Replies

• Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    @Ravens1113 have you played the event?
    TVF I have seen countless playthroughs by multiple people and it’s all the same. One does not have to play through it to understand that it’s a poorly designed event, artistically and interactively. Nor is the Rock Paper Scissors aspect original or even remotely fun. The intense difficulty of certain tiers demanding multiple replays when tickets are scarce and capped is not what they promised either. I sincerely hope you’re not trying to defend this event.

I'm not defending something I haven't played.

But are questioning the universal consensus that this event is awful. Those that have played it have shared their experiences with it and they’re almost all the same. You don’t have to play through it to see that this event was poorly designed all around. The only redeeming quality I can see is the background art in tier 3 and Tier 4-5-6. That’s the only pat on the back the art department can truly hang their caps on.

idk, I usually reserve judgement on an event until playing it.

See I don’t understand that view. When you have several videos of play-through of the event on both sides (Rey and SLKylo) showing half hearted battles, boring mechanics (woo Rock Paper Scissors!) and the final event T6 for SLKylo showing a huge power difference resulting in losses when it was promised to be scaled back, I don’t see why you need to play to see the writing on the wall. Now through multiple threads CG’s idea of Great Rewards equates to the same disconnect in regards to scaling difficulty back, but if you have a tier that needs to be completed 10 times for an ability to be unlocked, and show that the success rate is 40% from the videos shared....and each attempt costs 70 tickets...you see where this math is going.

See, i don't just blindly trust the youtubers. I want to play something for myself to gauge its quality, difficulty, and engagement.

So several videos showing exactly what an event is and entails isn’t enough to explain the event? You can tell the quality from the gameplay videos. You can also tell the engagement from them as well. Difficulty is shown in how R7 characters are annihilated in the final tier of the SLKylo path because of the power gap between the GL’s. So what more is left to learn from playing?
  • Options
    @Ravens1113 have you played the event?
    TVF I have seen countless playthroughs by multiple people and it’s all the same. One does not have to play through it to understand that it’s a poorly designed event, artistically and interactively. Nor is the Rock Paper Scissors aspect original or even remotely fun. The intense difficulty of certain tiers demanding multiple replays when tickets are scarce and capped is not what they promised either. I sincerely hope you’re not trying to defend this event.

I'm not defending something I haven't played.

But are questioning the universal consensus that this event is awful. Those that have played it have shared their experiences with it and they’re almost all the same. You don’t have to play through it to see that this event was poorly designed all around. The only redeeming quality I can see is the background art in tier 3 and Tier 4-5-6. That’s the only pat on the back the art department can truly hang their caps on.

idk, I usually reserve judgement on an event until playing it.

See I don’t understand that view. When you have several videos of play-through of the event on both sides (Rey and SLKylo) showing half hearted battles, boring mechanics (woo Rock Paper Scissors!) and the final event T6 for SLKylo showing a huge power difference resulting in losses when it was promised to be scaled back, I don’t see why you need to play to see the writing on the wall. Now through multiple threads CG’s idea of Great Rewards equates to the same disconnect in regards to scaling difficulty back, but if you have a tier that needs to be completed 10 times for an ability to be unlocked, and show that the success rate is 40% from the videos shared....and each attempt costs 70 tickets...you see where this math is going.

See, i don't just blindly trust the youtubers. I want to play something for myself to gauge its quality, difficulty, and engagement.

So several videos showing exactly what an event is and entails isn’t enough to explain the event? You can tell the quality from the gameplay videos. You can also tell the engagement from them as well. Difficulty is shown in how R7 characters are annihilated in the final tier of the SLKylo path because of the power gap between the GL’s. So what more is left to learn from playing?

A little fun

#RockPaperScissors
  • Options

You continue to miss the point of what is subjective. Yes, pinnacle means the top of something, but everyone's definition of the top event differs. You hold the Journey's in high regard, I think they are ok. Its the measuring stick of "top event" that is subjective, not the adjective you use to describe the event (best/pinnacle/top/most).

Once again, where did i defend the artwork? I made no opinions of it, and merely used it as one of many examples of how the measuring stick for pinnacle is subjective.

You continue to argue and say everything is subjective. But I don't see anyone coming on here to praise this event for meeting expectations or even doing well in any regard. You continue to argue with any negative review as if to say that someone doesn't have a right or entitlement to their view. Beyond the point of doing it just because you enjoy it, one almost has to wonder if you are doing it to quell the amounts of bad reviews for some ulterior motive.

Bottom line, the event is bad, the execution is bad and the criticism is meant to be viewed so that they can improve or respond. Why do you as a player feel the need to try and bring that down or argue with it at all?

• Options
    TrowaJedi wrote: »

You continue to miss the point of what is subjective. Yes, pinnacle means the top of something, but everyone's definition of the top event differs. You hold the Journey's in high regard, I think they are ok. Its the measuring stick of "top event" that is subjective, not the adjective you use to describe the event (best/pinnacle/top/most).

