team, it won't last long once the meta shifts. It requires the opponent to have lowered defense from ferocity to work.

The next meta likely won't have that so gg nuke teams will lose their usefulness when that happens.

In the meantime it isn't breaking the game. We have 2 in our shard out of the top 50. Over 40 are still darth revan teams. I switch in ep, triumvirate, and dark bastilla and never lose vs r7 gg. Dark bastilla is r2 but the rest are just g12. So pretty easy to beat on offense.

I personally like it just for the fact that it gives me a battle or two that aren't the same as all the others.
  • Options
    For those that don't like the gg nuke team, it won't last long once the meta shifts. It requires the opponent to have lowered defense from ferocity to work.

The next meta likely won't have that so gg nuke teams will lose their usefulness when that happens.

In the meantime it isn't breaking the game. We have 2 in our shard out of the top 50. Over 40 are still darth revan teams. I switch in ep, triumvirate, and dark bastilla and never lose vs r7 gg. Dark bastilla is r2 but the rest are just g12. So pretty easy to beat on offense.

I personally like it just for the fact that it gives me a battle or two that aren't the same as all the others.

Consider that your shard may not be representative. My shard has at least a dozen GG nuke squads climbing daily in the Top 50. Several are run by people who have 2 million GP in a shard that is four years old. I’d be fine if it was just one more squad good players could optionally run. But it is serving as a shortcut for bad players to climb.
  • Options

Consider that your shard may not be representative. My shard has at least a dozen GG nuke squads climbing daily in the Top 50. Several are run by people who have 2 million GP in a shard that is four years old. I’d be fine if it was just one more squad good players could optionally run. But it is serving as a shortcut for bad players to climb.

If you have a decent team, you shouldn't have any problem beating them.

Yes the number may vary from shard to shard. But that really doesn't change my analysis.

And roster GP is a poor indication on how well someone can do in arena, considering one team of about 120k or 130-140k with relics is really all you need to take first. You need one set of mods for that team and enough gear for one team.

A 2 mil gp player in a 4yr old shard likely took some time off but if thery returned and farmed darth revan and jkr, it is easily possible for them to eventually het back up to arena even without the gg nuke team.

And the factvthat they aren't as committed time wise to the game (took a break) or haven't spent as much money as you doesn't mean they are bad players.
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options

If you have a decent team, you shouldn't have any problem beating them.

Don't think they care about that, just wants to sit top 20 all day because "bad players" don't deserve it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Never seen so many strawmen in my life. It’s not about where I fall every day. It’s not about whether I can beat these squads. I finish first every day regardless. I have for years at this point. My complaint is that people should have to gear a team and acquire competitive mods to get to the top of arena. That’s it. Team comps that allow purple gear and crappy mods to reach the top of the arena are a problem. It undermines the competitive purpose of arena. Arena is not supposed to give you max crystals like it’s a participation trophy in a youth soccer league. Arena is supposed to be competitive. It is supposed to require you to farm the best teams, max out their gear and farm competitive mods.
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options
    There's a lot of "supposed to's" in there that are all your interpretation of what arena is "supposed" to be.
  • SoonerJBD
    460 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    There's a lot of "supposed to's" in there that are all your interpretation of what arena is "supposed" to be.

Please let me hear your argument that arena is intended to be non-competitive, and that anyone who fires the game up should be able to claim first every day. I mean, clearly they didn’t intend a PvP arena that gives rewards progressively to the highest ranks to involve competing to be the best in your shard. 🙄
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options
    Never seen so many strawmen in my life.

This is quite ironic in the light of the post you just made.

Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Never seen so many strawmen in my life.

This is quite ironic in the light of the post you just made.

Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday.

It’s not a straw man. You suggested my interpretation of what arena is supposed to be is flawed. That necessarily means you are suggesting it is something else. If you can’t explain how my interpretation was flawed, how arena isn’t supposed to be about acquiring the best squads, gearing them and equipping them with competitive mods, you are just commenting to be a troll.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    A couple of months ago: "DR+Malak are too OP! We need counters!"

