The Pit Challenge Tier & Relic 8 [MEGA]

Replies

• TVF
    36638 posts Member
    Options
    I have a good relationship with the devs. Some of them even let me see them in their true lizard-person form!

TM7Qaqa.gif?noredirect
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I have a good relationship with the devs. Some of them even let me see them in their true lizard-person form!

I assume you're referring to Kowakian monkey-lizards...
  • TVF
    36638 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TopHat (is that better TV)

It is.
  • Options
    I’m not sure a “confirm run” button would be enough.
    Better would be a “confirm run” button, in which case your run is put in the guild queue, and when a Guild Officer sees enough runs in the queue to topple a phase, Officer selects and confirms selected runs.
    That would eliminate issues of game resets, time zones, and accidental postings.
    However: thats an incredible amount of coding.
    Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    I was as frustrated as anyone else when it seemed like the coordination issue was getting ignored, but we got confirmation that they're looking at the issue, and that's all I could really ask for from Doja. I so dearly wish that the CG machine would move much faster (not just regarding this issue, but in general when it comes to all facets of the game), but harping on Doja for making a few lighthearted comments when he's done all he can and isn't the one making decisions isn't a great look.

Like I’ve said, and hopefully man agree, this isn’t on Doja. Once he responded after that corporate response on difficulty, it left his point of responsibility and now lies in the court of Crunb, Cyanides, TopHat (is that better TV) and the imaginary Mark ****. It’s their responsibility now to do right by the player base and fix their poorly designed raid, not Doja’s.

Yea my post wasn't directed at you, I do agree with you here.
    LordDirt wrote: »
    , but we got confirmation that they're looking at the issue, and that's all I could really ask for from Doja.

Go look at the "SEE definitely needs a buff!" thread and see how happy you are with that response. Three months and counting and nothing.

Like I said, I wish CG would move faster, but buffing SEE also isn't something Doja can do alone. In fact, it seems like he went out of his way during the holidays to get started on compiling videos to make a case to the developers that SEE needs a buff, so I don't see how I can not be happy about his (not CG in general) response.
  • Options
    Better would be a “confirm run” button, in which case your run is put in the guild queue, and when a Guild Officer sees enough runs in the queue to topple a phase, Officer selects and confirms selected runs.
    That would eliminate issues of game resets, time zones, and accidental postings.
    Indeed. It would be easier just to remove the raid-wide ramping damage mechanic and replace it with something comparable which applies to each individual attempt. Crazy idea, I know. :D
  • Options
    Help us @CG_Carrie your our only hope!
  • TheExiled
    42 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    The damage by this stupid raid has already been done.

Guilds are losing players left and right because they're jumping ship for guilds that can somehow manage to clear this crap.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    Or losing players who left the game.
  • Options

Trandoshan. Sheesh he calls himself a star wars fan.

;)
  • TVF
    36638 posts Member
    Options
    Foxer2373 wrote: »
    Help us CG_Carrie your our only hope!

User not found.
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options

Instead of doing any kind of confirm button, players should be able to post damage like they do in all other raids - when they are available to make a run at the raid. Then, instead of boosting the raid difficutly guild wide at every 20% health, instead boost the raid difficutly for a individual player for each 20% damage they individually do during a phase.
  • Options
    Fanatic wrote: »

Instead of doing any kind of confirm button, players should be able to post damage like they do in all other raids - when they are available to make a run at the raid. Then, instead of boosting the raid difficutly guild wide at every 20% health, instead boost the raid difficutly for a individual player for each 20% damage they individually do during a phase.

How does -individual boost- work? Which % will it take for the boost? i.e. I did %22 first run, the raid is now at %78, how would that not effect anyone else but me?
  • StarSon
    7471 posts Member
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »

How does -individual boost- work? Which % will it take for the boost? i.e. I did %22 first run, the raid is now at %78, how would that not effect anyone else but me?

You change the ability? That way it doesn't affect everyone else?

Not sure I understand your question. We know they can do in-battle counters, so not sure why that would be harder to do (or harder to grasp) in the raid than it is in the GC's.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Not sure I understand your question. We know they can do in-battle counters, so not sure why that would be harder to do (or harder to grasp) in the raid than it is in the GC's.

