Return of GAS

Replies

• Options
    Star Forge Showdown takes just over four months to come back? We get a month and a half of, "Where's Malak?"

Clash on Kamino takes takes two and a half months to come back? We get outcry that him coming back so soon is a slap in the face.

Just can't win.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Can’t believe I spent to get him the first time and now this. I’m never spending on this game ever again because of this! This was the final straw.
  • Options
    MajorP wrote: »
    I’m never spending on this game ever again because of this! This was the final straw.

If I had a nickel in my Google account for every comment like this, I could buy some a dem holiday packs.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    GAS coming back this quickly is very demoralizing to me. Why should I ever push to get a toon the first time around again? GAS has been absolutely useless for me at zzzz6* G11. I'm still 50 shards from 7*, and him becoming viable in the game. And now there will be an influx of players who will have him at 7* before people like me, who unlocked him the first time around but didn't hoard GET1 because we were under the impression that after Malak that was a gear currency.

Add in the Hux debacle (not one, but two major mistakes with a brand new toon?), and the upcoming RHFinn one (we all know it should say Resistance allies and not just allies) and faith in CG is about as low as ever.

CG is completely changing the game for people like me. I understand why they are bringing him back "early" like this (ahem, $$$), but this is deplorable. I haven't spent in a while, and this is the first year I'm not buying ANYTHING for myself at Christmas time.

Good job, CG. Never change.
  • Options
    GJO wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    cucys76lznbh.png

Returning him so quick is unfair to the 80% of the players that weren't able to enjoy the advantage of getting him early.

A lot of people in my guild are angry and they have every right to be

They're poor decision making and doesn't know how to create a proper strategy.

Don't blame CG, blame their own incompetence in creating a good strategy to develop their roster.

Brains beats wallets. I'll get him 7* until the end of year without any effort because.

Stop whining and improve your strategy, stop blaming other for your failures

Edit: typo

What a silly comment strategy to use GAS yeah because everyone should have been a boring hoarder possibly the most pointless comment, they should blame CG since they created a character that is useless at 5 or 6* and called it a epic confrontation.

Makes a lot of sense having great gear in that store that you can never farm as you have to hoard it!
  • Options
    Jouh wrote: »
    Dolphins and whales, please spend more on this event and also whatever Xmas packs they offered. They are making a last ditch to meet their KPI so they can keep their job. We need you to continue pay stupidly so 95% of us can play this game for free!

The sad part is unlike most of the hoarder comments this one gets it. You would have NO game to hoard in if not for the small community that spends and pays the devs salaries. This past year they have completely flipped this game over and changed almost all precedence with releasing characters and now there really is NO point to ever spend again because it doesn't even buy you an advance in game for a few months which was the whole reason for spending. Death by a 1000 cuts seems to be CGs motto lately.
  • Options
    I hope to finish P2 with my Toons, but no chance for P4
  • Options
    Starl0rd wrote: »
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    All I hear is whine from people who don't think anyone else should get him because you spent $ to get him first. Well you've had him for 2+ months now. I don't care if others unlock him too. MOST people have him at 5 or 6* with zetas, and f2p I'm pretty sure is still far off from the req's. Outside of that, if someone else wants to spend or has spent to unlock, go for it. Not going to affect my gameplay, or yours.

Sounds like a bunch of children in here...

People put money in this game to gain an advantage. They were ripped off with GAS and have a right to be mad and go after remediation in whatever way they see fit on this.

...and they've had the advantage for 2 months or so. The real crapstorm should have been about the 5* unlock, not this crap. I didn't see anything when I spent my $ that promised no other GS event for 4-6 months,did you?

Nope... only the established norms and incentives.

...in other words, assumptions. There's many things that has happened in this game that has changed the established norms,including GS. In 2 1/2 months, I've spent about 30k GET1...I doubt we're going to see some influx of 7* GS's...will be some I'm sure, but nothing to warrant a firestorm. When his event drops, it will not affect anyone's gameplay or advantage. Hoarders will hoard, spenders will spend...even if the event dropped in 2 more months, most people will just be 7*'ing him...and the new players will have saved that have been prepping. I still cannot see enough here to whine about personally.

