Sandbagging is a huge problem in TW

Replies

• Options
    Liath wrote: »
    RWTD_Burn wrote: »
    How do you determine if a guild is sandbagging on purpose and "cheating" as you call it versus a guild that has rules that if you aren't willing to participate 100% in TW then don't sign up? Like others here, we not only don't force our members to join TW, we ask them not to if they know that they are going to be traveling or busy and not able to play. There is nothing more frustrating to a guild then having someone that joins and then doesn't put a team on defense nor makes an attack. That punishes the 49 other members that try.

Also worth noting is that at higher Guild GPs, the impact of 2-3 members not participating has a much greater impact. When they have around 5M GP each, that's a quick drop off and it gets much more difficult for matchmaking to make a fair matchup. Does it suck? Yep. We were on both sides of that equation these past 2 TWs. Calling that cheating though seems harsh and there is no way to determine if a guild is doing it on purpose to get an advantage or just doesn't force it's members to play TW.

I didn’t call it cheating.

Sorry, I realized it quoted the wrong person and removed the quotes almost right away. You replied fast!!! LOL
    RWTD_Burn - Bears with Sabers
    https://swgoh.gg/u/rwtdBurn/
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    RWTD_Burn wrote: »
    How do you determine if a guild is sandbagging on purpose and "cheating" as you call it versus a guild that has rules that if you aren't willing to participate 100% in TW then don't sign up?

you don't have to since it's never cheating.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    We just face a guild that had us by 24 mil GP. We went in with 47 people, so we were short as it is.

We won.

Point being, if you are a good TW focused guild with good guidance, this isn't an issue for you.
  • AceCV
    995 posts Member
    Options
    The real problem in TW is matchmaking as a whole and not only sandbagging. It's not the defensive setups number that gives the real advantage.... is the player selection (focused rosters) ... and ofc... having people that really participates in there instead of just registering to collect rewards.

When the matchmaking is based on GP and GP don't valorize correctly the things that makes the difference... Reliqs, gear 13, 6dots mods... it's obvious that matchmaking will always suck... and some guilds takes advantage of that.

Never saw the devs interested in solving the root cause (GP)....or a matchmaking algorithm that worked in this feature....and the issue is getting worse as your guild power (GP) grows.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    I always sandbag for those rainy days.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    What year is it?
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Lio wrote: »
    What year is it?

• Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    And I am excited to be born 5 years from now.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    HJoci30 wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Intrapidoo wrote: »
    Im not saying you are intentionally cheating by not forcing people, but when you get reported for it you should acknowledge the fact that you destroyed your opponents opportunity to play the only relevant guild content in the game and have fun. And thats as said before, lame as hell and you should accept the dirt you get for it.

Using the report feature for anything other than reporting cheaters is nonsense. Accusing guilds and players, that play by the rules, of cheating is nonsense. Noone should ever accept false accusations of cheating. Get real.

How can you tell they didnt cheat in GA? There are really no way to tell (only in exreme cases) Im thinking of reporting my current opponent, because with the teams he left for attack he cant beat my def only with seriously amazing rng. So Im not sure.

GAC is irrelevant to this discussion. Please stick to the subject.
    BUT in TW we can know that the opponent left out members.

Which isn't cheating disregarding whether it's intentional or not.
    We dont know if it was intentional or not. We can barely know anything, but with reporting, we can at least put them on the map for investigating.

Under investigation for what?

Be smart. Only report cheaters. Reporting each and every opponent in TW simply because they are not a full guild is stupid. All it does is delay investigation of cheating. Nobody needs this.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    No, you're missing the part where it isn't cheating/against the rules.

We cant agree in this, but I think we can agree that it is an unfair advantage against guilds with full participation.

Disregarding whether they have an advantage or not, it's not cheating. Why do you insist in reporting them for cheating?
  • Options
    Im not saying you are intentionally cheating by not forcing people, but when you get reported for it you should acknowledge the fact that you destroyed your opponents opportunity to play the only relevant guild content in the game and have fun. And thats as said before, lame as hell and you should accept the dirt you get for it.

Using the report feature for anything other than reporting cheaters is nonsense. Accusing guilds and players, that play by the rules, of cheating is nonsense. Noone should ever accept false accusations of cheating. Get real.

How can you tell they didnt cheat in GA? There are really no way to tell (only in exreme cases) Im thinking of reporting my current opponent, because with the teams he left for attack he cant beat my def only with seriously amazing rng. So Im not sure. BUT in TW we can know that the opponent left out members. We dont know if it was intentional or not. We can barely know anything, but with reporting, we can at least put them on the map for investigating. That is the only thing we can do right now.

vs....
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1953346/#Comment_1953346
    Im not sure about my opponent, it is possible that he beat me fair and square but Im a bit suspicios. Do you know what happens if I report him? I dont want to report an innocent player.

It sure seems like you do...

• Options
    We just face a guild that had us by 24 mil GP. We went in with 47 people, so we were short as it is.

We won.

Point being, if you are a good TW focused guild with good guidance, this isn't an issue for you.

