SEE definitely needs a buff!

Replies

• Options
    Too many f2p counters for sure! This very dumb.

Galactic Legends should at least hold their own on defence. Even with out Ultimate they should be able to have some defensive viability. Emperor should of been released as a legendary not Galactic Legend.

I vote for big leadership buff.

I disagree as each gl holds against certain other gl’s. See destroys jml on full auto, jml can beat rey an slkr but again loses to see..Slkr can beat rey but loses easily to jml. Rey can beat any of the other gl’s but can also he beaten by them so they all counter each other in one way or another an then each of the gl’s has a non gl counter or counters as well but none are guaranteed wins. The way u word ur comment no gl should lose on def which would make gac and arena very annoying and boring. I could argue jml needs a buff as his ult is basically useless an most ppl have got the mats for it but have not equipped it cuz its not a lot help an useless if u run any lead besides his which im sure is not what CG intended with his ult. If they start tweaking one gl u could ruin the other gl’s so i say leave em alone. They all have their uses as they are an none reigns supreme over the others.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Guiboudou wrote: »
    This situation could have been very different if CG didn't ignore this massive thread.

I mean, since the beginning, most of people here are reasonnable and just asking, not an instant and full rework, but at least an official word.

This is an issue with one of the most powerfull character in the game and which has hard requirements and no word about it, more than 3 months after.. Incredible

By no word you mean several comments, even one right around when this thread became a thing....

No we don't have an answer, but as you said there was a lot of talk in the beginning and it was a focus on him being bad in arena, which didn't seem to match the data. We see a listing of many counters, and yet not all of those listed are reliable/repeatable at this point.

So while this did start a while ago, things have changed as more players used SEE. During that time we have seen several (official) remarks that they are keeping an eye on the situation and looking at the data.

I agree but just a question. Don't you think a word from CG like "we're aware something's happening with SEE regarding player's reaction, we're invastigating.." could have been good for player's feelings, regarding the investissement to unlock it?
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Xagen wrote: »
    I think the tragedy with SEE is related to JML. They made JML pre-requisites very hard, that why CG want to promote JML as much as possible, If they make SEE at least of the same power level of REY, more people would go for SEE instead of JMl.

Lol tragedy

Have you ever heard of the tragedy of darth plagueis?

No

I thought not
  • Options

Galactic Legends should at least hold their own on defence. Even with out Ultimate they should be able to have some defensive viability. Emperor should of been released as a legendary not Galactic Legend.

See destroys jml on full auto

Not reliably anymore. There are 3 JML teams in my arena top 20 that I always lose to on auto. I think it's because they have good mods and the fact that JML,JKL, GAS benefits much more from R8 than SEE does.

an then each of the gl’s has a non gl counter or counters as well but none are guaranteed wins.

None of the non-GL counters to Rey, SLKR, JML are guaranteed wins. There are some to SEE that are guaranteed wins. And SEE has by far more non-GL counters than all the other GLs combined. Check the video below. It's been a while since I watched it but I think it shows at least 7 or 8 non-GL counters.

https://youtu.be/NEd-SUqs46Y
    If they start tweaking one gl u could ruin the other gl’s so i say leave em alone. They all have their uses as they are an none reigns supreme over the others.

How would fixing SEE so he can't be soloed by other GLs break anything? In the words of Joe Biden, "Come on, man!"

• Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options

I disagree as each gl holds against certain other gl’s. See destroys jml on full auto, jml can beat rey an slkr but again loses to see..Slkr can beat rey but loses easily to jml. Rey can beat any of the other gl’s but can also he beaten by them so they all counter each other in one way or another an then each of the gl’s has a non gl counter or counters as well but none are guaranteed wins. The way u word ur comment no gl should lose on def which would make gac and arena very annoying and boring. I could argue jml needs a buff as his ult is basically useless an most ppl have got the mats for it but have not equipped it cuz its not a lot help an useless if u run any lead besides his which im sure is not what CG intended with his ult. If they start tweaking one gl u could ruin the other gl’s so i say leave em alone. They all have their uses as they are an none reigns supreme over the others.

