The Pit Challenge Tier & Relic 8 [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    I think you are missing the point of the game. The game was created with our favorite franchise Star Wars. This game is all about grinding. Without nothing to achieve (or very little with mega guilds) people stop spending. When people stop spending, devs make less and less content. When less and less content comes to the game, the whales and krakens leave. When those folks leave, the game stops entirely as there is no support left or whales/krakens to keep content going.

This isn’t relicgate. This is keeping the game fresh and fun.

Fresh and fun by paygating an old raid? Cmon you’re better than this.
  • Options
    It’s the Rancor raid on steroid. Complete trash.
  • Cs99
    146 posts Member
    Options
    Sewperbad wrote: »
    It’s the Rancor raid on steroid. Complete trash.

Total waste of time unless your in a top 10 guild.
  • Options
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

No one has even run this raid yet, and look at the rewards for top5 finishers:

luoocurt7men.jpg

That's right. If you finish 3rd, 4th, or 5th, you get ... NOTHING!

Well, I was worried they would release a buggy, beta-test worthy raid. Now I'm confident they didn't release this in beta test.

Clearly it's still alpha.
  • Options
    Sewperbad wrote: »
    Imagine shipping this to your customers... An old raid super charged so hard that everyone in the guild will have to spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars to do around 5%. This is a trash cash grab and while they get some credit for some of the stuff they’ve done lately, they should be embarrassed by this garbage. But alas we know they won’t be. Greed.

Exactly. This is the very definition of a lazy cash grab. Instead of giving us a brand new raid that’s challenging yet feasible, they recycle an old raid and make it near impossible. I can’t wait for the exciting new challenge tier to the tank raid or sith raid in a few years. Yay.
  • Options
    Oceans of content
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options

luoocurt7men.jpg

Well, I was worried they would release a buggy, beta-test worthy raid. Now I'm confident they didn't release this in beta test.

They’ve already stated it’s just a visual bug on that screen and ranks 3-5 get the same as 2nd place.
  • Options

luoocurt7men.jpg

It's covered in the update post: "Ranks rewards 2-5 are the same for The Pit Challenge Tier but the list of Raid Rewards in game only shows Rank 2".
  • Options
    @StarSon

Yes. It's a visual BUG.

On a STATIC IMAGE.

I didn't actually think that there would be no rewards for spots 3-5. It was sarcasm because if they can't get a static image right, what hope is there that the raid as a whole, with motion & AI and everything else, isn't bugged as all get out?

There's only one chance for a first impression & CG failed this test MASSIVELY.
  • Cs99
    146 posts Member
    Options
    Seriously whoever thought this was a good idea needs to be fired immediately.
  • Options
    The rancor getting stronger with every 20% health depleted is so dumb and shortsighted. So now the optimal strategy is to coordinate attacks so everyone battles and then sits in airplane mode and then post all together so you skip the harder part of the phase? Sounds like a blast...
  • Options
    I am speechless...without speech. How do they always seem to bungle new (somewhat) content releases. The content is usually recycled, gear gated and the rewards garbage. Plus the rewards should be specific to 12+ and relic materials. No offense to any of the developers but use a little more common sense. What garbage!!!
  • Options
    I'm not happy with the relic 5 basal.

I do want to make my move towards a GL soon, but not getting full use of a Galactic Legend here is a disincentive to relic'ing characters, and this minimum entrance fee is not going to make me rush for my first relic 5. Or will I angrily relic one character to get the #41-50 spot? Bleh.

I'll earn my tickets for my guild though, so the top players can get their "flattened" aeromagnifier rewards.

Just bleh. Or maybe this is a good thing in disguise for life outside of the game.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    The rancor getting stronger with every 20% health depleted is so dumb and shortsighted. So now the optimal strategy is to coordinate attacks so everyone battles and then sits in airplane mode and then post all together so you skip the harder part of the phase? Sounds like a blast...

yeah... Just make sure you got your PO or whatever while you wait
  • crzydroid
    7308 posts Moderator
    Options

That actually sounds like a good idea.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    I understand tagging me in your posts on this thread, but trust I'm keeping an eye on it already. I will do my part to report community sentiment to the devs.

Can we have a Q&A for this Challenge Raid only?

I have so many questions about so many decisions that have taken place regarding this raid

You are starting to sound like me
  • Options
    So ticking "no" in a bunch of boxes means "new mechanics"?

TM removal - "No"
    TM gain - "No"
    Health steal - "No"

Boom! New mechanics.

Really? This is very dissapointing. The challenge tiers of the assault battles have more new mechanics than this.

And the R5 gear gate is gonna break guilds. Again. Splitting friends and communities. The guilds and communities are what has kept this game alive for five years. It should be higher on CG:s priority list to model content to keep guilds together instead of dividing them.
  • Options
    Hate it. Why have a relic 5 gate. I don’t want to relic everything up that high. I would rather get no damage and get to use my characters than not use them as I only have them at relic 3 or so.
  • Options
    Does the raid damage work like that? Let's say p1 has 10m total health, and 50 guild members jump in right at the start. Everyone does 500k damage and ends their runs. Does it stack to be 25m/end P1 or does it just indicate 500k damage gone from 10m?
  • Options
    I think the one good thing here is we get to keep sim on the old pit.

