Ahnalds account [MERGE]

Replies

• JMG680
    83 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    You give them more credit for a last-minute comment over hiding over the weekend than I do. I don’t think they’re going to address this at all.

They have not addressed the lack of content. They have not addressed the fixing of bugs. They have not addressed anything in so long.
  • VaderB1
    146 posts Member
    Options
    JMG680 wrote: »
    You give them more credit for a last-minute comment over hiding over the weekend than I do. I don’t think they’re going to address this at all.

They have not addressed the lack of content. They have not addressed the fixing of bugs. They have not addressed anything in so long.

You are probably right, but last minute communication before the weekend is their MO, if it's going to happen it will happen as I laid it out
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    @Kyno he should be in the know, especially if this “deal” centers around him. “Tangential” is a nice way to say he doesn’t have to watch videos about a game that he is a dev for. Got it. (Sarcasm intended)

Anywho: notice the difference

vlasuulw3xnr.jpeg

In the know sure, but have seen the video.... not sure why that would be a necessity of his job.

Crumb, yes 100%. Tophat, sure he should to. After that it's more of a personal choice as to whether or not that have gone out of their way to actually watch it.

Gone out of their way? LOL,.
    You are quite ridiculous by speaking up for something so abusurd. You do realise the game is all but over right? Are you that tone deaf?
    Good luck with the internship.
  • VaderB1
    146 posts Member
    Options
    it also seems like they are letting us punch ourselves out this time, there is no way a thread like this survives a year ago.
  • Options
    "Classified"?

Pull my other leg.
    Chained since '16
  • calv
    1 posts Member
    Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    bearrock wrote: »
    In the know sure, but have seen the video.... not sure why that would be a necessity of his job.

Crumb, yes 100%. Tophat, sure he should to. After that it's more of a personal choice as to whether or not that have gone out of their way to actually watch it.

Is the email in the video real or false?

Are there caught cheaters who got less than a permanent ban? (as the allusion to working with players who provided information seems to suggest)

Were there players who bought crystals through "unapproved" methods given a month ban and then later given agency to determine which characters get rolled back?

Why are these questions so hard for LD or CG to answer?

Because saying yes it was real will only set the community off more.

At this point the conversation from cg should be where to go from here

Actuall that's probably not the point of why they are not likely to confirm or deny anything.... it has more to do with the fact that they do not and cannot share details about communication like this.

There is some more information floating around discord that shows more details, I'm not sure if they are true or not, but it makes for an interesting view point on this whole topic.

CG will basically not get into a they said/they said argument because the only way to prove things would be to divulge more information that is classified as personal information/communications.

And herein lies the problem.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    @Kyno he should be in the know, especially if this “deal” centers around him. “Tangential” is a nice way to say he doesn’t have to watch videos about a game that he is a dev for. Got it. (Sarcasm intended)

Anywho: notice the difference

vlasuulw3xnr.jpeg

Gone out of their way? LOL,.
    You are quite ridiculous by speaking up for something so abusurd. You do realise the game is all but over right? Are you that tone deaf?
    Good luck with the internship.

