6-A Mods Discussion

Replies

• Options
    Mods are boring, total trash. Please bring some playable content and I mean playable not payable.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    kalidor wrote: »
    Looks like the secondary that's increased is random again. Too bad the material isn't tied to a secondary slot, so that you can specifically target a secondary once you're at 6*.

But as we approach maxes on secondaries you will have better odds of hitting on other stats.

Also, you can say it, speed, everyone wants to upgrade speed.

And offence!!!
    This is the Way
  • Gavsta
    203 posts Member
    Options
    Just No!!!
    Just 👎!!!
    Just not a good idea!!!
    Just meh!!!!
  • Options
    SerWulfgar wrote: »

Huge possible backfire: 6E is tied to g12. If 6D is tied to lets say r4, then this idea is instantly horrible

Don't give them ideas!
  • Gavsta
    203 posts Member
    Options
    oh yeah.... just what we all want. Extra stuff to farm to put on our characters.
    I mean, all I've been asking for is a level increase, a star increase for the characters & a mod level increase.... who wants new gameplay, when we can just have an extra layer of farming?
    Has anyone over there tried to farm and work on mods? Getting current materials for mods right now is a struggle.... why add an extra layer?
    Most people despise mods and work on them as a necessity, putting extra layers on a game element that people openly despise is a tad annoying...

... I tell you what, instead of making server space for this, why not just make space so we can increase the mod cap??? That'd be a decent Quality of Life update.... this is a 'smash your phone' update.... pointless and annoying!! I bet there are packs for this tho!!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Gavsta wrote: »
    oh yeah.... just what we all want. Extra stuff to farm to put on our characters.
    I mean, all I've been asking for is a level increase, a star increase for the characters & a mod level increase.... who wants new gameplay, when we can just have an extra layer of farming?
    Has anyone over there tried to farm and work on mods? Getting current materials for mods right now is a struggle.... why add an extra layer?
    Most people despise mods and work on them as a necessity, putting extra layers on a game element that people openly despise is a tad annoying...

... I tell you what, instead of making server space for this, why not just make space so we can increase the mod cap??? That'd be a decent Quality of Life update.... this is a 'smash your phone' update.... pointless and annoying!! I bet there are packs for this tho!!

Since this farm is completely independent on all other farms, I don't see it as a problem. This won't affect existing mod material farm (which I don't generally have a problem with, btw) whatsoever, it just provides another chance to add speed to "failed" mods or make good ones a little bit better so one could even argue that less "normal" mod materials will end up wasted.
    Agreed on the mod cap though. It's super annoying and will be even worse now that more mods have a chance to be good.
    Edit for clarification: by "independent", I mean that it doesn't interfere with them by for example using the same energy, not that it doesn't require them first.
    Post edited by Nauros on
  • Gavsta
    203 posts Member
    Options
    I don't message often here.... and I rarely say anything negative...
    ... but, just so my last two posts are clear....
    This is a terrible idea.
    It is a horrific prospect for me to have another layer of farming.
    This is NOT new content.
    This is NOT fun.
    This will NOT fix the 'so-called' speed issues (same way 6E didn't) and that is
    I'm not happy about this.
    I mean, why??? Really, just why???
    Everytime something ridiculously pointless like this is done, long-time players are just thinking more & more 'what's the point!!??'.
    Along with GL farming, where's the gameplay? Add layers of gameplay, not layers of farming.
    I will NEVER spend a penny on this game, every penny spent by players is devalued by every step taken like this which reduces the value of what has already been farmed/purchased.
    I feel bad for those who have spent good money on mods & mod materials (I suppose characters... etc as well), just for that investment to be reduced in value due to this new level.

I don't like it, it is not good, there is no upside, you're just pushing your player base further & further away as well as making it easier for everyone to put the gane down.... thanks.
  • Gavsta
    203 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    This is stupid and ill timed.

Here’s what we want....

- A new raid

No. This isn't what 'we' want. I want you guys to shut up about adding something like that.

Seconded

A new raid will be an awful experience

I don't agree, I'd rather have playable content rather than an extra layer of pointless farming.
  • Gavsta
    203 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »

Since this farm is completely independent on all other farms, I don't see it as a problem. This won't affect existing mod material farm (which I don't generally have a problem with, btw) whatsoever, it just provides another chance to add speed to "failed" mods or make good ones a little bit better so one could even argue that less "normal" mod materials will end up wasted.
    Agreed on the mod cap though. It's super annoying and will be even worse now that more mods have a chance to be good.

Yes, it can be viewed as independent....
    But it's still an extra layer of farming.... plus, there's the requirement to get to 6E (which is not easy) first.
    So, instead of farming a mod to 5A, or to 6E. Now there's an extra layer.
    Any mod farming materials are a pain to farm, the 6E materials are even worse, and now the 6A.

Getting the 6E materials will require currency. Currency which I'm sure could be used elsewhere.
    Currently, good 5A mods can compete against 6E mods.... this extra layer opens that distance... so now, going into battle with decent mods (blue, purple, gold) vs 6A mods is not a massive hindrance, but with this new 6E.... and the massive increase in relic'd toons it'll be a larger handicap.

