Conquest Launch [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    Why does the second to last box reward more gear 12+ gear than the max box? Same with the carbonite boards?
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    Options
    There is a way to see the current stats of my characters reduced due to lack of stamina. Great !

Is there a way to see the current stats of my characters buffed via my data cards ? Or does this "stamina included" number do it all ?
  • Options
    Pro
    • It's fun!!
    • It is not linear, we have to think, take chances etc.
    • It's SWGOH: the board game, yes!
    • No gating (yet at least), a big YES for that one
    • By picking different data disc the player can influence the whole conquest experience themselves

Cons
    • It's a bit bloated, there is 2 types of energy (incl. Stamina), Data discs, all the Consumables, 2 types of feats, Modifiers, stars, key cards, rewards, reward crates, loads of shops and likely more I just have forgotten. I like it, but it is a high threshold for less dedicated players.
    • We cannot see the stats (read: speed) of our opponents.
    • There is not a lot of reason to buy stuff yet - but I'm a high end player and this was Normal mode, so it might change down the line.

How to improve
    • Can consumables and data disc be combined? Perhaps with data discs having the ability they have now, and then having the option of temporary giving them a boost (like the consumables give)?
    • Join the Jawa shops in some way (shared inventory, add them to the Conquest store or something). There is a lot of shops currently
    • Join the feats on one page, perhaps add the sector feats below the event feats.
    • In battle trackers of feats
    • "Modifiers" are perhaps hidden a bit, could they be shown at the same time as "Enemies".
  • Options
    @CG_Doja_Fett So I was wondering, do data disks stack? For example: something like “when an ally falls below 100% health they gain 16% offense”. In the description it says nothing about stacking, however if you have multiple of those disks does that mean it happens multiple times? And regarding Conquest in general 1) how much change is expected to be seen after exhibition?
    2) can we get new backgrounds?
    3) will this also be next quarters and road aheads focus
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    CG_Doja_Fett So I was wondering, do data disks stack? For example: something like “when an ally falls below 100% health they gain 16% offense”. In the description it says nothing about stacking, however if you have multiple of those disks does that mean it happens multiple times? And regarding Conquest in general 1) how much change is expected to be seen after exhibition?

@commander_paw_212 yes they stack

1) right after, I dont think even he can answer that. From discussions about this mode earlier, some of the feedback will go to QoL and others will be implemented as quickly as it can, but some things take time
    2) probably not
    3)while they do try to keep them quarterly, they have stated that is not the strict schedule they will follow. You will find out what's on the next RA when everyone else does.
  • Options
    I kinda think they need do something about energy recharging rates or refresh cost vs rewards level. Otherwise after my initial excitement of using crystals to refresh energy, I see no point of doing crystal refresh and use my entire roster to play. I can just login once or twice a day, use GLs to get 3 stars on 8 nodes and call it a day. It will become a chore after a while.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    sloweagle wrote: »
    I kinda think they need do something about energy recharging rates or refresh cost vs rewards level. Otherwise after my initial excitement of using crystals to refresh energy, I see no point of doing crystal refresh and use my entire roster to play. I can just login once or twice a day, use GLs to get 3 stars on 8 nodes and call it a day. It will become a chore after a while.

@sloweagle that is kind of the point, it's meant to be doable without crystals and not meant to be an overwhelming amount of game play per day.

The refreshes are what will get you closer to maximum rewards or progress in Hard where you may not win every battle 3* first time.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

I think it will start to matter more on hard mode. With high relics, stat bonuses and modifiers, there will be teams that give trouble even to GLs, especially with depleted stamina.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    CG_Doja_Fett So I was wondering, do data disks stack? For example: something like “when an ally falls below 100% health they gain 16% offense”. In the description it says nothing about stacking, however if you have multiple of those disks does that mean it happens multiple times? And regarding Conquest in general 1) how much change is expected to be seen after exhibition?

@commander_paw_212 yes they stack

1) right after, I dont think even he can answer that. From discussions about this mode earlier, some of the feedback will go to QoL and others will be implemented as quickly as it can, but some things take time
    2) probably not
    3)while they do try to keep them quarterly, they have stated that is not the strict schedule they will follow. You will find out what's on the next RA when everyone else does.

I appreciate the response Kyno, to clarify, I’m not asking what’s on the road ahead. When they release galactic challenges they spread it out through multiple quarters, and that’s kinda what I’m asking. Is it a “couple of bug fixes” or “heavy change” after event kind of thing. So to clarify, I’m not trying to ask for spoilers
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

commander_paw_212 yes they stack

2) probably not

I appreciate the response Kyno, to clarify, I’m not asking what’s on the road ahead. When they release galactic challenges they spread it out through multiple quarters, and that’s kinda what I’m asking. Is it a “couple of bug fixes” or “heavy change” after event kind of thing. So to clarify, I’m not trying to ask for spoilers

Ok. The things you are referencing are not what they would consider RA material. So that will not be the next RA.

