[MEGATHREAD]: Road Ahead - January 2021

Replies

  • Calo_Nord wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Its hard to feel the ocean of content that was promised when all im seeing is 1 new thing you guys are working on in your biggest post for this quarter.

    You’re mistaken. Oceans and endless wells are what we got last year. They’ve promised no such thing this year

    Kyno is proud of you.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Calo_Nord wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Its hard to feel the ocean of content that was promised when all im seeing is 1 new thing you guys are working on in your biggest post for this quarter.

    You’re mistaken. Oceans and endless wells are what we got last year. They’ve promised no such thing this year

    Kyno is proud of you.

    As well he should be whenever I joke around at CG’s expense. 😁

    Hilbert’s Grand hotel and the Banach-Tarski paradox were criminally omitted from your quotation of me.

  • ShaggyB
    2028 posts Member
    edited January 31
    TVF wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Fieldgulls wrote: »
    The road ahead seems very bumpy...

    Pretty empty. Seems like 1 truck and thats it

    Fourms: We need more to do!
    CG: Here's an entire new game mode on the way
    Forums: That's it???

    Again i want to see a mode and new characters and quality of life upgrades in a Road Ahead post.

    In a State of the Galaxy post i expect to see 1 item, maybe more, thats coming in the next week or 2 / that month (depending on when the post is made).

    So yes "That's it?" Is the response.
  • I don't think I'll like it, but any additional source of gear is welcome i guess
  • IvoB1987 wrote: »
    I don't think I'll like it, but any additional source of gear is welcome i guess

    Would u pay more to get it?
  • Will a screenshot of roster be taken when we join? If so an event that takes weeks will be annoying as we work on our rosters?
  • Kyno
    31727 posts Moderator
    Will a screenshot of roster be taken when we join? If so an event that takes weeks will be annoying as we work on our rosters?

    @DuneSeaFarmer no there is no roster lock. we dont have roster lock on any PvE events.
  • Ultra
    8467 posts Moderator
    Well, if there is no roster lock, then players will be moving mods all the time before going into a battle in Conquest, and we currently have a 200 mod loadout limit, with ~200 characters in the game

    we need more than just one loadout per character
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Will a screenshot of roster be taken when we join? If so an event that takes weeks will be annoying as we work on our rosters?

    @DuneSeaFarmer no there is no roster lock. we dont have roster lock on any PvE events.

    Good! Ty
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3377 posts Member
    edited February 2
    Ultra wrote: »
    Well, if there is no roster lock, then players will be moving mods all the time before going into a battle in Conquest, and we currently have a 200 mod loadout limit, with ~200 characters in the game

    we need more than just one loadout per character

    I guess since it is PVE it's not a consideration (moving mods)? More loadouts would be helpful.
  • I’d be glad to see something where the guys with bigger rosters are rewarded vs the slimmed ones like gac.
  • Don't you think waiting for a month to get the rewards is way to much. I mean it annoys me to even wait for 3 days in GC.
  • Kyno
    31727 posts Moderator
    TerryH wrote: »
    Don't you think waiting for a month to get the rewards is way to much. I mean it annoys me to even wait for 3 days in GC.

    At this point we dont really have a breakdown, they said they will also give out rewards throughout. This means it's possible that we see 1/2 the rewards get distributed through that and then a prize box at the end with the rest. Or some other breakdown that doesnt feel like you are waiting "that long".... but we will have to wait and see.

  • RTS
    462 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    TerryH wrote: »
    Don't you think waiting for a month to get the rewards is way to much. I mean it annoys me to even wait for 3 days in GC.

    At this point we dont really have a breakdown, they said they will also give out rewards throughout. This means it's possible that we see 1/2 the rewards get distributed through that and then a prize box at the end with the rest. Or some other breakdown that doesnt feel like you are waiting "that long".... but we will have to wait and see.

    giphy.gif
  • I know Goh is focused on mando characters from the show etc but I sure would love more kotor stuff (Darth Malgus especially) 😜
  • February calendar?
  • Will a screenshot of roster be taken when we join? If so an event that takes weeks will be annoying as we work on our rosters?

    It's a PvE mode, so I would really doubt your roster will be snapshotted.
  • Harrisx wrote: »
    I know Goh is focused on mando characters from the show etc but I sure would love more kotor stuff (Darth Malgus especially) 😜

    I'd love to see stuff like that in the game.
  • Harrisx wrote: »
    I know Goh is focused on mando characters from the show etc but I sure would love more kotor stuff (Darth Malgus especially) 😜

    I'd love to see stuff like that in the game.

    Can we edit this to MOAR SITH 🥴😂
  • I really just want Waxer, seriously though, having 1 or 2 exclusive characters in this mode would make it more beneficial for endgame players who don’t need gear AS much.
  • That being said everyone needs gear ;), but I know characters like KAM/Wat are more motivating for me. Maybe Kalani/Pawns duo? In a collection game I think hard-to-get non GL characters are my favorite kind of game rewards.
  • I'm very excited for this new expansion, however, I hope it won't have LS Geo difficulty.
  • Nauros
    4717 posts Member
    Valeran wrote: »
    I'm very excited for this new expansion, however, I hope it won't have LS Geo difficulty.

    Do you really expect any less? The only question is at which point during the playthrough it starts. That's pretty much the only way if they don't want the whole game mode solved on its first run.
  • Kyno
    31727 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »
    Valeran wrote: »
    I'm very excited for this new expansion, however, I hope it won't have LS Geo difficulty.