I'm not sure if it'll truly benefit 'failed' mods, as why waste 6E materials (which are likely to be more rare/difficult to obtain that 6A materials) on mods that don't get the full benefit? Same way we sparingly use our 6A materials.
  • Options
    Jpolson43 wrote: »
    Gul_Ski09 wrote: »
    Jpolson43 wrote: »
    I'm pretty stoked. Requires people to think even more about mods and upgrading. There will be all new theory and priorities on modding. Will make LSTB easier. Not many drawbacks.

Right now mods are the only thing that differentiate people's lineups. This will make more thoughtful players better.

Technically it only applies for top tier teams, for example Kylo vs Kylo. Otherwise the toons kits themselves will kill everything not Kylo...
    Example: You can put all the 6-A mods you want on your Clone team, they still won't beat Kylo.

Correct. But there's a lot of things out there besides arena.

You're right! We can put 6-A mods on Lobot and rule the Galactic War table!
  • Mupper00
    124 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    This is stupid and ill timed.

Here’s what we want....

- A new raid

No. This isn't what 'we' want. I want you guys to shut up about adding something like that.

Seconded

A new raid will be an awful experience

I don't agree, I'd rather have playable content rather than an extra layer of pointless farming.

A new raid .....hell a new raid each year should be a minimum.

Honestly this Ultra fella must be a CG employee . Look at the facts, he seems to live on the forums ( makes sense he’s in the office at cg doing it as a paid job ) . And then is negative against new playable content?! Lol

Back on topic, this mod slicing is a good thing.
    It’ll make geo Tb a little bit more bearable and lessen the pain.

Even out the player base with regards to speed on mods as it’s capped at rolling 5x still.
  • Options
    The only good thing about gc was I didn't feel like I needed to work at it. Now I need to focus on getting mod material or fall behind in other areas.

One more step down the railroad of playing the game one way. Wish they would start unlocking some gates instead of just adding new ones.
  • Options
    I think other people have stated the general idea, but I'm very unclear on how 6A mods reduce the "speed meta" impact of speed secondaries. Speed remains king here (or queen; whatever monarchy you prefer).

I still have the opportunity to attempt to get +speed on up to 5 rolls, assuming I can obtain the materials from Galactic Challenges (and the Sith health recovery puzzle has given me doubts). And now my +20 or +25 speed mods with 5 rolls already have even more potential worth*, because I can attempt to up the values on the offense, health, or whatever values have only single or double rolls to increase the overall usefulness of the speed-focused mod. Speed is still what reigns supreme: getting to +5.0% offense on a mod isn't going to matter if my toon never takes a turn.

*My three +25 mods all have ridiculous, unassociated secondary-to-primary relationships, because I had no idea what I was doing for the first year. Or two... It's also entirely likely I sold mods with speed values of +15, but I'm glad I'll never truly know.
  • Stryde
    152 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Forgive me for not being excited. Mod management is already a chore. In-game mod management tools are rudimentary, at best. Adding more farming and work to a part of the game that was already like work.... :/

Of all of the things the developers could have been working on, you went with this, huh?

I think the old "do they actually play their own game?" question is being answered clearly by this and the GC rewards.

They really need to upgrade mod inventory and management

I don’t mind power progression as long as there is some good content with it

Exactly. To you both, although I think the first quote gets hidden. My questions below are rhetorical, please.

Do CG developers actually play the game (as a player, not a god tester), Nikoms? I doubt it. They aren't logging in for energy refreshes, that feels certain, in my opinion.

Could we get a better mod management tool, Ultra? Absolutely. Take 1 minute to try and sell a mod equipped on a character or to isolate three stats you do not want, and anybody has a better management or tool idea. I don't want to get good with what I have, I'm asking for better.

After an hour this weekend doing my monthly mod sale (Must go! No offer refused!), I'm surprised my kids still call me Daddy.

[EDITED for user error with bolding]
  • Starslayer
    2421 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Stryde wrote: »
    I think other people have stated the general idea, but I'm very unclear on how 6A mods reduce the "speed meta" impact of speed secondaries. Speed remains king here (or queen; whatever monarchy you prefer).

It doens't reduce the speed meta, but it reduces RNG to get speedy mods, because you have 9 rolls to obtain 5 speeds instead of needing a perfect 5. The 5 cap will allow more people to have very speedy mods.

There always will be a "the fastest start the fight" situation, but the speed discrepancy between players will be reduced..

Post edited by Starslayer on
  • Options
    Right now speed is what matters on most mods. And we have reached a point where most players who have been around for even a little while have at least a few pretty decent mod sets.

But each toon usually has 2-3 stats that really matter. Like speed + offense, speed + potency, etc.
    So this change will make it possible to further optimize the mods on each character.

This is also going to mean that those who do well in GCs will earn more of these mods more quickly.
    The players who consistently do well in GCs tend to be those with more fully developed rosters. The rest may be able to do well in a couple of GCs but lack the factions to succeed in others.
    The well rounded will be the first ones to have stronger arena teams as a result of this.

