LS Geo TB is insane!! [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    xriz wrote: »
    Why doesn't CG just shut down the TB, give everyone max rewards and go back to the drawing board or fix their screw up?
    Dream on...hahaha

• Options
    I took in my arena JKR team into the Zone 3 (Lower one) Jedi Mission

JKR 12.1
    GMY 13r5
    Bastila 11.2
    Jolee 11.2
    Old Ben 11.3

Managed to beat wave 1/4 loosing 2 then rezing, then loosing Old Ben again before finish.

Went into Wave 2/4 & remaining 4 jedi got steam rolled by the Droids there in a couple rounds.
  • Options
    Strubz wrote: »
    Granted we felt the same way about DS Geo TB. I still do when it comes to Phase 4 in DS and my relic 7 SE squad gets decimated in wave 4.

No we didn't. First run DS Geo TB many guilds (mine included, 210M at the time) got max stars in phase 1. We weren't all going 4/4, and it was challenging, but it was do-able. This is just a complete joke, and not fun.
  • Options
    I confess that I thought the limit of stupid ideas was blocking characters by voting on TW. One more limit has been broken.

Send some good equipment, some mk1 and mk2 coins, apologize and clean up this TB mess.

The urge to complain diminishes every day ... want to create new challenges for whales? Bring in people who think outside your box and your politically correct bubble.
  • Options
    I took in my arena JKR team into the Zone 3 (Lower one) Jedi Mission

JKR 12.1
    GMY 13r5
    Bastila 11.2
    Jolee 11.2
    Old Ben 11.3

Managed to beat wave 1/4 loosing 2 then rezing, then loosing Old Ben again before finish.

Went into Wave 2/4 & remaining 4 jedi got steam rolled by the Droids there in a couple rounds.

This is what I would expect from a team with 3 g11 characters. Fiery death in the second wave. Lots of r7 teams not even getting that far.
  • Options
    PS. Then tried the any LS mission with mixed Rebels group (G11's) & no one got a shot off after Han Shoots First.

But that was kind of expected after my best team only managed to do 1/4

At this point the guild looks like it wont get a single star completed.
  • Options
    Drim wrote: »
    We would have picked Hoth if we would have known that it’s in possible to participate..A bunch of us we’re looking forward to our at least 5700 GET1 for G$ shards..

Don't worry. CG doesn't care. This is why they didn't tell us how many stars certain guild levels were expected to get, like they did for DS. This, more than anything, proves CG doesn't care if they produce a good quality, enjoyable product, they just care about milking as much money as possible before they put the game into maintenance mode and never look back.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    iesu46u6kygn.jpeg
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    CG is using it's usual play book....

"Commence radio silence....as usual when thing are not well received." :D
    The Q&A is on Wednesday so the most they can keep quiet is 48 hours

"Unfortunately, we have to cancel the Q&A due to technical issues"
  • Options
    qsaf5ko6m957.jpeg

0/3/0 with these.
    • I’m annoyed I weakened Padme by putting a sub in or she would have 4/4 without major hassle.
    • Resistance? Finn died in 3 hits! I think he would need Holdo or Poe in their at high gear instead of C3PO
    • JKR? zBarriss instead of Ezra maybe.

Fleet was fairly ok at least but I can’t imagine doing it without Bistan and Cassian...
  • AleSahnDroh_1979
    950 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    1) Cancel this TB and let us start LS Hoth immediately.
    2) Cancel LS Geonosis for at least one year.
    3) Fire the Devs.
    4) Make new Devs remember that this is a game. A game should bring fun. If fun is over, if there are only rage and/or frustration, it’s not a game, or the game is over, dead.

P.S. I forgot this: why spending on this game? For this fun??
  • Options
    How pathetic to launch another event as a catastrophic failure without anybody official online to respond to it.

Do they even know the basics of software development? I'd be sacked if I released the level of untested trash CG does.

As a software developer I find this embarrassing.
  • Options
    Goes to show that Devs only care about whales. How can a gear 13 team not clear ONE wave!? Seriously? It’s amazing how Devs keep screwing things up...
  • Options
    Brockman08 wrote: »
    Goes to show that Devs only care about whales. How can a gear 13 team not clear ONE wave!? Seriously? It’s amazing how Devs keep screwing things up...

They don't even care about the whales. Even full r7 tip of the spear teams aren't doing more than 2 or 3 waves reliably.
  • Joegetta
    2 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb I have one question and you do not have to elaborate or explain anything. A simple yes or no will do. Could you please answer. Is this LSTB working as intended?
    Post edited by Joegetta on
  • Options
    The difficulty setting they have for this event is laughable. The idea the developers even thought about the scalability of LSTB’s difficultly is insane. Unplayable and a total waste of time. Why did CG waste so much time in delaying this when the event itself is a waste of time?
  • Options
    Pile wrote: »
    Y'all know they did this to sell more of those bundles in the store right???

100% truth
  • Options
    I would guess their lack of responses or even saying they are examining it means it's WAI. They just don't care about customer experience or trying to keep a healthy playerbase.
  • Options
    Smokelord wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Y'all know they did this to sell more of those bundles in the store right???

