The Pit Challenge Tier & Relic 8 [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    There are plenty of things to complain about here. A community manager who communicates is not one of them.

And the dev's (not Doja, I get he's just the messenger) ignoring hot topics for weeks or months (I think the see one is over 100 pages and has essentially been ignored for two months) is a valid thing to bring up.
  • Options
    There are plenty of things to complain about here. A community manager who communicates is not one of them.

This. We shouldn't "shoot the messenger" - but the CG Execs making bad decisions should stop using the messenger's as human shields.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • DarthVenomis
    473 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I don't even understand at all what you are mad about. They are all just doing their jobs. Leave them alone. If you feel like they are ignoring you, deal with it, people get ignored all the time in all aspects of life. I bet if any of you who are mad right now tried to do their job would get all this negative feedback as well, and would most likely ignore it, or make even more people mad by venting your frustration at them. Once again, leave them alone, and let's start talking about what this thread is supposed to be meant for.
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • Options
    I don't even understand at all what you are mad about. They are all just doing their jobs.

See, what some of us are mad about is that it doesn't seem like they are doing their jobs--at least not well. And we'd rather voice our dissatisfaction here than throw away a game we've been playing for years, where we have built friendships and online communities.
  • Options
    See, what some of us are mad about is that it doesn't seem like they are doing their jobs--at least not well.
    What is it do you not believe they are doing well?
  • Options
    Asylumwar8 wrote: »
    Yes because in the past we've been so happy with cg when they've been silent. Cmon you guys just keep moving the goalposts here.

Posts that don't answer anything or are off topic are effectively silience.
    No. Grow up.

Better to have someone communicating even if you don't always like what they have to say. Unless of course you are a toddler throwing a temper tantrum and can't accept anything other than what you want to hear.

Please explain to me what he communicated? We all understand he is an intermediary. We know he can only answer in detail what he is allowed, but at the same time in circumstances where there is friction and frustration within the community it tends to show that he isn't the solution when he answers in such poor context.

The "solution"? I never claimed to have that type of authority. But, that's not going to stop me from replying to comments and trying to bring some levity if I so choose. Not everyone is going to like it. But, there are going to be times that no matter what I say some people won't like it (unless it's leaking a major character a few days early. I'm guessing not many people outside the studio took issue with that XD).

It doesn't mean I'm ignoring the issue. It means I've likely done my job and there's not much else of substance to report for now. I chose this gig because I want to interact with the community and that doesn't mean just reporting facts or being here when the job is easy.

Hope this helps. And y'all can feel free to call me out if you think I could be doing better. If it's valid criticism, I'll try to use it to learn and grow. If it's not, then I'll just assume you're having a bad day, as we all do from time-to-time. No biggie.

Cheers
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

This. We shouldn't "shoot the messenger" - but the CG Execs making bad decisions should stop using the messenger's as human shields.

Absolutely, just don't blame doja for their failures
  • Options
    Yes because in the past we've been so happy with cg when they've been silent. Cmon you guys just keep moving the goalposts here.

No. Grow up.

Better to have someone communicating even if you don't always like what they have to say. Unless of course you are a toddler throwing a temper tantrum and can't accept anything other than what you want to hear.

Please explain to me what he communicated? We all understand he is an intermediary. We know he can only answer in detail what he is allowed, but at the same time in circumstances where there is friction and frustration within the community it tends to show that he isn't the solution when he answers in such poor context.

The "solution"? I never claimed to have that type of authority. But, that's not going to stop me from replying to comments and trying to bring some levity if I so choose. Not everyone is going to like it. But, there are going to be times that no matter what I say some people won't like it (unless it's leaking a major character a few days early. I'm guessing not many people outside the studio took issue with that XD).

It doesn't mean I'm ignoring the issue. It means I've likely done my job and there's not much else of substance to report for now. I chose this gig because I want to interact with the community and that doesn't mean just reporting facts or being here when the job is easy.

Hope this helps. And y'all can feel free to call me out if you think I could be doing better. If it's valid criticism, I'll try to use it to learn and grow. If it's not, then I'll just assume you're having a bad day, as we all do from time-to-time. No biggie.

