SEE definitely needs a buff!

Replies

• Options
    You guys are funny, you went from "Buff SEE" to "Give me a win button"! You don't want SEE to be "on par" (whatever you understand by that) with the other GLs, you want it to be at his own level, above them all, and I think that's CGs fault for giving a bloated GL as SLKR.

You all are taking as a basis the phrase "Devastating attacker", a phrase you completely took out of context, it is specifically indicated that the Ultimate ability is what transforms SEE into that "Devastating attacker" and it does it by increasing his damage (don't come up with that **** that his multipliers are low or wrong, you all know CG does that intentionally) and giving him an ability that will kill two toons and possibly more. They said he's only a support then ultimate kicks off and he becomes a wrecking ball.

The proposed kit is ridiculous, we were asking for a way less intense tweak on Rey after all the fixes and buffs SLKR got an the Devs did nothing about it, so don't have high hopes, if SEE gets something it will be a little touch up.
  • Options
    Visas isn't doing better than SEE, he stills does more damage in those examples than Visas, but it's close.

Maybe someone with SLKR or Rey can run that mod battle (its the one with g12 resistance) and see what their damage numbers are
  • Options
    Blake085 wrote: »

You all are taking as a basis the phrase "Devastating attacker", a phrase you completely took out of context, it is specifically indicated that the Ultimate ability is what transforms SEE into that "Devastating attacker"

Wordsmithing, I guess.

Now we know "immense" is higher up in CG-speak than "devastating".

fdnpqbymcz8v.jpg
    fhuoo81sxkyf.jpg

Yes, it's true, SEE's Ultimate does unlock the ability to instantly kill linked enemies, but it does not work on GLs, and it's on a 22 turn cooldown.

It's really a gimmick more than anything actually useful. You don't need an instakill on the trash heros in the GL's team, and really Rey's whirlwind is pretty much an instakill for them anyway and hits the whole team not just 2 enemy heros LOL
  • Shadowmaster4
    475 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    As much as it is relevant info and I support finding out the details of her mods, relics, and buffs, I love that we're nitpicking why someone like VISAS MARR is doing better than SEE in any context :D

If the day came during the first GL release that we were comparing SLKR or Rey to someone like Visas Marr, people would be outraged. But for SEE we just see it as another day in paradise. That speaks volumes

Its probably because details matter. Have a GL is not an "I win" button, things like mods and other factors can matter.

Yes you can mod and team CUP to hit like a poorly molded GAS, maybe even an ok, but kind of wrong GAS.

Your willingness to ignore that, also speaks volumes. We get it you want a buff, but that's no reason to say there is no value in a conversation.

Wow you put a lot of words in my mouth.

I literally said the info is relevant, I just thought it was funny. I never said it had no value in the conversation, just that it had comedic value. Maybe get off your soapbox for a second.

Also I'm gonna say nobody unmods their SEE for a mod battle, so until you also ask what mods their SEE had on, comparing him to that Visas is not the same as a CUP vs a poorly done GAS. Because SEE may not have been poorly done in that.

AND I never even implied he should be an "I win" button, I just said a GL should be above VISAS MARR which seems like a really low and reasonable bar to beat.
  • Options
    You guys are funny, you went from "Buff SEE" to "Give me a win button"! You don't want SEE to be "on par" (whatever you understand by that) with the other GLs, you want it to be at his own level, above them all, and I think that's CGs fault for giving a bloated GL as SLKR.

You all are taking as a basis the phrase "Devastating attacker", a phrase you completely took out of context, it is specifically indicated that the Ultimate ability is what transforms SEE into that "Devastating attacker" and it does it by increasing his damage (don't come up with that **** that his multipliers are low or wrong, you all know CG does that intentionally) and giving him an ability that will kill two toons and possibly more. They said he's only a support then ultimate kicks off and he becomes a wrecking ball.

The proposed kit is ridiculous, we were asking for a way less intense tweak on Rey after all the fixes and buffs SLKR got an the Devs did nothing about it, so don't have high hopes, if SEE gets something it will be a little touch up.

You are asking for a buff for JML and don't think SEE needs one. Honestly at this point if SEE had the exact same kit as Rey, same stats, mastery etc I would take it and not think twice about it.
  • Options

Our "proposed kit" can always be changed or altered or even half the things ignored.

We want him to be balanced with the other 3 GLs who offer more damage, survival, and general utility then SEE.

Yet YOUR the "funny man" coming in here yelling and ranting and screaming when we were having a rather nice discussion.

So please take your bad day and anger elsewhere. I suggest an anger management meeting.
  • dgree
    521 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    It's not taken out of context. The context is that SEE is a brand-new GL requiring a very heavy investment, and that he is weak until his ultimate and then is basically just supposed to do damage. That's the context of what his damage is supposed to be.