It isnt an issue for you?I disagree, try going up against 2 wall of full relic gg squads followed by a full wall of relic sisters and malaks and when you get through it face 2 wall of negotiators with ofc relic pilots.

If you get through it and still have anything left to clear the rest of the map(which is also full of relic squads) than come and tell me such.

Yeah I’m sure this person isn’t in a high GP guild.
  • Options
    We have 41 people in guild (lost a lot of members last couple months). Usually, we get about 35 in TW
  • Options
    The guild I am in has been stuck at 42 members for what feels like forever now - even after opening it up for anyone to join. We usually get full participation on weekday TWs and drop to 38-40 on weekend TWs.

Something I'd like to see CG focus on is resolving the issue that prevents certain guilds from showing up in the Guild Search / Find a Guild page.

It's hard enough to find members for a mid-range GP guild as it is, this has made it almost impossible. I'd love to have a fully stacked 50 for a TW again - we're not sandbagging, just lacking members.

(I was trying to go through this post to see if this had already been said, but figured I'd just post it anyways... Apologies if it's been covered)
  • Options
    We tell people to not join if they are busy or not able to contribute. So yes it helps strong guilds and yes it is fun to steam roll weak guilds for the practice.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Monel wrote: »
    And I am excited to be born 5 years from now.

Get outta here, whippersnapper!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    This thread is ridiculous. Everyone who doesn’t win every single matchup complains that “matchmaking is unfair”. And they demand changes that benefit only themselves.
    I’m in a 80mil gp guild. And we struggle to get 25 people to sign up for tw. We also struggle to get new members. We’ve NEVER had a new member request over 1 mil gp. So if I’m understanding a lot of the posters in this thread, we’re supposed to be punished or reported because of our struggles?!?!? We don’t have a choice in how many sign up. We can’t cut people that don’t, because who are we going to replace them with??? So basically our guild should be punished or dissolved because 200mil whale guilds don’t win 100% of the time.
    Just accept that the game isn’t always going to let you win every single thing.
    Post edited by Ltswb1 on
  • Options
    Since we reached 200 mill gp, we only had sandbaggigng opponents. 18, 20, 26 mill and more is the difference in gp. This isnt fair machmaking. We cant do anything about it. We will not do sandbagging. We will report every opponent from now. Devs should at least aknowledge the problem.

Hope your guild will be disbanded and officers banned for meaningless continuous reports :D
  • Options
    Javin37 wrote: »

How can you tell they didnt cheat in GA? There are really no way to tell (only in exreme cases) Im thinking of reporting my current opponent, because with the teams he left for attack he cant beat my def only with seriously amazing rng. So Im not sure. BUT in TW we can know that the opponent left out members. We dont know if it was intentional or not. We can barely know anything, but with reporting, we can at least put them on the map for investigating. That is the only thing we can do right now.

vs....
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1953346/#Comment_1953346
    Im not sure about my opponent, it is possible that he beat me fair and square but Im a bit suspicios. Do you know what happens if I report him? I dont want to report an innocent player.

We are reporting the guild, for possible sandbagging, not the members. There is a difference.
  • Options
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    Since we reached 200 mill gp, we only had sandbaggigng opponents. 18, 20, 26 mill and more is the difference in gp. This isnt fair machmaking. We cant do anything about it. We will not do sandbagging. We will report every opponent from now. Devs should at least aknowledge the problem.

Hope your guild will be disbanded and officers banned for meaningless continuous reports :D

It isnt meaningless. If you cant understand that, Im sorry for you.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Javin37 wrote: »

vs....

We are reporting the guild, for possible sandbagging, not the members. There is a difference.

What's the difference? You're reporting non-cheaters for cheating either way. Sandbagging is still not cheating. It never was. Reporting players for cheating because they are sandbagging is a stupid idea. There's absoloutely nothing positive about it.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »

It isnt meaningless. If you cant understand that, Im sorry for you.

Reporting non-cheaters for cheating is a stupid idea - whether you can understand it or not.
  • Dmitry_M81
    459 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Lol, I understand it 100% - we often either face such opponents or doing it ourselves: RL issues don't allow all the members to be involved all the time; that's ok + I wish 5-10 more members never sign up for TWs as they don't conttibute enough, haha.
    Reporting guilds / players when you know you have no reasons for (it's not "cheating") should be punished, imho. Maybe few days ban for persons who constantly push the button they shouldn't ;)
  • Options
    It is really good to see, that Im the bad guy, because Im trying to do something against unfair behavior in TW. 😂
  • Options
    It is really good to see, that Im the bad guy, because Im trying to do something against unfair behavior in TW. 😂
    You’re not the bad guy.

You’re just wasting the devs time reporting guilds for something you think is unfair but is nevertheless quite plainly not cheating.

• Options
    You’re not the bad guy.

You’re just wasting the devs time reporting guilds for something you think is unfair but is nevertheless quite plainly not cheating.

It is still unfair. Also If we wont do anything, the devs will not care about it. This might get there attention. If not, well, at least we tried to do something.
  • Options
    Do something that might not be the best way but hopefully get the attention for a huge problem VS do nothing. Hmmm I prefer the 1st.