I wouldnt expect any "heavy changes". You can look throughout the threads and other areas of discussion, there doesnt seem to be any "huge issues". Generally speaking there are many sought touches they will evaluate and make as they can, much of which may happen in the first break after exhibition.

They have a lot to consider and look at, but that is not generally something discussed in a RA.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

I think it will start to matter more on hard mode. With high relics, stat bonuses and modifiers, there will be teams that give trouble even to GLs, especially with depleted stamina.

My point is that my GLs team with meta toons plus the data disk I collect will get 3 stars each time as they will all be full stamina too. All teams recover to full stamina 5 hours after single use. 8x14=112 battles seem enough to finish max rewards for Normal.
    Will see how hard mode turn out to be. It is a good game mode to add for sure. I enjoyed it so far, but see it can be a chore if it stays as what it is now. Personally I would prefer them to increase rewards a little bit, reduce energy cost, but make stamina recover much more slowly to force people use entire roster.
  • Options
    HughZ wrote: »
    I made this account just to post on this. I've been playing for a few months this is way too hard for me. Unfortunately I don't have any relic characters yet but getting close maybe a few months. Normal difficult says 1 mil gp at least and I am only able to get through the Phoenix Squad with 1 star with 1.3 mil GP. Why can't they make a lower tier. Or make a relic requirement in order to play Normal mode? Not trying to be whiny but unfortunately my toons arent too top heavy, a few gear 11s and and some journey characters that arent fully leveled.

Not to be mean but this mode isn't for you then. The order is Galactic War -> Normal Conquest -> Hard Conquest. Conquest is for end game players with larger rosters and plenty of depth. You don't need relics for sector 1, but you need g11-g12 for sure so your development just isn't ready for this challenge yet. Everything in this game is something to work toward. So just keep at it!

Well you are bit mean..
    My question is then what game mode should be good for players like me?
    Dont come with the galactic war as i already just "sim" it..
    I have 1.2 GP and i stucked at the center of sector 1.
    Fyi g11 not realy enoug more like g12+ with not just one team rather like 4-5.
    Im fine with this if we would have a dificulty inteted for a players around 1-1.5 milion.
    Like other games already doing this kind of aproach.

Also please dont say that jut keep at it and other things as in this "fast" world its not really tempting to work 6 months or more to be able to beat sector 1. You will lost your interest as you just will just hit the wall.
    Developers should give you something which you can keep you on the road.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »

My point is that my GLs team with meta toons plus the data disk I collect will get 3 stars each time as they will all be full stamina too. All teams recover to full stamina 5 hours after single use. 8x14=112 battles seem enough to finish max rewards for Normal.
    Will see how hard mode turn out to be. It is a good game mode to add for sure. I enjoyed it so far, but see it can be a chore if it stays as what it is now. Personally I would prefer them to increase rewards a little bit, reduce energy cost, but make stamina recover much more slowly to force people use entire roster.

Slower stamina regen would just put a bigger burden on players already struggling with normal mode. It seems that you (and I) are simply beyond normal already, let's just wait what hard mode brings.
    Besides, you ommit feats from your calculations. 112 battles might not be enough to complete all of them, especially when GL teams don't fulfill the criteria.
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options

Feats will prevent you to use the same team over and over and 100% the challenge.

Edit: just saw Nauros response. What he said then ^^
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    Options
    Tomesz99 wrote: »

What's your arena team ? Seems odd that with a g12+ arena team + the data disks + the consumables you can purchase with the currency you already gained you got stuck at the middle of sector 1, especially because you can usually choose between 2 opponents. A single g12+ arena team should be enough to aim for the boss battle imo.

• Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

Feats will prevent you to use the same team over and over and 100% the challenge.

Not exactly same teams again and again. Unless it is faction based feat, they can be finished mostly by GL teams. For example, Rey/Jawa for the bomb, Vader/SEE for dots, kill 3 in one turn, JML plus GMY for evading. Basically most of the feats are easier done with a GL than without,

• Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    I made this account just to post on this. I've been playing for a few months this is way too hard for me. Unfortunately I don't have any relic characters yet but getting close maybe a few months. Normal difficult says 1 mil gp at least and I am only able to get through the Phoenix Squad with 1 star with 1.3 mil GP. Why can't they make a lower tier. Or make a relic requirement in order to play Normal mode? Not trying to be whiny but unfortunately my toons arent too top heavy, a few gear 11s and and some journey characters that arent fully leveled.