    Do you really expect any less? The only question is at which point during the playthrough it starts. That's pretty much the only way if they don't want the whole game mode solved on its first run.

    much like we are seeing with GCs, this game mode will be built with flexibility in mind. while i'm sure sectors are going to scale in difficulty, the loss of playable toons through stamina, and the ability for them to change teams and other elements, the difficulty may not necessarily be what makes it a challenge. Having a wide roster so you can counter the teams you face and teams ready to take on the boss level, may be more the focus. Developing more and wider, vs single focused set of teams.
  • Nauros
    4717 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Valeran wrote: »
    I'm very excited for this new expansion, however, I hope it won't have LS Geo difficulty.

    Do you really expect any less? The only question is at which point during the playthrough it starts. That's pretty much the only way if they don't want the whole game mode solved on its first run.

    much like we are seeing with GCs, this game mode will be built with flexibility in mind. while i'm sure sectors are going to scale in difficulty, the loss of playable toons through stamina, and the ability for them to change teams and other elements, the difficulty may not necessarily be what makes it a challenge. Having a wide roster so you can counter the teams you face and teams ready to take on the boss level, may be more the focus. Developing more and wider, vs single focused set of teams.

    Not sure if you have more info or not, but from my point of view, it makes sense that it will reach or even exceed the difficulty of LS Geo TB in the later stages. After all, it will probably be made future-proof to some extend, anticipating (if not directly counting with) progression stages we don't see yet. Of course good management and wide roster will be the key, but imo the difficulty will play a significant role as well. I may be mistaken, though.
  • Will a screenshot of roster be taken when we join? If so an event that takes weeks will be annoying as we work on our rosters?

    It's a PvE mode, so I would really doubt your roster will be snapshotted.

    I understand your reticence to speak in absolutes, as a programmer myself there is an old adage.. "The difference between a new Programmer and a more experienced (older) programmer is the new programmer will say "That's no problem" Whereas a more experienced will say "That shouldn't be a problem". "

    LOL

    My advice to those working on the new event is, packaging is everything. If it is presented as a blatant cash grab, with pay walls etc, you will lose more of the long time players. I've seen many strong players just walk away. And they won't be back. To be clear, I'm not predicting the doom of the game, just doing my part to help it continue. Best of luck to us all :)
  • Kyno
    31727 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Valeran wrote: »
    I'm very excited for this new expansion, however, I hope it won't have LS Geo difficulty.

    Do you really expect any less? The only question is at which point during the playthrough it starts. That's pretty much the only way if they don't want the whole game mode solved on its first run.

    much like we are seeing with GCs, this game mode will be built with flexibility in mind. while i'm sure sectors are going to scale in difficulty, the loss of playable toons through stamina, and the ability for them to change teams and other elements, the difficulty may not necessarily be what makes it a challenge. Having a wide roster so you can counter the teams you face and teams ready to take on the boss level, may be more the focus. Developing more and wider, vs single focused set of teams.

    Not sure if you have more info or not, but from my point of view, it makes sense that it will reach or even exceed the difficulty of LS Geo TB in the later stages. After all, it will probably be made future-proof to some extend, anticipating (if not directly counting with) progression stages we don't see yet. Of course good management and wide roster will be the key, but imo the difficulty will play a significant role as well. I may be mistaken, though.

    what you are saying right there is why i dont think it necessarily needs to be a hard wall like LS Geo. that needed to be so future proofed due to lack of flexibility.

    This game mode, much like GCs that it is based on, can simply have teams and difficulty changed "at any point" , so while I agree it may be difficult in say the last sector, they can keep progress that way as rosters develop and new toons come out.

    Do you see what I mean? not to say it wont be difficult, but that they can keep a curve of difficulty over time, without having it be a brick wall like LSGeo.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Valeran wrote: »
    I'm very excited for this new expansion, however, I hope it won't have LS Geo difficulty.

    Do you really expect any less? The only question is at which point during the playthrough it starts. That's pretty much the only way if they don't want the whole game mode solved on its first run.

    much like we are seeing with GCs, this game mode will be built with flexibility in mind. while i'm sure sectors are going to scale in difficulty, the loss of playable toons through stamina, and the ability for them to change teams and other elements, the difficulty may not necessarily be what makes it a challenge. Having a wide roster so you can counter the teams you face and teams ready to take on the boss level, may be more the focus. Developing more and wider, vs single focused set of teams.

    Not sure if you have more info or not, but from my point of view, it makes sense that it will reach or even exceed the difficulty of LS Geo TB in the later stages. After all, it will probably be made future-proof to some extend, anticipating (if not directly counting with) progression stages we don't see yet. Of course good management and wide roster will be the key, but imo the difficulty will play a significant role as well. I may be mistaken, though.

    what you are saying right there is why i dont think it necessarily needs to be a hard wall like LS Geo. that needed to be so future proofed due to lack of flexibility.

    This game mode, much like GCs that it is based on, can simply have teams and difficulty changed "at any point" , so while I agree it may be difficult in say the last sector, they can keep progress that way as rosters develop and new toons come out.

    Do you see what I mean? not to say it wont be difficult, but that they can keep a curve of difficulty over time, without having it be a brick wall like LSGeo.

    Is this new event scalable for all levels or "END GAME" content? i.e. 85, relic 5 etc
Sign In or Register to comment.