Return of GAS

Replies

• Options
    It makes sense actually for them to bring back GAS this soon. Purely speculatively of course, they could be doing this to give an edge to the people who whale kraken out on either or both of the new Galactic Legend characters (holiday cheer=revenue), so that there is a new meta shift again putting pressure on those wanting to stay up top of arena.

On the other hand, it could also be purely because the new LS Geo TB requires him for the special mission, and in that sense, it should allow people to maybe finally eventually (sooner) have a solid team to 4/4 at least one of the combat missions should they get GAS and company all the way up in gear. Only the future will tell for sure...
  • Options
    Wait, how do we know swgohevents is 100% reliable source for those dates?
  • Options
    My guess was Christmas day so I'm not far off, yay
  • Options
    Anyone remember the shard bundles that came with his event? Shaak ti or ETA?
  • Options
    Wait, how do we know swgohevents is 100% reliable source for those dates?

It can be off, but official announcements are usually bang on: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/221219/content-update-12-18-2019
  • Options
    if CG is that stupid to think this is a good idea, at least allow everyone to redo the event again, and earn shards again. That way anyone that has actually spent money on this, can actually fully unlock and 7* him.

It is the least you can do.
  • Options
    Honestly ridiculous decision when people spent to get the character that is like a raid boss, only for him to be actually useless and people could unlock him second time around and 7* him before you is ridiculous.

If they don’t give some make good to people who unlocked him first time around for this joke, I maybe done tbh.

Slap in the face to 80% of players that did their utmost and even spent to unlock him!
  • Options
    As someone who doesn't have GAS unlocked and can probably unlock him this time around, even I think it's too early for him to return. This just isn't respecting players' investments in the game, and really worries me about future player support of it.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    Somehow I felt it was coming when made a decision to quit after current TB (Hoth btw, as LS Geo is unplayable). Good luck everyone, may the force be with you
  • Options
    This CG_apologist is returning his badge. I can not believe they’re re-running that event so soon.

All those of us who unlocked him but hadn’t hoarded GET look like proper fools now.

There is one positive - as soon as I read that part of the announcement, it saved me the bother of reading about all the Festive packs they’re hawking.

Think of it as another "gift" besides the packs that you can spend money on. :smile:
  • Options
    It is very soon and I know I won't be ready unless I spend some money. So I will wait until the third go around, he'll still be good and I'll have what I need to get him. Plus along the way there may be someone or someones to supplant him and maybe I can obtain them more quickly.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    All I hear is whine from people who don't think anyone else should get him because you spent $ to get him first. Well you've had him for 2+ months now. I don't care if others unlock him too. MOST people have him at 5 or 6* with zetas, and f2p I'm pretty sure is still far off from the req's. Outside of that, if someone else wants to spend or has spent to unlock, go for it. Not going to affect my gameplay, or yours.

Sounds like a bunch of children in here...
  • HokieFiend
    445 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Starl0rd wrote: »
    All I hear is whine from people who don't think anyone else should get him because you spent $ to get him first. Well you've had him for 2+ months now. I don't care if others unlock him too. MOST people have him at 5 or 6* with zetas, and f2p I'm pretty sure is still far off from the req's. Outside of that, if someone else wants to spend or has spent to unlock, go for it. Not going to affect my gameplay, or yours.

People put money in this game to gain an advantage. They were ripped off with GAS and have a right to be mad and go after remediation in whatever way they see fit on this.

I wouldn't be surprised if quicker second releases is the norm going forward. With a drastically thinner player base, they are going to have to do this to make more money... unfortunately the herd likely gets much thinner as alienation continues.

• Options
    HokieFiend wrote: »

People put money in this game to gain an advantage. They were ripped off with GAS and have a right to be mad and go after remediation in whatever way they see fit on this.

...and they've had the advantage for 2 months or so. The real crapstorm should have been about the 5* unlock, not this crap. I didn't see anything when I spent my $ that promised no other GS event for 4-6 months,did you?
  • Options

...and they've had the advantage for 2 months or so. The real crapstorm should have been about the 5* unlock, not this crap. I didn't see anything when I spent my $ that promised no other GS event for 4-6 months,did you?

Nope... only the established norms and incentives.

• Options

Nope... only the established norms and incentives.