Did it die again? I must have missed it....sorry it was my PO time.
  • Options
    What makes me sick is how they pick and choose how strictly they punish people. Ahnald is one of the reasons that the game is making money, whether they like it or not. He literally gives them free advertising. He gets money from the videos themselves, but CG gets money from the relatively positive content he produces. Not only does he have 150k subs, tens of thousands of people watch his videos, the majority of which are related to Galaxy of Heroes, videos that give us insight on what to farm, which zetas we should focus on, and how to beat events, which is valuable to people that play the game, gives them more clarity regarding if they want to spend money of specific characters. He got that account from a kraken who was just sick of the game, which GLs being the final straw for them. They gave their account, with 7.5M GP, to a content creator, Ahnald. And the only reason he had this account was because CG took away testing accounts, as well as the Discord server for content creators, after the feedback they received regarding GLs. He used this account to showcase new characters and their characters and their viability, which helps the SWGoH community at large. He ran into a glitch a couple weeks back, where crystals visually disappeared from his store. He contacted a dev about this issue, an issue that literally keeps him from spending money on their game. He contacted 5 people. He reached out to 3 devs on the forum, none of them answered, and the people who did answer was EA Help, and EA_High Command. After a week of investigation, they banned the account because it was against ToS. Fine. But you better stick to your rules, because there are way more people than just Ahnald who use account sharing as a tool. But apparently, hacking and cheating isn't as big of a concern as CG makes it out to be. Because there are multiple examples of cheating in the game on Reddit, and there's a conversation between a cheater and a CG developer. Instead of getting perma-banned, like Ahnald, the cheater only got a slap on the wrist, with a week-long ban, which the developer let the cheater chose when the ban took place, as long as it took place within the next two weeks. The developer literally talked to the cheater in an obvious negotiation than he did with Ahnald, who got banned with absolutely no warning. Sorry that this is so long. I'm just fed up with 2020 and everything.
  • Options
    CirdanTS wrote: »
    "Their hands were tied" at that point.

Really mate? You're really saying that? Honestly?

That's hilarious :smiley: keep on, keeping on. You're not on the side of right here, and I know you know that.

Not on the right side?

He broke the rules and got punished for it..... that part of it is pretty straightforward.

I think one of the main points/reasons people are upset is that communication has been sparse, veiled, and contradictory in general for the last 6 months (at least) and there is minimal new engage-able content.

They have been communicating over the last 6 months, there are actually quite a few statement from them. They may not be saying what the players want to hear, but that doesnt mean they are not communicating.

I know "no one" wants the new GLs but for me personally they broke me out of the rut I was in with hoarding and do minimums and just coasting along. It's not the level of engagement that many want, but this game has always been very much a "background game" there is so much to do beyond just playing. (Not for everyone I know)
    The youtubers are the only ones filling that void of content, and the message conveyed by banning the account (regardless of whether it violated TOS) is that they are being petty. Don't be surprised that this is the response. What did they think would happen? Without clarification from them people are going to assume a lack of good intentions.

I dont think they could have avoided this once he put it there. There are/were too many implications about what was going on.

I dont think anyone is surprised this is the response, which is part of the reason this had to be handled this way, if they did it the other way it would have been much worse.

People assume a lack of good intentions for many reasons. He broke the rules and pushed it in their face, if you think they are the ones with bad intentions at that point, its probably some personal bias you are bringing into the situation. (Not you, just the royal "you")

If they didnt have a history of ignoring cheaters and hackers you might have a point. But they do, so you don't. Theres videos out there, han just released one, detailing how inconsistent they are. It doesnt take personal bias to think this was targeted.

Yes it does, because those 2 things are not related cheating/hacking is not account transfer.

Also, they do not have a history of ignoring them.

We've seen plenty of posts of cheaters not being taken care of, other high up guild leaders have said the same, and bulldog just blew your whole "well when was this" theory to shreds. They treat account sharing harder than actual cheating and hacking it seems. "Are we the baddies" yes, yes you are.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options

Seems to me, if those allegations are true, admission and a sincere apology has to be part of the conversation. LD's response in the screenshot above indicates nothing of the kind.

I would hope so too.... but if the past is clue of cg and its reactions, id say they are far too proud for admission of guilt
  • Options
    Mayhem wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Lol fix what? He literally went to them not the other way around. No company in their right mind would support account sharing it’s bad business. If I bought an account that instantly makes me competitive (money is transferred to somebody else) the company that actually owns the account gets nothing. But if I had to start my own account and want to fast track to a competitive level well I’d have to purchase virtual items (money goes to the company).

Everybody with their pitchforks do realize he brought attention to the account himself with emails, text messages, and DMs

He went to them so he could keep spending money. He went to them so he could continue to pump money into an account that otherwise would’ve been sitting dormant not making any money.