Once again, where did i defend the artwork? I made no opinions of it, and merely used it as one of many examples of how the measuring stick for pinnacle is subjective.

You continue to argue and say everything is subjective. But I don't see anyone coming on here to praise this event for meeting expectations or even doing well in any regard. You continue to argue with any negative review as if to say that someone doesn't have a right or entitlement to their view. Beyond the point of doing it just because you enjoy it, one almost has to wonder if you are doing it to quell the amounts of bad reviews for some ulterior motive.

Bottom line, the event is bad, the execution is bad and the criticism is meant to be viewed so that they can improve or respond. Why do you as a player feel the need to try and bring that down or argue with it at all?

I responded to refute supposed "lies" by CG. You can have your opinion on the event, and what are your favorite events, but if you want to say CG lied, well then supporting evidence is needed. For whatever reason you are hung up on this pinnacle thing, which is subjective and cannot really be proven as a lie, even if everyone hates the event. Most people still complain about LS TB months after its release, doesn't make it not endgame content.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    TrowaJedi wrote: »

I responded to refute supposed "lies" by CG. You can have your opinion on the event, and what are your favorite events, but if you want to say CG lied, well then supporting evidence is needed. For whatever reason you are hung up on this pinnacle thing, which is subjective and cannot really be proven as a lie, even if everyone hates the event. Most people still complain about LS TB months after its release, doesn't make it not endgame content.

Well they lied about the rewards and artwork for sure. Potato Rey supports this message
  • Options

But surely by ignoring the commenary and just watching the footage you can form an opinion yourself?
    Having to play a few tiers several times each is NOT a good event design especially when some of them are identical.
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    Options
    A few points....

- I own R4 full relic SLKR (he is hot garbage) he is no better no worse than a DR/Malak team at this point and can’t be the leader.
    - The event past the first stage is hot Garbage, no cut scenes, no story and 4-6 are the same just difficulty changes and at this rate will be having to do them a few dozen times to get through it.
    - Not having to use the toons you upgraded also hot garbage, seriously nothing but a pay wall on that one...
    - After spending what I spent and inflating my GP to insane levels after hoarding I nay end up finally quitting because you guessed it I feel like hot garbage after this insane journey with nothing but a pile of hot garbage at the end...
  • Options
    Foxer wrote: »
    A few points....

- I own R4 full relic SLKR (he is hot garbage) he is no better no worse than a DR/Malak team at this point and can’t be the leader.
    - The event past the first stage is hot Garbage, no cut scenes, no story and 4-6 are the same just difficulty changes and at this rate will be having to do them a few dozen times to get through it.
    - Not having to use the toons you upgraded also hot garbage, seriously nothing but a pay wall on that one...
    - After spending what I spent and inflating my GP to insane levels after hoarding I nay end up finally quitting because you guessed it I feel like hot garbage after this insane journey with nothing but a pile of hot garbage at the end...

So you’re saying you don’t like the 4month in the making , replayable marquee event?
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    Options
    Foxer wrote: »
    A few points....

So you’re saying you don’t like the 4month in the making , replayable marquee event?

Atleast a marquee you use the toons you had to 7* and gear..... calling it a replayable marquee is an insult to marquee events, in my opinion of course...
  • Options
    the event and requirements are crap, your internal review of having to relic all characters when originally it wasnt going to be that way, was a money grab, shame on you, and double shame on us for thinking maybe we do need those character reliqued that far because they are needed tto easily pass a stage, triple shame on you, you dont need them at all, we just wasted resourses and time in them very crappy character to get an event thats horribly done

and dont getme started on your art department that you keep on praising this was **** over ****

repeat the same battles only harder for tiers 4-6 that incredibly frustrating

ohh no cinematics, no real epic battles, your rock paper scissors is crappy at best, the worst content ever

let me say that again worst content ever

and you push your so called content and break part of the heroic sith raid with disapearing buttonss

• Options
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Some issues I’ve seen so far,

1. Rock Paper Scissors in T3 is complete luck with the same base strategy. Completely boring and unfair for day one spenders.

2. Reys face looks god awful and yet I’ve seen many posts of the artwork being praised. Like what is that?

3. It didn’t take 4 months to make this event. It’s completely lacklustre in quality & content.

4. You literally placed a paywall right after a paywall with the ticket system.

5. We’ve practically got no content in the past 4+ months.

6. Galactic Legend Rey is way stronger than galactic legend Kylo.

7. Galactic Legend tickets are completely out of pocket. Considering the amount needed paired with the drop rates.

8. Tiers 4-6 are literally the exact same battle.

9. Tier 6 gives 1 / 10 of the ability materials required to get the ultimate ability. This is just far too much investment at this point (700 tickets on a 100% success rate) although nobody will be able to achieve a success rate near that.