One difference from GCs is phase reset. if you cross the threshold in a run and the counter needs to reset. this is just different than GCs, which might be harder to do. just putting it out there, because there are (I believe) a few differences that this does introduce that are not done in GCs. not trying to say this is a bad idea or can't be done.
  • StarSon
    7471 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

One difference from GCs is phase reset. if you cross the threshold in a run and the counter needs to reset. this is just different than GCs, which might be harder to do. just putting it out there, because there are (I believe) a few differences that this does introduce that are not done in GCs. not trying to say this is a bad idea or can't be done.

Actually, there was that one GC in which the personal counter carried over, so they could do that, too.

But pretty sure everyone that's suggested moving the penalty to the individual level is just talking about per run, not per raid. In which case you just put an in-run counter and every 20% the boss gets bonuses. If you transition the phase your damage carries over, otherwise you start fresh each time.
  • Options

Because once you finish a match, it's the raid itself that's under the thresholds
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options

Because once you finish a match, it's the raid itself that's under the thresholds

Right, however the suggestion is to change this aspect to per individual run and no longer for the entire guild.
  • Options
    98x25qsxza4i.jpg

Here is a very rudimentary mock up of what the CPIT aka New Rancor Raid could look like after you finish your attempt. Obviously, the numbers and teams in the photo are not from the CPIT, it is just an image I found online. The idea are the buttons and the percentage I added.

Adding these buttons would remove the need to use airplane mode. Also, the buttons would reduce the amount of people posting damage by accident. Adding a percentage number would help people figure how much damage they did.

Keep the mechanics they way they are now. I'm not saying I like them, I'm just trying to find a way to get rid of the airplane mode nonsense.
  • Options
    How about a 30 second fix...step 1. Remove silly stacking mechanic. Step 2. Increase health pool of each phase by “x”. Step 3. Save and implement. Any others issues that need fixed...maybe unending loyalty? Let me know.
  • StarSon
    7471 posts Member
    Options

Yes, and the ability is based on the current HP of the boss, which is why it affects everyone. The suggestion is to change the ability so it only counts the damage you have done during your run. So if you start at 65% you have normal boss, and once you get below 45% the boss gets first set of bonuses.
  • Options
    I think I'd suggest splitting the difference and making this individual counter last for the duration of the phase. This would help CG's (unstated, but somewhere deduced by me) goal of requiring involvement by more people without requiring them to be active at the same time.

Also, as has been mentioned by others, by only changing the % threshold to be based on individual runs the raid would effectively be much easier. I feel like we have to be ready to give something up in exchange: reduce threshold to 5/10%, boost boss stats, etc.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Yes, and the ability is based on the current HP of the boss, which is why it affects everyone. The suggestion is to change the ability so it only counts the damage you have done during your run. So if you start at 65% you have normal boss, and once you get below 45% the boss gets first set of bonuses.

That would make things much easier, without other changes. as a player can now just throw in multiple teams with no "penalty". There is a misconception that this element is only here to prevent solos.

I thought the suggestion was to make it so that each time you make a run in a phase you get 1 more stack like the current health threshold stack (offense and speed), and they would still probably have some health based threshold also.
  • StarSon
    7471 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

That would make things much easier, without other changes. as a player can now just throw in multiple teams with no "penalty". There is a misconception that this element is only here to prevent solos.

I thought the suggestion was to make it so that each time you make a run in a phase you get 1 more stack like the current health threshold stack (offense and speed), and they would still probably have some health based threshold also.

I have no misconception. I don't actually care why it's there. The mechanic is bad. If they have to make other changes to get rid of it then fine.
  • Options

This doesn't sound much better either, though. Instead of having to coordinate, now everyone will wait until someone else starts hacking at P2 Rancor, since the top rewards will be shared between those that bridge the last 20-30% of P2 and start of P3 with SLKR.

• StarSon
    7471 posts Member
    Options

This doesn't sound much better either, though. Instead of having to coordinate, now everyone will wait until someone else starts hacking at P2 Rancor, since the top rewards will be shared between those that bridge the last 20-30% of P2 and start of P3 with SLKR.

Not really any different than any other raid.