Now: "But this counter is too good!"
  • Options
    Never seen so many strawmen in my life. It’s not about where I fall every day. It’s not about whether I can beat these squads. I finish first every day regardless. I have for years at this point. My complaint is that people should have to gear a team and acquire competitive mods to get to the top of arena. That’s it. Team comps that allow purple gear and crappy mods to reach the top of the arena are a problem. It undermines the competitive purpose of arena. Arena is not supposed to give you max crystals like it’s a participation trophy in a youth soccer league. Arena is supposed to be competitive. It is supposed to require you to farm the best teams, max out their gear and farm competitive mods.
    People do have to gear, with Grievous being far and away the priority.

And what constitutes "competitive mods" is in the title. They must be able to compete. If people are successfully climbing with the Grievous nuke, then their mods are, by definition, competitive.

The Drevalak team just has a strong counter, which is both fine and healthy.
    Still not a he.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    This is not true. They land enough debuffs on their own to equal ferocity. Ferocity just replaces their debuffs as they drop off. This team will beat any team without tm on damage or some high tenacity schtick.

My SE team dominated for a long time. I didn’t fall out of the Top 10 for over a month. I could run GG nuke if I wanted. I sometimes switch between SE and Padme squads because I like using different teams, and I’m still not falling out of the Top 20. I’m perfectly happy to see a new meta. The SE meta has been around long enough. My complaint is very simply that any meta should require you actually gear your entire squad and acquire competitive mods. Teams with a majority of purple gear on their toons do not belong at the top of arena. I think that is pretty reasonable.

You keep complaining about it over and over. I will repeat my statement. People with the majority of purple gear are not taking top 10 spots on your shard, if they are, it is your shard that is weak. Top 20 isn't top ranks. And Since GG squad requires such weird mods, they could have god level rarity mods and you couldn't tell.
  • Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    This is not true. They land enough debuffs on their own to equal ferocity. Ferocity just replaces their debuffs as they drop off. This team will beat any team without tm on damage or some high tenacity schtick.

You keep complaining about it over and over. I will repeat my statement. People with the majority of purple gear are not taking top 10 spots on your shard, if they are, it is your shard that is weak. Top 20 isn't top ranks. And Since GG squad requires such weird mods, they could have god level rarity mods and you couldn't tell.

Four or five GG squads with at least two toons in purple gear are getting to the Top 5. The shard isn’t weak. The GG nuke squad doesn’t require G13 except for GG and doesn’t really require G12 except for T3. That is the issue.
  • Options

Do you really think the next meta won't have ridiculously high defense or tenacity or something that makes them also counter gg as well as darth revan?

It's not just that ferocity is a debuff that makes darth revan vulnerable. Ferocity turns your defense into offense, making that team particularly vulnerable.

I never said that any team could win. But there are plenty of ways already to control gg even at relic 7 with g12 toons alone. Stun, fracture, tenacity up, protection up, just to name a few.

I run ep lead with triumvirate against it in arena and gg usually gets at least one aoe off but unlike the darth revan most of my team survives and can control the team long enough to annhilate him fairly easily.

A bastilla lead works too because the protection up allows you to take enough hits to survive him.

There are already too many ways to take him out to have him be arena viable in a non darth revan arena.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

Do you really think the next meta won't have ridiculously high defense or tenacity or something that makes them also counter gg as well as darth revan?

It's not just that ferocity is a debuff that makes darth revan vulnerable. Ferocity turns your defense into offense, making that team particularly vulnerable.

I never said that any team could win. But there are plenty of ways already to control gg even at relic 7 with g12 toons alone. Stun, fracture, tenacity up, protection up, just to name a few.

I run ep lead with triumvirate against it in arena and gg usually gets at least one aoe off but unlike the darth revan most of my team survives and can control the team long enough to annhilate him fairly easily.

A bastilla lead works too because the protection up allows you to take enough hits to survive him.

There are already too many ways to take him out to have him be arena viable in a non darth revan arena.

Who was predicting what the next META will have? Certainly not I. I was merely correcting an erroneous statement that GG nuke works because of Ferocity... it does not. They generate more than enough debuffs on their own to to deal that kind of damage and have enough armor pen and defense lowering debuffs that the removed defense that comes with ferocity doesn't really help the nuke team at all. Basically Ferocity is like the icing on the cake. Make's it look and taste nice, but it's still a cake without it.
  • Options

There are already too many ways to counter him out to have him be arena viable in a non darth revan arena.

Who was predicting what the next META will have? Certainly not I. I was merely correcting an erroneous statement that GG nuke works because of Ferocity... it does not.

