Mace couldn’t kill a single Sith on screen

Not sure why he would get Anti-Sith synergy
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Mace couldn’t kill a single Sith on screen

Not sure why he would get Anti-Sith synergy

Rework Mace so he can't kill anyone like Hoda or C3PO.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • _Reaper_
    109 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Ephran wrote: »
    He also only had one fight with a sith and it ended with his arm gone and him falling to his death. "He was beating Palpatine before Anakin got there" no, Palp was letting him win so Anakin could be turned.

Totally wrong. Lucas said himself that Mace did beat Palpatine.
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options
    _Reaper_ wrote: »
    He also only had one fight with a sith and it ended with his arm gone and him falling to his death. "He was beating Palpatine before Anakin got there" no, Palp was letting him win so Anakin could be turned.

Well actually, Lucas says all sorts of things.
  • Options
    They better do something for LSGEOTB. As it stands, GR/Jedi are the biggest set of misfits in the game.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    not gonna lie, would like them to make mace a handless smoking carcass
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    _Reaper_ wrote: »

Well actually, Lucas says all sorts of things.

“Well actually”

Got a genuine laugh out of this
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

And a headless smoking carcass Jango please.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I seem to recall a certain scene in Episode II where Yoda and Mace Windu are discussing helping Obi Wan on Geonosis. It’s decided Yoda will go to Kamino, and Mace will go to Geonosis leading other Jedi. He then proceeds to wreck shop at said planet.

Apparently I’m misremembering this scene. Mace wasn’t able to lead the Jedi cause of being such a weak leader, and did not wreck ship seeing as he really didn’t have that great of skills.

This party... got shut down before it even began.

didn't mace and like 20 jedis just beat a bunch of droids?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

well, actually jango is a cool, iconic sw character, so that's a no from me
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options
    I seem to recall a certain scene in Episode II where Yoda and Mace Windu are discussing helping Obi Wan on Geonosis. It’s decided Yoda will go to Kamino, and Mace will go to Geonosis leading other Jedi. He then proceeds to wreck shop at said planet.

Apparently I’m misremembering this scene. Mace wasn’t able to lead the Jedi cause of being such a weak leader, and did not wreck ship seeing as he really didn’t have that great of skills.

This party... got shut down before it even began.

didn't mace and like 20 jedis just beat a bunch of droids?

The great gift Lucas gave us in the prequels was a bunch of utterly incompetent Jedi.

Thanks George!
  • Options
    Apparently the Devs at CG confused Mace Windu with Steve Urkel. (They obviously don’t watch Star Wars). That’s why he’s a liability to your team and kit is so god-aweful.

nr3v9gii8p2q.jpeg

• Options
    So, the rework on Mace Windu is off for the foreseeable future.

Mace Windu is supposed to be one of the greatest jedi ever, specifically his lightsaber form.
    He's such an embarrassing misrepresentation in the game, I actually would prefer if they removed the poor sod.

I understand that CG doesn't adhere to canon (in terms of toon power): anybody who has played KOTOR knows that Malak is grossly overpowered when you compare the two games, but how can it be nearly five years (I think) without a tweak to Mace? He's knicker-filling.

How about:

Invincible Assault: as is, but also granting foresight automatically on each hit, reflecting the f#cking name of the ability. It should also 100% stun against Separatists and/or droids.

Smite: What a waste of an ability. He needs something MUCH better here. So many possibilities. For example, I think something akin to DV's culling blade would suit the character. Maybe a saber throw that disables a random ability, or something like fracture? He is Mace Windu ffs.

Vaapad: Double the offense percentage increase and critical chance, rather than damage. He should also add squad TM to jedi whenever he attacks.

Shatterpoint: This is supposed to be one of the most powerful abilities in the canon. I think we can all agree that it sucks pygmy shrew balls in the game. How about 100% counterattack, 100% expose on ALL enemies each turn. Yes, because he's Mace Windu.

Or go the other way and embrace his crapness in-game.

Unconvincing assault: Mace Windu deals 5% damage to protection, but grants 10% health to the target.

Sh#te: Windu hurls his own faeces at a random teammate, inflicting daze.

Vaapad: Mace exposes himself, stunning everybody and resetting all TM.

Shatterpoint: Mace has a 10% chance to lop his own arm off while attacking. Stacking. If Mace severs his arm, it is reset, but next time he cuts his head off.

Anyway, I'm salty. How would you guys rework him?
  • Options
    This party is over

3daaegizfxo0.jpeg
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options
    Witnailer wrote: »

Well actually, I don't need to see that.
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    hsof777 wrote: »

You do understand that the stand of vapad is made to channel your opponents darkside energies through you and use that extra force energy to defeat the opponent. So going by the lore of said stance it's supposed to make the user stronger the longer the fight goes on verses a dark side user.
    This is what I was basing it off of.

You do understand that that's old EU stuff, right? It was never true canon and now that Disney bought SW it's not any level of canon. The whole "channeling the dark side" was something random authors came up with to explain his purple lightsaber, when in reality that color was just so Sam Jackson could find himself onscreen and because he liked Prince.

Also George Lucas said Jar Jar was the key to everything, so until Jar Jar is released as the first 7 zeta character who can solo the Sith Raid, what Lucas said is moot.
  • EAS
    89 posts Member
    Options
    GJO wrote: »
    ... you need only to make him useful.

Change him to attacker. Give him a damage equal to Yoda and more health and protection. And that's it. Only make him useful!

And... if it's not that difficult, change shatterpoint to a real shatterpoint where he make 25% of health damage regardless the other toon accepts or no low % health damage. But this is a bonus, don't need anyway. Just make him hit harder and survive and he can be used.

Not a big deal.

That should be the least thing they should do

Rework mace NOW he is a joke as he is now
  • Options
    We need Mace with “Bad Millenium Falcon” sign on his lightsaber!!
  • Options

Absolutely, it would be pixelated.
  • Options
    This party is over

3daaegizfxo0.jpeg

I have played that game. Despite its fails, swgoh is far better. I got bored of the other one in only 2 weeks.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options

And a mostly limbless smoking Anakin while we are at it.
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options
    Monel wrote: »

And a mostly limbless smoking Anakin while we are at it.

And a one quarter limbless Ponda Baba.
  • Options
    I genuinely can't think of a character that the masses have been vocal about getting a rework, than Mace. How myopic is this to not update his kit to make him semi-useful? He doesn't even need to be OP. Just worth using as a fifth in a Padme team, or second-tier Jedi for a JKR/Bastilla split or something.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    rey's at least an interesting character who actually does things in the movies
  • Ultra
    11509 posts Moderator
    Options
    I’d rather have new characters than reworking existing ones
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    I’d rather have new characters than reworking existing ones

k1buhpcjettm.jpeg
  • Options
    Couldn't this post have gone into one of the three other Mace Windu threads at the top of the General Discussion section of the forums? Did this really warrant another Mace thread?
  • Options

His next turn after that would be to give everyone a sincere apology for his inexcusable actions and remove himself from the game effective immediately.