I would argue Supreme Leader Kylo Ren reigns over all due to raids alone.
  • LeeB
    56 posts Member
    Options
    This situation could have been very different if CG didn't ignore this massive thread.

I mean, since the beginning, most of people here are reasonnable and just asking, not an instant and full rework, but at least an official word.

This is an issue with one of the most powerfull character in the game and which has hard requirements and no word about it, more than 3 months after.. Incredible

By no word you mean several comments, even one right around when this thread became a thing....

No we don't have an answer, but as you said there was a lot of talk in the beginning and it was a focus on him being bad in arena, which didn't seem to match the data. We see a listing of many counters, and yet not all of those listed are reliable/repeatable at this point.

So while this did start a while ago, things have changed as more players used SEE. During that time we have seen several (official) remarks that they are keeping an eye on the situation and looking at the data.

How about they make the data public, I’m sure we will review it within 24 hours for free 👍

• Options
    As someone who unlocked SEE on New Year's Eve, I’ve been pretty happy with him overall.

The main issue he seems to have is that he can be solo’d by a lone GLRey or GLKylo.

There needs to be a way to charge his Ultimate even if there is only one enemy toon.

Also, it’s depressingly easy to kill SEE with Troopers (as the new Galactic Challenge has demonstrated).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I agree but just a question. Don't you think a word from CG like "we're aware something's happening with SEE regarding player's reaction, we're invastigating.." could have been good for player's feelings, regarding the investissement to unlock it?

Do you mean like these?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2187392#Comment_2187392
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2207123#Comment_2207123
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2198133#Comment_2198133
  • Xagen
    407 posts Member
    Options

Data can be based on See beating JMl and Rey + Jedi or See vs JML, Rey and SLKR. The fact that players very rarely use him against SLKR is already a key point for his improvements.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Data can be based on See beating JMl and Rey + Jedi or See vs JML, Rey and SLKR. The fact that players very rarely use him against SLKR is already a key point for his improvements.

So you believe that JML needs a buff too than because the general consensus is to not use him against SEE, correct?
  • Xagen
    407 posts Member
    Options

Do you mean like these?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2187392#Comment_2187392
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2207123#Comment_2207123
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2198133#Comment_2198133

It doesn’t look good at all, take please into account many people who unlocked him at earliest In order to get advantage on Arena and received just Jedi counter, who are going to push away SLKR and Rey completely maybe in 4-5 months or maybe later ‘cause old GLs number is too large
  • Xagen
    407 posts Member
    Options

So you believe that JML needs a buff too than because the general consensus is to not use him against SEE, correct?

1. Just to kind reminder: There are about 2700 See on Arena in comparison with SLKr 16 000, About 12 000 JML in top 100. JMl would hardly have problems as there are no almost See at all on Arena ). 2. SLKR is older GL whose total farmed amount is the most, realising GL incapable of beating previous GL whose number about 31 000 is not very good idea. SLKr has received buff against GAS — very similar actually situation. 3. Fairly speaking, JML should go the strongest GL among others, the second one should be SEE due to pre-requisites, now both new GLs’ pre-requisites DONT correspond to there capabilities. You can farm the cheapest like SLKR and be good at every challenge where it’s possible. If we have matchups See vs JML like See vs Rey for example now, but Both new GLs don’t have problems with previous GLs at all, I assume MUCH less people would participate in this thread
  • Options
    Like it or not, SEEs kit is shot out and needs to be at least touched up.

Regardless of how one feels about his performance in raids, gac, or arena, anyone who has see knows the kit is screwed up when he performs better against top tier teams solo + wat than with a full sith team (whether it’s trio, SE, or random).

I’ve had more success using see + wat against see, rey, and jml than with a full team.

He has no synergy with sith and is himself a one trick pony.

I don’t think the game was designed to be played like this, but as of now it is what it is.
  • LeeB
    56 posts Member
    Options

He does need a buff, his ult is very hard to get, just like SEE ult. Rey ult on the other hand, well it’ll go off twice + whirlwinds of death before SEE gets his off, I assume the same on Jml but I dont have him.

