SEE definitely needs a buff!

Replies

• Options
    Xagen wrote: »
    mikk207 wrote: »
    LordDunbar wrote: »
    There just simply isn't enough data on swgoh.gg yet because:

1) not a lot of people own or want to own SEE, so sample size is low.
    2) people are tending to use SLKR vs. SEE when available, preferred over Rey (and a lot of people own both)
    3) 5v5 season just started, and data from this season is nkot available yet. We mostly only hace 3v3 data right now from the last GAC season.

I auppose in a few weeks we will have a clearer picture from swgoh.gg data.

h1zsyftbn78r.jpg
    zfm98tr5hurm.jpg
    r3z4ha80pa2v.jpg
    gwps68vt3rjn.jpg

lol, I bet every complainer here would go mad about gac data if it would show how bad see is.
    but it doesnt fit right now.

let's wait for the next gac round.
    there will be not a lot left except your raid complaints

Maybe it would be better proceed to toons profiles on sw goh and see that 80 % out of All farmed JMl are in top 100 while only 30% out of All farmed SEE are in this top 100. Interesting to find out the reasons why SEE is so unpopular on Arena, that people who farmed him don’t use SEE actively. Obviously due to some VALId reasons

because of kylo obviously.
    if you have a gl that is hard countered by the mist popular gl in arena, here you go.

what do you expect, having an easy 1st arena place just because you have a gl ?
  • Options

2) people are tending to use SLKR vs. SEE when available, preferred over Rey (and a lot of people own both)
    3) 5v5 season just started, and data from this season is nkot available yet. We mostly only hace 3v3 data right now from the last GAC season.

h1zsyftbn78r.jpg
    zfm98tr5hurm.jpg
    r3z4ha80pa2v.jpg
    gwps68vt3rjn.jpg

lol, I bet every complainer here would go mad about gac data if it would show how bad see is.

Maybe it would be better proceed to toons profiles on sw goh and see that 80 % out of All farmed JMl are in top 100 while only 30% out of All farmed SEE are in this top 100. Interesting to find out the reasons why SEE is so unpopular on Arena, that people who farmed him don’t use SEE actively. Obviously due to some VALId reasons

if you have a gl that is hard countered by the most popular gl in arena, here you go.

• mikk207
    242 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

• Options

h1zsyftbn78r.jpg
    zfm98tr5hurm.jpg
    r3z4ha80pa2v.jpg
    gwps68vt3rjn.jpg

if you have a gl that is hard countered by the mist popular gl in arena, here you go.

Actually Kylo and Rey owners don’t have such problems with taking 1 place
  • Options

h1zsyftbn78r.jpg
    zfm98tr5hurm.jpg
    r3z4ha80pa2v.jpg
    gwps68vt3rjn.jpg

Actually Kylo and Rey owners don’t have such problems with taking 1 place

funny enough that guildmates have no problem with see taking first and I see more than enough rey and jml owners not getting top ten, so there is that
  • Options
    @mikk207 CG announced that new GLs will be of the same power level, so why old GLs don’ t have so many problems on Arena as SEe,?!! See is the weakest and nothing more to add
  • Options
    @mikk207 CG announced that new GLs will be of the same power level, so why old GLs don’ t have so many problems on Arena as SEe,?!! See is the weakest and nothing more to add
    if kylo is your only gl and you don't have the mods or matching support at relik lvl you won't get into top 20 in many shards because it is full of jml teams.

in some shards it is not enough to have one gl and have an easy payout.
    it is what it is, learn from it
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    ZeTwitch wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    So at every 100 pages, you get a dev ping. I bet it'll get resolved at 800. Go go go.

Personally, on this (not counting any pings here) topic, I have probably a half dozen direct pings for an update, and then the channel where I post all the videos and stuff that he is a part of. so a few more than 1 per 100 pages.

Kyno
    Thank you I appreciate that. Question, do you have any insight on what types of videos are the most useful? I’m not asking for specifics but I imagine some are more helpful than others. For example if videos that don’t show the full battle are not considered reliable then we should only be posting full length videos.

the videos are used to help support sentiment. just saying he needs damage, or he is beat by X, is only part of the story. videos showing this, with mods and possible variations is much more helpful as it shows a more full picture. I got a little slammed asking for this as much a I did, but its really what is needed to help push the case.

for example: clips and short snips of someone doing massive damage and then the same showing SEE not, are much less helpful.

Kyno

Are you also sending them pictures, like the swgoh.gg data, or just videos?

