Galactic Challenges MEGA

Replies

• Options
    Affy wrote: »
    Lazy RA.
    As a RA I expect to see a little more the ideas of the the devs regarding this game.
    They could tell us, about the Q&A? Vader will be or not nerfed?
    Tease us about new releases and the time/era (SW) it will be related.

I suspect the problem is, due to the delays and the expectation, anything they released was likely to be received as a bit “meh”.

I agree with Edison. If this has come pre Luke and Vader rework it could have been quite exciting. For a road ahead it’s a bit light. Less a motorway of information, more like a country track. My concern is, if this is the road ahead, is there nothing else in the pipeline?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited for this. In theory it sounds fresh and fun. But is that all we’re looking at for the next quarter?

But I don’t think it’s a Road Ahead. It doesn’t live up to the name.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Options
    Sounds like a good start but I can’t believe it took them this long to release that. Horrible communication again.
  • Options
    The playerbase: "Please sir, may I have some more?"
    CG: "You can't have your pudding until you've eaten your $99.99 Hyperdrive Bundle!"
    Chained since '16
  • TayloRen
    121 posts Member
    Options
    I don't see anything in the text related to proprietary IP that would require so many delays and "approvals". Excited for daily playable content, but confused about why this took so long to talk about.
  • Lrrr
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Like if this was dropping today with the announcement, I could understand the delay, but I’m unimpressed.

No raid. A 3 paragraph RA, 7 months after the last Road Ahead was just talking about the hyperdrive bundle and journey guide.

CG you all are about to lose another spender for good.
  • Options
    Turasleon wrote: »
    Neat. Should not have taken three months to write up. All that buildup for this, crazy.

Lol. It’s been typed up for 6 months. Just took CG 8 months to hit Post.
  • Edison
    154 posts Member
    Options
    Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited for this. In theory it sounds fresh and fun. But is that all we’re looking at for the next quarter?

Maybe this is still Q2 RA, and we're due for a Q3 one in a week :expressionless:
  • Options
    So you delayed like 5 separate times, and took 6 months... for this? Not only that but it's been like 10 months since you started talking about this so it's clearly been worked on for a while. This is all you can talk about?

This is basically just galactic war with feats from gac, meaning that mid game players will likely miss out on a bunch, along with the hokey environment and unit bonuses from territory wars when they tried to spice things up.

How is this terribly new or fresh?

This seems like just another thing to get rewards but not actually enjoyable to do in and of itself. Now don't get me wrong, we need better rewards in the game, so if they're great then cg bravo for getting half of it right. But we need to have fun stuff to do that's simply fun to do AND rewards our effort.
  • Options
    Please don't lock this new game mode behind daily activities. If this game mode is any good and meant to allow for repeated play it would be nice to be able to participate in it before I do my arena climb which is more efficient to do just before payout.
  • Affy
    64 posts Member
    Options
    Edison wrote: »

Maybe this is still Q2 RA, and we're due for a Q3 one in a week :expressionless:

I wish you were right. However, I fear I must award this trophy for eternal optimism instead.

• Lrrr
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Edison wrote: »

Lol
  • Options
    Serious statement and not just a smart **** comment:

Tell me why this isn’t just a revamped Galactic War that I will have fun with at first but eventually view as a chore to complete on a daily basis.
  • Options
    Please don't lock this new game mode behind daily activities. If this game mode is any good and meant to allow for repeated play it would be nice to be able to participate in it before I do my arena climb which is more efficient to do just before payout.

this^^^^ very good point. Cg don't make us torpedo our climbs in order to be able to play your game when it's convenient for us
  • TAZZZOOO
    245 posts Member
    Options
    Mupper00 wrote: »
    Where’s the Death Star raid :( come on this is Star Wars after all ?

It got cancelled, likely in favour of this.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Pretty much what I thought the post was going to be. However, I was hoping to see a few other things around increase in challenge levels.

I'm not disappointed in the RA but definitely not excited. The only question in my mind is "when?".