Cheers

Sadly, with this ridiculous community, they’ll never like what you say. I feel bad for you man, they couldn’t pay me enough to deal with people
  • Fingolfin26
    270 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

No, they aren't. You have a short memory if you've forgotten what it was like before doja began to interact with us.

Does that mean I don't want communication on important issues? Of course not. I'd love to get an answer.

But to complain about the communication we DO get, is simply foolish, short sighted, and displays a severe lack of memory
  • DarthVenomis
    473 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Creating content...we were promised 2020 would leave us swimming in content. This was determined to be a lie. Also creating engaging content. This rancor raid is a joke. There is no engagement here. These galactic challenges have no basis in lore and are just battles to get gear. Just my point of view.

I feel like there has been a lot of good content. Especially since I had this game 2 years ago and deleted it then and just re got it in February, and there is A LOT more content than there was 2 years ago xD. But then again, its your opinion, not mine. And we have to remember a lot of future projects in everything for this year were pushed back due to the pandemic. So I bet in 2021 we will get all of the projects you believe we are missing out on. I appreciate @CG_Doja_Fett for responding! I hope we can move on from this and go back to talking about what this thread is meant for, and work together to fix problems.

• Fingolfin26
    270 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I don't even understand at all what you are mad about. They are all just doing their jobs.

See, what some of us are mad about is that it doesn't seem like they are doing their jobs--at least not well. And we'd rather voice our dissatisfaction here than throw away a game we've been playing for years, where we have built friendships and online communities.

Yes, just so long as we can agree that this is in regards to others on the dev team. Doja, by communicating with us, is absolutely doing his job. So to complain when he isn't communicating exactly how you'd like, ESPECIALLY when we don't know what is happening behind the curtains is wrong. If anything that attitude only encourages decreased communication
  • Options
    See, what some of us are mad about is that it doesn't seem like they are doing their jobs--at least not well.
    What is it do you not believe they are doing well?

I have a post a few pages back. Basically, I think the 20% HP gimmick is a poor mechanic for creating difficulty for the many reasons that have been highlighted throughout this thread. I have other gripes, but they are unrelated to the new Rancor.

For Doja, I think he just picked a bad time to reply to levity tangent from a few pages back. I'm not active enough on the forums to say whether he does a good or bad job overall.

For the moderators, well, they are volunteers, so my bar is pretty low. That said, I think Kyno gets in pedantic arguments over semantics with folks. Even if someone read it "wrong", that doesn't mean that the language couldn't use clarification. Rather than calling them out for reading it wrong, just correct them and acknowledge that it could have been more explicitly worded. You know, "moderate" the forums--i.e. lower the temperature and provide clarity.

moderate, verb
    make or become less extreme, intense, rigorous, or violent
  • Options

No, they aren't. You have a short memory if you've forgotten what it was like before doja began to interact with us.

Does that mean I don't want communication on important issues? Of course not. I'd love to get an answer.

But to complain about the communication we DO get, is simply foolish, short sighted, and displays a severe lack of memory

The only real difference now, is we get a "you are being heard" post now followed by a month of silence rather than just the month of silent and some occasional banter back and forth off topic because either the dev's won't tell doja what they are doing or they won't let him tell us.

I don't mind the lighthearted posts. But they don't add anything meaningful. There are plenty of off topic conversations to read through when I'm bored and a dev commenting their personal opinion on those (while as valid as anyone's opinion) does not count as meaningful communication from the dev's.

My main point is that the lighthearted posts don't count as meaningful communication.
  • Options

Yes, just so long as we can agree that this is in regards to others on the dev team. Doja, by communicating with us, is absolutely doing his job. So to complain when he isn't communicating exactly how you'd like, ESPECIALLY when we don't know what is happening behind the curtains is wrong. If anything that attitude only encourages decreased communication

For clarity, I didn't complain about it. I was explaining to someone else why people were upset with Doja. It wasn't "what" he said, it was "when" he said it. At least that was my take.
  • Options
    Can someone explain to me what this 20% hp is? I'm so confused lol.
  • Options
    I also realize that I probably shouldn't be participating in this whole thread at all since I can't even do this raid. My best toon is a gold tier Vader with 1 zeta and 7*. But I was bored :)
  • Options

The only real difference now, is we get a "you are being heard" post now followed by a month of silence rather than just the month of silent and some occasional banter back and forth off topic because either the dev's won't tell doja what they are doing or they won't let him tell us.

