Without 7* C3PO, Spending money pointless? General Anakin Unlock. Don’t bother?

Replies

• Options
    So if CG were to let you buy the shards of C3PO or Padme that you're missing would you be ok if they first made you finish your Ewoks/Seperatists before you could buy those shards? (i.e. all Ewoks over 17.5K power and 7* before he was available for purchase). Or are you hoping they will offer a 3PO pack so you can avoid having to farm/gear the Ewok faction? (Which is what it seems like)

I think this idea that has been pushed, having a lot of these unlocks always open and available. It would make more sense to me. I know Marvel Strike Force is starting to push some events to be open for a continuous amount of time. Could potentially solve problems like this scenario.
  • Whazn
    262 posts Member
    Options
    While this does sound like a good theory, c3p0 has been around 3?4?5? times by this point. Anyone who spends the kind of money that would matter to cg already has him.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »
    There was a statement from Carrie in which she said that more people got DR than the devs had intended, and that factored into the Malak event being the way it was. How you get from that to it being "an admitted blunder," I have no idea.

Ok perhaps Admitted is not the exact wording. Mistake better? There was mention of the Malak event being rushed. My interpretation could be different from others.

As I interpret it, the mistake was with DR, not Malak. They waited too long and telegraphed it too well, so too many people were ready.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Akenno wrote: »
    Can't wait for events that are everytime open.

Didn't count in C3PO for it. Clones are ready, Padme ready, Droids ready... but no freaking C3PO because ewoks are meh.

Yea I could reasonably see whale players not bothering with Ewoks. Unless you're trying to have a "Wide" Account. I know there is a debate if it is better to focus on Quantity or Quality. Long-time players probably just have C3PO.

Having all things that come out of premium event types has nothing to do with broad/lean/fluff discussions. I only know of a single player that simply skips c3po in order not to have ewoks and keep lean doing that (he's similarly frustrated right now). At some point in keeping lean...you start to hurt your gameplay.
  • Options
    There was a statement from Carrie in which she said that more people got DR than the devs had intended, and that factored into the Malak event being the way it was. How you get from that to it being "an admitted blunder," I have no idea.

Ok perhaps Admitted is not the exact wording. Mistake better? There was mention of the Malak event being rushed. My interpretation could be different from others.

As I interpret it, the mistake was with DR, not Malak. They waited too long and telegraphed it too well, so too many people were ready.

I think you are correct. I think one factor affected the other. My understanding was because everyone easily got DR they decided to change the Malak structure and the release was a bit rushed. I believe a lot of this took place in response to the backlash from the "Whale Community."
  • Options
    faxy95yzefur.jpeg
    17cr34sfss41.jpeg
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter what Shockers said in April.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I want to note that these are obviously taken out of context but my understanding of the situation was that the "Whale Backlash" was a big factor in the changes of the releases as well as the rush to Malak.
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    Options
    They said they gonna make legendary events available all the time so I guess they could do it before this event goes away.
  • Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    What do you think is going to happen, here? Do you think a dev is going to see your post and go "Oh gosh, this one random dingdong doesn't have C3P0. So terribly sorry, sir, we'll run the event just for you."

C3P0 has come and gone several times. If you still don't have him, that's on you. Get him next time and you'll be ready.

Do you thrive off this stuff? I mean seriously. What - -if anything do you think you're adding by this type of comment?

Can you say that you aren't above it? Aren't better than it?

I've seen you post. You're not devoid of empathy, feeling and being constructive. Why is that hat so hard to wear? Even if you don't feel it, fake it for the sake of civility and empathy. It's not a tall order.

How is this for a response?

Hey buddy, I feel ya. I'd be bummed too if I couldn't unlock.

The requirements can seem stiff, especially depending on when you started the game. However, I am afraid they are hard baked into the event.

Just try and get ready for the next time around, and don't fret too much! Now that you know the requirements, I am sure you will be sporting a new General Anakin in no time!

Just skip that snark, you're better than that......

I'm perfectly happy to help out someone who posts an earnest request for help, and have done so many times, it's true.

When somebody posts a snide passive-aggressive rant about how CG "apparently doesn't want their money," that's just some dingus looking to be told they're right. They're not going to respond to positivity because they don't have any of their own. I have no problem unloading snark on that.

I know you have man. I've seen it. But -- yeah don't stoop to their level - well, on this. Right? I'm guilty of it. I've done the snark too. And I've felt bad after it too. And in some way, maybe I'm trying to turn a leaf too. Let's just think of happy things! Like lightsabers and Halloween and some classic rock and maybe a few new Star wars toys. Happy hippos to all ya know?
  • Options
    Rake6 wrote: »
    They said they gonna make legendary events available all the time so I guess they could do it before this event goes away.
    In some ways that would be kind of funny. They do walk the line when it comes to technicalities.
  • Options
    What do you think is going to happen, here? Do you think a dev is going to see your post and go "Oh gosh, this one random dingdong doesn't have C3P0. So terribly sorry, sir, we'll run the event just for you."