10. We had to g13 and relic up many characters just to use the same 5/6 in the whole event.

And lastly but most importantly,

11. These events had practically no iconic moments or cutscenes from the actual movie.

Tier 3 had a decent background of the two regions changing back and fourth.

Although that wasn’t nearly as iconic as scenes such as, Kylo vs Rey on the Death Star ruins, the infamous Han & Ben scene and the Rey vs Palpatine scene.

Even other scenes such as, Rey vs Darth Rey or Kylo vs Knights of Ren would’ve been amazing.

But no, it wasn’t implemented at all.

The Galactic Legends idea failed.

dont forget that with your update to get this event you put a bug on the hstr with the special abilities dissapearing in some characters

• Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    The content's coming at us gradually, in pieces. I'm not sure we have enough information to fairly criticize any of what we've seen so far.
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Options
    Rebmes wrote: »
    The content's coming at us gradually, in pieces. I'm not sure we have enough information to fairly criticize any of what we've seen so far.

This thread is about the GL event. It has dropped in it's entirety.
    You dont think we can criticise it yet?

Extra tiers to assault battles was an excellent addition to the game.
    The GL event has been a horrible addition to the game, mandating the gearing of bad toons to participate in what they made when said toons aren't used whatsoever.
    That is a bad event and has earned it's berating.
  • Options
    Can we atleast get an achievement for each GL that give us "great rewards"
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Can we atleast get an achievement for each GL that give us "great rewards"

There you go

7olm4jeqweko.jpg
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    I’m positive that this is my least favorite moment in the history of the game.
    Why? It’s just a ticketing gate that is 2 weeks long opposed to 3+ month GET gate where you end up using all your currency

2 weeks after relicing more than 2 full teams worth of useless toons that we'll never use and will take a VERY long time to even get them ready. Not even close to the same
  • Options
    As someone who has unlocked a GL and spent d lot of time focusing on the requirements I for one will not be working towards any new content they decide to hype. I'll not worry about anything besides my own enjoyment with the current state of affairs in this game in the future.

Next GL? I can wait.
    Relic abilities? I can wait.
    The vehicle thing they have mentioned in the past? I can wait.
    There's literally nothing they could possibly offer that will get me gear toons while ignoring viable teams again. If anything it's going to secure my hoards from unnecessary spending.

So what I'm trying to say is thank you CG.
    It probably wasn't your intent but I hope to enjoy this game far more in the future by simply not giving a ****.

To those who aren't upset or annoyed. Keep playing the way you want and have fun.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Sooo...here's my take. I don't care about the event being a borefest. You do it once and get it done. I'm still on the rope about the quality of the toons themselves too. More team compositions will be tested, we'll see how ultis turn out, we'll see their -new raid- usage which they'll clearly become a must. I am not as sour as many about the requirements either. Not even using them in the event adds insult to the injury for sure, but this deep into the lifetime of the game the amount of resource investment is an expected escalation for me. It's not like it will be only GLs from here on out either, they'll keep alternating between previous types (which can also flesh out GL compos). I don't expect next batch of GLs for at least a year.

What turns me off this new scheme of 4 month revelation. Many people argued that's beneficial for the player, actually it puts the majority in the same spot as -getting it the 2nd or 3rd run- and whales gonna whale as usual. Still a relief not stressing about event date for months or an event not even rumored suddenly turning up.

The sinister bit is this step revelation gives room for CG to see how much they can push players without taking the same risk as dropping full needs at once which would make people go bonkers (as if they didn't now). Speculation; as people started investing into it by the bulk, cg saw numbers were high and they can keep pushing it more due to the inertia of sunken cost fallacy. If people get something they were pondering at some moment too much they can just drop it and put something irrelevant in place. Lastly they can make vague promises which will get false hype causing more to invest into it.
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    Because of the obvious content (FO and Res) and long lead time, I'm spending a much lower amount of crystals this time around. And the only reason I'm spending any is because of the Poe Sucker Punch. If I was going Kylo I wouldn't have used up any crystals.

Seems like a win to me.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I just want to thank all the content creators on utube for showing us this event. I have always pushed hard for the next new thing but CG has finally made me not care any more.
    Too bad. I really use to love this game. I just want to see what's next. Does thr next big thing just have a "win" button? Fastest mods win. That is about all they can do.
  • Options
    You know, Im kinda Surprised that none of the Developers so far have tried to Tone down the Situation, or even own up to their mistakes.
  • Options
    You know, Im kinda Surprised that none of the Developers so far have tried to Tone down the Situation, or even own up to their mistakes.

This is not the way.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    And which "mistakes" would those be? Keeping in mind you not liking an event is not a mistake.
    Still not a he.