These 2 new GLs are trash in comparison to the old 2, they were rushed, simple as that. Player base getting a bit annoyed with CG so they release the next shiny GLs in a rush to appease people.

There is no argument where SEE and JML are on the same level of kylo and Rey based on investment required. JML and SEE destroy teams to be effective, Kylo and Rey don’t and they require teams to be broken up to beat them.

There is no argument which can show that SEE and Jml are anywhere close to Rey and Kylo. But when you look at the Data and you see Jkr, GAs, hoda, bast and Jml beating Rey, you’ve broken up 3 teams and made 2 teams in effective to beat 1, same goes for SEE with DR, Trio, brood etc...

Clearly CG data hasn’t considered this and looking at an isolated match where SEE with combination can beat Kylo.

I feel sorry for you having to deal with this why they just chill and don’t do nothing. You communicate your opinions which I respect but CG hiding behind their moderators when this could be simply shut down with a yes/no.

@CG_SBCrumb @CG_Doja_Fett all talking about a new way of working with improved communication to the community. A simple plan would chill this thread down. You could of said: data gathering phase 2 months, review of data 1 month, out put communicated to the community with changes or no change. Simple, basic public relations.
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I think the tragedy with SEE is related to JML. They made JML pre-requisites very hard, that why CG want to promote JML as much as possible, If they make SEE at least of the same power level of REY, more people would go for SEE instead of JMl.

Lol tragedy

Have you ever heard of the tragedy of darth plagueis?

No

I thought not

Can you tell me the story?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • biglippedbeast
    340 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    @Kyno yo from when you’re talking to them, a couple of things
    are they aware that see is a cheese toon? I’m recording videos + uploading them to YouTube (I’m hoping to post the vids in a day or so) of SEE + wat absolutely wrecking rey jml and see (all with multiple variations). SEE + wat working better than see + a full team of various varieties of sith doesn’t seem like their intention, nor does it fit with the game in general.

I don’t know if see needs a net buff, but idk, just from his effectiveness being massively increased with only wat in the team, as opposed to a full sith team, kind Of points to the fact that the kit doesn’t really work as is. Idk if that’s the opinion of everyone else here though
  • Options

As for "him being bad in arena, which didn't match the data". What data? Where are you arriving at that conclusion from? Please share the data.

Did you watch the video above here of SEE getting utterly wrecked by Troopers?

Where is SEE's viability elsewhere? I accept his strength against Jedi in arena but he's pretty poor otherwise - unless you can share data that suggests otherwise?
  • LeeB
    56 posts Member
    Options
    Another question or is it broken to?

Sow Discord: sith eternal emp is immune to taunt...?

He isn’t immune to taunt?

At the start of each turn they lose 20% protection, x4 if Jedi.

That also doesn’t happen? He also doesn’t gain 25 protection.

Am I missing something?
  • LeeB
    56 posts Member
    Options
    Has anyone tested the galactic legend effect of 10% health per relic level? At r7 I have 104k with like 1-2k coming from mods, I also have an r8 in my shard which is 114k, your meant to get 22k from r7>8 along + 10% should be a lot higher than 114
  • MikKro
    333 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Stat boost from uniques don't show on character stats page

Edit: also r7 to r8 only adds ~3k hp before mods not 22k
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/aTBj8QzV5hI

Here’s just a taste but yea, there will be more of these to come (I gotta refresh and ask my shard friends to swap teams out).
  • LeeB
    56 posts Member
    Options
    Sith eternal skill: gain 10% mastery per linked/deceived enemy when they use ability.

In theory SEE should hit harder at the end of the battle compared to the start yet I’m consistently hitting the same number.

Am I missing something again?
  • Options
    Yeah, I think the fact that the best SEE team is a solo with Wat in an issue, and highlight his lack of synnergy with the sith faction. It also highlights how misleading his character reveal was, since it made him out to be a Nuke who lacked survivability and needed protection before dealing crazy amounts of dmg, yet his biggest strength is his survivability while his dmg is lackluster.
  • Options
    Yeah, I think the fact that the best SEE team is a solo with Wat in an issue, and highlight his lack of synnergy with the sith faction. It also highlights how misleading his character reveal was, since it made him out to be a Nuke who lacked survivability and needed protection before dealing crazy amounts of dmg, yet his biggest strength is his survivability while his dmg is lackluster.

