It seems that I have a different attitude to the recent "problems" in the game than most

Prev1345
Does anyone remember when GG was reworked and everyone was really intrigued about his damage output being based on his Max Health so people Modded him to have as much Max Health as possible and weren't impressed with the results?
People were upset. They were spamming the forums and moaning that CG had misled them over his new power level. Then a few months later, we got Relics and the complaints went away.

Now coming forward a bit, people complained about the difficulty of the new DS Geo Territory Battle when it first came out and today are moaning about the difficulty of the newer LS Geo Territory Battle. But maybe it's just the same pattern?
CG have told us that these Territory Battles are supposed to be "End Game Content" and maybe their intention is not just to have it as "End Game Content" for a few months until players crack it and then go back to complaining there is nothing to do; maybe CG's intention is to have these new Territory Battles remain "End Game Content" for many months, maybe even a year?
If that's the case, they don't want us completing it perfectly right away. They want us struggling with it and every time a new update / character / new feature comes along, we collectively start doing a little better. And slowly we build up to complete this End Game Content rather than ace it right from the word go.

Maybe instead of saying "We can't do this NOW, it's therefore not WAI and is badly programmed", we instead should be saying "We can't do this YET, if it is WAI then what are we going to get to help us do it?"

Replies

• Options
    Stenun wrote: »
    Does anyone remember when GG was reworked and everyone was really intrigued about his damage output being based on his Max Health so people Modded him to have as much Max Health as possible and weren't impressed with the results?
    People were upset. They were spamming the forums and moaning that CG had misled them over his new power level. Then a few months later, we got Relics and the complaints went away.

Now coming forward a bit, people complained about the difficulty of the new DS Geo Territory Battle when it first came out and today are moaning about the difficulty of the newer LS Geo Territory Battle. But maybe it's just the same pattern?
    CG have told us that these Territory Battles are supposed to be "End Game Content" and maybe their intention is not just to have it as "End Game Content" for a few months until players crack it and then go back to complaining there is nothing to do; maybe CG's intention is to have these new Territory Battles remain "End Game Content" for many months, maybe even a year?
    If that's the case, they don't want us completing it perfectly right away. They want us struggling with it and every time a new update / character / new feature comes along, we collectively start doing a little better. And slowly we build up to complete this End Game Content rather than ace it right from the word go.

Maybe instead of saying "We can't do this NOW, it's therefore not WAI and is badly programmed", we instead should be saying "We can't do this YET, if it is WAI then what are we going to get to help us do it?"

Mod packs? 30 to 50€ for a random set of mods (4dot to 7dot) with 7dots have the drop probabillity equal to omegas on cantina nodes
  • Entus
    161 posts Member
    Options

Do you think that, just maybe, the fixes were implemented because of the complaining?
  • Options
    Naver666 wrote: »
    Mod packs? 30 to 50€ for a random set of mods (4dot to 7dot) with 7dots have the drop probabillity equal to omegas on cantina nodes

*shrugs* Maybe? Who knows?
    I'm not speculating as to the specifics of what the future content will be; just that it is already intended to be what we need for the new Territory Battles.
  • Options
    Entus wrote: »
    Do you think that, just maybe, the fixes were implemented because of the complaining?

I'm not talking about the obvious mistakes in the Territory Battle like "doing A does not unlock B even though it's supposed to", I'm talking about the difficulty of them. I'm saying it's quite possibly intentionally more difficult than we can handle right now because of what they have lined up for the future.
  • Options
    Releasing new content people can not play and is not fun is bad game design. We have worked on gearing up our lightside toons to be able to tackle this new content, instead we run into a brick wall. People who have paid hundreds of dollars on various content (GAS, relic mats, gear), now find that it was all for nothing. This destroys incentive to keep going, and most behavior is centered around incentives, and right now the game is designed to go against the grain. They are doing this wrong, and I think the number will bear that out and the outcry clearly shows you are wrong.
  • Options
    SwordsLFD wrote: »
    Releasing new content people can not play and is not fun is bad game design. We have worked on gearing up our lightside toons to be able to tackle this new content, instead we run into a brick wall. People who have paid hundreds of dollars on various content (GAS, relic mats, gear), now find that it was all for nothing. This destroys incentive to keep going, and most behavior is centered around incentives, and right now the game is designed to go against the grain. They are doing this wrong, and I think the number will bear that out and the outcry clearly shows you are wrong.

Maybe. I'm not saying this is the right way to run their game.
    What I am doing is pointing at the previous example of GG and saying look what happened there. They brought out a new kit for him with great fanfare and it was a dud until another new feature came along.
    It's quite possible they are doing the same again.

