Updated Reconciliation Plan [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    Most in my guild had no idea. The chat thread indicates that too. There are lots of people saying they didn’t think it was a bug
  • Options
    People are going to complain no matter what. One thing that's completely avoidable is having us in-fighting. Just give everyone the same compensation, say you're sorry and move on to some new content. Increasing the make-good compensation made sense with the delay, but having two different adjustments is just going to have us angry at each other. Clearly you don't have kids, CG.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I don't get smart guys viewpoint of knowing it is a bug.
    Sorry, according to what? CG needed 10 hours to issue Any statement.
    it was unexpected yes, but according to CG not doing anything for 10 hours after event went live, one could assume it was by design.
    And it was all over forums, reddit, discord... 10 hours. It took 10 hours to say it is a bug..

I'd just like to point out that CG's initial response came at 8:15am their local time. So I guess if you are trying to suggest that CG waiting 10 hours is crazy because they were...oh, I don't know...home sleeping before coming into work for the day like most people? Yea, I'm going have to refer you to the first line of my post regarding being honest.

I'd like to point out that when you are involved with a multi-million dollar endeavor that runs high profile events it is not a good business practice to fail to properly test said event, or to not have essential staff on hand when the event launches. This whole argument about them not working 24/7 is laughable. If I am launching something at work I will be there when it launches to make sure all is well. It is a little thing called work ethic and taking ownership of your projects.

You work 24/7? Outstanding! Kudos to you - and 500 crystal candy bar.

Yeah, I do work 24/7. It's called being on call in case any issues arise.

Do you work at all? I mean, other than for CG or EA? I'm gonna refer you to the first line in your condescending post.

I don’t think you pay attention to the forums much. Nikom is one of the biggest critiques of EA and CG’s business practices for years now. Very rarely does he side with them and usually takes a very non biased approach In his assessments.

I may not agree with him on this situation but he’s certainly not an EA/CG apologist.

True that. But it's fine - ironically, I have been called a "shill" and a "hater" in the same day in two separate threads. Way back in undergrad, I had a professor who once said "You can tell where you stand by who you make angry. If you're making conservatives mad, you're probably liberal. If you're making liberals mad, you're probably conservative, if you're making everybody mad, you're probably a dead-center moderate and a fair one...or insane."

Since I'm not insane, I guess I know where that leaves me. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Stalbot
    131 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    As much as I hate to say it. . But I do feel . The 1 thing that make everyone happy with this is the one thing that cg will not do . That would turn the event back on and let everyone who didn't get to play it a chance to get the shards . The ones that did play it and got the shard get to keep what they got . And the people that had a 7* get a refund on the get 1 or if they don't want to give the get1 back they get 3 to 4 full crafted pieces of g12+ gear the funny thing is that would be the simplest thing to do
  • Options
    Way back in undergrad, I had a professor who once said "You can tell where you stand by who you make angry. If you're making conservatives mad, you're probably liberal. If you're making liberals mad, you're probably conservative, if you're making everybody mad, you're probably a dead-center moderate and a fair one...or insane."

Since I'm not insane, I guess I know where that leaves me. ;)

So when that guy driving the Trump 2020 truck flipped me off this morning after I cut him off, that just meant I was liberal :p jk...this is a great quote, though.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Vicarious wrote: »

CG obviously doesn’t have a huge employee base. The fact that they don’t have someone monitoring their product at all times is mind boggling to say the least.

It is a phone game. Not brain surgery or life and death. Yes, I understand that there are medical professional's that need to be available for extended periods of time (24/7/365 is never the case though - they are allowed to go on vacation and have time off). Again, it is a phone game. And the event had run twice before. They've even made a point to say that they will release new events when they are around and in the office (which was also an indication that there were times when that wasn't the case).

It is not "mind boggling" and it's not news and it's not different this time. I realize hyperbole is the best and most amazing thing ever invented, but we could sure use a lot less of it here. Especially in this thread.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    FyreSnake wrote: »
    To be fair all players should get the same compensation (regardless of whether you were rolled back or not) If you are rolled back well that was a risk you took when you knew or should have suspected the mode wasn't operating as intended.

I vote that all get the crystals GET, zeta shards etc or no one does. Plain and simple otherwise CG your over complicating things.

CG doesn't have to do squat really either in my opinion. Giving out compensation is really out of their kindness for the "inconvenience"

really??? really?? risk you took when you susoected or should have?

after 100€ packs that are allways cashing in flawlesly, I - ME, US should have suspected what? What am I, a quality control that pays to play? I had all the reasons to believe, that that sign in event - earn shards fir darth malak, was completely sincere, it was 3. time and GAS was over. Looked like all is legit.
    Besides, 10 hours lag to respond? ****? is this some local company working 9 to 5 or what?
  • Options
    FyreSnake wrote: »
    To be fair all players should get the same compensation (regardless of whether you were rolled back or not) If you are rolled back well that was a risk you took when you knew or should have suspected the mode wasn't operating as intended.