I have sent any images, videos, and data we have access to, to support the sentiment expressed here. I also sent them many of the comments and suggestions.
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Davie96 wrote: »
    I keep reading here how trash SEE is, and, being a player with two light side GLs, JMLS and Rey, I dread seeing SEE in my path! He is built to be a hard light side counter. He is not as easy to beat as other GLs with the light side GLs. I feel that the vocal posters in this thread want to have a GL where they press the easy button in all modes and it gives them a victory.

Likely any boost they give SEE would have the same effect that happened with SLKR, wherein they make another OP GL. Understand what he is, and move on. Constantly spamming the forum isn't going to accelerate a resolution that is acceptable to all your concerns.

If I leave in SLKR I might drop to the 20's, if I leave in SEE I will drop into the 50's.

If I leave jml I don't drop out of 10, so based on arena defense performance let's get rey and slkr buffed.
  • Options
    I keep reading here how trash SEE is, and, being a player with two light side GLs, JMLS and Rey, I dread seeing SEE in my path! He is built to be a hard light side counter. He is not as easy to beat as other GLs with the light side GLs. I feel that the vocal posters in this thread want to have a GL where they press the easy button in all modes and it gives them a victory.

Likely any boost they give SEE would have the same effect that happened with SLKR, wherein they make another OP GL. Understand what he is, and move on. Constantly spamming the forum isn't going to accelerate a resolution that is acceptable to all your concerns.

If I leave in SLKR I might drop to the 20's, if I leave in SEE I will drop into the 50's.

If I leave jml I don't drop out of 10, so based on arena defense performance let's get rey and slkr buffed.

You don't make much sense. If we are basing buffs and nerfs on the above quotes, JML should be nerfed, Rey/SLKR unchanged, and SEE buffed. But we all know JML doesn't really need a nerf.
  • Options

You don't make much sense. If we are basing buffs and nerfs on the above quotes, JML should be nerfed, Rey/SLKR unchanged, and SEE buffed. But we all know JML doesn't really need a nerf.

Since all gls need to have similar arena defense performance the options are buff 3 of them or nerf 1 of them. But we don't need all gls to have similar arena defense performance(offense expectation is much more plausible), that's a rather non sensical expectation based on not much besides a -similar- phrase in the gl announcement. Makes sense?
  • Options
    Both GL's are on the same boat, they need the best of their faction to get something done. Problem with SEE is that he makes both Sith Empire and Triumvirate worse when under his lead.

Sith Empire hit like wet noodles if Revan isn't leading and Triumvirate lose their survivability + Sion revival
  • Options
    if you look at the gac data, jml seems to be much worse than see foe gac.
    seems like a lot of hyperbole in this thread

It’s going to much more difficult to get GAC data on GML. A lot of people are using him under Bastila or JKR.

2700 see counters vs 2200 jml counters are pretty good comparable

It’s not. Those encounters are based on leadership. As I mentioned a lot of teams are not using GML in the leadership role. It’s very easy to draw conclusions from inconclusive data. For example there’s a strong argument based on win to banner ratio that GML is one of the best offense toons in the GAC. However, I don’t know where those numbers are coming from. Maybe 90% of them are coming from him beating SLKR and he’s in fact terrible.

This isn’t just you btw. A lot of post in here show a chart or an arena rank with no context or understanding of how it’s collected and try to present it as evidence. Sometimes the data can provide macro picture or suggest a trend, but most of the time it’s misrepresented and not helpful.

this is the data we have and it shows us how jml lead or see lead holds.
    speculating that different leads would hold better are just... speculations.

I personally don't think jml is particular strong against other strong teams unless he has strong jedis on his side
  • Options
    So at every 100 pages, you get a dev ping. I bet it'll get resolved at 800. Go go go.

Personally, on this (not counting any pings here) topic, I have probably a half dozen direct pings for an update, and then the channel where I post all the videos and stuff that he is a part of. so a few more than 1 per 100 pages.

Kyno
    Thank you I appreciate that. Question, do you have any insight on what types of videos are the most useful? I’m not asking for specifics but I imagine some are more helpful than others. For example if videos that don’t show the full battle are not considered reliable then we should only be posting full length videos.

the videos are used to help support sentiment. just saying he needs damage, or he is beat by X, is only part of the story. videos showing this, with mods and possible variations is much more helpful as it shows a more full picture. I got a little slammed asking for this as much a I did, but its really what is needed to help push the case.

for example: clips and short snips of someone doing massive damage and then the same showing SEE not, are much less helpful.