Now I'm not saying it's right, or even saying it's wrong, for them to do it like this. I'm just saying that given what they've done previously, it is quite easy to accept that they are doing it again and that therefore the difficulty of the new LS Geo Battle *is* WAI.
  • Xlor1
    107 posts Member
    Options
    Im with you op. Same outrage with haat and hstr when they came out. A few weeks later and people were soloing/finishing them. Already seeing more success stories in phase 2. Shock horror. I like that its tough and the outrage is massively over the top.
  • Options
    Why you people can't understand one simple thing. The content SHOULD be hard. No one is arguing about that. But it shouldn't be THAT HARD ON PHASE 1 for god sake. Do you realize that it's not fun NOW? Who the hell cares if it will be fun 10 months from now. We wanted content, we wanted something new to do now, not tomorrow. I was super hyped about LSTB, I knew it would be harder than DSTB. However look at that mess...

Check freaking average power needed to complete this tb. https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/e5ealp/each_tb_should_get_a_little_more_difficult_this/ Tell me this is reasonable.

Check this **** answer https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Geo-LS-TB-operating-in-wrong-direction/m-p/8496260#M33820. A "couple of players" from few freaking thousands who are staying in the top guilds managed to do 4\4 on phase one. Phase one... Couple... Oh, what an achievement... Brilliant game dev example.

It's not about power creep, it's not about content. You shouldn't just create impossible content to release some $$$ pack to help you fix it later. The content should be harder, there should be a challenge, but this is beyond any reasonable explanation (well except to be able to make more money on 7* mods or level cap or something)

Your logic is kinda solid in a way, but yet again, we're talking about phase one. ATM 200M guilds can aswell return to LSTB on Hoth and get MORE PROFIT from it... Do you realize that? You can receive GET2 from there and MUCH more GET1.

It is ridiculous
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Correction about GG&co: there was a second batch of changes which catapulted the team to decency. And g13 dialed it up to become very good.
  • Options
    People are mad because their squads that they spent thousands on and are at R7 can't make it 4/4 in PHASE 1. OP is wrong. Community has the right to be mad. CG is too busy selling a hyperdrive bundle to new players instead of commenting in LSTB. Now p2 is bugged, unlocking the wrong zones. Stop defending them. They don't care about you either. They already checked your purchase history and if it doesn't exceed 100,000 they dont care
  • Entus
    161 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Xlor1 wrote: »
    Im with you op. Same outrage with haat and hstr when they came out. A few weeks later and people were soloing/finishing them. Already seeing more success stories in phase 2. Shock horror. I like that its tough and the outrage is massively over the top.

Not quite. Even sith raid, as a guild, most were able to clear it.

Also during HAAT and Sith, the game was fun. There hasnt been any content in months and the first content we do get is a kick in the face. Lots of players leaving now and im on the fence. Its screw up after screw up and everyone is sick of it.

This game actually sucks. Its just not fun and is a huge money drain. Ill be calling to get a refund, personally.
  • Options
    UtherTG wrote: »
    Why you people can't understand one simple thing. The content SHOULD be hard. No one is arguing about that. But it shouldn't be THAT HARD ON PHASE 1 for god sake. Do you realize that it's not fun NOW? Who the hell cares if it will be fun 10 months from now. We wanted content, we wanted something new to do now, not tomorrow. I was super hyped about LSTB, I knew it would be harder than DSTB. However look at that mess...

Check freaking average power needed to complete this tb. https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/e5ealp/each_tb_should_get_a_little_more_difficult_this/ Tell me this is reasonable.

Check this **** answer https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Geo-LS-TB-operating-in-wrong-direction/m-p/8496260#M33820. A "couple of players" from few freaking thousands who are staying in the top guilds managed to do 4\4 on phase one. Phase one... Couple... Oh, what an achievement... Brilliant game dev example.

It's not about power creep, it's not about content. You shouldn't just create impossible content to release some $$$ pack to help you fix it later. The content should be harder, there should be a challenge, but this is beyond any reasonable explanation (well except to be able to make more money on 7* mods or level cap or something)

Your logic is kinda solid in a way, but yet again, we're talking about phase one. ATM 200M guilds can aswell return to LSTB on Hoth and get MORE PROFIT from it... Do you realize that? You can receive GET2 from there and MUCH more GET1.

It is ridiculous

But as I have previously said in this thread; I'm not saying this is good way to do it. Just that patterns from the past indicate that this is what is probably happening.
    And if they didn't do it like this, then they'd have to bring out new "End Game Content" every time player power crept up a bit.