Sure I'd like to good rewards as well but I dont care about that nearly as much as I do with the timeline.
  • TVF
    36633 posts Member
    Options
    RAs *always* come with questions unanswered.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Serious statement and not just a smart **** comment:

Tell me why this isn’t just a revamped Galactic War that I will have fun with at first but eventually view as a chore to complete on a daily basis.

Is there any game mode that can't be eventually viewed as a chore, though? This looks like a solid attempt at variety in PvE, it could at least take some time to completely figure out all combinations.
  • Kronen
    306 posts Member
    Options
    Basically still no new content. This is just another list of accomplishments to hunt down for a pittance of resources or a new title for your profile. Back in January they gave us a whole list of what they don't consider actual new content. What have we gotten??? Everything on their list and told to be happy about it. The one highlight has been Jedi Luke but they purposely nerfed him out the gate making galactic legends immune to his skills.
  • Options

This! When I start climbing in fleet arena its almost around 6 pm. The whole day spending looking at endless hoard of content... wooh
  • Options
    I'd have to see the rewards before giving an opinion. I will say that I hope they've considered how to counter bots.
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Kronen wrote: »
    Basically still no new content. This is just another list of accomplishments to hunt down for a pittance of resources or a new title for your profile. Back in January they gave us a whole list of what they don't consider actual new content. What have we gotten??? Everything on their list and told to be happy about it. The one highlight has been Jedi Luke but they purposely nerfed him out the gate making galactic legends immune to his skills.

You are aware that the feats aren't the main part, right?
  • VaderB1
    146 posts Member
    Options
    They went from this...

Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes Forums
    New player? Check out the new player index
    Road Ahead: 1/31/2019
    CG_CarrieCG_Carrie
    January 2019 edited January 2019 in Dev Announcements and News
    Hello Holotable Heroes!

After an exciting end of the year with the release of Grand Arena, C3PO, and Han’s Millennium Falcon, the Capital Games offices are bustling again with plans for the upcoming quarters. We’ve spent much of the past few months focusing on the roadmap, including a bold and somewhat audacious five-year vision, but as always, I’m here to talk a little bit about the next couple of months.
    When we sit down to plan the next year’s roadmap, one of the key things that we focus on is learnings from the previous one. Since so much of the core of the game is collecting and strategizing with the iconic characters and ships from the Star Wars universe, we are constantly learning and, when necessary, adjusting the way we release them - especially the types of events we run and their cadence. To ensure that we bring you awesome new Star Wars content in a way that feels balanced, fair, and allows you to really dig in and enjoy each moment, we’re continuing to work on the balance between Marquees, reworks, “achievement characters” (more on that in a moment), and Legendaries/Hero’s Journey/Ancient Journeys.
    While we are finessing the delivery systems, we also want to try a couple of different formats. To that end, we will be releasing the Emperor’s Command Shuttle in a new event called the Galactic Chase. This event will take place on one of the Cantina holotables, as the Command Shuttle will be immediately released to specific nodes there. This will allow you to earn shards of the ship while accruing other resources and completing daily activities that you would already be doing anyway on these nodes. We hope that you enjoy the way this celebrates the arrival of a new ship - without requiring a separate energy grind.
    Alongside this and the more traditional events, we will be introducing more achievement-based characters this year. They may show up as actual achievement rewards or in currency shops (such as Wampa and Hermit Yoda). We’ll be able to talk about that more in-depth in coming months.

Quality of Life
    As always, we begin the year with a Quality of Life update. Many of the items that have populated our Quality of Life list comes from things we’ve seen you talk about on the forums, feedback we’ve received from customer satisfaction surveys, and the actual play patterns and feedback we see reflected in how you play the game. We also always look for time saving opportunities as we recognize that subsequent updates often require an increased amount of time spent in the game.