C3P0 has come and gone several times. If you still don't have him, that's on you. Get him next time and you'll be ready.

Do you thrive off this stuff? I mean seriously. What - -if anything do you think you're adding by this type of comment?

I've seen you post. You're not devoid of empathy, feeling and being constructive. Why is that hat so hard to wear? Even if you don't feel it, fake it for the sake of civility and empathy. It's not a tall order.

The requirements can seem stiff, especially depending on when you started the game. However, I am afraid they are hard baked into the event.

Just try and get ready for the next time around, and don't fret too much! Now that you know the requirements, I am sure you will be sporting a new General Anakin in no time!

I'm perfectly happy to help out someone who posts an earnest request for help, and have done so many times, it's true.

When somebody posts a snide passive-aggressive rant about how CG "apparently doesn't want their money," that's just some dingus looking to be told they're right. They're not going to respond to positivity because they don't have any of their own. I have no problem unloading snark on that.

I know you have man. I've seen it. But -- yeah don't stoop to their level - well, on this. Right? I'm guilty of it. I've done the snark too. And I've felt bad after it too. And in some way, maybe I'm trying to turn a leaf too. Let's just think of happy things! Like lightsabers and Halloween and some classic rock and maybe a few new Star wars toys. Happy hippos to all ya know?

Going out on a limb here, but I'm guessing you don't enjoy a spirited debate? People are just Factually right or wrong in your mind? I guess that's a perspective.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

I think you are correct. I think one factor affected the other. My understanding was because everyone easily got DR they decided to change the Malak structure and the release was a bit rushed. I believe a lot of this took place in response to the backlash from the "Whale Community."

By -everyone- you are talking about 11k Drs vs 5k Malaks vs 11.3k Jkrs (out of 300k accounts on swgoh.gg and only top 100). All numbers are from before these toons 2nd runs. This is to just give a sense of scale CG operates in handing out rarities.
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »

By -everyone- you are talking about 11k Drs vs 5k Malaks vs 11.3k Jkrs (out of 300k accounts on swgoh.gg and only top 100). All numbers are from before these toons 2nd runs. This is to just give a sense of scale CG operates in handing out rarities.

Yea I would be interested to know what margin they shoot for the first wave. My understanding of how this game works though is that generally, you have to unlock the new character to stay meta. Which would motivate one to spend money to break that barrier. I'm pretty sure that is what most whales do to stay relevant. Maybe, maybe not. That is kind of what leads me to believe locking certain demographics out of being able to even spend to break that barrier may be flawed. Unless like someone had commented before they are in fact trying to preserve thier "legacy base" player demographic.

• Options

Going out on a limb here, but I'm guessing you don't enjoy a spirited debate? People are just Factually right or wrong in your mind? I guess that's a perspective.

Careful.... don't make assumptions. my minor is in Philosophy. I know how to have a debate. But weather I choose to engage is dependent on with whom I'm engaging with.

Interesting you chose to quote that and make that comment.

What about that made you think that I don't enjoy a spirited debate?

• Options

Careful.... don't make assumptions. my minor is in Philosophy. I know how to have a debate. But weather I choose to engage is dependent on with whom I'm engaging with.

Generally, people who degrade others have a narrow viewpoint. I don't doubt you like to debate. If you do, you are probably aware of it. I like some of the posts you've made personally. I also encourage opposite viewpoints. However, JarJar's opinion was just a blanket "your wrong" an he seems to have little context to back his opinion. If he had a more appropriate contribution I would be interested to hear it.
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

Generally, people who degrade others have a narrow viewpoint. I don't doubt you like to debate. If you do, you are probably aware of it. I like some of the posts you've made personally. I also encourage opposite viewpoints. However, JarJar's opinion was just a blanket "your wrong" an he seems to have little context to back his opinion. If he had a more appropriate contribution I would be interested to hear it.

I think you're confusing me with someone else. I have never until this moment ever typed or mentioned Jar jar. Check that buddy.

But since we're bringing jar jar into things. He was by far the worst idea Star Wars has ever made. I feel bad for the actor. He - he went through some trauma for that role.
  • Options
    Jarvind homie. I was being facetious, Haha.
  • Options
    faxy95yzefur.jpeg
    17cr34sfss41.jpeg

If these are not complete fabrications, this is what all y'all's constant whining gets you. Carrie did a fine job steering the ship. Malak release event was great because it was different.
    Thrawn release event was great because it was different. Commander Luke release event was great because it was different. And now the General Skywalker release event is great because it is different.