Not to be mean but this mode isn't for you then. The order is Galactic War -> Normal Conquest -> Hard Conquest. Conquest is for end game players with larger rosters and plenty of depth. You don't need relics for sector 1, but you need g11-g12 for sure so your development just isn't ready for this challenge yet. Everything in this game is something to work toward. So just keep at it!

Well you are bit mean..
    Im fine with this if we would have a dificulty inteted for a players around 1-1.5 milion.

Also please dont say that jut keep at it and other things as in this "fast" world its not really tempting to work 6 months or more to be able to beat sector 1. You will lost your interest as you just will just hit the wall.

Game modes good for players at your level:
    3/4 raids, 2 Hoth TBs, DS Geo TB, Galactic War, Grand Arena, Squad Arena, Fleet Arena, Galactic Challenges, TWs and Conquest (I truly believe someone at your level can earn the 1st rewards crate). I probably missed some other modes, but this list leaves out events so far as well.

Events good for players at your level:
    Assault Battles, 2 NS events, Ewok event, Marquee events, Journey guide events, mythic events, Capital fleet events, Galactic Bounties and omega battles. Again, there are likely more events to be listed, but this is off the top of my head.

If you can’t stay on the road with all of these to work with, then this may not be the game for you. To farm the characters required is definitely a grind and the longer you do it, the easier it gets. People who farm GLs often spend months farming characters and gear to be able to participate. This is simply an aspect of this game.

I wish you luck in your journey in the game or elsewhere.
  • Options

Well you are bit mean..

Everything in this game is a long term grind so I don't see how Galactic Conquest differs from any other aspect of the game. Legendary toons are a grind. Galactic Legends are a grind. TB is a grind. You might not like the answer is War, but that is the answer. CG has been doing a TON of things for newer players; this mode is designed for those of us who've been playing much longer and have larger rosters. Your GP isn't even the soft minimum so your struggle is expected. Would you rather CG just lock you out of being able to participate at all?

And FYI, my G12 (w/g11 Spirit) NS team in my alt cleared relic phoenix in sector 2 so G12 and G11 CAN do it. That same team has been wiping every geonosian team I face.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Missiour wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    @CG_Doja_Fett or Mr @CG_SBCrumb loving the game mode, have a clarification question
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/241766/the-galactic-conquest-begins-soon
    Note: Consumables, Data Disks are reset after each event, but Conquest Currency will remain for you to use on the next event. Conquest Currency has a cap of 3,500.

If I am understanding that statement correctly If I where to purchase a stim pack with credits or crystals and didn't use it this go around it will just be deleted and it is a wasted purchase?
    and what happens if I purchase them during the 2 weeks the event is running from the store are those also to be deleted when the new one starts?
    Correct, all consumables are reset for the next event Conquest. Those stim packs will be removed no matter where you purchased them from.

So will the store not allow you to buy them when the event is not running so people are not just throwing credits out the window? Doesn't make sense that you can spend crystals and credits on something that you can never use

If you're not going to use it don't buy it? Lol?

How would you use them if the event isn't running. Reading is fundamental.

Don't buy them when an event isn't running then lol? Only buy them when you need them.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    CG_Doja_Fett or Mr CG_SBCrumb loving the game mode, have a clarification question
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/241766/the-galactic-conquest-begins-soon
    Note: Consumables, Data Disks are reset after each event, but Conquest Currency will remain for you to use on the next event. Conquest Currency has a cap of 3,500.

If I am understanding that statement correctly If I where to purchase a stim pack with credits or crystals and didn't use it this go around it will just be deleted and it is a wasted purchase?
    and what happens if I purchase them during the 2 weeks the event is running from the store are those also to be deleted when the new one starts?
    Correct, all consumables are reset for the next event Conquest. Those stim packs will be removed no matter where you purchased them from.

So will the store not allow you to buy them when the event is not running so people are not just throwing credits out the window? Doesn't make sense that you can spend crystals and credits on something that you can never use

Don't buy them when an event isn't running then lol? Only buy them when you need them.

lziteabzyo3q.jpg
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_Doja_Fett or Mr @CG_SBCrumb loving the game mode, have a clarification question

I could see lots of player stockpiling stim packs now as hard mode is still an unknown (there where many I have talked to considering doing that.) I am happy the store will be closed between events so people can't make that mistake. After having played this game since the start I have learned i thing. Better to ask the question and know for sure than take a WAG and get burnt by it. Players do many weird things or think of weird things that others don't (see it all the time with requests for my bot).
    giphy.gif
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

Not exactly same teams again and again. Unless it is faction based feat, they can be finished mostly by GL teams. For example, Rey/Jawa for the bomb, Vader/SEE for dots, kill 3 in one turn, JML plus GMY for evading. Basically most of the feats are easier done with a GL than without,

Good point. Having a GL on stimpacks could help you go a long way in Conquest mode.

But I don't see it being enough when you'll encounter other GLs that your GL have issue against. Moreover, there are faction based feats. So you'll need at least some depth if you want to 100% the whole thing.
  • Options
    While other people got 4 purple discs I got zero. Why was it necessary to allow for that level of randomness? In hard mode this is going to make for a substantial difference in squad performance. Players with discs of lesser power might have to spend on consumables to compensate.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    While other people got 4 purple discs I got zero. Why was it necessary to allow for that level of randomness? In hard mode this is going to make for a substantial difference in squad performance. Players with discs of lesser power might have to spend on consumables to compensate.

@QuickGoneJim do you mean people at the same point as you are ? Are they further along?
  • Options

@QuickGoneJim do you mean people at the same point as you are ? Are they further along?

I completed all sectors. I talk about people who didn’t even start sector 5 yet.
  • Options
    One thing I would like, is if the nodes worked more like TW, where it keeps your damage, toons killed, etc. So you could wear down a really tough squad with 2 or more attacks.

It would help weaker players and maybe help some people from just coming to a dead stop in progression.
  • Options
    One thing I would like, is if the nodes worked more like TW, where it keeps your damage, toons killed, etc. So you could wear down a really tough squad with 2 or more attacks.

It would help weaker players and maybe help some people from just coming to a dead stop in progression.

but then we'd lose those toons.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    So the conquest store as is, right now, is very weak. If the main focus are the consumables then the current slots for the bad gear and bad mando toons should go, unless I’m not recalling correctly that those are place holders for the exhibition.

If anything I’d say use those slots for permanent razor crest shards, or at least rotating that and some newer toon to make it kinda fun, and the other for higher demand gear to help with the crunch. Or even one spot for gear and another for pure carbonite circuit boards lol
  • Options
    I decided to wait a few days before posting, just to see if the initial excitement would wear off. I'm glad to say that it hasn't! I'm still really enjoying this mode, kudos to all the developers who helped to make Conquest! I'm taking it slow and haven't done any refreshes so I'm just in sector 3, but these data disks are so fun and add a great new dimension to gameplay. It's not a timesink, and I can choose when to play, which I find to be great.

Of course, as with everything new, there are some thing I think could be improved, and some that definitely need to be improved. Most of these have already been mentioned by others but i'll still put them on my list:

Feats - It's just not very intuitive to have three different types of feats that are in three different places. I literally got 5 battles in before someone in my guild reminded me that event feats exist. I forgot about them because we can't see them when we're in each sector, only when we exit the sector into the main Conquest menu. I think it would be good to have a unified feats page, with tabs for "Event" as well as each of the sectors, where the feats can be listed. Maybe even include a "Go" button that takes you directly to each sector if you have it unlocked?

End rewards - The rewards crates look great, aside from the mk4 carbantis/stun guns and the mk 12 armatek tactical data. I can't even imagine the frustration that would ensue if I played this mode for two weeks and got any of those, let alone all three. I honestly haven't ever seen any mid/late/endgame players running out of mk 4 carbantis and stun guns, even for scavenging, and the mk 12 armatek tactical data can't even be scavenged. They just have no place in any reward system at all

Intermediate rewards - These seem quite lacklustre, being just credits, ship credits, and currency. It would be nice to have some gear in here, considering we have to wait an entire two weeks to get the final rewards

An in-battle counter for feats - It's really disappointing that we've been asking for a progress bar or counter of any sorts for months now, but have received absolutely no acknowledgement that this is an issue. It's even more important now that there's energy involved, and yet I get no indication how close I was to achieving the feat. Was I just a bit off and I should stick with this team? Was I nowhere close and this team probably won't get me anywhere? Who knows, it's just a guessing game. If there's no counter incoming in the near future, it would be nice if boss nodes stopped requiring energy, or required less energy, after we 3 star it

Energy refresh - I actually think the current rate of energy replenishing is good, it keeps me from having to worry about checking the game every so often to make sure my energy isn't about to reach the cap. Perhaps it could be a bit faster, but I don't think it's essential

Data disks - I love the data disks, but having to use currency to remove disks really disincentivizes me from experimenting and playing around, especially since we don't know how valuable the currency will be as time goes on. I think it would be great if we got even a few "free" removals before they start requiring currency