So before this they had Ahnald pouring money into two accounts for content testing. Now they have him pouring money into only one and will guaranteed lose income from players either quitting or stopping their spending.

Not to mention they were exposed as to being selective with their punishments. Account sharing is nowhere near as bad as intentional cheating and hacking the game. Yet one got a week long suspension while the other a permanent ban.

So let me get this straight, you’re ok with CG doing nothing to somebody literally bringing to their attention he’s violating the rules.

Let me get this straight, you’re ok with CG being selective and arbitrary in their punishments? You’re ok with it being proven that if someone whales enough, they’ll let them come back after cheating and hacking the game. You’re ok with them doing that, but taking a personal stance with Ahnald who was literally trying to give them more money to continue to advertise their game for free, to bring them in even more money.
    Yes I’m ok with people buying an account because it’s not cheating in my mind. It’s keeping an account alive. The person that buys an account is guaranteed to spend more money in the game regardless.
    No, I’m not ok with CG being arbitrary and letting cheaters off the hook while also using their TOS as a tool in a personal vendetta against a content creator simply because they can.
  • Options
    Wolverines wrote: »
    AntiFunn wrote: »
    That guy still has a YouTube channel? Got tired of all the self promoting click bait tactics a long time ago.

Makes me like CG even more

I wonder how you found this forum post.... through one of the content creators perhaps? Ahnald is among the top content creators for this game, if not, the top one, the amount of love and effort he puts into his videos and into his community is amazing!

Go think about that...

Thought about it and stand by my words. Found out about it by looking in the forums... shocking.

You can put love and effort into your work but if it’s going against company policy be prepared to be disciplined.

Ok Boomer

Ok kid

Is your goal here to be an ****? Because it is working...

I stated my opinion and you got offended and responded. Nothing more, nothing less

What makes me sick is how they pick and choose how strictly they punish people. Ahnald is one of the reasons that the game is making money, whether they like it or not. He literally gives them free advertising. He does get money from the video itself, but CG gets money from the relatively positive content that he produces. Not only does he have 150k subs, tens of thousands of people watch his videos, the majority of which are related to Galaxy of Heroes, videos that give us insight on what to farm, which zetas we should focus on, and how to beat events, which gives people more clarity regarding if they wants spend money on specific characters. He got that account from a kraken who was just sick of the game, with GLs being the final nail for them. They gave their account, with 7.5M GP, to a content creator, Ahnald. And the only reason he had this account was because CG took away testing accounts, as well as the Discord server for content creators, after the feedback they received regarding GLs. He used this account to showcase new characters and their viability, which helps the SWGoH community at large. He ran into a glitch a couple weeks back, where crystals visually disappeared from the store. He contacted a developer about this issue, an issue that literally keeps him from spending money on their game. He contacted 5 people. He reached out to 3 devs on the forum, none of them answered, and the people who did answer was EA Help, and EA-High Command. After a week of investigation, they banned his account, because it was against ToS. Fine. But if that's the case, CG, you better stick to your rules, because there are a lot more people than just Ahnald who use account sharing as a tool. But apparently, hacking and cheating isn't as big of a concern to CG as they make it out to be. Because there are multiple examples of cheating in the game on Reddit, and there's a conversation that's obviously a negotiation between a cheater and a CG developer. Instead of getting perma-banned, they got a slap on the wrist, with a week-long ban, which the developer let the cheater choose when the ban took place, as long as it took place within the next two weeks. The developer literally talked to the cheater more than he did Ahnald, who got banned with absolutely no warning. Sorry that this is so long. I'm just so fed up with 2020 and everything.
  • Options
    Lol fix what? He literally went to them not the other way around. No company in their right mind would support account sharing it’s bad business. If I bought an account that instantly makes me competitive (money is transferred to somebody else) the company that actually owns the account gets nothing. But if I had to start my own account and want to fast track to a competitive level well I’d have to purchase virtual items (money goes to the company).

