Ahnalds account [MERGE]

Replies

• VaderB1
    146 posts Member
    Options
    Neeklus1 wrote: »
    Still no official response from CG. Are they just going to try and sweep this under the rug?

They have been weeding out comments left an right, should probably be close to 500 now, of course they are going to ignore this.

We will fuss and yell, but unfortunately by Wednesday this won't even matter.

This is the way
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    Certainly seems like a tough call. Ahnald reports a bug on his account that only occurs if it was transferred from China. CG can either:
    A) Ignore this account transfer that was figuratively shoved in their faces, allowing Ahnald to post future videos about how he can violate TOS.
    B) Apply the TOS penalty for the infraction and show that even an account that spends a lot of money will be held to the same standards.

In both cases CG will face the onslaught of negative opinions. I think the policy of banning accounts for sharing is silly, but it is what it is.
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    Options
    Selbs wrote: »
    You seriously cant tell me a lawyer didnt know what door they were opening and the risks associated. He did. Its like 5 people speeding, and 1 gets caught. Doesnt make the 1 amy less guilty. A lawyer knows this. You all are in the wrong and so is he and he knows it.

It’s like going to jail for Jaywalking. CG is just being petty & just trying to flex their muscle

I dont disagree with this statement. However much I do, it doesnt detract from the fact he brok TOS..

Aslo, unlike the law of the land that is supposed to be aoplied equally and uniformly, CG is in control of their own laws. They can choose what ro enforce and what not ro.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    2. The other issue (unconfirmed) is that the account was originally a chinese account so there might be illegal crystal purchases (in the past) or since China is removing the game and CG is no longer supporting it after the next Title Update, the account was going to go away eventually

Let me clarify something here. First of all, if the account is a Chinese account, you can still continue playing if even after its being taken off the Chinese app store. You just need to download the game from a non-Chinese app store. But you will still face the issue that the in-game purchase remains deactivated (because that censorship is linked to the game account).

So unlike Ahnald showed in his video, the disappearing of the crystal purchase screen is NOT a bug. It works intended for Chinese accounts. Unfortunately, Ahnald kinda got baited when he reported the perceived "bug". Since he's known to CG as a public person it is easy to see that it's not his account but belonged to someone else. Thus BAN.

Sure it's sad this account got banned. But on the other hand, Ahnald won't be able to make any in-game purchase on this account anyway. CG/EA told me they are technically not able to migrate any Chinese game account progress to overseas game accounts.

So looking at the long-term perspective, ban or not, this account is more or less useless for content creation moving forward (at least if you want to showcase some new P2P stuff they bring out). So imho Ahnald (and the community) should not be too mad about it.

By the way, all Chinese players got censored from in-game purchase recently and nobody really cares here in the forum. It's kinda ironic the most prominent SWGOH Youtuber got affected by it too and that took the case critical.
  • Options
    Honestly, if they want to lose a huge chunk of their dedicated player base, taking away their community is the best way to do it. The game definitely doesn't have the mechanics to support a community. The chat system is an afterthought. No community interaction other than reading banners for TB and TW placements. This all being in game, of course. Since this game is first and foremost for the 1%, just take the game off the market, give them their own servers, and have them face developers and bots. Might as well since the rest of us are now being told not to even talk about the game.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Ok so i get the ban. Fine whatever.

Why in the world is there a screen grab of cg negotiating with a whale cheater?

Thats not good. Thats a real problem. Are we going to see that get fixed?
  • Options
    Free Ahnald!

Or you know, re-instate the Gamechanger program. Ahnald only accepted and spent money on this account because CG took away his Gamechanger account - the man just wants pay CG to do his job, a job which happens to be free advertising for CG.
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Options
    Arnold guy must be absolutely loving this thread. Wow , are you guys all just Arnold shills ? You must be Arnold shills. Because who would make a big deal over this accept for someone on Arnold guys payroll. You guys must work for Arnold. How could you defend him unless you work for him. Shill.

• PixelPenguin448
    8 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Stick wrote: »
    Arnold guy must be absolutely loving this thread. Wow , are you guys all just Arnold shills ? You must be Arnold shills. Because who would make a big deal over this accept for someone on Arnold guys payroll. You guys must work for Arnold. How could you defend him unless you work for him. Shill.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not but dude.... It's not just the fact that one of Ahnald's accounts got banned but the fact that they negotiated with a confirmed cheater yet they won't talk to any one of us.

Edit - Also, nice grammar.
  • Options
    That guy still has a YouTube channel? Got tired of all the self promoting click bait tactics a long time ago.

Makes me like CG even more
  • PixelPenguin448
    8 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Twilight wrote: »
    They deleted an entire page worth of comments.

Is that what happened? I thought it was just me, lel.
  • Options
    Bad move CG. This man has provided great content something your developers can’t seem to do. I’ve spend money on this game because of his videos. You guys are lucky that there isn’t another Star Wars game available because you’d be out of business. At this point I’m not going to spend a single dime on this game.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Why in the world is there a screen grab of cg negotiating with a whale cheater?
    Thats not good. Thats a real problem. Are we going to see that get fixed?