Kyno

Are you also sending them pictures, like the swgoh.gg data, or just videos?

I have sent any images, videos, and data we have access to, to support the sentiment expressed here. I also sent them many of the comments and suggestions.

Thanks Kyno.
  • Options

If I leave in SLKR I might drop to the 20's, if I leave in SEE I will drop into the 50's.[/quote]

Funny, in my shard, there are 3 SEE's sitting in the top 10 right now. The one in 10 had his payout 10 and a half hours ago! The one in 9 had his payout 9 and a half hours ago.

From my experience, as more SEE's are showing up, they are fine at staying in top 20. Currently 5 in top 50.
  • Options

Funny, in my shard, there are 3 SEE's sitting in the top 10 right now. The one in 10 had his payout 10 and a half hours ago! The one in 9 had his payout 9 and a half hours ago.

From my experience, as more SEE's are showing up, they are fine at staying in top 20. Currently 5 in top 50. [/quote]

Mine too.. it never leaves the top 15. But then again there are 5 SLKRs and 2 SEEs... the other SEE owner now has SLKR.

In any shard with SLKR SEE doesnt/shouldn't stay
  • Options
    ..99, 100. Check!
    fo77vd8tbuxz.png

Now we just need 9000 posts.

rs0pc5xmcw1l.png

• Options
    No now we need a SEE buff or an answer from the DEV
  • Options

It’s going to much more difficult to get GAC data on GML. A lot of people are using him under Bastila or JKR.

2700 see counters vs 2200 jml counters are pretty good comparable

It’s not. Those encounters are based on leadership. As I mentioned a lot of teams are not using GML in the leadership role. It’s very easy to draw conclusions from inconclusive data. For example there’s a strong argument based on win to banner ratio that GML is one of the best offense toons in the GAC. However, I don’t know where those numbers are coming from. Maybe 90% of them are coming from him beating SLKR and he’s in fact terrible.

This isn’t just you btw. A lot of post in here show a chart or an arena rank with no context or understanding of how it’s collected and try to present it as evidence. Sometimes the data can provide macro picture or suggest a trend, but most of the time it’s misrepresented and not helpful.

I personally don't think jml is particular strong against other strong teams unless he has strong jedis on his side

I can’t with this...

@Hermitthedruid Hey I wanted to ask you do you see SEE run more with an ST or SE squad or a combination of both in your arena? I’m noticing a trend and I’m curious if it carries over to a GL heavy arena shard.

• Options

From my experience, as more SEE's are showing up, they are fine at staying in top 20. Currently 5 in top 50.

Mine too.. it never leaves the top 15. But then again there are 5 SLKRs and 2 SEEs... the other SEE owner now has SLKR.

In any shard with SLKR SEE doesnt/shouldn't stay
    [/quote]

SEE is the easiest team to defeat out of the top teams.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Hilarious,a game company without testing department and always asking players to provide them testing datas.
  • Options
    if kylo is your only gl and you don't have the mods or matching support at relik lvl you won't get into top 20 in many shards because it is full of jml teams.

in some shards it is not enough to have one gl and have an easy payout.
    it is what it is, learn from it

Actually Kylo +SE don’t have problems against most jMLs.
  • Options

From my understanding JML is most commonly used under JKR on defense. If you check the total number of JMLs in the top 10 sbp0qvfu66ag.png and compare that to the number of JML leads in the top 10 h2nkj5bkzabs.png you can clearly see a difference in numbers (4410 not in lead).
    SEE in the top 10 vea8g876mt0o.png and SEE top 10 in the lead slot e5rwqj72d80n.png you can see they are near identical (9 not in lead).

Yes, these numbers are arena only. Yes people might be using them differently in GAC. The trend however is that SEE is used as the lead, and JML is only used as the lead ~25% of the time. You are comparing what is likely the entire usage of SEE on defence to what is likely ~25% of the usage of JML on defence. Any data you are suggesting from these numbers will only be accuracte in specifically comparing JML lead and SEE lead on defence, not the viablity of the character itself on defence.

Using that data to then suggest JML is worse on defense than SEE is quite the leap of logic.

• Options
    @mikk207 I posted some videos here how to beat JML with Kylo +Se, Players don’t see a problem in the wall of JML, that why people don’t use see
  • Options
    Decado wrote: »

From my understanding JML is most commonly used under JKR on defense. If you check the total number of JMLs in the top 10 sbp0qvfu66ag.png and compare that to the number of JML leads in the top 10 h2nkj5bkzabs.png you can clearly see a difference in numbers (4410 not in lead).
    SEE in the top 10 vea8g876mt0o.png and SEE top 10 in the lead slot e5rwqj72d80n.png you can see they are near identical (9 not in lead).