Everybody with their pitchforks do realize he brought attention to the account himself with emails, text messages, and DMs
    marxuke123 wrote: »

He went to them so he could keep spending money. He went to them so he could continue to pump money into an account that otherwise would’ve been sitting dormant not making any money.

So before this they had Ahnald pouring money into two accounts for content testing. Now they have him pouring money into only one and will guaranteed lose income from players either quitting or stopping their spending.

Not to mention they were exposed as to being selective with their punishments. Account sharing is nowhere near as bad as intentional cheating and hacking the game. Yet one got a week long suspension while the other a permanent ban.

So let me get this straight, you’re ok with CG doing nothing to somebody literally bringing to their attention he’s violating the rules.

Its just not the rules. Man look at broader picture not before your nose reading the rule. CG is just hypocritical how he handles those things.

I am looking at the broader picture, take Anhald out of the equation, if somebody that hadn’t played a single minute in this game decided to pick it up, they buy a 7M GP account, my time and effort has instantly been devalued.

I don’t want cheaters in this game either they should be banned, and that letter in his video looks like a high school freshman wrote it, is it legitimate, who the hell knows.

But you have people here demanding his banned account be reversed...why? You also have people here saying it’s outrageous that CG banned the account and it’s a witch hunt, Ahnald literally, literally invited them to look into the account.

Haha, did you read the other replies to your comment? Yes, he got a high gp account, but he also spent 1000s of dollars on it, so it honestly equals out. I don’t agree with getting him unbanned, as that would spark more commotion. The problem isn’t that he was banned, it was that CG was negotiating with a cheater. Seems fishy doesn’t it? Imagine some guy on your CoD game was cheating etc. You’d want him banned permanently, no? What’s different about this guy who only got 1 week?
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Options
    What makes me sick is how they pick and choose how strictly they punish people. Ahnald is one of the reasons that the game is making money, whether they like it or not. He literally gives them free advertising. He gets money from the videos themselves, but CG gets money from the relatively positive content he produces. Not only does he have 150k subs, tens of thousands of people watch his videos, the majority of which are related to Galaxy of Heroes, videos that give us insight on what to farm, which zetas we should focus on, and how to beat events, which is valuable to people that play the game, gives them more clarity regarding if they want to spend money of specific characters. He got that account from a kraken who was just sick of the game, which GLs being the final straw for them. They gave their account, with 7.5M GP, to a content creator, Ahnald. And the only reason he had this account was because CG took away testing accounts, as well as the Discord server for content creators, after the feedback they received regarding GLs. He used this account to showcase new characters and their characters and their viability, which helps the SWGoH community at large. He ran into a glitch a couple weeks back, where crystals visually disappeared from his store. He contacted a dev about this issue, an issue that literally keeps him from spending money on their game. He contacted 5 people. He reached out to 3 devs on the forum, none of them answered, and the people who did answer was EA Help, and EA_High Command. After a week of investigation, they banned the account because it was against ToS. Fine. But you better stick to your rules, because there are way more people than just Ahnald who use account sharing as a tool. But apparently, hacking and cheating isn't as big of a concern as CG makes it out to be. Because there are multiple examples of cheating in the game on Reddit, and there's a conversation between a cheater and a CG developer. Instead of getting perma-banned, like Ahnald, the cheater only got a slap on the wrist, with a week-long ban, which the developer let the cheater chose when the ban took place, as long as it took place within the next two weeks. The developer literally talked to the cheater in an obvious negotiation than he did with Ahnald, who got banned with absolutely no warning. Sorry that this is so long. I'm just fed up with 2020 and everything.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

Is the email in the video real or false?

Are there caught cheaters who got less than a permanent ban? (as the allusion to working with players who provided information seems to suggest)

Were there players who bought crystals through "unapproved" methods given a month ban and then later given agency to determine which characters get rolled back?

Why are these questions so hard for LD or CG to answer?

Actuall that's probably not the point of why they are not likely to confirm or deny anything.... it has more to do with the fact that they do not and cannot share details about communication like this.