That said, this is a really poor delivery
  • Options
    Don’t bother complaining about needing r5. My r7 are barely surviving to do damage. R4 and below would just get 1 shot.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Does the raid damage work like that? Let's say p1 has 10m total health, and 50 guild members jump in right at the start. Everyone does 500k damage and ends their runs. Does it stack to be 25m/end P1 or does it just indicate 500k damage gone from 10m?

Yes,

If 50 members join in at 100% and do 2% each it just ends P1 from 100% to 0% without the 20% threshold boosts
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    This is a poor excuse for the new raid:
    1. Rehashed old content
    2. Poor gear rewards are still included
    3. The rewards are not flat
    4. Highly prized (and in many cases, expensive) characters are effectively nerfed
    5. Relic gates on participation
    6. Misleading communication
    A. Rewards will be flattened, they are 11:1
    B. “Exclusive” should never come with an “also”
    C. Lessened guild friction, guilds will lose players
    7. High tenacity, no TM reduction, etc. etc. etc.

I understand that this is created as end game content. I have no issue with the difficulty...HOWEVER, gating behind relic levels (quite high at that), making highly-invested and expensive characters nerfed, giving some terrible rewards, making those rewards quite variable to receive, ruining guilds, and communicating incorrect/fallacious information about all of it is plainly ridiculous.

I have left 2 guilds before. I was an officer in the first, and leader in the second. I hated to do it. But I realized I had to. To even have a chance at keeping up with metas, or remain competitive in GAC I have had to make these decisions based upon gated content. As an officer in the first, I lost friends to the Sith raid. We couldn’t do it and others could. In the second guild, I left due to the GET2 crunch. I must have both capital ships to try to remain competitive in GAC for div 1. I left a lot of great people behind. This is my biggest peeve about the game. My solo play is affected by guild play and because of that I have lost friends. Here we are again. While I have no intention of making any guild changes due to the new content and the necessity to compete, I can only imagine how many people are currently weighing their options where otherwise they were happy. Guilds and the friendships created are the heart of the game and this is a very disheartening release IMO.

To conclude, I have an alt in my 2nd guild in order to remain a part of that amazing group of people (No Country for Old Ben, you rock!!). I am lucky to be an officer for both of the guilds I call home. I am definitely concerned about losing friends to rewards and competition. It’s happened too much to people like me already. Many have shared their issues, I agree with most, but I also wanted to share a story.
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »

It's always stacked before. I don't know why that would change. But I can't confirm.
  • Options
    Don’t bother complaining about needing r5. My r7 are barely surviving to do damage. R4 and below would just get 1 shot.

But R4 characters would earn the player at least 1 aeromagnifier when the bigs do damage. Versus earn nothing but the respect of their guildees for throwing their tickets in the mix.
  • Options
    Konju wrote: »
    This is a poor excuse for the new raid:
    1. Rehashed old content
    2. Poor gear rewards are still included
    3. The rewards are not flat
    4. Highly prized (and in many cases, expensive) characters are effectively nerfed
    5. Relic gates on participation
    6. Misleading communication
    A. Rewards will be flattened, they are 11:1
    B. “Exclusive” should never come with an “also”
    C. Lessened guild friction, guilds will lose players
    7. High tenacity, no TM reduction, etc. etc. etc.

I understand that this is created as end game content. I have no issue with the difficulty...HOWEVER, gating behind relic levels (quite high at that), making highly-invested and expensive characters nerfed, giving some terrible rewards, making those rewards quite variable to receive, ruining guilds, and communicating incorrect/fallacious information about all of it is plainly ridiculous.

I have left 2 guilds before. I was an officer in the first, and leader in the second. I hated to do it. But I realized I had to. To even have a chance at keeping up with metas, or remain competitive in GAC I have had to make these decisions based upon gated content. As an officer in the first, I lost friends to the Sith raid. We couldn’t do it and others could. In the second guild, I left due to the GET2 crunch. I must have both capital ships to try to remain competitive in GAC for div 1. I left a lot of great people behind. This is my biggest peeve about the game. My solo play is affected by guild play and because of that I have lost friends. Here we are again. While I have no intention of making any guild changes due to the new content and the necessity to compete, I can only imagine how many people are currently weighing their options where otherwise they were happy. Guilds and the friendships created are the heart of the game and this is a very disheartening release IMO.

To conclude, I have an alt in my 2nd guild in order to remain a part of that amazing group of people (No Country for Old Ben, you rock!!). I am lucky to be an officer for both of the guilds I call home. I am definitely concerned about losing friends to rewards and competition. It’s happened too much to people like me already. Many have shared their issues, I agree with most, but I also wanted to share a story.

Personally, I would wholeheartedly welcome an excuse to not be forced to be in a guild to make any sort of progression.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options

Not really, and I could use Wat Tambor or other toons like him at r4 at least

Regardless of how effective or not r5 vs r1 toons are, the option should be available and let the players do more RNG runs to survive longer
  • Options
    I went to go try to enjoy the raid, but the major key characters who had no real reason to go to R5 at any other point in the game prevent me from doing so, and the raid isn't enough to justify upgrading them, so it's effectively a waste of time.