Beskar Mandalorian feats [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    I'm a little surprised, but mostly I'm just disappointed. I'd really gotten the feeling these last few weeks and even last few months that we were moving more in the right direction after years of crap, neglect, and abuse. The rewards for the challenge pit were definitely concerning, but I still believed that it didn't mean the end of the progress that had been made. I still had hope.
    This...This brings us back to square one. I'm disappointed because the old CG has once again reared its ugly head. I thought we were over this, but clearly I was just naive. I'd love to see the devs respond to this thread, or Kyno, but I don't think they will. Regardless of whether or not this decision was technically wrong, it is most certainly morally wrong and is once again abuse of the player-base. The terrible IG-11 and Kuill drop-rates, Beskar Mando event being permanent immediately, this GC happening only 2 days in. The fact that they split the feats between two GC's. The Beskar Mando feat along with a Resistance themed GC. This was all carefully thought out and calculated to inflict the most harm possible, **** off the most people, and destroy all the trust we had started to build up in one fell swoop. I honestly don't understand what CG could possibly think they gain from a decision like this. If they haven't seen the improvements from them actually communicating with the community and not being horrible...then there truly is no hope.
    I've had many times when I considered quitting this game. I never once did. But this time is different. This time, we caught a glimpse of the possibility of a better game, a stronger community, before it was taken away. This time we saw what was possible, before it was cruelly taken away by the clawed hands of greed. This time, I don't know if I'm willing to accept whatever solution might be offered as a band-aid. There are only so many times you can patch up the injury without fixing the base problem. At some point, band-aid's are no good anymore. You have to fix the problem at the core, and if that can't be done, then it's all over before it even began.
    Doja, Crumb, if you see this, and I have my doubts...but if you do. I don't know what power you have, I don't know what is in your capacity to do, but if you can do anything, please tell those who do have the power to make those choices, This Is NOT The Way.

Couldn't say better.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Resistance isn't paywalled, though. And it makes sense that when you don't have the faction, you don't get the rewards.

Not having the faction wouldn't stop anyone from getting some mats before.
    If it was the usual "all units standing" feat i would have gotten some even without the right faction

• Options
    Rename feat to "This is the whale"? 🐳
  • Options
    As an aside - this doesn't even make sense from within the game. This GC is Resistance - not scoundrel or even BH. I'm not usually one to accuse CG of "cash grabs" - but this is clearly it.

"Accessibility" was a term @CG_Doja_Fett used several times n the podcast about the event. This ain't it.

If anyone ever questioned if CG was "listening" or cared about player experience this is the clearest communication CG has had in 5 years - a resounding "No."

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • nurm
    107 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Especially the combination with resistance team and mando makes this even worse. This feat is definitly a new level of how they create walls in the game. The wall itself is small, but we can expect that they will add such walls in a constant way.
    I am really interested why CG recurrently kick the community in a such way into the .... Yes they want make money, but that is also possible in a better way, so is this really a matter of skill?
  • Options
    Completely tone deaf.
  • Options
    d8asqueqgpua.png
    yx4d5uq26i0w.png

Here’s the difference in rewards. A big chunk of the mod slicing material, credits, and actual good gear like the finishers.

I’m genuinely curious as to why they thought putting a toon that was just released 2 days ago behind that massive of a paywall was a good idea. Especially when the faction required was resistance. @CG_Doja_Fett this demands an explanation. The amount of rewards isn’t the issue, it’s the principle. What the hell is this?
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    2hsraibg5qlm.png

For December 25th's Galactic Challenge, don't lock 2/3 feats for each tier behind requiring a premium toon

I blame Ultra.

Clearly they saw her post and moved one of the feats to today's event. Now the 25th only has 1/3 feats behind a premium character.

Next time be more spefic when wishing on a Monkey's Paw.
  • Options
    hjdnjubmclhi.png
    qnmyv8s3tmmw.png

Here’s the difference in rewards. A big chunk of mod slicing materials, g11 gear, g12 finishers and credits.

Lovely precedence you’ve set CG. You guys really don’t want the community to have any faith in you or trust you huh? How does this even make sense to include Beskar Mando? He’s not even remotely related to the Reistance. However I may be overlooking just how crucial he and Grogu were in taking down Snoke in TLJ....

@CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat @CG_Doja_Fett cant wait to hear an explanation for this one. Assuming you guys man up and actually respond. Then again I only expect Doja to say something, and not anything remotely relevant since he’s been muzzled by anyone with actual influence in this game.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    2hsraibg5qlm.png

For December 25th's Galactic Challenge, don't lock 2/3 feats for each tier behind requiring a premium toon

I blame Ultra.

Clearly they saw her post and moved one of the feats to today's event. Now the 25th only has 1/3 feats behind a premium character.