There is some more information floating around discord that shows more details, I'm not sure if they are true or not, but it makes for an interesting view point on this whole topic.

CG will basically not get into a they said/they said argument because the only way to prove things would be to divulge more information that is classified as personal information/communications.

A fair take i guess.

Again id rather discussing moving forward and how they can win back the trust theyve lost from this....

Trust is what is broken and transparency is the key to solving it
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    VaderB1 wrote: »
    Boomer8800 wrote: »
    Everyone knows where the door is in this game, but how many will actually walk through it? **** and moan but at the end of the day if a new OP toon comes out, so do the wallets and panic farming.
    He personally didn't get banned just ONE of his accounts did.

just gonna reply with LOL to all these apologists posts. He has visual proof that EA negotiates with cheaters who spend and still you aplogize for CG

The visual proof.... hmmm... oh you mean in that video he posted today where he says he will now whale twice as hard on the characters he whaled out on the banned account on toons he doesn't have at 7 stars or g13 on his original account and keep playing, promoting the game, and he won't ask for a refund?

And i'm the apologist and the bootlicker

Logic checks out

In his case it's a business expense needed for his channel. In your case, you do it for free because you enjoy being part of the unpaid CG Defense Force.

Again, they ban an account he uses to ADVERTISE their game, but when someone cheats, they give them a week timeout and let them play again. As if Ahnald doesn't spend thousands on this game, but a cheater who does it is perfectly fine?

I would say everyone just ignore CG Ultra and the rest of the CGDF from now on. All they are here to do is incite and disrupt (be trolls).

This is the most sense I've seen in here in this place. You know how to kill a form troll? Stop feeding it.
  • Options

Kyno, stop throwing around words like classified and personal information when you are clearly using them inaccurately. Nothing is classified about CG's communication to a player from the perspective of the company. Even a player's communication to CG is not classified. CG/EA policy may be to not make those public, but those are internal policies, not an issue of law. It is not as if the players are asking CG to release the username of the cheater (which some games do btw) and contact information. But there is no issue of privacy or "classification" at play when it comes to CG releasing what they wrote to a player.

Even if they didn't want to get into the specific accuracy of the leaked email, there is nothing preventing them from addressing how different violations of ToS has been dealt with in the past and how they will be dealt with going forward. So, it's perma ban for cheating unless the cheater provides information? Is that the standard? What about illicit crystal purchases? Month ban? Depends on how much money you spent? Is the agency regarding details of a ban a courtesy given to all players or just those who meet a certain spending threshold?

Nothing justifies the radio silence over these issues. At minimum, they needed to say we are reviewing the various concerns and will be releasing a statement after internal discussion. But they couldn't even do that.

• Rex76
    26 posts Member
    Options
    Brawnin wrote: »

For me the issue is less about that account being banned and more about CG’s interactions with a cheater vs lack of any interaction with Ahnald. Ban the account, it is against the rules and everyone knows it. Ban the cheaters as well. They are far too common in this game, and it’s concerning that they’ve given preferential treatment.

This is right. The one thing he did right was at least bringing attention to how CG is dealing with cheaters. I don’t have any issue with that account being banned as he knowingly and admittedly violated TOS and essentially brought their attention to it. The issue I have is the handling of cheaters in general and the lack of consistency specifically in regards to punishment.
  • Options
    @obikenobi1
    I understand what you are saying and where you are coming from, but do you understand how common it is for guildmates to babysit accounts for peeps on work trips? Or for guildmates to babysit accounts so the guild has time to replace that player that quit? Or my wife has had to log in and help me with the game while I am off coaching in practices and games for the school I work at.

I am assuming you’re not this naive. Do you watch other SWGoH content creators that use other people’s account to stream GAC or make videos?

The fact that incompetent CG has provided no new content for more than HALF A YEAR, other than reskinned Rock, Paper, Scissors, been delayed on the Road Ahead, has countless bugs prevalent within the game and a plethora of other issues, they chose to ban a helpful account to their biggest YouTuber. They took away test accounts and left the content creators up **** creek without paddles.