Of course CG made him intentionally, but that doesn't mean that they were intended and foresaw his weak performance or that they intentionally engaged in misrepresentation.

Anyway, this is the top sith team, change my mind:
    ieyuy2b606vu.jpg
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    @Blake085 I dont agree with what you are saying 100%, but I do agree that those changes as a whole may not all be implemented as he goes through balance testing.

I dont think overall it's bad or too much, but there are several points that may just not be implemented for design reasons and others that are just removed or tweaked as it goes through the process.

There are many points of interest when looking at SEE, one major one is a buff to just his damage out out, that coupled with some light kit work may bring him more in line with the big picture.

It never hurts to ask for things like this, especially when its highly suspected he will be getting a touch up anyway.

I think one of the major issues being ignored and not present in that kit is anything that helps him with that Imp troopers team.
  • Options
    I think one of the major issues being ignored and not present in that kit is anything that helps him with that Imp troopers team.

Blocking Decieved enemies from gaining TM + letting SEE’s initial Decieved hit DS enemies should fix it.
  • Options
    Instead of changing any of SEE abilities, what about giving him tags and synergy with other factions he's been associated with, Galactic Republic, Separatists, Empire, etc
  • Shadowmaster4
    475 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    LordDunbar wrote: »
    Instead of changing any of SEE abilities, what about giving him tags and synergy with other factions he's been associated with, Galactic Republic, Separatists, Empire, etc

Given that he loses a lot of power when he isn't the leader, I don't think this could hurt. He would only really have any synergy if someone of that faction was leading, so the benefits of having him on a GR, Sep, or Imp team would be offset by him losing most of his ult viability. I kinda like that too, as it would make him uniquely tag heavy among the GL's. It wouldn't give his kit any huge amount of flair, but suddenly he'd be usable in a Sep team with Dooku (who we had to relic for him) or he could work with underused Imps (like all the troopers we had to relic for this), or even a goofy mixed team like Padme.

It still wouldn't do a whole lot for him without a kit tweak, but it might make him more interesting and give him a bit more variety to team comps. And make having him not be leader be less punishing.
  • Options
    I know that GAS is not the main issue with SEE right now, but why does linked disappear when he kneels? It just makes those fights awkward because he stands up before you can link again.

Also, I just unlocked the ultimate. I must say it makes Rey battles go much smoother. I haven't come close to losing one on offense yet. I still haven't tried taking on SLKR. I'm trying to think of something that will be more consistent than my SE counter where 1 resist will kill you. I'll start testing some ideas soon.

Despite these positives, I'm still left feeling underwhelmed. It's really disheartening to only be able to push one button after the ultimate (for 20+ turns anyways). It's just... not fun. And he still does less damage than SE right out of the gate. Whenever I fight a SLKR team, I have a feeling that one tiny mistake can lead to a quick wipe. Rey counters don't have much more margin for error. I just don't feel like SEE holds that same status (granted, my battles against SEE have been minimal).

It honestly wouldn't take much to make me happy (or at least whelmed). I believe the key misjudgement in kit development was an overvaluation of the utility of the instakill. As others have stated, it doesn't kill the characters that are actually threats (GLs, raid bosses) and the loss in utility after ultimate form is just astounding. I think they should completely remove the instakill mechanic. This will free them up to buff SEE in ways that can improve the character overall and promote better strategy. It also places fewer constraints on how the developers design new content. I could see how instantly killing two characters could be game breaking at some point.

TLDR: take away instakill, add damage multipliers, better damage stacking throughout battle, and add more buttons to click after ultimate.
  • SithAmer
    227 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    @Blake085 I dont agree with what you are saying 100%, but I do agree that those changes as a whole may not all be implemented as he goes through balance testing.

I dont think overall it's bad or too much, but there are several points that may just not be implemented for design reasons and others that are just removed or tweaked as it goes through the process.

There are many points of interest when looking at SEE, one major one is a buff to just his damage out out, that coupled with some light kit work may bring him more in line with the big picture.

It never hurts to ask for things like this, especially when its highly suspected he will be getting a touch up anyway.

I wonder why he does not have both Empire and Sith synergy? That way, we can use toons like Thrawn and Piett which were actually a requirement for him.

Also, to reply to the OP who came in and started ranting about this reasonable discussion thread, NOBODY here wants SEE to be the best GL or be unbeatable. We just want him to be at par with other GLs and useful in many parts of the game as opposed to currently having the only use of beating JML teams to climb in arena. BTW, the JML beating aspect is also not 100% guaranteed.