Anyone who spent him on him has a right to be mad and I would not blame them one bit for seeking remediation in whatever manner they see fit.. Beating this type of event for a character like this, they expect an advantage (of which there was none no matter how it gets spun). They need to be clear on the cadence for characters like this if they don't stick to established norms; otherwise, it becomes straight up gambling.

• Options
    I spent trying to get him first time but due to minimum reqs and actual required to best the event reqs were so different I only managed to get to P4. I wasnt willing to spend another couple vaults to finish the unlock once we realized how mediocre he is until R7. Figured by his return I'd have the GET to 7*. Got ready and hopefully can beat P4... should have enough to 6* right away and 7* soonish. I'm happy for the early return but I fully expect (tinfoil hat time) that they're doing this to drain wallets and gear hordes before dropping the galactic legendaries which will be even more expensive and a new meta that will stand on par or above GAS.

I'll likely unlock GAS and gear him most of the way, and wait to see what's coming from the movie before I drop the horde
  • Options
    Can’t believe I spent to get him the first time and now this. I’m never spending on this game ever again because of this! This was the final straw.

Sure you’re done spending.....until the next major toon comes around 😂
  • Options
    yes every whales, please stop spending hundreds (thousands) of dollars for just a digital toon. This is the only way to force CG to go back to normal micro transactions politics. We need this game to be more healthy.

You are responsible of the total nonsense that happen on this game. So control your addiction, and spend your money for a realistic trade (Come on, hundreds of dollar for a toon ??? Really ?)
  • Options
    Snake2 wrote: »
    I have been preparing since last event and I probably won't get him. Stuck behind hard node farms. Even with max refreshes. Between the high gear soft reqs and the number of relic characters needed f2p are not getting him this time and maybe not next time. I think the p2p will be fine.n

People throw around the term f2p so loosely. F2p got him the first time. I'm sure a decent chunk of those existing 7☆ ones are f2p.

No.
  • Options
    another nice ****.

how the hell can we play this game?
    cant use get1 and get2. need shitloads of gear to gr13, fixing the bottleck in gears with other bottlenecks gear. All great for selling packs im sure...

- malak event issues
    - hux nerf
    - LSGEOTB ****
    - game freezes
    - no new raid
    - etc etc

• Options
    I always chuckle at people who say "This is the final straw, I'm not spending again." I know you will spend again, YOU know you will spend again. Who are you kidding?
  • Options
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    yes every whales, please stop spending hundreds (thousands) of dollars for just a digital toon. This is the only way to force CG to go back to normal micro transactions politics. We need this game to be more healthy.

You are responsible of the total nonsense that happen on this game. So control your addiction, and spend your money for a realistic trade (Come on, hundreds of dollar for a toon ??? Really ?)

And the company goes under and there is no game. Great solution mate. How about they stick to what they started regarding cadence to start off and focus on fixing the many issues in game instead of trying to **** off the ones that pay their salaries
  • Options
    All I hear is whine from people who don't think anyone else should get him because you spent $ to get him first. Well you've had him for 2+ months now. I don't care if others unlock him too. MOST people have him at 5 or 6* with zetas, and f2p I'm pretty sure is still far off from the req's. Outside of that, if someone else wants to spend or has spent to unlock, go for it. Not going to affect my gameplay, or yours.

Sounds like a bunch of children in here...

People put money in this game to gain an advantage. They were ripped off with GAS and have a right to be mad and go after remediation in whatever way they see fit on this.

...and they've had the advantage for 2 months or so. The real crapstorm should have been about the 5* unlock, not this crap. I didn't see anything when I spent my $ that promised no other GS event for 4-6 months,did you?

Nope... only the established norms and incentives.

...in other words, assumptions. There's many things that has happened in this game that has changed the established norms,including GS. In 2 1/2 months, I've spent about 30k GET1...I doubt we're going to see some influx of 7* GS's...will be some I'm sure, but nothing to warrant a firestorm. When his event drops, it will not affect anyone's gameplay or advantage. Hoarders will hoard, spenders will spend...even if the event dropped in 2 more months, most people will just be 7*'ing him...and the new players will have saved that have been prepping. I still cannot see enough here to whine about personally.