This is an end-game character release. If you are not prepared, you are not end-game enough to qualify. No, you don't get to buy your way into it now, you already missed your shot with the C3PO event. Whale harder and faster next time if you want to make sure you are ready for all future events. The tip of the spear can be an expensive place to be.

Or just keep plodding along and hope you are ready for it next time.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

Yea I would be interested to know what margin they shoot for the first wave. My understanding of how this game works though is that generally, you have to unlock the new character to stay meta. Which would motivate one to spend money to break that barrier. I'm pretty sure that is what most whales do to stay relevant. Maybe, maybe not. That is kind of what leads me to believe locking certain demographics out of being able to even spend to break that barrier may be flawed. Unless like someone had commented before they are in fact trying to preserve thier "legacy base" player demographic.

The one that talked about -other concerns- should be me. And they do allow their playerbase to buy into premium event types. For example all hero's journey so far has also brought their corresponding legendary back prior to the event. In this particular event, you had a few chances to have gotten the necessary ingredients besides the single rush farming toon and resource needs.

You are in a weird minority that could have simply gotten c3po withour resource restrictions, but somehow thought he is not that important/shouldn't be gotten cuz reasons across the numerous runs he's been avaliable. And you are somehow trying to make the peculiarity of your choice be a common occurance CG is missing out on.
  • Options
    faxy95yzefur.jpeg
    17cr34sfss41.jpeg

If these are not complete fabrications, this is what all y'all's constant whining gets you. Carrie did a fine job steering the ship. Malak release event was great because it was different.
    Thrawn release event was great because it was different. Commander Luke release event was great because it was different. And now the General Skywalker release event is great because it is different.

This is an end-game character release. If you are not prepared, you are not end-game enough to qualify. No, you don't get to buy your way into it now, you already missed your shot with the C3PO event. Whale harder and faster next time if you want to make sure you are ready for all future events. The tip of the spear can be an expensive place to be.

Youch! Very Linear viewpoint. I was personally a fan of CG_Carrie. Given the circumstances and the difficulty of her job I would applaud her. Everyone with an opposing viewpoint is not "whining," Sorry. Making a blanket statement doesn't make it true. Its called debate for a reason.
  • Options

The one that talked about -other concerns- should be me. And they do allow their playerbase to buy into premium event types. For example all hero's journey so far has also brought their corresponding legendary back prior to the event. In this particular event, you had a few chances to have gotten the necessary ingredients besides the single rush farming toon and resource needs.

You are in a weird minority that could have simply gotten c3po withour resource restrictions, but somehow thought he is not that important/shouldn't be gotten cuz reasons across the numerous runs he's been avaliable. And you are somehow trying to make the peculiarity of your choice be a common occurance CG is missing out on.

Right 100% on count 1.
    Count 2 though. I don't think I'm a minority as I've already witnessed a couple of people in a similar situation. Ie. was mentioned earlier if not C3po then also Ships, and Padme Road Blocks.
  • Options
    faxy95yzefur.jpeg
    17cr34sfss41.jpeg

Youch! Very Linear viewpoint. I was personally a fan of CG_Carrie. Given the circumstances and the difficulty of her job I would applaud her. Everyone with an opposing viewpoint is not "whining," Sorry. Making a blanket statement doesn't make it true. Its called debate for a reason.

You are not ready for end game content. It must be very hard for you to admit. Complaining about a situation that is 100% due to your choices is indeed whining.
    I am not ready for this event either but you won't catch me whining about it.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah...-couple of people- that belong to a certain subset, high spending relatively new players that also skipped c3po for reasons across it's numerous runs. I don't deny the existence of other people in this stead, just saying that it's a minority amongst the high spenders that would make to the event simply by filling the missing toon gap.

You never addressed my appeal to Padme and GK also being needed for this event. Padme is newer from C3po too.

You may also be unable to complete an event merely because you can't buy zetas, you happened to not have a stock and some you haven't done that 1-2 zetas that turns out to be mandatory for it.

So...since we all know your expectation won't happen, what are you going to do in the future say when a legendary comes along not to your immediate liking and such or you don't like the toons needed for the event?
  • Options
    faxy95yzefur.jpeg
    17cr34sfss41.jpeg

You are not ready for end game content. It must be very hard for you to admit. Complaining about a situation that is 100% due to your choices is indeed whining.