I don't mind the lighthearted posts. But they don't add anything meaningful. There are plenty of off topic conversations to read through when I'm bored and a dev commenting their personal opinion on those (while as valid as anyone's opinion) does not count as meaningful communication from the dev's.

My main point is that the lighthearted posts don't count as meaningful communication.

But communication doesn't always have to be "meaningful" in the sense you mean. It can also help build a "relationship" of sorts (in this case). And I'm good with that. Obviously if Doja was just posting fluff on the forums with no substance ever (almost like a clown juggling pink pom poms for amusement only...great...now I have that in my head) - that would be one thing. But that's not what he does. Thank the maker.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Trake wrote: »

No. Grow up.

Cheers

Sadly, with this ridiculous community, they’ll never like what you say. I feel bad for you man, they couldn’t pay me enough to deal with people

Don't feel bad. I like what I do. And I think the community is passionate, which keeps me on my toes when it's a tough day, but gives me all sorts of good feels when it's a good day.
  • Options

For each 20% HP threshold (i.e. 80%, 60%, 40%, 20%) the raid boss's stats get a serious boost.
  • Options

At 80% health the boss gets 75% more speed and offense. It stacks further at 60%, 40%, and 20%.

So basically if your guild knocks the boss down to 79% and you go do your run, you have a boss hitting 75% harder and going nearly twice as often.

The solution to this has been guilds trying to hit each phase all at once but at 4% each that requires 25 people or so to get on all at once and post damage almost simultaneously. This is a bit difficult to manage for a lot of guilds.

• Options

Nor are they meant to.
  • Options

No. Grow up.

Cheers

Don't feel bad. I like what I do. And I think the community is passionate, which keeps me on my toes when it's a tough day, but gives me all sorts of good feels when it's a good day.

You’re a good man
  • Options

At 80% health the boss gets 75% more speed and offense. It stacks further at 60%, 40%, and 20%.

So basically if your guild knocks the boss down to 79% and you go do your run, you have a boss hitting 75% harder and going nearly twice as often.

The solution to this has been guilds trying to hit each phase all at once but at 4% each that requires 25 people or so to get on all at once and post damage almost simultaneously. This is a bit difficult to manage for a lot of guilds.

For each 20% HP threshold (i.e. 80%, 60%, 40%, 20%) the raid boss's stats get a serious boost.

Ok thanks.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

But communication doesn't always have to be "meaningful" in the sense you mean. It can also help build a "relationship" of sorts (in this case). And I'm good with that. Obviously if Doja was just posting fluff on the forums with no substance ever (almost like a clown juggling pink pom poms for amusement only...great...now I have that in my head) - that would be one thing. But that's not what he does. Thank the maker.

I'm not against the fluff posts. They have their place. But the argument I made was that they are not better (or worse) than silence on an issue.

I don't blame Doja. He can only post what he is allowed to. But to say that the information we are getting from the dev's is that much better than before just isn't true in my opinion.

We still don't know their intentions for this raid.

We still don't know what is up with see.
  • DarthVenomis
    473 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I also realize that I probably shouldn't be participating in this whole thread at all since I can't even do this raid. My best toon is a gold tier Vader with 1 zeta and 7*. But I was bored :)

To quote myself, I guess I'm just going to leave this convo to allow the adults (in this game) talk. At least until I am able to participate in this raid.
  • Options

No. Grow up.

Cheers

You’re a good man

You have evidence to support this pure opinion at this point. How about we ask him to earn some currency?

Yea, he purposely took a no win job to deal the whiniest community ever. Plus he does it with poise and calls you “passionate” instead of what you guys actually are. Seems pretty good to me.