Updated Reconciliation Plan [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    I don't understand why so much time is being devoted to an issue that impacts such a tiny portion of the user base when there are actual important problems that affect everyone, like the disappearing buttons.

If giving 150 Malak shards to a few thousand people who had him somewhere between 5* and 7* is going to affect their revenue that severely, they are in a far worse financial position than I thought. Didn't all the big spenders already have him at 7*? This all seems like a massive waste of time.
  • Options
    nabokovfan wrote: »
    Zagrey wrote: »
    hilarious
    people having 7* Malak being punished for 5k GET

They get shard shop currency. They are not being punished. If you have malak 7s then you get the reward that helps you most, if you had an issue, paid money to get him up, you lose that, but you get some GET equivalent to 15 shards. It is not a punishment for either side. You get something because of the hassle.

Ummm 5000 GET 1 would help me quite a bit more thn shard shop currency
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I don't get smart guys viewpoint of knowing it is a bug.
    Sorry, according to what? CG needed 10 hours to issue Any statement.
    it was unexpected yes, but according to CG not doing anything for 10 hours after event went live, one could assume it was by design.
    And it was all over forums, reddit, discord... 10 hours. It took 10 hours to say it is a bug..

I'd just like to point out that CG's initial response came at 8:15am their local time. So I guess if you are trying to suggest that CG waiting 10 hours is crazy because they were...oh, I don't know...home sleeping before coming into work for the day like most people? Yea, I'm going have to refer you to the first line of my post regarding being honest.

I'd like to point out that when you are involved with a multi-million dollar endeavor that runs high profile events it is not a good business practice to fail to properly test said event, or to not have essential staff on hand when the event launches. This whole argument about them not working 24/7 is laughable. If I am launching something at work I will be there when it launches to make sure all is well. It is a little thing called work ethic and taking ownership of your projects.

You work 24/7? Outstanding! Kudos to you - and 500 crystal candy bar.

Yeah, I do work 24/7. It's called being on call in case any issues arise.

Do you work at all? I mean, other than for CG or EA? I'm gonna refer you to the first line in your condescending post.

You are being completely unreasonable - no one is on call 24/7. Expecting people to baby sit a phone game overnight for an event that has launched twice already is completely unrealistic.

And to answer your question - yes, I work, not for CG or EA and not 24/7. Interesting that you state you work 24/7 because I have several family members who are doctors and nurses (and a volunteer firefighter) and none of them is on call 24/7. It's clear the entire "being honest" thing (or the "having realistic expectations when it comes to a game on your phone" thing) isn't a strong point with you. I think we can be done now.

Seriously?

Im on call 24/7.... thats just the way it is
  • Options
    With day two of rollback issues my suggestion is this. Don’t rollback at all. Instead just give everyone who 7 starred malak before 10/18 get1 that matches 150 Malak shards. I’d say don’t even worry about gems that way. I’m grateful for the gems and the get1 since I’m at 6 stars malak before event.
  • Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    it was unexpected yes, but according to CG not doing anything for 10 hours after event went live, one could assume it was by design.
    And it was all over forums, reddit, discord... 10 hours. It took 10 hours to say it is a bug..

I'd just like to point out that CG's initial response came at 8:15am their local time. So I guess if you are trying to suggest that CG waiting 10 hours is crazy because they were...oh, I don't know...home sleeping before coming into work for the day like most people? Yea, I'm going have to refer you to the first line of my post regarding being honest.

I'd like to point out that when you are involved with a multi-million dollar endeavor that runs high profile events it is not a good business practice to fail to properly test said event, or to not have essential staff on hand when the event launches. This whole argument about them not working 24/7 is laughable. If I am launching something at work I will be there when it launches to make sure all is well. It is a little thing called work ethic and taking ownership of your projects.

Do you work at all? I mean, other than for CG or EA? I'm gonna refer you to the first line in your condescending post.

You are being completely unreasonable - no one is on call 24/7. Expecting people to baby sit a phone game overnight for an event that has launched twice already is completely unrealistic.