Anyone who spent him on him has a right to be mad and I would not blame them one bit for seeking remediation in whatever manner they see fit.. Beating this type of event for a character like this, they expect an advantage (of which there was none no matter how it gets spun). They need to be clear on the cadence for characters like this if they don't stick to established norms; otherwise, it becomes straight up gambling.

...no offense intended, but you're bringing the same argument to the table hoping for different results. You're definitely entitled to believe as you wish and to support whatever side of the debate you wish to stand on. There was no breaking of a promise. In the last 2 years, there hasn't been a cadence for characters like this or events like this. I don't want to waste time citing all the breaking of the norms, I'm sure you can figure it out.

I understand the reasoning, I just don't agree with it.
  • Options
    I'm furious. I'm 60 shards away from 7* and been putting all my GET1 towards him for ages. Now people who got him the second time round will be able to 7* him before me.

Basically says don't bother spending money or using resources. Hoard like hell, wait for an event, see what you need and then you'll get the character before others who pushed out the boat to get it first time around. Why would anyone whale now?
  • Options
    I’m excited he’s back as I’ll get him this time around. But **** did they screw over those who spent on him the first time.

Between this, LS Geo TB, Hux, and countless other issues CG is a mess right now. And it’s affecting players.

Our 220 million guild lost 2 players last week and we are losing 9 (yes nine) at the end of this TB.
  • Options
    Mirkraag wrote: »

And the company goes under and there is no game. Great solution mate. How about they stick to what they started regarding cadence to start off and focus on fixing the many issues in game instead of trying to **** off the ones that pay their salaries

I am sorry but no

Please read some papers on economics and you will see that a lot of games with minor microtransactions can do very very well. Just think on what you said, do you really think that whales are the saviors ? I think they are the cause of this madness. Do you really know a lot of games that practice such insane prices ? I dont think so.

Just no, stop spreading false judgment.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I’m never spending on this game ever again because of this! This was the final straw.

If I had a nickel in my Google account for every comment like this, I could buy some a dem holiday packs.

This is too true.
  • Options
    They’re out their god **** mind if they think I’d spend a penny on those characters after how they shafted p2p with GA$. No chance I’ll ever spend again seeing as f2p will get a useable GA$ the same time as those of us who spend 3-400 to unlock.
    It makes sense actually for them to bring back GAS this soon. Purely speculatively of course, they could be doing this to give an edge to the people who whale kraken out on either or both of the new Galactic Legend characters (holiday cheer=revenue), so that there is a new meta shift again putting pressure on those wanting to stay up top of arena.

On the other hand, it could also be purely because the new LS Geo TB requires him for the special mission, and in that sense, it should allow people to maybe finally eventually (sooner) have a solid team to 4/4 at least one of the combat missions should they get GAS and company all the way up in gear. Only the future will tell for sure...

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Rhod101 wrote: »
    I'm furious. I'm 60 shards away from 7* and been putting all my GET1 towards him for ages. Now people who got him the second time round will be able to 7* him before me.

Basically says don't bother spending money or using resources. Hoard like hell, wait for an event, see what you need and then you'll get the character before others who pushed out the boat to get it first time around. Why would anyone whale now?

why would someone who unlocks him next week be able to 7* him before you?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Options
    It's the holiday season. All those salty 7* werent paying attention to last year. We get literally almost all the events. Seems like a no brainer return.
  • Options
    I wonder if one unintended consequence of the Relic system is that a lot of people won't be willing to spend to rush to unlock characters.

When G11, and then G12 were the gear maximums, lower gear legendary and journey characters were still viable for that period of time where you were gearing them up. Thrawn / R2 / CLS / JTR / 3PO / Chewy / JKR / Malak - all of them.

With the Relic system in place, non-Relic characters have a hard time being competitive, especially since most competitive teams require multiple (or all) Relic'd toons at various levels. Given the time frame is so long to bring a character from G10 to R(pick a level), it's hard to justify spend on an unlock unless you're also going to be able to afford to gear them (either because you've been saving or because you're throwing additional dollars after it).