Ferocity lowers the defense of the sith empire characters. This plays a role in them being one shot by his aoe. I have run teams that don't use ferocity and they typically survive a few attacks and all you have to do is kill gg and the battle is won.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

There are already too many ways to counter him out to have him be arena viable in a non darth revan arena.

Who was predicting what the next META will have? Certainly not I. I was merely correcting an erroneous statement that GG nuke works because of Ferocity... it does not.

Ferocity lowers the defense of the sith empire characters. This plays a role in them being one shot by his aoe. I have run teams that don't use ferocity and they typically survive a few attacks and all you have to do is kill gg and the battle is won.

Look the only time Sith Empire actually has any defense whatsoever against the GG nuke team that can be affected by ferocity is when Darth Malak is below 50% health, and then it's only him, and only marginal.

It literally makes no difference to the GG nuke team. They have removed all the SE's defense before ferocity comes into play in between their own defense pen, the defense pen they get from T3, and defense down from 88.

Ferocity was the idea behind the original idea for the nuke team, but the evolved nuke team could really kind of care less about it.
  • Options

Look the only time Sith Empire actually has any defense whatsoever against the GG nuke team that can be affected by ferocity is when Darth Malak is below 50% health, and then it's only him, and only marginal.

It literally makes no difference to the GG nuke team. They have removed all the SE's defense before ferocity comes into play in between their own defense pen, the defense pen they get from T3, and defense down from 88.

Ferocity was the idea behind the original idea for the nuke team, but the evolved nuke team could really kind of care less about it.

Nothing in gg kit lowers defense for the gg nuke team. His leadership lowers it by 50% but gg isn't in the lead for the nuke team.

Ferocity lowers se defense by 15% per stack. So it does come into play.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

Nothing in gg kit lowers defense for the gg nuke team. His leadership lowers it by 50% but gg isn't in the lead for the nuke team.

Look I've done the math. First 88 cuts everyone's defense in half. Then T3 gives everyone massive defense pen which when combined with their own has a greater total than the defense the sith empire have left.

This isn't supposition. This is why they say T3's 2nd zeta and the g12 Stun Gun are mandatory for the comp to work.

Sorry but you're wrong. Ferocity can't lower their defense past 0%. it doesn't help like that. Nor is it even necessary.
  • Options

Look I've done the math. First 88 cuts everyone's defense in half. Then T3 gives everyone massive defense pen which when combined with their own has a greater total than the defense the sith empire have left.

This isn't supposition. This is why they say T3's 2nd zeta and the g12 Stun Gun are mandatory for the comp to work.

Sorry but you're wrong. Ferocity can't lower their defense past 0%. it doesn't help like that. Nor is it even necessary.

I'm assuming you're referring to the defense down that ig has a 50% chance to land. Since ferocity also lowers tenacity by 15% per stack, it plays a role on whether the defense down lands. If it does, you are correct, that the defense can go to zero where ferocity doesn't matter for dmg.

But it does raise the chance of the debuff landing in the first place and it lowers defense in the case that the defense down is resisted, which from the kit it is resisted quite often. It only has a 50% chance on getting past the first test. Then it has a 15% chance of being resisted even with high potency so a 42% chance to land if you have 100% more potency than your opponent has tenacity and less if you have low potency or they have high tenacity.

But against teams tgat don't have ferocity and have some decent tenacity (either naturally or through mods) the defence dow is going to land on one or two characters on average. On a sith empire team it'll still be 3 or so but they all effectively give themselves 75% defense down whether it lands or not. That's enough to make one shotting them easy.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

I'm assuming you're referring to the defense down that ig has a 50% chance to land. Since ferocity also lowers tenacity by 15% per stack, it plays a role on whether the defense down lands. If it does, you are correct, that the defense can go to zero where ferocity doesn't matter for dmg.

But it does raise the chance of the debuff landing in the first place and it lowers defense in the case that the defense down is resisted, which from the kit it is resisted quite often. It only has a 50% chance on getting past the first test. Then it has a 15% chance of being resisted even with high potency so a 42% chance to land if you have 100% more potency than your opponent has tenacity and less if you have low potency or they have high tenacity.