But, if that's not acceptable, then decrease the thresholds, or add something to penalize phase transitions.

As I said right before you quoted this, I really don't care. The mechanic that's there now is bad. No one likes it. Change mechanics as necessary to get rid of it.
  • Options

Another thought is way more involved (from a programming standpoint)... this particular raid is heavily focused on coordinated damage... start of p1 many teams can contribute 5% or more... late in p1, a team that could have done 50% of the phase might not take a turn, one attack from a full squad of relic 7s or zero output altogether is also entirely possible... the point is... our guild has great contributors from literally across the globe... 5 pm may be inconvenient for me, but that makes it 3AM when synchronized to Australia... nothing in the game has ever been so heavily dependent on next tier rewards requiring synchronous actions... The mechanic of scaling damage from the raid pushes coordination, but unintentionally punishes diversity...

The solution is to provide a “hold until approved” option for guild officers... every player may attack, but rather than posting damage at the conclusion, damage is queued!! Players could reset their own ‘damage held’ and try again, once a guild officer approves/posts damage by “player A”, THEN “player A” could queue a new attack! In the meantime players can keep playing !!! Right now we are (suggestively) making a run, holding in airplane mode, jumping into discord to coordinate, players at this point can do literally anything other than swgoh..!!! but even can’t fix that the time zone isn’t viable for too many players in our guild.... if we continue to progress, the only outcome is that those outside of the time zone are just left behind, and once again their best option is to leave the guild and move on... after years playing together!!!

The ideal state for this would provide as much flexibility as possible...
    Allow officers to select and de-select players’ damage, (add the result... preferably in phase completion %) then “accept and post”
    Allow officers to post individual(s) and “continue to hold the remaining queue”
    Allow officers to discard all (with a warning, ie, end of phase)
    Allow officers to “accept and post ALL- automatically” (each player gets their one queued damage at end of queue timer, ie 12 hr queue, every player automatically has their 1 queued damage posted)
    Damage to queue min hold 15 minutes (a guild has p1 locked down, but needs time for p2 coordination)
    Damage to queue max hold 24 hours (4 phases, 2 day raid limit, however this is the golden ticket for when progression makes the raid less difficult) for example if applied to HSTR, I can run a SLKR start to finish in about 20 minutes, other players would get the opportunity to do the same or anything else in any phase of the raid for the next 23 hrs instead of jumping on to play only to find 30 minutes after the raid began its well into the reward countdown timer...., my full clear could be held, and others in the guild could have their queued damage posted to the raid so they get to enjoy the raid content as well...

The point is not to abandon the need for coordination, the point is to support it !
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

that may also be a purpose and they could add in a stack or other "penalties" for phase transitions.
  • Options
    Has there been any discussion to allow a roster reset option for guilds?

This option could be selected by guild officers and would be a single reset that reduces payouts by half but would allow many guilds to be viable... as it stands now, my ONLY options as a top contributor are to leave my guild, or to give up on all relic 8 until who knows how long it takes for others to catch up...

The way it plays out now, is to work your way up with your guild, because you absolutely need one to progress... until you are at or near the top... then leave everyone you had played alongside to progress any further... ouch ! It’s a different beast for LS/ds tb, there small incremental increases are valuable... challenge pit is all or nothing !
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    WhoDat wrote: »
    Has there been any discussion to allow a roster reset option for guilds?

This option could be selected by guild officers and would be a single reset that reduces payouts by half but would allow many guilds to be viable... as it stands now, my ONLY options as a top contributor are to leave my guild, or to give up on all relic 8 until who knows how long it takes for others to catch up...

The way it plays out now, is to work your way up with your guild, because you absolutely need one to progress... until you are at or near the top... then leave everyone you had played alongside to progress any further... ouch ! It’s a different beast for LS/ds tb, there small incremental increases are valuable... challenge pit is all or nothing !

They have been pretty clear this is meant to be a challenge. I dont see them trying to introduce an element to make it easier, even for less rewards.

Yes, every time a new guild thing is released, players leave guilds or are faced with this choice and guilds even break up. That will always happen when content is introduced and not everyone can complete it. (I am not saying anything about guilds "who can" but are not due to the coordination mechanics)