...in other words, assumptions. There's many things that has happened in this game that has changed the established norms,including GS. In 2 1/2 months, I've spent about 30k GET1...I doubt we're going to see some influx of 7* GS's...will be some I'm sure, but nothing to warrant a firestorm. When his event drops, it will not affect anyone's gameplay or advantage. Hoarders will hoard, spenders will spend...even if the event dropped in 2 more months, most people will just be 7*'ing him...and the new players will have saved that have been prepping. I still cannot see enough here to whine about personally.
  • Debuff
    224 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    fm1a97mhf0h4.png
    I need 35 shards for the eta. Paid for 4th refresh today. Hoping i can get the rest of the shards by then.
  • Options
    Hmm, And here I thought bringing him back was a holiday present for the players.

Good to know that isn't seen that way.
  • Options
    So let me get this straight. People are upset because it came earlier than expected. Why? Having it come now means there will be LESS ftp players getting him. And less getting him to 7 stars, than if he came back when everyone expected. If he came back in February then there would be more ftp players ready for the event and they would have more GET saved up. This whole problem was caused by their stupid decision to once again release a meta character at 5 stars. But moving the date doesn’t hurt ptp players, it helps them minimally.
  • Options
    I have been preparing since last event and I probably won't get him. Stuck behind hard node farms. Even with max refreshes. Between the high gear soft reqs and the number of relic characters needed f2p are not getting him this time and maybe not next time. I think the p2p will be fine.n
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    I have been preparing since last event and I probably won't get him. Stuck behind hard node farms. Even with max refreshes. Between the high gear soft reqs and the number of relic characters needed f2p are not getting him this time and maybe not next time. I think the p2p will be fine.n

People throw around the term f2p so loosely. F2p got him the first time. I'm sure a decent chunk of those existing 7☆ ones are f2p.
  • Options
    in the past, i used to spend a little bit of money on the game (10-20 bucks) on special days (Christmas, my birthday etc.), but i have to say, what CG did in the last 10 months, did only enforce my decision i took over a year ago, to not spend any more money on this game.
    It's just nonsense spending on it, CG doesn't get anything right lately, it seems they have a taskforce which is concentrating on getting rid of players, i can't explain otherwise this behaviour.
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • Options
    I think after this stunt people investing money on the new meta will significantly decline. A very bad move was made by releasing gas so soon and I think CG will pay for it in their wallets going forward. I for one won't be spending anymore knowing that you're not getting anything in return and your investment means nothing.
  • Options
    Dolphins and whales, please spend more on this event and also whatever Xmas packs they offered. They are making a last ditch to meet their KPI so they can keep their job. We need you to continue pay stupidly so 95% of us can play this game for free!
  • Options
    i workin on my new crew and i think i cannot unlock gas, padme and 3 droids are g11 :( after the event gas will be available all time at the journey guide???
  • Krjstoff
    634 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I've never been more happy missing out on a legendary toon the first time around.

Best thing is, I have yet to face a GAS-team which I can't beat reliably with my CLS-team.
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    Options
    Daker wrote: »
    This is complete ****. I was one of the ones that unlocked a barely usable 5* GS the last time. I havent been able to 7* him because I am locked behind the GET currency wall and the fact that LS Geo TB is broken hard and wont give me the currency I need to finish. And NOW, a bunch of FTP guys that didnt work to get GS the last time and have been running the old territory battles are going to get 7* GS before I can because they have plenty of notice and have been able to hoard GET for it? This is a HUGE slap in the face to everyone that whaled out and worked to get GS thr first time around.

IMO, they should give everyone that got GS the first time bonus shards for completing the event again this time. Not full shards, but 50 to 75 total for the second time so we can 7* GS after this event. It is only fair.

Not fair to those who spent GET 1 to 7* him. It’s just a slap in the face to whales. Point.

Happy holidays whales!! Whale less please, the devs would really like to close this game!
  • Options

The 5* unlock was a huge point of contention. The problem is CG are set in their ways and refuse to acknowledge it as a problem.
  • GJO
    172 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    cucys76lznbh.png

Returning him so quick is unfair to the 80% of the players that weren't able to enjoy the advantage of getting him early.

A lot of people in my guild are angry and they have every right to be

They're poor decision making and doesn't know how to create a proper strategy.

Don't blame CG, blame their own incompetence in creating a good strategy to develop their roster.

Brains beats wallets. I'll get him 7* until the end of year without any effort because.

Stop whining and improve your strategy, stop blaming other for your failures

Edit: typo
  • Options
    Debuff wrote: »
    fm1a97mhf0h4.png
    I need 35 shards for the eta. Paid for 4th refresh today. Hoping i can get the rest of the shards by then.

And why refresh that much when there are 10 days left to farm? Math is hard I guess...
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg