Ahnalds account [MERGE]

Replies

• Rex76
    26 posts Member
    Options
    Ronin7275 wrote: »
    Who knows. At this point I guess the Chinese are lucky that way!!!

Maybe it’s a blessing in disguise
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    I actually know for a fact that this happened because he brought the account to them and showed them exactly what he was doing and it was a violation of the ToS.

"Their hands were tied" at that point.

So Ahnald is parallel parking near a police station and accidentally bumps one of their squad cars. Ashamed, he walks into the police station to see a corporate CEO being let out after serving a week in minimum security prison for embezzlement, co-incidentally the CEO has made a sizable 'donation' to the department. Ahnald approaches the police desk clerk, and admits that he bumped a cruiser, and asks about what can be done. Without a word, a flurry of officers jail him indefinitely for his crime.

"Their hands were tied."

66-661421_jackie-chan-****-meme-jackie-chan.png

Do you have a date on the communication he showed?

Did he do this as an exposé or a reaction? I'm not defending the negotiations, but it seems like he had this in his back pocket, and didnt necessary do this "for the community".

This was actually already exposed prior to them banning Ahnald. However the ghosting of him and proof of further arbitrary punishment is what set it off

If that happened before they made the stated changes to their policy and this happened after, doesnt that remove some of the "arbitrary" part ?

If they needed some change of heart that cheating should be zero tolerance that again speaks to a them problem. I dont care if it was before their "zero tolerance" policy. That shouldve been in place from jump
  • Options

Really mate? You're really saying that? Honestly?

That's hilarious :smiley: keep on, keeping on. You're not on the side of right here, and I know you know that.

Not on the right side?

He broke the rules and got punished for it..... that part of it is pretty straightforward.

I think one of the main points/reasons people are upset is that communication has been sparse, veiled, and contradictory in general for the last 6 months (at least) and there is minimal new engage-able content. The youtubers are the only ones filling that void of content, and the message conveyed by banning the account (regardless of whether it violated TOS) is that they are being petty. Don't be surprised that this is the response. What did they think would happen? Without clarification from them people are going to assume a lack of good intentions.
  • Options
    CirdanTS wrote: »

That's hilarious :smiley: keep on, keeping on. You're not on the side of right here, and I know you know that.

Not on the right side?

He broke the rules and got punished for it..... that part of it is pretty straightforward.

I think one of the main points/reasons people are upset is that communication has been sparse, veiled, and contradictory in general for the last 6 months (at least) and there is minimal new engage-able content. The youtubers are the only ones filling that void of content, and the message conveyed by banning the account (regardless of whether it violated TOS) is that they are being petty. Don't be surprised that this is the response. What did they think would happen? Without clarification from them people are going to assume a lack of good intentions.

Well, lack of clarification and a long history of other mishaps lol
  • Options
    Ya, because copyright infringement is governed so well. Internet is a big place. There are a lot of hackers here. Sure hope they aren’t that dumb. I speak very little code so it wouldn’t be me. Just know at this rate the game won’t make it through the year. Especially when everyone who spent money gives a new review and tanks it all. The voice of the people is very powerful and unity is already happening. Good luck slowing this roll!!!

I mean you can ask @Bulldog1205 if you don't believe me. Likely he got a copyright strike when his cheating video got taken down. Its very easy for a copyright holder to send a takedown request to Youtube. If EA had a vendetta against Ahnald, they can easily prevent him from posting any video showing their game.

As to the rest... meh. People have been saying the game is gonna tank forever; but the whales keep on whaling. Ahnald may have his little fanboy following, but not all of them are spenders, and not all of them would quit even if Ea did cut him off completely. His viewers are a drop in the bucket. Heck I'd wager there are at least as many people (if not more) who dislike him as there are who follow him.....

• Rex76
    26 posts Member
    Options
    Not that my opinion matters, but Ahnald’s acquired and possibly Chinese that may have contained illegitimate crystals at some point account isn’t going to affect my decision or desire to continue to play the game. The lack of content as well as the inconsistency in how cheaters, account sharing, etc. are dealt with will affect it. This is an incredible amount of drama going on for a mobile game.
  • Options
    Ya, because copyright infringement is governed so well. Internet is a big place. There are a lot of hackers here. Sure hope they aren’t that dumb. I speak very little code so it wouldn’t be me. Just know at this rate the game won’t make it through the year. Especially when everyone who spent money gives a new review and tanks it all. The voice of the people is very powerful and unity is already happening. Good luck slowing this roll!!!

I mean you can ask @Bulldog1205 if you don't believe me. Likely he got a copyright strike when his cheating video got taken down. Its very easy for a copyright holder to send a takedown request to Youtube. If EA had a vendetta against Ahnald, they can easily prevent him from posting any video showing their game.

As to the rest... meh. People have been saying the game is gonna tank forever; but the whales keep on whaling. Ahnald may have his little fanboy following, but not all of them are spenders, and not all of them would quit even if Ea did cut him off completely. His viewers are a drop in the bucket. Heck I'd wager there are at least as many people (if not more) who dislike him as there are who follow him.....

Yet they're no where to be found in this thread and I'd be willing to bet that if they watch his videos they're on the forums
  • Options

You really think it was over copyright instead of "hey hes showing people how to break our tos"?
  • Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    It’s completely logical. It was a justified ban and the way they coldly handled it vs how they warmly handle big spender cheaters shows how they feel about him.

Comon Spock. You can't try and argue something is logical using.....ick .....feelings.

What wasn’t logical was canceling the game changers program. What wasn’t logical was removing test accounts.

Seemed logical to me. I'm all for removing people from early access and unlimited testing access when some of them were using it to gain their guilds advantages on farms and strategies.
  • Ggdjqjchsabjdj
    780 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    It’s completely logical. It was a justified ban and the way they coldly handled it vs how they warmly handle big spender cheaters shows how they feel about him.

Comon Spock. You can't try and argue something is logical using.....ick .....feelings.

What wasn’t logical was canceling the game changers program. What wasn’t logical was removing test accounts.

Seemed logical to me. I'm all for removing people from early access and unlimited testing access when some of them were using it to gain their guilds advantages on farms and strategies.
    Oh no! Little baby is sad that some people got an advantage on him! How dare they!
    Can you show me these people who used it to get a competitive advantage? If so, how much of an advantage did it give them?
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Not on the right side?

I think one of the main points/reasons people are upset is that communication has been sparse, veiled, and contradictory in general for the last 6 months (at least) and there is minimal new engage-able content.

They have been communicating over the last 6 months, there are actually quite a few statement from them. They may not be saying what the players want to hear, but that doesnt mean they are not communicating.

I know "no one" wants the new GLs but for me personally they broke me out of the rut I was in with hoarding and do minimums and just coasting along. It's not the level of engagement that many want, but this game has always been very much a "background game" there is so much to do beyond just playing. (Not for everyone I know)
    The youtubers are the only ones filling that void of content, and the message conveyed by banning the account (regardless of whether it violated TOS) is that they are being petty. Don't be surprised that this is the response. What did they think would happen? Without clarification from them people are going to assume a lack of good intentions.

I dont think they could have avoided this once he put it there. There are/were too many implications about what was going on.

I dont think anyone is surprised this is the response, which is part of the reason this had to be handled this way, if they did it the other way it would have been much worse.

People assume a lack of good intentions for many reasons. He broke the rules and pushed it in their face, if you think they are the ones with bad intentions at that point, its probably some personal bias you are bringing into the situation. (Not you, just the royal "you")
  • Options
    Animal mother—(should have left that name in FMJ)
    I’m sure those people out there robbing our country via computers stopped when they saw “copyright” written on all those bank forums and codes. Hell, Washington state sent millions of unemployment monies OVERSEAS because the computers told it to. I’m sure you’re right though, there isn’t anything anyone can do. Open your’ eyes new guy, see the world for what it really is. Corporate America taking care of the big guy. Whomever lines their (CG’s) pockets with the most money wins. ****.....HOW ABOUT LOYALTY!!! Like we’ve shown by playing this game the way a lot of us do. We just need to stop giving them money. No sense in financing your own **** probe.
  • BVH3030
    67 posts Member
    Options

Not on the right side?

I think one of the main points/reasons people are upset is that communication has been sparse, veiled, and contradictory in general for the last 6 months (at least) and there is minimal new engage-able content.

They have been communicating over the last 6 months, there are actually quite a few statement from them. They may not be saying what the players want to hear, but that doesnt mean they are not communicating.

I know "no one" wants the new GLs but for me personally they broke me out of the rut I was in with hoarding and do minimums and just coasting along. It's not the level of engagement that many want, but this game has always been very much a "background game" there is so much to do beyond just playing. (Not for everyone I know)
    The youtubers are the only ones filling that void of content, and the message conveyed by banning the account (regardless of whether it violated TOS) is that they are being petty. Don't be surprised that this is the response. What did they think would happen? Without clarification from them people are going to assume a lack of good intentions.

I dont think they could have avoided this once he put it there. There are/were too many implications about what was going on.

I dont think anyone is surprised this is the response, which is part of the reason this had to be handled this way, if they did it the other way it would have been much worse.

People assume a lack of good intentions for many reasons. He broke the rules and pushed it in their face, if you think they are the ones with bad intentions at that point, its probably some personal bias you are bringing into the situation. (Not you, just the royal "you")

Of course you're right Kyno how did I not see this! All hail CG with their waves of new content and abundant communication!
  • Smidday
    134 posts Member
    Options
    Scared to buy anything else in this game now incase they cancel the whole thing after people protesting
  • Options

You really think it was over copyright instead of "hey hes showing people how to break our tos"?

No... Did I say that? I did not.

Copyright is merely the means to remove something. The reasons for removing it can be whatever the copyright holder wishes. The reason could be as simple and ludicrous as "that fellow has gross teeth, I don't want him associated with our company."
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    BVH3030 wrote: »

Not on the right side?

Of course you're right Kyno how did I not see this! All hail CG with their waves of new content and abundant communication!

Yes that's what I said.... thanks for the TL;DR
  • Options
    I think CG wants their own personnel assigned content promoters. That way they can have complete and total control of what goes down range. Gat a bad feeling about this. I’m sure I’ll get a copyright strike for that.
  • Options
    Animal mother—(should have left that name in FMJ)
    I’m sure those people out there robbing our country via computers stopped when they saw “copyright” written on all those bank forums and codes. Hell, Washington state sent millions of unemployment monies OVERSEAS because the computers told it to. I’m sure you’re right though, there isn’t anything anyone can do. Open your’ eyes new guy, see the world for what it really is. Corporate America taking care of the big guy. Whomever lines their (CG’s) pockets with the most money wins. ****.....HOW ABOUT LOYALTY!!! Like we’ve shown by playing this game the way a lot of us do. We just need to stop giving them money. No sense in financing your own **** probe.

Yeah...

You have gone well beyond the premise of the original point I argued.

Your comment was about EA not being able to pull youtube from someone. I provided facts that Ea can in fact keep their copyrighted content off that platform very easily.

All this other meandering stuff, I'm not interested in.

• Options
    Yes mispelled above On purpose as to not get the dreadful copyright strike!
  • Options

Not on the right side?

If they didnt have a history of ignoring cheaters and hackers you might have a point. But they do, so you don't. Theres videos out there, han just released one, detailing how inconsistent they are. It doesnt take personal bias to think this was targeted.
  • Options
    I worked in CS in a large music company and I understand what CG have to put up with. Some times customers would scream for features, or they cancel and the funny thing is we were working on adding them but we were not allowed to say a word and lots of CS agents wish they could have spoken and let the customer know.

Ahnald purchased a kraken account at less then a fraction of what it would have cost to upgrade that much from starting a new account and CG got none of the $$$$... he might as well have paid a 3rd party website for crystals, or cheated in the arena to gain crystals, or other parts of the game that lose CG money.

It was not even his main account (that he still has access to), OR his F2P. I don't understand why he even thought he is above the rules and bought one. He is worse then the hackers/cheaters. Just because he makes a few over acting YT videos (that makes him money). it does not make him above the rules.

That is why he wont quit the game or stop spending. CG/swgoh is GOOD FOR HIM. I am not saying he does not give back, but just because people cheat and work out deals with CG for less ban time, it does not excuse him buying a kraken account (why buy it?!)

He makes money from his many followers that allow him to be a kraken and he makes money from advertising that other game. He makes content that people love, so good on him, but he should stop making out that he is the one doing CG a huge favour.

What ever CG do, they lose. IMO people here are just being drama kings hahah
  • SirSolids
    23 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Take a good look. You will not be getting any more from me.
  • Options

The other way being giving him the same courtesy as a hacker? Sorry, "owner of bad battles".

C'mon man.

This has been brewing for 4+ years. You can't pee in the same bucket for that long, and not expect it to overflow.

Chained since '16
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Not on the right side?

If they didnt have a history of ignoring cheaters and hackers you might have a point. But they do, so you don't. Theres videos out there, han just released one, detailing how inconsistent they are. It doesnt take personal bias to think this was targeted.

Yes it does, because those 2 things are not related cheating/hacking is not account transfer.

Also, they do not have a history of ignoring them.
  • SirSolids
    23 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    You are so baby bunkergjf02qphyyln.jpg
  • Options
    I worked in CS in a large music company and I understand what CG have to put up with. Some times customers would scream for features, or they cancel and the funny thing is we were working on adding them but we were not allowed to say a word and lots of CS agents wish they could have spoken and let the customer know.

Ahnald purchased a kraken account at less then a fraction of what it would have cost to upgrade that much from starting a new account and CG got none of the $$$$... he might as well have paid a 3rd party website for crystals, or cheated in the arena to gain crystals, or other parts of the game that lose CG money.

It was not even his main account (that he still has access to), OR his F2P. I don't understand why he even thought he is above the rules and bought one. He is worse then the hackers/cheaters. Just because he makes a few over acting YT videos (that makes him money). it does not make him above the rules.

That is why he wont quit the game or stop spending. CG/swgoh is GOOD FOR HIM. I am not saying he does not give back, but just because people cheat and work out deals with CG for less ban time, it does not excuse him buying a kraken account (why buy it?!)

He makes money from his many followers that allow him to be a kraken and he makes money from advertising that other game. He makes content that people love, so good on him, but he should stop making out that he is the one doing CG a huge favour.

What ever CG do, they lose. IMO people here are just being drama kings hahah

We dont know that he purchased it at all and cg literally has a post (that they have yet to release for this time period) where they tell us what they're working on for the future. You're operating under the premise that cg cares. I think that's a mistake as time and again they've shown us they do not. If you arent upset by how they handled this and what has been exposed that's a you problem and not an us problem
  • Options

Yep, got a copyright infringement. According to my notice, I could either accept it or fight it. If I challenged the claim, EA had to either drop it or file an official lawsuit. I didn’t have the resources or desire to go through that.