To that end, one of our big QOL features this year is going to be raid simming. If a guild has beaten the Heroic Rancor raid a certain number of times and a (to be determined) number of guild members have Han Solo at 7*, the guild will be able to sim completion of the Rancor Raid and all guild members will receive equal rewards. While we are still tuning the exact rewards, the intention is to keep the inflow of rewards but allow guilds to enjoy the rewards and spend their time on new content without having to repeat the version of an event they’ve mastered. At this time, we are only activating raid simming on the Rancor, but will be able to explore adding it to the other raids at a later date. We should note, that if, for any reason, you don't want to sim the Rancor, you always have the option to play through the way it is currently with the current reward distribution.

To save players time and for convenience of squad selection and management – we will be adding the squad management button to the Character Inventory screen. This will replace the “Buy Data Cards” button that is currently there. Our data showed that was the least used button on that screen. Once on the squad select screen, more information will be surface at the top level, including the character name (in case you’re having difficulty telling your Jawas apart), Gear level, and a brand new “shared” indicator. This can be turned on from inside the character management pages, where you can indicate whether you want to be notified of any duplicate characters being used within a single tab. This will allow you to more easily use the tabs to fill out complete rosters for Territory Wars/Battles/the Raids/etc. We’ve added similar functionality for Mod Loadout management as well.

d9blfcgs62oe.png

We are also excited to bring you changes to the in-combat buff/debuff user interface. A new button has been added to the screen to allow you to quickly turn on or off the full buff display and reveal more of the screen. With it off, a few key buffs (such as Taunt, Foresight, and unique buffs) will be visible, but after a certain number of buffs have been applied, “lower-priority” buffs will be collapsed behind an overall numeric indicator of the number of active buffs/debuffs. You can use the new toggle to expand to the full buff list, or you can keep them hidden. You can also tap to expand or collapse individual character buff/debuff lists. New buffs/debuffs will flash briefly before docking behind the minimized window. This feature is one of the items inside of our beta test that we are asking players to provide feedback on, and we will make modifications to the number of visible icons, which buffs are prioritized, and other factors based on how our beta testers respond. As always, if you’re interested in becoming a beta tester, keep an eye on the official SWGOH forums for when we look for new candidates.

We are also looking to improve the matchmaking of the Grand Arena. One of the clearest improvements we could make based on the data from the first few runs is that when ships are not used in the Grand Arena, ship GP will not contribute to matchmaking. While we will not reveal all the components of the matchmaking formula, we will continue to adjust certain aspects and explain them when relevant. There are a number of other quality of life polish and bug fixes going into the update, which all be revealed in the patch notes on the official forums.

New Content
    February is going to be differently themed than the past two years, as we are VERY excited to bring you Separatist droids! We’ve given a lot of attention to various aspects of the universe in the past two years, particularly the Original Trilogy and The Old Republic. With the return of The Clone Wars animated series (#clonewarslives), we are excited to explore more content from The Clone Wars animated series.
    This includes a Marquee for the B1 Battle Droid, who will appear as a single unit on the battlefield, but whose abilities reflect the pervasiveness of the seemingly un-ending units behind it.
    Additionally we are going to be releasing the Droideka, the shielded destroyer droids, who, combined with the B1, the rework of the B2 Battle Droid, and rework of the Magnaguard all serve at the behest of one particular droid commander. *cough*

General Grievous is getting a rework, and we are very excited to tie that into the rest of the Clone Wars droids in a way that fulfills the fantasy of this strategic Separatist battlefield commander.
    And that’s all for now! There will be more information as always in the coming weeks if you hop on over to the official forums.
    You hear that meatbags? I will be back!

-Carrie Gouskos, Senior Producer

<<MEGATHREAD>>
    Flag · 103Like
    This discussion has been closed.

ToTo This....

Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes Forums
    New player? Check out the new player index

The Road Ahead - 6/26/2020
    CG_TopHatCG_TopHat
    3:45PM in Dev Announcements and News
    Hi Holotable Heroes,

We’re excited to begin sharing details about the next feature coming to the holotables in Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes: Galactic Challenges.