100% truth

Again. If full r7 squads can't reliably get 4/4 in a p1 mission, where's the incentive to buy packs to get your characters to r7?
  • Options
    Droideka > Malak.

Confirmed.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Joegetta wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb I have one question and you don't have to elaborate or explain anything. A simple yes or no will do. Could you please answer. Is this LSTB working as intended?

100%, yes this is WAI.
  • Options
    So I tried with three FULL RELIC teams (I ignored the special mission).

Shaak Ti with Clones 0/4
    My Relic 7 Fives was 1-shot by a Droideka

JKR, Bast, Jolee, GMY, Hoda 1/4
    Jolee wiped out in 10 sec.. GMY (Relic 5) 1-shot sniped by Geonosian Spy from stealth

Padme, Ani, Ashoka, GK, 3PO 1/4
    3PO was dead before my turn. Only Padme and Ani still standing when wave 2 started

And this is PHASE 1???

Did the Devs forget that LS is right-to-left??
    Because this REALLY feels like Phase 4 content
    All trees are felled at ground level ..
  • Options
    Perfectly reasonable to scale up the difficulty to more or less match DSTB or slightly harder, but this is stupid.

Not waiting around to pay big $$ for the "solution" toons and kit and gear / mods to make this doable.

Makes perfect sense that r7 toons can't complete the missions when you're planning to release more paywall garbage and push the power creep further, while simultaneously fleecing everyone who wants to actually play the game at the end game level.

3-4 years of investment in playing at a top level, and the last 6 months has been disheartening at least. Just when you think you're done needing to really spend, here's more 'forced' microtransactions coming if you want to play PvE content.. PvP has been that way for a while but the scale was significantly limited, and F2P players could be competitive if they didn't play 80% of the content and hoarded for every meta.

Disgusting, and I'm sorry, but did anyone without god mode APK or equivalent actually play this mode *and* win 4/4 across P1? I highly doubt it. I'd suspect anyone of clearing even with 5xr7 of being an APK hacker, since nobody I know with all of that around the top 5 guild range is able to get past 1-2 waves absolute best.

Dingo

• Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb I have one question and you don't have to elaborate or explain anything. A simple yes or no will do. Could you please answer. Is this LSTB working as intended?

100%, yes this is WAI.

Which likely mean there is a new power creep coming... Why am I not surprised? :#
  • Options

100%, yes this is WAI.

Ahahhahahahahahahhaha.
  • Options
    I dont believe for a second this is WAI, for one to do that you would need to test the game first to know what to expect.

Malakgate taught us that doesn't happen.
  • Options
    I am a former Officer in a Guild that moved to a much larger Guild for many reasons. LS Geo TB was one of those reasons. My newer Guild had a discussion about whither to do Hoth or LS Geo. LS Geo was chosen with the hope that the rewards would be with it. The general consensus in the Guild, after seeing the reality of LS Geo TB, was that this decision was a mistake. I see the same view expressed in various forums from many different Guilds. I am asking Dev, who state that they read the forums, for a second chance to choose a TB. My reasons for asking are the following.

1) Yes we we told that LS Geo would be the hardest TB yet. However, when our Guild attempted to do BASIC missions they were a failure. Most did not even get past the first wave. These are not new players but seasoned veterans with powerful teams. There is a difference between hard with challenges and cannot get past the first wave level of difficulty.

2) There was a serious lack of information about the TRUE level of difficulty of the TB. General power suggestions were greatly exaggerated. I understand working hard to get to a level of success. However, the LS Geo TB is the equivalent of my older brother using my hands to hit me and asking why are you hitting yourself? Blaming me for not knowing the true level of the TB that has not been honestly stated or played yet is just as frustrating. Frustration stops many people from either continuing at trying or makes them move on to other areas. This may result in people walking away from the game. BTW I’m not one to say the sky if falling. This is a great game that I love to play. I want the best for all those involved, including players and Devs. The truth is that continual frustration about a “fun game to play” more often than not leads to new games being played. This is usually at the expense of the older game.

3) The rewards lost for those of us trying to farm all those new toons. Those toons require Events AND tokens from ONE area of the store. This DOES NOT include the toons in the actual TB. For someone like me who came from a small Guild to a larger Guild this just adds to the frustration. Not anger. Frustration. I am further pushed back on farming toons due to LS Geo TB. Not to mention the random number of shards that drop in that ONE AREA of the store.

4) The fact that several recent Events have has some serious difficulties in being run adds to the frustration. Allowing a redo would drop that level of frustration. The Anniversary gifts are very nice and helped alleviate some of the frustration that had built up. The ability to re choose TB would also help alleviate some of the frustration that has built up
    for the players.

5) I appreciate the hard work that goes into a game like this for both player and Dev alike. Allowing Guilds to re choose does not take away form the time and effort invoked. In fact it does the opposite. Now Guilds will be much better prepared and players will be more content overall.

Do I think this will work? No one wins in the court of public opinion. It’s just a suggestion. People will do what they want. I just want to see this game, and the people who play it, to do well.

Thank you for your consideration.

• Options

100%, yes this is WAI.

= New paywall gear upgrade on the way.