So what this is really doing is something that many have been asking for. For a long time, many people have been upset with the arena structures because they see a player with half their GP build up a single good team or fleet and start taking top ranks.

Those long term players with complete rosters now have a way to differentiate themselves and to make their teams hold better defensively.

There has been talk from CG for awhile about changing things up and making it so that the game wasn’t so skewed towards arena rewards (crystals) being so heavily favored.
    This is another step towards doing that.
  • Options
    Not a big deal after reading don’t need to roll speed anymore
    It's more that you get 4 more chances to roll a 5th speed increase on your +20 speed mod
  • Options
    Why are these new mats earned through galactic challenges? I’m guessing we’ll need to gear up each faction to relics just to have a shot at beating the feat that rewards these...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Why are these new mats earned through galactic challenges? I’m guessing we’ll need to gear up each faction to relics just to have a shot at beating the feat that rewards these...

Just like ships and zetas. Or new raids and new gear (at the time). Each thing they introduce gets it's own somewhat unique reward to help drive participation and "reward" focus and effort.

Generally speaking yes, everything that comes out has "max development" in mind. They work towards setting an end goal of "max everything". Rewarding development and progress.
  • Options
    I don't think is going to help me, or maybe other veteran players but it does seem great for the new players and whales that jump in and can't catch up (maybe that is the point). I've well over 600 6e Mods. A lot of which are 23, 22 and 21 speeds that now can hit again. Maybe I will get some 29's, granted the last slice will be the only one that actually rolls speed. For older accounts, that have already done the mod farming some of that depth is there. I can start to roll the mods that have good speed that only hit 3 or 4 times, but more importantly have secondary % stats.

I was spending about a vault a week on mod farms and material farming. I guess I should be thankful I usually do my purchasing today for the weekend, and instead I get to spend that $100 elsewhere, because I honestly don't want to waste time farming new mods. I didn't even bother to do the standard refreshes up to 200 or 400. Even if they monetize it, I've just saved myself at minimum 400 a month. I won't need to waste money and crystals farming old slicing mats because I'll be too focused on my existing inventory. Don't know how this helps them from a financial perspective (I'm not buying packs for these as I can just wait it out and likely the value will be horrid), so thanks?
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Just like ships and zetas. Or new raids and new gear (at the time). Each thing they introduce gets it's own somewhat unique reward to help drive participation and "reward" focus and effort.

Generally speaking yes, everything that comes out has "max development" in mind. They work towards setting an end goal of "max everything". Rewarding development and progress.

Ugh, I just think galactic challenges are a terrible event. I liked the minimal rewards because it didn’t matter if I failed to complete feat. Worst case, I miss out on a couple stun guns.

It’s easier to ignore bad events when you can sim them or not lose out on critical items by simply not playing them.
  • Options
    Getting very difficult to find a reason to keep playing this game. No content, just more farms. And what are the odds these upgrades will be purchasable with crystals?
  • LordDirt
    5083 posts Member
    Options
    I hate mods. Worst part of this game. The more they focus on mods the more they push me away from this game.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • TVF
    36683 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    I hate mods. Worst part of this game. The more they focus on mods the more they push me away from this game.

So you weren't around when there were no mods I guess.

Either that or you just have poor mods maybe.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36683 posts Member
    Options
    And lol at everyone who is complaining about a "new farm" when it's nothing of the sort.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Monomer wrote: »
    ...And what are the odds these upgrades will be purchasable with crystals?

Probably very low, at least for now.

Packs for $$, yes.
  • Options
    That sounds good. It would be nice if they gave more information on how much the stats increase. Like they did when slicing mats were released (if you wait 2 weeks for a 0.34% percentage increase on a health %-secondary ... well that is not really worth the wait). Locking the stuff behind the GC feats is not that bad because it slows down the rate at which people can do upgrades. Except for packages of course but that´s ok. They have to make a living from all this.
  • TVF
    36683 posts Member
    Options
    That sounds good. It would be nice if they gave more information on how much the stats increase. Like they did when slicing mats were released (if you wait 2 weeks for a 0.34% percentage increase on a health %-secondary ... well that is not really worth the wait). Locking the stuff behind the GC feats is not that bad because it slows down the rate at which people can do upgrades. Except for packages of course but that´s ok. They have to make a living from all this.

I would assume each stat that rolls has the same possible range as when slicing the 5 dot version.
  • LordDirt
    5083 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »

So you weren't around when there were no mods I guess.

Either that or you just have poor mods maybe.

I have been around close to day one. When they added mods I hated it and yes I am sure all my mods suck.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Nothing changes for slicing, it will all be the same increases we see now when we slice a 5 dot mod from E to A.

The post I believe you are referring to, is about the jump from 5 dot to 6 dot. That was a great post and that is a special situation.

There is nothing "special" about this slicing they are introducing, just more of the same from what we see going from 5E to 5A, just extended for 6E to 6A.