I vote that all get the crystals GET, zeta shards etc or no one does. Plain and simple otherwise CG your over complicating things.

CG doesn't have to do squat really either in my opinion. Giving out compensation is really out of their kindness for the "inconvenience"

really??? really?? risk you took when you susoected or should have?

after 100€ packs that are allways cashing in flawlesly, I - ME, US should have suspected what? What am I, a quality control that pays to play? I had all the reasons to believe, that that sign in event - earn shards fir darth malak, was completely sincere, it was 3. time and GAS was over. Looked like all is legit.
    Besides, 10 hours lag to respond? ****? is this some local company working 9 to 5 or what?

I looked at the event before it was taken down. It clearly said "First time rewards". So yes anyone would have been on notice that attaining extra shards for free wasn't part of the game plan. That being said if you spent money on gear etc, by all means that gear should be given back to the player. If not that then at least the crystals / resources given back to cover it to make the player whole.
  • Options
    There was only 1 easy way out. Get rid of 5 star unlocks. That wasn't in their cards. So I'm resided to accept the 500 crystals as I'm not spending anymore and I really need them!
    I'm in the group that -- I'm 65/100 on Malak. I saw the message not to do the event. So I didn't. Had I, I would be reeving 5000 GET1 that I need for General Skywalker and Malak. Because I did what they said, I am getting no extra GET.
    So no, I'm not excited about it. It'd be better to have a level amount given to all.
  • Options
    Quick question. I just unlocked the event for the first time and was able to complete the LS event before it was taken down. Am I going to lose those shards in the rollback and have to complete the event again?

It took me many, many tries and a few hours.
  • Lanbo
    128 posts Member
    Options
    bigal4458 wrote: »
    Quick question. I just unlocked the event for the first time and was able to complete the LS event before it was taken down. Am I going to lose those shards in the rollback and have to complete the event again?

It took me many, many tries and a few hours.

Don't think you're supposed to lose them, but nobody knows if they'll screw it up or not.
  • Options
    Mol9961 wrote: »
    Most in my guild had no idea. The chat thread indicates that too. There are lots of people saying they didn’t think it was a bug

I made darn sure my guild new what was going on and to play the event asap before CG got their hands on it.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    There is no way for CG to know who knew it was an unintended bug and who just stumbled into it. Maybe if the rewards were listed on the event tab itself and not buried in a Rewards tab there could be a case that people should have known. So they can either punish their user base at a time when people seem to be quitting en masse (assuming CG thinks everyone knew it was a bug), or they can try to save some face and send out apology rewards.

At this point, I think they need to be as gracious to their user base as possible.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    CG time is ticking... to make this event fair to everyone the only resolution is to issue a lifetime ban for everyone who completed the malak event since they were exploiting the game.

Plus on the bright side by banning all the accounts that have or could get malak opens up a new meta.

Furthermore everyone who loses an account will have to start a new one and start all over. They will want malak back so will have to spend a lot on their new account to get him back all from scratch. This way cg can make money from them all over again!!!

Just throwing this out there .... it's not to late to ban everyone. Sure some people will be upset but not much more than now, and plus you will make money by everyone having to start new accounts.

We know hom much CG likes to make bad decisions so just offering another option for them to make profits.
  • Options

I made darn sure my guild new what was going on and to play the event asap before CG got their hands on it.

You did the right thing. Even though they won't keep the shards, they'll get extra GET.

I did what they told me. (I should have done the rage against the machine lyrics)

And I am getting nothing extra.

• Options
    Vicarious wrote: »

CG obviously doesn’t have a huge employee base. The fact that they don’t have someone monitoring their product at all times is mind boggling to say the least.

It is a phone game. Not brain surgery or life and death. Yes, I understand that there are medical professional's that need to be available for extended periods of time (24/7/365 is never the case though - they are allowed to go on vacation and have time off). Again, it is a phone game. And the event had run twice before. They've even made a point to say that they will release new events when they are around and in the office (which was also an indication that there were times when that wasn't the case).

It is not "mind boggling" and it's not news and it's not different this time. I realize hyperbole is the best and most amazing thing ever invented, but we could sure use a lot less of it here. Especially in this thread.

Phone game. Yes.

Multi-Million dollar game. Yes.

Millions' of dollars. You better have a handle on things. It ain't like it's a mom and pop corner store that you have Johnny the funny looking son of your neighbors working to help him have something to do.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Just throwing this out there .... it's not to late to ban everyone.