Most of the guys here don't get it why EA banned Ahnald but negotiate with cheaters. I tell you why.

1. Those Cheaters are whales. They spent big money on this game thus CG negotiate with them (actually invite them) to come back continue spending.

2. The account used by Ahnald is a Chinese account. Moving forward, all Chinese accounts cannot do in-game purchasing anymore. Thus EA/CG cannot generate more money from this account anyway. Thus direct BAN.

I guess if Ahnalds account can still be used to spend money, he would've received a letter from EA/CG for making a deal.
  • Options
    Wolverines wrote: »
    That guy still has a YouTube channel? Got tired of all the self promoting click bait tactics a long time ago.

I wonder how you found this forum post.... through one of the content creators perhaps? Ahnald is among the top content creators for this game, if not, the top one, the amount of love and effort he puts into his videos and into his community is amazing!

Go think about that...
  • ITkid
    2 posts Member
    Options
    Still dont understand why you would do this to one of the biggest marketing contributors for the game CG. Maybe its personal, maybe you guys just have no business sense. Either way, it's not too late to realise that this is obviously a mistake on your end, to restore the account would be a good first step for making things right for the community. Your paying community...
  • Options
    When the devs got mad in another online game I played they banned 21 accounts from the same dude and 4 of his whale friends. Annald was lucky
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    ITkid wrote: »
    Still dont understand why you would do this to one of the biggest marketing contributors for the game CG. Maybe its personal, maybe you guys just have no business sense. Either way, it's not too late to realise that this is obviously a mistake on your end, to restore the account would be a good first step for making things right for the community. Your paying community...

Imagine CG told Ahnald, "Hey, Ahnald, you are using a Chinese account from someone else (it's against ToS but no big deal for you buddy). This account can't be used to spend money anymore. But no problem, we will transfer the game progress to a non-chinese account, so you can continue use it for content creation and spend money through it. Deal?"

I think this might be a deal. But then it would also be a slap into the faces of all Chinese players, who don't get such a VIP treatment.

Not trying to play down this and definitely not advocate CG. Just want to show a different perspective...
  • Options

I wonder how you found this forum post.... through one of the content creators perhaps? Ahnald is among the top content creators for this game, if not, the top one, the amount of love and effort he puts into his videos and into his community is amazing!

Go think about that...

Thought about it and stand by my words. Found out about it by looking in the forums... shocking.

You can put love and effort into your work but if it’s going against company policy be prepared to be disciplined.
  • Options
    AntiFunn wrote: »

Go think about that...

Thought about it and stand by my words. Found out about it by looking in the forums... shocking.

You can put love and effort into your work but if it’s going against company policy be prepared to be disciplined.

Ok Boomer

Ok kid

Is your goal here to be an ****? Because it is working...

I stated my opinion and you got offended and responded. Nothing more, nothing less
  • Options
    hakfts783xpv.jpeg
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    Options
    On cheating, to cg's credit i have reported a cheater that i believe was banned (cg didnt confirm but responded that they would look into, and after some time his account went inactive). His account remains inactive now, so at least some cheaters are being controlled i believe. I also haven't been suspect of cheats for some time in gac now.

However, what ahnald did is nothing. Nobody (well no player that i know of) is complaining about account sharing. Go ahead and change the terms of service on this matter, this move is not helping anyone.
  • Options
    I can understand there being consequences to violating “terms and conditions”, BUT,

1) if you enforce rules, enforce rules on all, including cheaters (which obviously exist)

2) inflicting punishment because of light criticism is ridiculous, especially when the critic is one of the only reasons people play (and spend on) this game.

3) maybe if CG took the advice of youtubers and unanswered Q/As, more people would play the game and less would boycott/rant

4) as far as violating terms goes, this account banned was WILLINGLY given for the purpose of advertising SWGoH, and while that is a violation, it is more of a benefit to everyone (including CG)

5) wether it is admitted or not, CG does not care about players or the community, only $$$. Players and youtubers alike have been screwed time and time again (Malak incident, banning test accounts, GL characters, extremely delayed RA, bullying youtubers - particularly when they celebrate another game - , and now this).

EA should take notes, as Customer Service is everything in 2020, and CG is currently failing. Players should enjoy playing a game and feel valued as a customer. Being afraid to ask for a refund, being unsure if your account will be banned for absurd reasons, feeling like your voice doesn’t matter in a Q/A, and being ignored by devs - this is the 2020 state of many players. I hope for the sake of all of us that either CG learns or EA notices.

• Dreapool
    55 posts Member
    Options
    Not another dime till unbanned or given test account. Period. Get your stuff together. If you cant take a little constructive criticism quit development, go into politics and get a Twitter account.
  • Options
    Ahnald?
    Never heard of her.
    Must be hawt tho seeing all these knights in shining armor coming to her defense.
    Hmmmm
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    My issue is why only EA responding and not CG. Where the hack is CG, why are they not responding??