As an update, there are only 2 SEE teams in my 4 year plus arena shard in top 50 just now. Shard getting filled with JMLs now. I just beat the rank 18 SEE U team with my double tank SLKR team in 1.32 mins. All SEE did in the whole match was to keep on linking the two tanks. Nothing else.
  • Options
    Mandelbro wrote: »

Also, I just unlocked the ultimate. I must say it makes Rey battles go much smoother. I haven't come close to losing one on offense yet. I still haven't tried taking on SLKR. I'm trying to think of something that will be more consistent than my SE counter where 1 resist will kill you. I'll start testing some ideas soon.

Do you use Traya and Thrawn on your team with SEE?

If I don't and the Rey has GK on her team, I lose 100% of the time. Need Traya to isolate Kenobi and Thrawn to fracture Rey. Without the isolate on Kenobi, I can't use fracture on Rey because of his taunt, and then Rey gets her ultimate way too early and wipes my whole team out.

1v1 full health Rey vs. full health SEE, Rey wins because she puts out a lot more damage and seems to get more turns. So it's critical that SEE gets his ultimate first.

• SithAmer
    227 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options

Given that he loses a lot of power when he isn't the leader, I don't think this could hurt. He would only really have any synergy if someone of that faction was leading, so the benefits of having him on a GR, Sep, or Imp team would be offset by him losing most of his ult viability. I kinda like that too, as it would make him uniquely tag heavy among the GL's. It wouldn't give his kit any huge amount of flair, but suddenly he'd be usable in a Sep team with Dooku (who we had to relic for him) or he could work with underused Imps (like all the troopers we had to relic for this), or even a goofy mixed team like Padme.

It still wouldn't do a whole lot for him without a kit tweak, but it might make him more interesting and give him a bit more variety to team comps. And make having him not be leader be less punishing.

It is sad to see that now the expectation or hope is to make SEE atleast a Mon Mothma for ITs. It is sad coz he is a GL and not a marquee toon.
  • Options

If I don't and the Rey has GK on her team, I lose 100% of the time. Need Traya to isolate Kenobi and Thrawn to fracture Rey. Without the isolate on Kenobi, I can't use fracture on Rey because of his taunt, and then Rey gets her ultimate way too early and wipes my whole team out.

1v1 full health Rey vs. full health SEE, Rey wins because she puts out a lot more damage and seems to get more turns. So it's critical that SEE gets his ultimate first.

I have been using DR, BSF, Malak, and either Thrawn or Wat. I spread fear early and try to avoid triggering GK's taunt. Fracture Rey if I can, and focus her down. If GK taunts, I cleanse with either fear/shock or Malak's Torture then go back to Rey. I always link GAS and whoever else I don't want critting me. The second link hasn't made too much of a difference in my battles. Honestly, Thrawn wasn't effective all the time, so I think I'm going to be going with Wat more consistently. That tank tech is really nice after the ultimate. Sometimes he survives long enough to hand out one more buff (only G10)
  • Options

I have been using DR, BSF, Malak, and either Thrawn or Wat. I spread fear early and try to avoid triggering GK's taunt. Fracture Rey if I can, and focus her down. If GK taunts, I cleanse with either fear/shock or Malak's Torture then go back to Rey. I always link GAS and whoever else I don't want critting me. The second link hasn't made too much of a difference in my battles. Honestly, Thrawn wasn't effective all the time, so I think I'm going to be going with Wat more consistently. That tank tech is really nice after the ultimate. Sometimes he survives long enough to hand out one more buff (only G10)

Ok

I haven't considered running DR or BSF with SEE because the Fear mechanic seems counter intuitive to SEE building up ult charge, but I'll try it out
  • Options
    It's been over a month, they changed SLKR by now. They are okay with SEE being nothing more than a JML counter and they are okay with JML not being the best as a leader and never using his ultimate. There is no go back, just get SLKR and solo the raid and you don't need another GL. And if you got one of the other ones, start farming SLKR if you don't have him yet.
  • Options
    For the record that was my Visas that I posted in a discord channel. Here’s the mods/offense tpjzl7j6dha2.jpeg
  • Options
    I kind of had an epiphany. Here's some facts about SEE:
    • He's not needed for Territory Battles.
    • He's useless in Raids.
    • He's terrible in TW.
    • He's horrible in GAC.
    • He's not a pilot.

So that leaves us with his only use - ARENA.

Therefore, he should be the dominant GL in Arena, period. Both Rey and JML should have a nightmare of a time beating a SEE team. Kylo should struggle. Honestly take your rock paper scissors theory and throw it out the window.

Either increase SEE's damage output by 300% so he has viability in PvE, or make his Insta-Kill ability work on GLs. Enough is enough.