And to answer your question - yes, I work, not for CG or EA and not 24/7. Interesting that you state you work 24/7 because I have several family members who are doctors and nurses (and a volunteer firefighter) and none of them is on call 24/7. It's clear the entire "being honest" thing (or the "having realistic expectations when it comes to a game on your phone" thing) isn't a strong point with you. I think we can be done now.

Seriously?

Im on call 24/7.... thats just the way it is

Yes, I know - for 365 days in row, and you have to walk barefoot in the snow, uphill both ways. We've already had 3 people say the same (without the walking barefoot part).
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb
    Is the goal to push the update before GAC locks for the week, or is all of this mute because of the previous fix to lock GAC as soon as you join?
  • Options
    FyreSnake wrote: »
    To be fair all players should get the same compensation (regardless of whether you were rolled back or not) If you are rolled back well that was a risk you took when you knew or should have suspected the mode wasn't operating as intended.

I vote that all get the crystals GET, zeta shards etc or no one does. Plain and simple otherwise CG your over complicating things.

CG doesn't have to do squat really either in my opinion. Giving out compensation is really out of their kindness for the "inconvenience"

See @CG_SBCrumb or whoever, if y’all had done right by @CG_Carrie a woman would’ve been in charge and that’s EXACTLY how things would’ve happened.
  • Options
    Lanbo wrote: »

You have no concept of what "on call" means apparently. I'm on call 24/7 as well. Most of my laboratory is monitored electronically every second. If anything is out of spec for a certain period of time, I am notified (no matter what time of day or night it is) and I have to deal with it. Same thing with our servers. If anything critical goes down, I've got to fix it no matter what time it is.

That actually raises another question! If the event has launched twice before, how the F did this even happen?!?!

• Options
    @CG_SBCrumb
    In my opinion, everyone that has Malak 5* or 6* needs to earn 5000GET, even if we did or did not do the event before you took off.
  • Options
    Too many different perspectives...

I am in the had Malak 6* crowd.
    I replayed the Malak event (DS) at about 12:25am pacific. Much to my surprise I got shards. Now with all the talk and changes etc. I didn’t see this as a problem, it was a surprise.
    I 7*d my Malak, started gearing him, buying some key pieces from the GET store not believing I needed them as desperately as before.

Now I understand the bug, not angry over concept of a rollback. But I need the rollback to return the spent GET (go ahead... take the gear I bought with it).

Those that say players in our situation lost nothing simply refuse to open their eyes when it doesn’t suit them.

The way CG handled this from the start made it more and more complicated.
    They DID take time to research situations with Malak in the GET store, so they have a better idea of actual numbers than those here.

No matter what the solution, it won’t be fair to all, but it should be certain not to put players further behind in a unmerciful grind than they were before CGs blunder.

Just to clarify at least my own comments on this matter; it’s not that we think ppl that leveled him up using the shards they got that they weren’t intended to get shouldn’t be compensated. I personally just feel that everyone (including those that were prepared for the event but weren’t on time to do the event to unlock him) should also get the rewards. Otherwise, it will certainly cause an unfair advantage for those of us that weren’t able to get on the game before they stopped the event.

Not to mention, if they knew they were going to roll back the shards, zeta mats, GET 1 tokens and so on, wouldn’t it be easier and more fair to let the event play out the rest of it’s duration? Then they’d be able to treat everyone fairly by rolling everyone that unlocked him back and providing the exact same apology rewards to all!
  • Jouh
    64 posts Member
    Options
    What a load of bullXhit to claim those with 7 malak has an advantage. You think they didn spend the 68k GET to reaxh 7 stars? Higher Rewards in arena? This meta is all about speed. The opportunity cost of these 68k GET is 28 fully crafted stun guns.

And what about those who just reach 7 star before the repeated event? They have benefit nth from having a 7 star malak and now only getting shard currency

Those who talk shxt about 7 star malak does not deserve the same compensation are those without a one and being salty not to get some advantage out of this mistake by CG.