Next time be more spefic when wishing on a Monkey's Paw.
    Honestly, offended they didn’t lock all 3 feats behind BMA

Hope they do it next week!
  • Options
    Leodemiurg wrote: »
    I'm a little surprised, but mostly I'm just disappointed. I'd really gotten the feeling these last few weeks and even last few months that we were moving more in the right direction after years of crap, neglect, and abuse. The rewards for the challenge pit were definitely concerning, but I still believed that it didn't mean the end of the progress that had been made. I still had hope.
    This...This brings us back to square one. I'm disappointed because the old CG has once again reared its ugly head. I thought we were over this, but clearly I was just naive. I'd love to see the devs respond to this thread, or Kyno, but I don't think they will. Regardless of whether or not this decision was technically wrong, it is most certainly morally wrong and is once again abuse of the player-base. The terrible IG-11 and Kuill drop-rates, Beskar Mando event being permanent immediately, this GC happening only 2 days in. The fact that they split the feats between two GC's. The Beskar Mando feat along with a Resistance themed GC. This was all carefully thought out and calculated to inflict the most harm possible, **** off the most people, and destroy all the trust we had started to build up in one fell swoop. I honestly don't understand what CG could possibly think they gain from a decision like this. If they haven't seen the improvements from them actually communicating with the community and not being horrible...then there truly is no hope.
    I've had many times when I considered quitting this game. I never once did. But this time is different. This time, we caught a glimpse of the possibility of a better game, a stronger community, before it was taken away. This time we saw what was possible, before it was cruelly taken away by the clawed hands of greed. This time, I don't know if I'm willing to accept whatever solution might be offered as a band-aid. There are only so many times you can patch up the injury without fixing the base problem. At some point, band-aid's are no good anymore. You have to fix the problem at the core, and if that can't be done, then it's all over before it even began.
    Doja, Crumb, if you see this, and I have my doubts...but if you do. I don't know what power you have, I don't know what is in your capacity to do, but if you can do anything, please tell those who do have the power to make those choices, This Is NOT The Way.

Couldn't say better.

Yes you could have....with paragraphs.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    And they miss-titled the feat. "This is the CG way".

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    This is the CG way - lol nicely timed thread merge.

• Options
    For those that are attempting to compete in GAC it’s literally forcing us to pay massively or slowly fall behind.

The new raid was already concerning as it’s already causing attrition and killing guilds as they lose their good players.
  • Options
    Well, it worked on me. I saw I would need beskar mando to get a little bit more loot, so I dropped a few hundred dollars to get kuill and ig starred, and then gear everyone up so they would be capable. Including beskar himself for this.

Haha! I couldn't even type that with a straight face. CG, you blew this one big time.
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Don't really get this logic. The players who would rush to get it based on the few mod mats are likely to have him already, and just leaves the rest of us confused and disappointed.

I like what you've been doing lately CG... but not this.
  • Options
    This is the worst paywall for FTP in some time
  • Options
    CG, you’ve been doing so well lately... WHAT IS THIS??
  • Options
    After a pretty positive set of messages this past few weeks I was edging towards treating myself for Christmas... not any more. Back to the loathing (of CG, and of self for continuing to play this godforsaken game) and the self-imposed spending freeze... 14 months and counting.
  • Options
    Love how their communication doesn’t exist, but don’t worry they won’t waste time merging threads so it doesn’t look like Michigan ave in Chicago a couple months ago up in here.
  • Options
    Dkfusion wrote: »
    Love how their communication doesn’t exist, but don’t worry they won’t waste time merging threads so it doesn’t look like Michigan ave in Chicago a couple months ago up in here.

Forum mods don't get paid. But they actually work.

• Options
    So I managed T7 on the first try, opponents didn't even take a turn until the very end when Spy killed himself from DoTs, using JTR resistance, and yet...

I'm an insulting and ridiculous 16 "keys" from max rewards. Thanks CG... For including the BRAND NEW Legendary toon as a reward gate.

You'd think at this point they'd be actively trying to NOT screw up/be hated.
  • Options
    Guys you don't get it. It's fine if they don't treat us fairly because we got a free gift in the form of the additive drops! That's what TVF thinks so it must be true!

Jokes aside this GC is a complete joke. If you think they will respond to this you are naive. They will bury their heads like they always do when there is any form of backlash.
  • Options
    goponn2zaals.png
    Yeah, let get wreck again ! They need money !
  • Options
    Capitol Gains at it again, this feat req is absurd.
  • Options
    We get it that you guys don't give a flip about anyone who isn't a whale...but do you really have to be so blatant about it?
  • Valeran
    119 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    [Actually nevermind, didn't see another post exists about this!]

Hello everyone,
    I'm feeling a bit disappointed. Mando (Beskar) just came out and it is already a feat in the recent galactic challenge for lots of keycards... in my opinion this is a little against F2P players as no matter how hard were the previous challenges I put my time and effort into different strategies and did full clears, but having a fresh legendary character already as a requirement for whom we can farm characters since like two days was kind of a trash move.

What do you guys think? Do you think this is fair? Have you unlocked the legendary Mandalorian yet?
This discussion has been closed.