"Relic Powers are out? Right, we need new End Game Content. ... A whole roster of new characters based on the new trilogy are out? Right, we need new End Game Content. ... I've got an idea for a new feature for the players but I don't want to suggest it because it will require us having to program more new End Game Content."

Maybe they think they're current approach is better in the long term?
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    Correction about GG&co: there was a second batch of changes which catapulted the team to decency. And g13 dialed it up to become very good.

Fair enough, thanks for the correction.
    And indeed, it backs up my logic even more by showing that GG's rework was done with two new upcoming features taken into account. Maybe the difficulty of the new Territory Battles is the same.
  • Options
    Yes there is a lot of whining about difficulty. I agree with you backing them there. My issue with CG in this is the improper communication of difficulty. This shouldn’t have been released as required 100 million gp and 150 million gp recommendation. It should have also been expressed that even top notch squads will have it rough in phase 1. This is working as intended and they purposely mislead us. Check difference between max stars in Hoth and 7 stars in LS Geo.
  • Options
    OP is wrong. Our 250M+ guild is mad because at the moment it makes no sense for us to do LS Geo TB and we have to go back to Hoth to get better rewards.

There is literally nothing in the game right now that can change that. We have to see some serious power creep before LS Geo starts making sense.
  • Options
    Xhowrude wrote: »
    People are mad because their squads that they spent thousands on and are at R7 can't make it 4/4 in PHASE 1. OP is wrong. Community has the right to be mad. CG is too busy selling a hyperdrive bundle to new players instead of commenting in LSTB. Now p2 is bugged, unlocking the wrong zones. Stop defending them. They don't care about you either. They already checked your purchase history and if it doesn't exceed 100,000 they dont care

As I've said before, I'm not saying this is the right way for CG to be doing this. And I'm also not commenting on the bugs; just the difficulty.
  • Options
    I agree that they're wanting this content to last a long time. However, who in their right mind is going to be excited to do this content over and over for the next year plus?

Even though my roster has improved quite a bit for the dstb and I've seen personal progress I'm honestly sick of doing it. I cannot begin to imagine having to do this tb for the next year plus.

Just my opinion however, some people might enjoy playing the same thing over and over again
  • Options
    RawdSW wrote: »
    OP is wrong. Our 250M+ guild is mad because at the moment it makes no sense for us to do LS Geo TB and we have to go back to Hoth to get better rewards.

There is literally nothing in the game right now that can change that. We have to see some serious power creep before LS Geo starts making sense.

How am I wrong when my whole point is the same as your last sentence? I'm saying we ARE going to see serious power creep over the next few months and that the LS Geo Battle is purposefully hard now so that it can stand up to the new power levels we'll soon be at.

As I said in the OP, if you stop looking at it like "I can't do this NOW therefore it's broken" but instead look at it as "I can't do this YET therefore we're going to be getting new things soon to help us", suddenly it makes a lot more sense.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    On the op: while I agree with your overall perspective, this took place right after 2 new levels of elevation is introduced. These 2 layers haven't been much exploited yet and majority of the playerbase merely has a few of them. Imagine the total amount g13/relicing we need to do, things for arena, tb specific, event specific, new raid will have need more of it.

I'm also almost sure cg is aiming to make ls geo doable with other not yet known levels of upgrades which is what makes the situation so much worse. Not enough breathing room in between these things is wearing everyone out including the upper most spenders.
  • Options
    Dokilar wrote: »
    I agree that they're wanting this content to last a long time. However, who in their right mind is going to be excited to do this content over and over for the next year plus?

Even though my roster has improved quite a bit for the dstb and I've seen personal progress I'm honestly sick of doing it. I cannot begin to imagine having to do this tb for the next year plus.

Just my opinion however, some people might enjoy playing the same thing over and over again

Maybe they're thinking that with each new feature, the additional stars you'll earn in the LS Geo TB will keep you interested enough to hang around for the next feature to see how any stars you'll earn then?
  • UtherTG
    25 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    But as I have previously said in this thread; I'm not saying this is good way to do it. Just that patterns from the past indicate that this is what is probably happening.
    And if they didn't do it like this, then they'd have to bring out new "End Game Content" every time player power crept up a bit.

"Relic Powers are out? Right, we need new End Game Content. ... A whole roster of new characters based on the new trilogy are out? Right, we need new End Game Content. ... I've got an idea for a new feature for the players but I don't want to suggest it because it will require us having to program more new End Game Content."

