The Pit Challenge Tier & Relic 8 [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    Every post I have ever read in any internet forum, including social media, that starts with “Dear X” has been a passive aggressive way to criticise something. I was not disappointed when reading this one either.
  • Options
    Sewpot wrote: »
    Vader lead- Malak,(Sid orThrawn) Badstila,wat for P4. Takes specific turn order but land enough dots for Vader and get his culling blade off and you have 4+% easily.
    Saves GLs for P1-3.

This would be very useful if we could all run that team at a time of our choosing. Are you reading this thread and still coming away with the impression that individuals don't know how to do enough damage when the boss is still above 80% HP?
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options
    Stokat wrote: »
    Every post I have ever read in any internet forum, including social media, that starts with “Dear X” has been a passive aggressive way to criticise something. I was not disappointed when reading this one either.

Unfortunately it was merged here.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Vader lead- Malak,(Sid orThrawn) Badstila,wat for P4. Takes specific turn order but land enough dots for Vader and get his culling blade off and you have 4+% easily.
    Saves GLs for P1-3.

This would be very useful if we could all run that team at a time of our choosing. Are you reading this thread and still coming away with the impression that individuals don't know how to do enough damage when the boss is still above 80% HP?

🤦‍♂️ All I was posting was something to help spread teams around. Don’t want my advice then skip over my message. I don’t care at all about your little problems. Can’t beat the raid- not my problem. Can’t coordinate your guild- not my problem. Don’t like the raid- not my problem. Being part of this call out generation- definitely your problem.
  • Options
    Saves GLs for P1-3.

🤦‍♂️ All I was posting was something to help spread teams around. Don’t want my advice then skip over my message. I don’t care at all about your little problems. Can’t beat the raid- not my problem. Can’t coordinate your guild- not my problem. Don’t like the raid- not my problem. Being part of this call out generation- definitely your problem.

Way to belittle feedback being offered, be dismissive, make it personal and (like CG) completely miss the point. And the judgemental assumption and generalization at the end was a nice touch. Happy Holidays!

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Saves GLs for P1-3.

As constant as the sun does rise, enter you missing the point completely all while being insanely condescending and judgmental.

People know what teams to use. The issue is the universal stacking mechanic that forces people to be on for hours on end waiting to turn in, or in many cases at odd hours in the middle of the night because many guilds are international. This is forcing guilds to break up and reform under strict time zones. Goes against exactly what CG said they wanted for guilds and for even this raid in general but keep enjoying that high horse of yours because people in your guild have either no lives outside of the game, or you are lucky enough to be in a guild with enough people in close enough time zones to over coordinate for this raid.
  • Options
    There is an easy fix.

Drop the garbage stacking mechanic.

Replace it with a stacking mechanic in an individual run (say 10% speed and offense for every 1% damage)

The raid would still be difficult and likely never soloable. Guilds would still need several r5 teams per member.

You could tweak it to allow the amount of damage desired and even add a "boss ignores damage immunity after 5% damage" if you want to limit GL damage further.

This along with a see buff would also help to bridge the gap in raid damage between the "equal" gls.

I believe a realistic target would still be 2-4% for a non GL team and 5-8% for a GL team.

This would still make the raid require either 40-50 guild members each with 3 or 4 r5 teams or 20 members that have 4 gl teams.

So they could easily set the difficulty high without requiring this level of coordination.

I would also go further to say they should adjust the damage and health pool so that most r5 teams get to play the raid until enrage while still only doing the same relative amount of damage. This is just personal preference though. A raid where you get to actually hit the boss, is more fun than going in and getting two of your team killed before you get a turn.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    js4hgdbsqphl.jpeg

Already people posting 50% with one team.
    In no time this raid will be down to 10 members doing the entire raid in 30 min.
  • Options
    js4hgdbsqphl.jpeg

In no time this raid will be down to 10 members doing the entire raid in 30 min.

If the mechanic was working in a match instead of how it's now, you wouldn't be able to do such damages...which was the point of the mechanic by cg's own admission. At this pace we are heading for phase solos, is that what you want to happen?
  • Options
    I hate the stacking mechanic as much as the rest of you, but I'm more upset about the R5 entry gate tbh. The R5 gate needs to go as well. If they roll back the stacking mechanic but leave the R5 gate in place I'm not going to be happy with it.
  • Options
    js4hgdbsqphl.jpeg

But only if you went for the chosen GL. If you went for the newer and "equal" see you have nothing.
  • Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    js4hgdbsqphl.jpeg

If the mechanic was working in a match instead of how it's now, you wouldn't be able to do such damages...which was the point of the mechanic by cg's own admission. At this pace we are heading for phase solos, is that what you want to happen?

I don't understand your point. The stats definitely stack within a single battle when you cross the thresholds.
  • Options
    Xitarus wrote: »
    Another gripe...what is the point of Relics 1-4 now? Purgatory?

Did they stop working? You need 4 teams=20 toons at relic 5 at most for the raid purpose.

Yes, once you have 20...actually 21. But 99% of the players don’t have that yet, thus making R2 - R5 a waiting room. And in any event, what would be the point in having a sub R5 character unless your guild is so well off that they don’t need anymore help, or you have no desire to test different squads.

You don't need to take that many to r5. If you want to hit in each phase, you only need 20 characters at r5. The rest at r1-r4 will work just fine elsewhere in the game.
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Did they stop working? You need 4 teams=20 toons at relic 5 at most for the raid purpose.

Yes, once you have 20...actually 21. But 99% of the players don’t have that yet, thus making R2 - R5 a waiting room. And in any event, what would be the point in having a sub R5 character unless your guild is so well off that they don’t need anymore help, or you have no desire to test different squads.