Yes, these numbers are arena only. Yes people might be using them differently in GAC. The trend however is that SEE is used as the lead, and JML is only used as the lead ~25% of the time. You are comparing what is likely the entire usage of SEE on defence to what is likely ~25% of the usage of JML on defence. Any data you are suggesting from these numbers will only be accuracte in specifically comparing JML lead and SEE lead on defence, not the viablity of the character itself on defence.

Using that data to then suggest JML is worse on defense than SEE is quite the leap of logic.

That data might also be flawed as it only shows where they are at the payout reset. I do about a 50/50 between JML and JKR lead as I climb and sometimes I leave JML lead in, sometimes I leave JKR in. I fall about the same with either in the lead though.

As far as falling or not, that's kind of irrelevant because if more people have Jedi teams, they are less likely to try to fight SEE since he's the counter to JML teams. As more people unlock JML, they are going to use him in arena (whether in the lead or under JKR lead since charging his ultimate is rubbish), then they'll avoid SEE and fight Rey or JKR/JML teams. If we have to fight SEE to climb, those of us with SLKR will throw him in, get past SEE, and switch back to our Revan Luke team to continue.
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    That data might also be flawed as it only shows where they are at the payout reset. I do about a 50/50 between JML and JKR lead as I climb and sometimes I leave JML lead in, sometimes I leave JKR in. I fall about the same with either in the lead though.

As far as falling or not, that's kind of irrelevant because if more people have Jedi teams, they are less likely to try to fight SEE since he's the counter to JML teams. As more people unlock JML, they are going to use him in arena (whether in the lead or under JKR lead since charging his ultimate is rubbish), then they'll avoid SEE and fight Rey or JKR/JML teams. If we have to fight SEE to climb, those of us with SLKR will throw him in, get past SEE, and switch back to our Revan Luke team to continue.

Generally I agree. It is unlikely however that a 25% lead/75% non-lead split is going to occur if they are being used equally, even if it is just a snapshot at payout time. You would be more likely to see 40/60 or less for differences. The last time I checked a few weeks ago it was relatively similar distribution to what it is currently.

That said, my points were specifically in response to GAC defense viability which has little to do with offensive arena use, though I understand there is a connection with whatever was used last to climb. This seems to indicate JKR/JML are relatively equal on defence in your opinion in arena? As far as I know (which is admittedly little) DR/BSF/Wat can underdog JML leads can they not?

• HolicFan
    17 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Rey owners when SLK solos HSTR and does more damage in Challenge Rancor P2-3: “First time?” 😉

Honestly, this argument is valid. Rey got сrapped on when SLKR got buffed, and SLKR remains the most usefull GL from all of them.
    And now i will speak only for myself, because probably non everyone will have the same opinion. I am fine with GL being weaker vs non-gl like SEE is. SEE gets destroyed in defense by most dark side teams that are at least b tier of power. Rey can be defeated easily by Jedi+GAS and by Vader, SLKR by GAS+Fives variants, JML by darth revan variants. SEE has more counters that anyone else. In terms of Raid viability also SEE is crap.

So if CG will nerf all other GLs - i am totally fine with that. SO that all GLS wlil be truly on the same power level. Nerf SLKR to the ground, nerf Rey and JML only vs light side enemies (so vs Dark side they remain the same).
    Like Rey immunity below 50% only works if DS enemy did it, and inspired allies remove debuffs on basic only vs DS . JML inflicts debus and increases cooldowns only vs DS. Or something like that for them

It will never happen but hey. I was not ok with SLKR being for half a year dominant GL comparing to Rey. And i am not ok with the current GL relative powers. The fact that CG were TERRIBLE at balancing previous meta doesnt mean i am ok with terrible balance of the current meta
  • Options
    Decado wrote: »

this is gac data and has nothing to do with arena.
    yeah, for complainer and conspiracy theorists data is the leap of logic
  • Options
    @mikk207 I posted some videos here how to beat JML with Kylo +Se, Players don’t see a problem in the wall of JML, that why people don’t use see

a video has nothing to do with reality
  • Options

a video has nothing to do with reality

Cannot agree some videos from my guild, I definitely know what i’m Talking about
This discussion has been closed.