Maybe they think they're current approach is better in the long term?

Oh, I'm pretty sure they think that. But is it though? With so many competitors? With their resources, they can release full-sized TB(both ls and ds) in 6-9 months and the hardest part will be creating encounters and stuff (in terms of the game design). Not enough devs? Hire more. The game is profitable for now, they can expand. I can't imagine how big should be tech debt to not be able to do that. I don't understand why timers are still not fixed. However, with so many millions they can't even hire a decent QA person. If there is one, he \ she is so bad at this job I can't even express it... We would fire our QA staff for so many missed bugs.

I understand that game mode should live as long as possible. But they tuned it too much into the future. We just got relics. Not so long ago. We barely managed to do some decent teams with these relics(not even 7). Now they will release something that will allow us to go further, yeah it is true, but we're not done with current power creep yet.

They promised that it would be easier to g13 toon. They kinda added g12 items to farm, but it's not fast is it. You can't convert your roster into g13 fast enough. Not to mention that it's not easier at all to gear your toons to g12.

• Options
    The problem is not that the content is super HARD if they want it to be end game for months. The PROBLEM is that it gives the exact same rewards than DS geo TB for an insane amount of difficulty.

This is not even bad game design, there is no game design at ALL. Never ever in any game you will see a challenge more difficult giving the EXACT same rewards than an easier one. This is true logic and basic knowledge of game design.

To correct just give the rewards of, I dont know, 20* in DS for 8* in LS something like that. Problem solved
  • Options
    On the op: while I agree with your overall perspective, this took place right after 2 new levels of elevation is introduced. These 2 layers haven't been much exploited yet and majority of the playerbase merely has a few of them. Imagine the total amount g13/relicing we need to do, things for arena, tb specific, event specific, new raid will have need more of it.

I'm also almost sure cg is aiming to make ls geo doable with other not yet known levels of upgrades which is what makes the situation so much worse. Not enough breathing room in between these things is wearing everyone out including the upper most spenders.

As I have now said several times; I'm not saying that this is the right way for them to be handling things.
    All I'm saying is that if everyone stopped for a moment and maybe considered things based on what's happened before and that this is ""End Game Content" and who wants "End Game Content" that only lasts a few weeks ... then things can be looked at differently and maybe CG's (flawed) approach might become clear.
    Instead of "We can't do this, it's therefore wrong" maybe try "We can't do this, what are we missing?"
  • Options
    As we said ... difficulty isn’t the issue as much as REWARDS for the greatly increased difficulty that has the majority mad.
  • Options

As I have now said several times; I'm not saying that this is the right way for them to be handling things.
    All I'm saying is that if everyone stopped for a moment and maybe considered things based on what's happened before and that this is ""End Game Content" and who wants "End Game Content" that only lasts a few weeks ... then things can be looked at differently and maybe CG's (flawed) approach might become clear.
    Instead of "We can't do this, it's therefore wrong" maybe try "We can't do this, what are we missing?"

We miss communication on this topic! maybe a hint of what will come to boost us towards the new endgame. They shouldn't just close eyes, ears and mouth and hope we will go away and leave our wallets there
  • Options
    Naver666 wrote: »
    We miss communication on this topic! maybe a hint of what will come to boost us towards the new endgame. They shouldn't just close eyes, ears and mouth and hope we will go away and leave our wallets there

No, they shouldn't.
    But I do remember that that is precisely what they did do in the days of the GG kerfuffle. They basically ignored it until G13 and Relics came out and then said "See?"
  • Options
    Currently R7 teams get trashed in P1.
    For DS Geo, there is serious increase in difficulty from P1 to P4.

This indicates we need R10 or something to do P1 of LS and maybe R15 for P4 (or mods, levels, whatever).
    New toons with more power will have limited effect, as a lot of areas are locked for specific toons and it has been announced that focus on Clone Wars is over.

This is what worries me, mad investment is needed to even participate in this new content, even more investment is needed to succeed at a reasonable level.

Regardless of future plans, it seems like terrible design to release something now that can only be played in future and it is disheartening to think that we need to invest maybe 6-12 months to even be viable with LS TB.
    Remember there will be other new releases as well, but I for one will be stuck upgrading Geo DS toons for a little longer and then for half a year at least to catch up to LS Geo.

Seems dumb to me.

Tune back power or cancel LS TB until new power creep is released.
  • Options
    Thats exactly the thing. They told us, hey...RELICS...the new endgame! Not that long ago and most people aren't there yet. Obviously relics weren't end game enough