I don't usually quote myself - especially from just a few posts ago, but this seems apropos...
    I realize hyperbole is the best and most amazing thing ever invented, but we could sure use a lot less of it here. Especially in this thread.

:D

• Options
    give everyone 5000GET and 2 full zetas and call it a day. That would make me happy
  • Options
    give everyone 5000GET and 2 full zetas and call it a day. That would make me happy

Actually - it would.
  • Lanbo
    128 posts Member
    Options

I don't usually quote myself - especially from just a few posts ago, but this seems apropos...
    I realize hyperbole is the best and most amazing thing ever invented, but we could sure use a lot less of it here. Especially in this thread.

But where else am I supposed to get entertainment? There's no new content in SWGOH.
  • Options
    Lanbo wrote: »

But where else am I supposed to get entertainment? There's no new content in SWGOH.

Fair point. They can't even get the old content to work.

• Options

Actually - it would.

They likely will. Adjust a mod on malak, something. It isn't hard to change his "state" so you get the currency. Who knows what the parameters are. It isn't just about shards.
  • Options

Normally yes.

But in this case there are reports that people who beat the event after crumbs dont play it warning went out have been banned in the game... that's just not fair but nothing they do really is...

I saw 2 posts on here saying they got banned after beating malak (before they were moved to idk where).... so banning everyone isnt that far out of the realm of actions cg can do and it would lead to less complaints over 250 vs 500 Crystal's.

People would just be happy to not have been banned and basically shut up and move along like nice lemmings.
  • Lanbo
    128 posts Member
    Options

Normally yes.

But in this case there are reports that people who beat the event after crumbs dont play it warning went out have been banned in the game... that's just not fair but nothing they do really is...

I saw 2 posts on here saying they got banned after beating malak (before they were moved to idk where).... so banning everyone isnt that far out of the realm of actions cg can do and it would lead to less complaints over 250 vs 500 Crystal's.

People would just be happy to not have been banned and basically shut up and move along like nice lemmings.

I sincerely doubt anyone actually got banned for playing the content. Either fake news or they got banned for other reasons.
  • Options
    Lanbo wrote: »

Normally yes.

I sincerely doubt anyone actually got banned for playing the content. Either fake news or they got banned for other reasons.

Yeah... no one got banned for playing the content after the forum warning went out. Anyone who is saying they did is full of it.

There are thousands of people who play the game who don't come to the forum at all. There would be no feasible way for CG to know who had seen a warning and who had not.
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Shaddes wrote: »
    I’ve been thinking about it and I honestly think this “mistake” was very intentional. They just straight up re-monetized malak, And I say this because of the lack of $$ return on purchases made towards g12/13/relic malak for those who did that.. sure those pieces aren’t going to be on malak and placed in your inventory but it doesn’t matter, if you bought the packs (which MANY people did) you already spent the 65-99$ On gear/relics intended for malak NOW, not in a few months, not for any other character, for malak now.. and they’re not giving you that money back.

Maybe if they didn’t leave us in the dark my mind wouldn’t go to crazy places like this but it did, thanks for the tinfoil hat

@Nikoms565 ohh ooh ooh. Here you go for Hanlon's!

Though one often wonders.... if someone is aware of Hanlon's razor, could they not use it to their own advantage? In other words, how often do we apply "stupidity" to someone before maybe we need to consider "maliciously genius"?
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Jetro wrote: »
    Hello, I spent 3800 GET I points on Malak after the event, will I get them back too after this reconcoliation or I will lose them?

you should not lose anything that was not gained from doing the event multiple times. the shards you bought should still be there after this roll back.

Thanks bro for the answer, I hope that's true!!
    Really appreciate that since my post got merged into this with no reason...here everyone here is arguing about something they could do nothing about. CG's will go their way giving a f**k about community feelings as always...
  • Options
    Shaddes wrote: »
    I’ve been thinking about it and I honestly think this “mistake” was very intentional. They just straight up re-monetized malak, And I say this because of the lack of $$ return on purchases made towards g12/13/relic malak for those who did that.. sure those pieces aren’t going to be on malak and placed in your inventory but it doesn’t matter, if you bought the packs (which MANY people did) you already spent the 65-99$ On gear/relics intended for malak NOW, not in a few months, not for any other character, for malak now.. and they’re not giving you that money back.

Maybe if they didn’t leave us in the dark my mind wouldn’t go to crazy places like this but it did, thanks for the tinfoil hat

How did they "leave us in the dark"? They were communicating past 8pm their local time last night. Other than posting "still going ahead just like we said we would" every few hours, what else would you like them to illuminate?