But against teams tgat don't have ferocity and have some decent tenacity (either naturally or through mods) the defence dow is going to land on one or two characters on average. On a sith empire team it'll still be 3 or so but they all effectively give themselves 75% defense down whether it lands or not. That's enough to make one shotting them easy.

Actually the AoE that lands the defense down will be used before anyone has ferocity on the SE side. Also 85% is the maximum debuff rate, and that can be reached by having 15% less potency than your opponent has tenacity. Well modded Nuke teams have 100% potency, so teams with 115% tenacity or more will have a chance of getting more than minimum resists on debuffs. Really ferocity doesn't help debuffs land for the nuke team either.

I take first in arena with GG Nuke every day. Yesterday I defeated a Reliced Padme team with it to take first.

dzhc29t3mxkt.jpg
  • Options
    This post is adorable. DR mirror matches are decided by who has the fastest BSF. Essentially, OP wants arena determined purely on luck.
    In full disclosure as I have a nuke team and malak team, I will say that they have similar investments.
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    DR mirror matches are decided by who has the fastest BSF.

I see this :alot: and it's not correct.
  • Options

Actually the AoE that lands the defense down will be used before anyone has ferocity on the SE side. Also 85% is the maximum debuff rate, and that can be reached by having 15% less potency than your opponent has tenacity. Well modded Nuke teams have 100% potency, so teams with 115% tenacity or more will have a chance of getting more than minimum resists on debuffs. Really ferocity doesn't help debuffs land for the nuke team either.

I take first in arena with GG Nuke every day. Yesterday I defeated a Reliced Padme team with it to take first.

dzhc29t3mxkt.jpg

For IG to land the debuff it goes through 3 tests.

First it only has a 50% chance to try per his kit. Most newer kits skip this one and have 100% chance to try.

Second it has to get through the 15% resist chance.

Then if it gets that far, it does the tenacity/potency check. Basically tenacity minus potency equals chance to land with thos test.

Ferocity does play a role in that last test if it's on a character.

And as for your second point, padme teams aren't that great on defense. I beat them when I see them easily as well. All it takes is thrawn fracturing padme and the team falls apart.

And my original point wasn't that darth revan was the only team that gg nuke could beat on offense only that when the meta shifts and there are less darth revan teams to prey on, there will be less gg nuke teams since they work particularly well vs darth revan and not much better than other teams vs other teams. And they don't hold on defense all that well as it is. Or at least it's easy for me to send in a three meta ago team with only fair mods and mostly g12 and have a nearly 100% win rate.

I never said it wasn't viable to climb just that it'll likely not be a counter for the next meta. Though I'll admit my experience is mostly with the team on defense and yours appears to be on offense. That could make the difference.
  • Options
    Tbh most of these comments are super unrelated to OPs point and unhelpful and that’s why he is having to say the same thing over and over. These forums can be really unhelpful sometimes apart from direct questions which are hyper efficiently answered by a lot of helpful people.

I think the problem is in the game design. I think this was an unforeseen team that is unintended and actually super powerful in arena. The game balance is not in control and it’s not their intention to have undergeared teams beating top tier teams, but with a whole game of kits, the characters are what they are and certain unforeseen exploit type teams are bound to come up. I don’t think there’s much that can be done at this point and there’s no controlling the situation.

Also people are saying that other teams destroy this team and it’s a hard counter to DR, and I could be wrong but tbh, I’ve not really seen that. I went up against droid squads with my g12 jkr and padme lineups and got trashed. With ipd zeta you can’t get buffs, so no crit immunity and GG smacked all my toons in one. Ironically the only squad I beat it with was my g12 DR. That’s what I use against it now, haven’t tried many others. I don’t see how it’s a hard counter to DR. There’s nothing about dr that makes this a particular hard counter for that team, and it certainly wasn’t intended. It’s just a superpowered team that beats DR on offense. The lineup is superpowered against anyone. Huge hits from GG and you can’t target him so he will get more huge hits especially with the ai not targeting t3. The opening hit alone is like 90k aoe I think, and you get that every time they wipe out a droid. A couple of those will wipe out pretty much any team and you will always have the team going first doing its opening damage at the beginning.

Again it’s not intended it’s just a team that got thrown together because the kits meshed into something that works in an off brand haphazard way. I understand OP’s complaint and I do think it’s an accidental result of poor game design but there’s nothing that can be done to control it at this point.