And CG, don’t claim this is a bug, is a lazy and poor decision which F every1.
  • Options
    Lanbo wrote: »
    bigal4458 wrote: »
    Quick question. I just unlocked the event for the first time and was able to complete the LS event before it was taken down. Am I going to lose those shards in the rollback and have to complete the event again?

It took me many, many tries and a few hours.

Don't think you're supposed to lose them, but nobody knows if they'll screw it up or not.

Actually as I understand it, yes all ppl that unlocked Malak At 5*s will have to redo the even to get him. But hey, you’re getting 500 crystals and extra GET 1 tokens. That’s makes it all better NOT!

It really does suck that all the ones that did and didn’t unlock Malak are getting the poo end of the stick
  • Lrrr
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Good thing communicating with it’s community isn’t a goal of CG...cause they really suck at it.

Also this 5k GET1 - one of the most valuable currencies in the game, needs to be evaluated. I’m all for giving players who you are screwing over perks, but GET currency is extremely limited and hard to come by so giving away one Geo TB worth of GET1 seems excessive if you aren’t going to give the currency to everyone.

People complained about 1.5 stun guns worth of shard shop currency and your solution is to create another segmented reward? Meh, you guys are bad at this...
  • K331
    168 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    You got a 7 star Malak relic 7 you got from the bug cg had on event...TB GEOS been going on and people have been using there Malak they got from the bug.Tomorrow 7 star Malak goes away now your guild suffers from it and loses alot of points the guild could've got 3 or 4 more stars with all the 7 star Malaks but you didnt get them stars because they took malak away from TB GEOS..not fair at all..I say Leave malak like he is till event TB GEOS is completely done then do your thing CG..give you more time to test and the community is having fun using there 7 star malak for 1 event..
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    With all the delays I doubt Malak will be rolled back until February 31st 2061
  • K331
    168 posts Member
    Options
    Iol, I'm saying this because now you hurting guilds...
  • Options
    so if I already had Malak you are going to punish me by giving me something else than get when get is the most desired currency as of now
  • Options
    It is obvious that they are having trouble doing it. Don't expect anything to go off smoothly
  • Options
    malak is not doing 3-4 stars
  • Options
    I don't know why people that didn't have a 7 star Malak get the GET1 currency and those people who have a one don't.

If they give them GET1 currency everyone should get it.
  • Options
    I can guarantee this rollback will have massive logistical problems, people won't be getting back the Malak they started with, wrong number of shards, missing gear, missing mods, and so on. One of the main concerns is accounting for shards bought with currency after the arbitrary cutoff point.
  • Options
    malak is not doing 3-4 stars

This
  • Options
    Geshtianna wrote: »
    I can guarantee this rollback will have massive logistical problems, people won't be getting back the Malak they started with, wrong number of shards, missing gear, missing mods, and so on. One of the main concerns is accounting for shards bought with currency after the arbitrary cutoff point.

That's what I fear too - it's too complicated to get right. And it's getting worse by the second...
  • Jubai
    112 posts Member
    Options
    If your a shop that misprices something, your obliged to sell it at that price, take the L, let people keep Malak and move on.

Why is it so hard to do something good for the people who pay your Bill's?
  • Options
    mtvep6v1j96w.png

I can just put all the materials on JTR and be ready for the next Epic Confrontation...
  • Options
    O_o
    Really? Your definitely new
  • Options
    charlyw64 wrote: »

That's what I fear too - it's too complicated to get right. And it's getting worse by the second...

I agree with this as well. The delay would seem to indicate that is not as easy as they thought. And even when CG thinks things are fine, there are still disasters. As Mace Windu said in Jurassic Park...hold on to your butts.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Not really...
  • Options
    charlyw64 wrote: »

I agree with this as well. The delay would seem to indicate that is not as easy as they thought. And even when CG thinks things are fine, there are still disasters. As Mace Windu said in Jurassic Park...hold on to your butts.

1phrl440va54.jpeg

• Options
    Today’s the day... hopefully it goes smoothly...