Our main goal for this feature is to provide more activities for players each day. We hear players asking for more ways to use their growing roster of units and want more than just new events that you can master quickly or sim. Galactic Challenges are the first in a series of features (similar to how Grand Arena was the basis for Grand Arena Championships) that will work together to offer new ways to utilize your collection.

What are Galactic Challenges:
    Galactic Challenges are a new type of event that will feature interesting combat puzzles which will change on a regular basis. These events will feature a rotation of different enemy factions, allowing you to test out different parts of your collection. What makes Galactic Challenges an interesting twist from other forms of combat is the introduction of randomly selected combat modifiers to constantly change up the puzzle. Modifiers can come in 3 different forms: Environmental, Enemy, and Player.

We want to keep these bonuses and match ups thematic, but use a variety of options to keep the challenges unique and interesting. For example, Environmental modifiers come from the planet or location and apply to both the player and enemy (e.g. Hoth could have a modifier called Frost Bite that makes all units more vulnerable). Enemy modifiers are tied to the enemy faction, so Imperial Troopers could have a positive modifier called Imperial Assault that gives them offense up, but also a negative modifier called Pew Pew which makes them hit less. Player modifiers can also be positive or negative and applied to the player’s units. The different environments, enemy factions and combat modifiers (positive and negative) combine to create fresh and interesting challenges.

The Challenge in Galactic Challenges:
    We’re still working out some of the details (like at what level Galactic Challenges unlock), but our intention is for Galactic Challenges to offer an appropriate challenge for you wherever you are in the game. There will be multiple tiers of increasing difficulty and players can attempt them all to earn rewards, but we’ll recommend a starting tier based on your collection.

In addition to playing the base mission for the tier, each tier may feature Feats. Feats will add an additional layer of complexity to the puzzle, so while you can bring your favorite squad into battle, Feats will challenge you to complete the battle with additional conditions to earn more rewards.

Schedule for Galactic Challenges:
    You’ll earn access to the Galactic Challenges by completing Daily Activities. Once you’ve qualified to enter the event for the day, you’ll be able to play any tier - and importantly, you’ll be able to play as many times as you like for that day to attempt to complete as many Tiers and Feats as possible.

Similar to Grand Arena Championships, we’ll release Galactic Challenges in an Exhibition Season format. During this time, we’ll try out different versions of the event and see which combinations work best - but we’re currently envisioning event durations of 24 hours to 7 days with 7 tiers of difficulty and 3 feats per tier.

That’s all we have for today, but we look forward to sharing more details about Galactic Challenges in future posts!

How very very sad.

• Options
    Seems like we‘ll be getting more posts soon... NEW CONTENT FINALLY YAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!
  • Iy4oy4s
    2940 posts Member
    Options
    I just cant wrap my head around how this took over 8 months to create....with it possibly being another month before we see it....also, how do you not have all the details worked out? Which level it unlocks at? Shouldn't that take an hour to figure out....
  • Options
    Seems like we‘ll be getting more posts soon... NEW CONTENT FINALLY YAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

They gave no time reference for those up coming posts. We have no idea when they'll drop. Normally they'd say in the next few weeks or something. Dont hold your breath.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    I just cant wrap my head around how this took over 8 months to create....with it possibly being another month before we see it....also, how do you not have all the details worked out? Which level it unlocks at? Shouldn't that take an hour to figure out....

Possibly due to the random modifiers - so far, everything was hard set so maybe they needed to build a whole framework that allows moving parts without someone setting it manually every time.
  • Options
    Turasleon wrote: »

They gave no time reference for those up coming posts. We have no idea when they'll drop. Normally they'd say in the next few weeks or something. Dont hold your breath.

So let's see... it took 8 months to be able to post what we got, so it will probably be 2 months per post explaining it, add another 6 months waiting on approval, add 4 months for adjustments because we got 67 new characters, carry the one, and I'd say a random 4-12 months for bug removal, so we get this 2022!

Chained since '16