You don't need to take that many to r5. If you want to hit in each phase, you only need 20 characters at r5. The rest at r1-r4 will work just fine elsewhere in the game.

you need 22 for p2 and p3 sacrifice

we need another rose
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

we need another rose

Just go for see
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options

we need another rose

Just go for see

8/10 perfect joke
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options

we need another rose

Lando?
  • Options

we need another rose

Just go for see

8/10 perfect joke

Whose joking? See is the premium rancor bait
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options

we need another rose

Just go for see

8/10 perfect joke

Whose joking? See is the premium rancor bait

ok
  • Options
    I made an account here just to make a reply to this thread.

It has already been said over and over, but it needs to be said until something is done about this raid. This stacking mechanic is NOT good for the game.

The post that introduced this raid mentioned the devs looked at the rewards structure "to avoid guild in-fighting." This tells me to that to some degree, the devs do care about that happening with something they introduce in the game. Well it has become pretty apparent that this raid is tearing guilds apart, especially international guilds, and for most guilds basically requires a part-time job of at least one of the officers to plan and manage the whole thing. This is all because of the stacking mechanic.

Every player in my guild has at least one GL. We know what we're doing, we can get decent scores in each of the phases with the proper teams. Yet we have yet to beat this raid because inevitably someone screws up airplane mode every single time, and usually it happens multiple times in the same run. Having to rely on airplane mode and simultaneous damage posting that's tallied and tracked by officers is absolutely ridiculous for a mobile game. If it weren't for the holidays there is no way I and the other officers in my guild could have come close trying to coordinate this thing, let alone found a time that works for people across 3-4 different time zones.

Please, PLEASE, for the sake of guild officers' sanity, for the sake of preventing any more guild in-fighting that has already been happening, for the sake of not requiring MMORPG levels of coordination and planning in a mobile game, change the stacking mechanic to be on an individual basis. I don't care if you increase the health pools of each phase by some ridiculous amount. I don't care if the stacking is changed to be individual but per 5% health lost. Just please find a solution to this.

And to anyone claiming "with power creep and future character releases eventually this raid will be as easy as the sith raid, stop whining," I don't think you truly understand how this stacking mechanic works, By the last 20% of any phase you're lucky to get a turn in with any team besides using Han, Jango with separatist lead, or some other cheese team to squeak in 0.5-1%. Sure they could make some GL that starts with damage immunity until it takes a turn, but is that really going to solve the issue of essentially mandating guild-wide simultaneous participation in this thing? Realistically, probably not. Or, maybe you're probably just fine with the way it is since your guild is not having any of these internal issues because either you don't have a time zone issue or your entire guild has players with all 4 GL's and maxed out rosters. If either of those is the case, congratulations on benefiting from a mechanic that punishes a large portion of players just because of the guild they chose to be in.

This raid should be difficult. It should require an entire high-end guild to participate in order to complete it. But requiring this kind of simultaneous participation in a mobile game while making a claim that you want to "avoid guild in-fighting" is somewhat hypocritical and outright bad for the future of the game. Increase the damage/health/speed, increase the stacking to be even more punishing but on a per-player basis, do whatever it takes to keep the raid difficult to compensate for changing the current stacking mechanic, I honestly welcome it. Just please do something that doesn't require an insane level of coordination and real-life compensation outside of the game itself.

I'm not responding to replies to this unless it's Doja or a dev (aka probably not responding). I'm sure there are plenty of people who love this raid the way it is because they don't care how it's affecting so many other players and guilds.
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options
    Will you respond to stealth devs.
  • Options
    js4hgdbsqphl.jpeg

This. So, to summarize - the stacking buffs shockingly don't actually accomplish CG'sstated goal. Instead, they simply reenforce the need for SLKR and punish guilds for having players in multiple time zones. Same stuff, different raid.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    js4hgdbsqphl.jpeg

This. So, to summarize - the stacking buffs shockingly don't actually accomplish CG'sstated goal. Instead, they simply reenforce the need for SLKR and punish guilds for having players in multiple time zones. Same stuff, different raid.

Idk, that video makes it look like the captain does get the bonuses after 80%. It's just that by that time SLKR is already ramped up pretty good.
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options
    js4hgdbsqphl.jpeg

Idk, that video makes it look like the captain does get the bonuses after 80%. It's just that by that time SLKR is already ramped up pretty good.

But the goal was to prevent SLKR from soloing. Which, it still does, but maybe not as much as intended.
  • Options
    js4hgdbsqphl.jpeg

But the goal was to prevent SLKR from soloing. Which, it still does, but maybe not as much as intended.

Right, because CG doesn't actually understand their game very well. Killing our characters faster definitely stops a full solo, but if they wanted to stop 50% in a phase they would have had to add defense stacking to the bonuses.

It's still asinine that it's guild-wide.
  • Options
    The game isnt made for this style of Organisation. We need some ingame tools to have fun playing this raid.
    Its a shame, that you force us to play in airplane mode 50% of the raid.
    Some ppl can't tap outside the game to text in discord because their game can close and the run is over. In airplane mode u can't even use the ingame chat and if u have a good run but u die to quick u can't take airplane mode out because u will log your dmg and the raid might be lost cause of mistakes like that.

We need a better chat and a security check after a run is over. Something like "u did 5% dmg. Do u want to log the dmg now? With yes and no button. Also u need to be able to get into the ingame chat during this time without leaving the dmg log.

Something like that would also be good for tws. You shouldn't need the airplane mode to play an online game.
  • Options
    It seems like we haven't come to a consensus about what the acronym for Challenge Pit will be. On behalf of my fellow guild officers, I'd like to nominate the following: P.I.T.A.