Yea it’s insane, I mean see + wat absolutely wrecks see + sith....it’s a complete joke.

I mean If this is the toon he is, then whatever; I wish cg would just tell us that sooner than later and let this thread die. But from prior statements from cg and their want to cut down on cheese, see pretty much takes the cake.

Maybe cuz he’s so awful in raids they don’t care? Idk I couldn’t begin to think what their thought process is
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

1. Just to kind reminder: There are about 2700 See on Arena in comparison with SLKr 16 000, About 12 000 JML in top 100. JMl would hardly have problems as there are no almost See at all on Arena ). 2. SLKR is older GL whose total farmed amount is the most, realising GL incapable of beating previous GL whose number about 31 000 is not very good idea. SLKr has received buff against GAS — very similar actually situation. 3. Fairly speaking, JML should go the strongest GL among others, the second one should be SEE due to pre-requisites, now both new GLs’ pre-requisites DONT correspond to there capabilities. You can farm the cheapest like SLKR and be good at every challenge where it’s possible. If we have matchups See vs JML like See vs Rey for example now, but Both new GLs don’t have problems with previous GLs at all, I assume MUCH less people would participate in this thread

1 - that is not the point of the post I was replying to. Also, they dont look at things in this short sighted way, you have to look at the "end game" where "everything is maxed".

2 - older/newer doesnt matter at all. If we are buffing one GL because they have trouble with another GL, then it should be done for all GLs. Also, from other posts above he can beat SLKR with some fair reliability.

3 - I dont recall any statement linking power to prerequisites, maybe you can share a link as to why this should be the way.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »

As for "him being bad in arena, which didn't match the data". What data? Where are you arriving at that conclusion from? Please share the data.

Where is SEE's viability elsewhere? I accept his strength against Jedi in arena but he's pretty poor otherwise - unless you can share data that suggests otherwise?

After speaking to them, the first set of data they looked at seems to have him being good in arena in both O and D (not the worst, at least on D).

Yes they have looked at the videos.
  • Options
    SEE will get a buff the day the game doesnt require to put your phone on airplane mode to beat a raid and doesnt require to force restart the application to try again to beat a GC
  • Options

After speaking to them, the first set of data they looked at seems to have him being good in arena in both O and D (not the worst, at least on D).

Do they have any comment on SEE being a more effective toon with no one on his time but wat, as opposed to a full sith team?

again im sorry for spamming this concept, but yea after having SEE + ULT for a bit now, I dont think he needs an all out buff, but his lack of synergy with anyone but wat makes the toon very weird by this games standards.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options

This says it without saying it: no buff is coming. They watched the videos from this thread and have said and done effectively nothing.

SEE + Wat beating full SEE + Sith squad is WAI (though SEE was advertised to use full squad of tanks... are they trying to give the worst comp ideas? 😂). Just need SEE and Wat. Wow, that is awfully amazing (literal awfully, as in awful).

THEN:
    Players: “SLKR loses to full squad GAS/5s cheese.”
    Devs: “This cannot stand, let’s now go break the game with the buffs we give him.”

NOW:
    Players: “Seems like SEE could use a tweak since even SEE can duo beat himself in a mirror match even with full lineup on defense.”
    Devs: “🤷‍♂️ WAI, thanks for the billion dollars, now go away. We have 3 weeks of holiday coming up in 60 days...Uhh, I mean, we’re looking into it.”

I couldn’t resist using hyperbole and sarcasm.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Do they have any comment on SEE being a more effective toon with no one on his time but wat, as opposed to a full sith team?

again im sorry for spamming this concept, but yea after having SEE + ULT for a bit now, I dont think he needs an all out buff, but his lack of synergy with anyone but wat makes the toon very weird by this games standards.

What you have been discussing is the first real example I have seen of any extensive use of that combo.
This discussion has been closed.