If they ban one, it all.

I guess i didn't know this was a common occurance in guilds. I can understand the scenario's you mentioned as not being that big of a deal. I do think that its a bit of a slippery slope when people can violate the TOS agreement by giving one player an unfair advatage by allowing others to access his account 24/7 whereas everyone else is only on their own account for so long. The most severe breach of the TOS is where someone creates an account, cheats using hacks or using stolen credit cards to whale out and gain an unfair advantage and then sell it to someone else. That person could very likely see their account banned unexpectedly because CG found out! how fair is that for the person who didn't do the cheating? Now this isn't the case with what happened to Ahnald, I am just explaining why its important to uphold this rule and enforce it because it would really ruin the game if people got away with it. Cheating is something i feel is very egregious and should be severely dealt with. CG does need to improve with this crackdown and negotiating with known cheaters is very bad. I wouldn't trust a cheater to not cheat again, but unfortunately CG has given some cheaters a second chance which is a huge concern.

I think what bothers me most with the Ahnald situation is that he was using this account he recieved to make videos and therby gain profit from youtube much more than what was invested. Yes he did spend some money to show some of the content, but that content wouldn't have been possible if the previous owner hadn't spent $50,000+ to get that roster at that level. Ahnald makes a lot of money from youtube with his channel...150k+ subscribers does that. He is by far the most popular content creator and he is my favorite one to watch. I think he can do just as well by using his own accounts he worked hard to build up. Using other peoples accounts to make more money tho is where it really crosses the line. That just isn't fair to other content creators who could have made those videos highlighting the Mando and Greef Karga for example. There are some people who were in a position to do that who do make videos on youtube.They didn't get the chance to make videos on this and profit from it because Ahnald got there first by using a Kraken account that was gifted and got all those views for his videos which equals money. That just doesn't sit right with me and it just so happened to be a breach of the TOS that allowed it to happen.

I wholeheartedly agree with you when you said, if they ban one, ban them all. They need to do this and set the precendent otherwise this can seem a bit petty to target one person but allow others to get away with it. All cheaters should get permabanned. Even tho it would be inconvenient for a lot of people, it would create a more fair playing field if everyone also got to only run their own account instead of sharing it with others or selling/gifting it to others also. I think that is what the spirit of the TOS agreement is trying to achieve and why all games do this in their agreements, not just SWGOH.
  • Options
    BVH3030 wrote: »
    @TVF said it's true, so it must be.

Snarky Kyno best Kyno

Hmmm think he's going to delete his own post for violations of Terms of Service everyone is so strongly defending? "This includes deliberately trying to cause an argument by making sarcastic, off-topic, rude or disruptive posts, and discussions." The post seems both sarcastic and off-topic, as well as calling out someone in the forums which is also specifically against the terms of service.

Pot, meet kettle.

Firstly, yes I was trying to be a little funny.

I think we can all agree that if we fully enforced the Forum Guidelines to the letter this conversation wouldn't even be here. In all honesty 99% of the violations we have removed are profanity.

Discussions like this are hard and we try to do our best to let it happen and keep things somewhat in line.

Dont worry I know I am the worst person in the world, I have come to terms with that. That doesnt mean we can have a constructive conversation about this.

To answer a few points I see:
    They didnt ban his main account (I know it's been said multiple times but people still come here with "unban him", which is not totally accurate).

From my understanding they did communicate why this is going on when it happened with him directly.

Each case of cheating is handled independently and on a case by case basis.
    IMO, no matter how things are handled with each case...when someone makes a move like that, that is in direct violation of a set of rules, they put the person on the enforcement side of things in a difficult spot and that can mean they have no choice but to act in accordance with the rules they have.

But I am not going to pretend to know all the details.

I don't always (usually) agree with you but you are far from the worst person on the forum, let alone in the world.

I do agree that enforcement of rules is difficult but consistency and communication are the keys to keeping most people understanding of it.
  • Options
    GroovieR wrote: »
    TayloRen wrote: »
    smlw5idcsury.png

Yeah, he replied almost instantly. Come on guys.