• Options
    • He's useless in Raids.
    • He's terrible in TW.
    • He's horrible in GAC.
    • He's not a pilot.

Therefore, he should be the dominant GL in Arena, period. Both Rey and JML should have a nightmare of a time beating a SEE team. Kylo should struggle. Honestly take your rock paper scissors theory and throw it out the window.

Either increase SEE's damage output by 300% so he has viability in PvE, or make his Insta-Kill ability work on GLs. Enough is enough.

Honestly yeah, just making his Ult kill GL's wouldn't affect Raids, fleets, TB's, or the fact that he sucks on GAC and TW defense (and on offense he's just one team so it's not game-breaking for him to be a guaranteed win on offense there). If it makes him dominant in arena and that's literally the only thing he's good at, I'd be okay with it. They won't do it though, even though it's not a guaranteed win button since his teams actively have anti-synergy and solo's won't let him build ult charge.
  • dgree
    521 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    • He's useless in Raids.
    • He's terrible in TW.
    • He's horrible in GAC.
    • He's not a pilot.

Precisely. His niche is arena, and he's basically the worst-performing new meta toon I've ever seen, by far--at the bottom of the previous meta he's entering, struggling against Rey and can't kill SLKR even on offense with any combination of sith or DS toons (wat, etc). This is a far cry from rock paper scissors. Other GLs kits were filled with great strengths and LS or DS synergy, while SEE's kit is filled with weaknesses.

And new GLs and maybe even legendary toons will come that will crush him, and the galactic challenge olympics rancor raid is coming that SEE will probably also not be useful in.

This is what I meant earlier saying that SLKR lead Sith Empire is the top Sith squad. It can't even be countered by Sith Empire afaik. SLKR has better synergy with Empire (Thrawn) Sith (Malak), etc than SEE does, so SEE just doesn't help one's roster that much except for boosting Triumvirate to meta mediocrity while stripping away Traya's leadership.

No one in my shard is even interested in SEE. I can't imagine someone in progress on an SLKR thinking, "oh, gosh, if I wasn't already so invested in FO I would totally get that new GL SEE."
  • Options
    • He's useless in Raids.
    • He's terrible in TW.
    • He's horrible in GAC.
    • He's not a pilot.

Honestly yeah, just making his Ult kill GL's wouldn't affect Raids, fleets, TB's, or the fact that he sucks on GAC and TW defense (and on offense he's just one team so it's not game-breaking for him to be a guaranteed win on offense there). If it makes him dominant in arena and that's literally the only thing he's good at, I'd be okay with it. They won't do it though, even though it's not a guaranteed win button since his teams actively have anti-synergy and solo's won't let him build ult charge.

I'm ok with that. Is it even possible to use a solo team in Arena? Never tried. If so, that leaves those people and their solo teams wide open on defense for other people without SEE to attack them.
  • Options
    I don't know what the background is on this video, but looks cool

https://youtu.be/M00k2M52In4
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Now if only we had any relevant information on this battle....
  • Options

Yeah that would be cool. Not my video.

Possible bug or unintended interaction? Maybe send to devs.
  • Shadowmaster4
    475 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options

I mean, you can at least tell Wat was there, and judging from the beefy protection and the fact that it's a known exploit to make JML nearly invincible, I'm gonna guess Bastilla was involved, probably as lead. Other than that, he did clear himself by saying he has no background and it's just there cuz it looks cool.

Expanding further, given what we know about SEE's damage output under regular circumstances, I'm gonna say this SEE is equal relic or gear to the JML, if not better, because he's critting for almost 100k on a character as beefy as JML. It's sad that SLKR would be hitting for almost half a million at this point in the fight, but for the record that video may still be a plus for SEE because whoever modded it made it one of the highest damage SEE's I've seen against JML
  • Options

I mean, you can at least tell Wat was there, and judging from the beefy protection and the fact that it's a known exploit to make JML nearly invincible, I'm gonna guess Bastilla was involved, probably as lead. Other than that, he did clear himself by saying he has no background and it's just there cuz it looks cool.

Ahh that makes sense.

So if he's modded for health, we are probably looking at JML having about 250-300k health and 200-250k protection.

Even impossible for the devastating attacker to kill.
  • NerfHerder44
    333 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options

Going to guess it's the Bastilla Shan lead/WAT team due to the bonus prot on JML.
  • Options

Ahh that makes sense.

So if he's modded for health, we are probably looking at JML having about 250-300k health and 200-250k protection.

Even impossible for the devastating attacker to kill.

Yep, and if you watch slowed down, due to the Wat tech and some other cheese with Bonus Protection, JML is recovering about 250k protection for every 98k SEE can crit away.
This discussion has been closed.