Please don't turn to insults to defend your position. I'm a Division two-player, I've never been lower than Aurodium and I am in an end content guild with nearly 30 stars on farm in Geno Wars. Please don't degrade or demean people.
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    He does seem to pick and choose who and what he answers or responds to, despite allegedly being interested in a "spirited debate".
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Options
    Yeah...-couple of people- that belong to a certain subset, high spending relatively new players that also skipped c3po for reasons across it's numerous runs. I don't deny the existence of other people in this stead, just saying that it's a minority amongst the high spenders that would make to the event simply by filling the missing toon gap.

You never addressed my appeal to Padme and GK also being needed for this event. Padme is newer from C3po too.

You may also be unable to complete an event merely because you can't buy zetas, you happened to not have a stock and some you haven't done that 1-2 zetas that turns out to be mandatory for it.

So...since we all know your expectation won't happen, what are you going to do in the future say when a legendary comes along not to your immediate liking and such or you don't like the toons needed for the event?

I didn't disagree or argue about the GK or Padme position because you're just affirming my position that they are "Road Blocks." I agree with you almost completely bud. However, I contend that it seems a mistake to me to bar certain players from not being able to "buy in." As Malak was the only real precedent to this type of unlock and it doesn't seem to support their general thesis of "Pay to Play." If it is a pay to play a game which. It in fact is by definition. Accessibility through monetary means should be possible, if not by mistake of design when there are at least 3 situations if not more that we've mentioned that barricade that possibility.
  • Options
    faxy95yzefur.jpeg
    17cr34sfss41.jpeg

Please don't turn to insults to defend your position. I'm a Division two-player, I've never been lower than Aurodium and I am in an end content guild with nearly 30 stars on farm in Geno Wars. Please don't degrade or demean people.

Lol I am not attacking you, I am pointing out that you are not ready for the event and now you are whining that you can't throw a stack of dollar bills in the pot to get a chance at it. It will all be okay, just do it next time. In the meantime, you can buy all the new things that come out so this doesn't happen again or just live with the consequences of your choices like a reasonable person would do. Peace.
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Accessibility through monetary means should be possible, if not by mistake of design when there are at least 3 situations if not more that we've mentioned that barricade that possibility.

Look, here's the thing. You're cherry picking this one instance to fit your point, but you're ignoring the literal years of events and data that precede this.

If we acknowledge your point that this is A) both "pay to play" (which I already refuted as "pay to win, not pay to play" and you ignored)...and B.) that accessibility through monetary means should be possible, then we still arrive at the conclusion that you are incorrect.

There is literally zero precedent for what you are asking for. While it is true that CG has begun to change the rules of the game with every new "epic/legendary/super duper special" event they release now, one thing remains true as well:

They have never, not once, in any event that required additional Legendary/Super Duper Special tier characters as part of it...authorized a special pack, sale, or buyable entry to make accessing the new character easier for those that opted not to do it when that character's event was around.

You claim that accessibility through monetary means should be possible, but what you're asking for and leaving unsaid is: "at all times"

There's just no precedent for it and they're not going to start now. Accessibility of readily available toons at the time of any individual event that requires a specific toon however, is.

Like the Ewoks that require the droid who has you so up in arms.

While you're asking for the ability to buy 3P0 shards, would you also like players to be able to flat out buy Thrawn, R2, CLS, Padme, etc?

Maybe it's time.

/shrugs
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Options
    @Zerfius
    if we have looked at the Feats in GAC, we should have seen it coming that they are doing all they can to push us to use that game mode more.

A while back they specifically stated that they were going to try to integrate ships more tightly with the rest of the game. This began way back when Fleet Battles was introduced and they put toon shards as rewards for fleet battles instead of making all the fleet rewards go right back into ships ... and at the same time they put more ships in LS/DS battles where previously only KR/Silencer in Cantina had been a double node.

They've said that they were going to do this. They made noises previously about a raid that mixes ships and toons. They've taken steps in this direction. And now they've taken another step.

That's all. This isn't out of left field. This isn't shocking. This is them doing what they said they were going to do.

And I know that the Pokemon "gotta have them all" seems like bad strategy, but it's really not. What's bad strategy is gearing all your toons halfway. We know that gear is expensive to buy, but at least you can actually buy a lot of it in a short time. We also know that EA/CG likes to surprise with the requirements for events. And we know that there often just aren't enough shards available to rush-farm things, or there are legendary toons that you get when available or you can't do anything about them when they're required for something else.

So the thing to do is to collect everything at 7* (yes, even ships), but don't gear it or gear it only as much as needed for a specific event. Between events, gear meta toons to high level and save up crystals/gear for the next gear crunch.

We'll never be able to predict what EA/CG is going to do. We'll never be able to buy 330 shards of a toon instantly. So the right thing to do is to 7* everything now, gear them (or their pilots/crew) as needed.
This discussion has been closed.