Weird, I looked back after I posted this and not one of the dummies promoting that Ahnald got a deal from CG for a 1 week ban have come forth and apologized for spreading that nonsense. Hmm.
    I did say that the information I received was unreliable :shrug:

Thanks for asking Ahnald directly, and clarifying but any sort of

I did like your post for it

Unreliable, don't post it.

Would be nice if people just asked the source. Takes a sec. That would be awesome if we could send a message to someone from CG about their take on all this and get a response, wouldn't it? Like a community manager or someone like that?
    Would be nice if people can talk without insulting the other person. Takes a sec.

CG doesn't have to say anything because they never speak on why anyone was banned other than the banned person, regardless of how outrage the community feels. This is a private matter between Ahnald, the Kraken whose account he's using, and CG

Ahnald can make it as public as he wants, but they still have to reply back in private

kik382ch0suy.jpg

Gonna need to make it an "aggressive negotiation"
  • Options
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    Is CG going to ban all the people that use modding services, since that is also account sharing?

I hope so

And why is that?
    account sharing... we just covered this

keep up, buddy

Haha. You amuse me. Let us ban those who wanted to have a better in-game experience, you mean? That’s what I see. Seems you don’t think of the wider picture. ;)
    Stay loyal to CG, buddy.

Thinking of the wider picture, choosing not to ban those using a modding service would be very hypocritical. Hacks, 3rd party crystals, and pirated gift cards can also provide someone a better in-game experience. That’s a very poor standard to use as a rule enforcement policy. The point is consistent application of the rules, if you’re going to think of the wider picture that is.

I mean sure... if people using the modding service are dumb enough to open a bug report with CG on an account that isn't theirs......

lol

How people are caught is a totally different topic. Posting evidence on YT makes it pretty easy, yeah?

One of the content creators (DBOfficial) had someone cheat against him live on stream. Opponent got max banners against a decked out DR/Malak team back when that was meta even though the best team he had to attack with was some g8 rebels (or something equally useless). Evidence was given to CG but the cheater remains unbanned to this day so even when they are handed cheaters on a plate it seems that they may lack the time/desire to take action.
  • VaderB1
    146 posts Member
    Options
    BVH3030 wrote: »
    @TVF said it's true, so it must be.

Snarky Kyno best Kyno

Hmmm think he's going to delete his own post for violations of Terms of Service everyone is so strongly defending? "This includes deliberately trying to cause an argument by making sarcastic, off-topic, rude or disruptive posts, and discussions." The post seems both sarcastic and off-topic, as well as calling out someone in the forums which is also specifically against the terms of service.

Pot, meet kettle.

Firstly, yes I was trying to be a little funny.

I think we can all agree that if we fully enforced the Forum Guidelines to the letter this conversation wouldn't even be here. In all honesty 99% of the violations we have removed are profanity.

Discussions like this are hard and we try to do our best to let it happen and keep things somewhat in line.

Dont worry I know I am the worst person in the world, I have come to terms with that. That doesnt mean we can have a constructive conversation about this.

To answer a few points I see:
    They didnt ban his main account (I know it's been said multiple times but people still come here with "unban him", which is not totally accurate).

From my understanding they did communicate why this is going on when it happened with him directly.

Each case of cheating is handled independently and on a case by case basis.
    IMO, no matter how things are handled with each case...when someone makes a move like that, that is in direct violation of a set of rules, they put the person on the enforcement side of things in a difficult spot and that can mean they have no choice but to act in accordance with the rules they have.

But I am not going to pretend to know all the details.

Honestly surprised you poked your head in here. Thought it was SOP to let the fire burn itself out, or is it possible this one has legs? I dunno maybe, but I figure this will all blow over in a couple days, still I'm surprised you are responding here.
  • VaderB1
    146 posts Member
    Options
    People don't read walls of text, its a shame profanity and short witty insults get deleted.