Conquest 4 Feedback [MERGE]

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    I use my BHs, but have not tried this round to go after that feat yet.

I'm curious to the number of battles this takes given your BH.

4, I had one really bad run, but the other 3, I averaged 35 or so.
  • cboath7
    461 posts Member
    Options
    I get why they had to nerf Cooling disks, but honestly, I think they could have done it better.

I'm disturbed that a single flaw in GMY/Vader caused the whole disk to be removed.

A better solution, to me, would have been to reduce the % Chance on each disc.

Maybe instead of 8-10-15 on each disc it could have been 4-5-8 or 5-8-10 etc etc.

There are plenty of characters GMY/DV that use buffs & having those cooldowns reset would still be a good option IMHO even if its a lower % chance.

I used all sorts of teams & I'm finding this entire GC a lot tougher.
    I have 30+ characters at Relic-5 or higher & I can't even complete Normal this time around.

The first 2 GC's I could handle the GL's in Tier-4/5.
    3rd one couldn't beat Tier-5 final
    This time around I can't even clear the Rey team yet in Tier-4.

Malak, GAS, Padme, CLS, Revan, GG, Palp, nothing is touching her.

Its gone from being a major time suck w/ fun & rewards to just being a major time suck.

Not enjoying this GC at all.

using JKL, i can get her to a single red dot left, then miraculously she becomes unkillable. Full barage from GK's mass attack, no more damage, full barrage from JKR's, 0, full from JKL's, 0 damage, then she wipes out my side except for Luke and he's not enough to do the job.
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    Options
    I dont know what they really did but previous conquest I was able to finally use different teams and it was hell of a fun (was very happy by the mode). Now i still will have the full crate but dang i could only use the GL teams over and over and over again. What a disappointement.

They finally had something new and fresh and they destroyed it again with lame stuff.

What a pity, hope they will revert to previous rules
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Konju wrote: »

I use BH for the Thermal feat as well and I can get 10-15 thermals with only Dengar applying them. (my Zam & Greedo are meh). Looking at 7-10 battles.

3 g12 jawas, 2 g11 jawas, did it in four battles. Just make sure your Engineer gets to go first so Scavenger can stealth. You’re probably fine even if you can’t—the AI goes after the weakest target so if your Scavenger has some decent gear he’ll be ignored until at least 20 detonators have landed. Then even if they focus fire Scavenger you’ll still have a solid run.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

I use BH for the Thermal feat as well and I can get 10-15 thermals with only Dengar applying them. (my Zam & Greedo are meh). Looking at 7-10 battles.

3 g12 jawas, 2 g11 jawas, did it in four battles. Just make sure your Engineer gets to go first so Scavenger can stealth. You’re probably fine even if you can’t—the AI goes after the weakest target so if your Scavenger has some decent gear he’ll be ignored until at least 20 detonators have landed. Then even if they focus fire Scavenger you’ll still have a solid run.

My Jawas are even worse than Zam & Greedo 😂, but I appreciate the advice. Speed mod challenges no longer required Jawas shortly after I got there so I ignored them almost completely. I also don’t see myself going for Rey anytime soon (furthest from her reqs compared with the other 2 I don’t have).
  • Options

My Jawas are even worse than Zam & Greedo 😂, but I appreciate the advice. Speed mod challenges no longer required Jawas shortly after I got there so I ignored them almost completely. I also don’t see myself going for Rey anytime soon (furthest from her reqs compared with the other 2 I don’t have).

I did Zam(l), Greedo, Dengar, KRU and Wat. Zam is g6 just to unlock her leadership ability, Greedo is g8, Dengar g12, but I do have KRU at R7. If you can find a team without aoe attacks (like Tuskens) then this team pretty easily gets 20-30 thermals out per battle. Just put Wat's tank tech on KRU and then let the bounty hunters do their thing
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options

I did Zam(l), Greedo, Dengar, KRU and Wat. Zam is g6 just to unlock her leadership ability, Greedo is g8, Dengar g12, but I do have KRU at R7. If you can find a team without aoe attacks (like Tuskens) then this team pretty easily gets 20-30 thermals out per battle. Just put Wat's tank tech on KRU and then let the bounty hunters do their thing

Thanks, I will give this team a try. I can field this comp.
  • Scuttlebutt
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Can we please either fix data disks to have the description match how they actually perform? I’m thinking of ruthless swiftness but I’m sure there’s others. It was so frustrating that my SLKR team kept controlling a battle and then get wiped out due to 1 aoe. I was expecting up to 5 turn meter gains, not 1 per hit.

Also, remove costs for swapping data disks.
  • Options

Good advice, sadly, I didn't pay enough attention to my path & going back over it everyone has AEs & my G9 Dengar gets wiped after a couple hits even in stealth
    Sadly he rarely gets a 2nd pass compared to the Relic'd super speeds he's up against.
    I get 1-2 grenades to "stick" in a battle if I'm lucky.
  • Options
    It would be nice if that BH feat would stop showing up on the Relic levels but have Sith or Jedi on the easy G12 zone, lol.

Because I often have Relid'd BH & G11 Meta teams :)
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

Good advice, sadly, I didn't pay enough attention to my path & going back over it everyone has AEs & my G9 Dengar gets wiped after a couple hits even in stealth
    Sadly he rarely gets a 2nd pass compared to the Relic'd super speeds he's up against.
    I get 1-2 grenades to "stick" in a battle if I'm lucky.

I have a G7 Dengar on alt and I got 14 in one battle with this.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    And against Phoenix with Sabine AOE
  • Options
    This Conquest turned what was a decently fun event into a pain. Not sure why they can’t stay out of their own way.
  • Whatelse73
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    SLKR sector 5 boss seems to use Rey's ultimate because when he goes into his stance, no matter what you throw at the other FO, they just stand there laughing at you. One dies (without that buggy mark you need to fix) and it's like they all gained 800% of everything.

Please play these events through with a Regular Player account BEFORE you release it? (Especially when you make substantial changes and/or just swap out boss teams that don't work vs the achievements you have to work to get.) If you can't complete every single challenge and get every banner with a normal roster, then you shouldn't start the event. (Normal being 6-7 million, not a 12 million GP roster with 500,000 crystals to blow on stuff. Just because the upper 5% Krakens can do it in two hours doesn't mean it's working as intended) This should be a standard requirement after 5+ years of this game and players telling you this. (Especially on a game that's garnered over a billion dollars.)

And yes, it turned into "work" where before it was fairly fun. I didn't even use the cooling disks for the last two times and I was having fun with it.
  • UreussKnight
    2 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Thank you CG for crashing Conquest mode.
    It has gone from being a fun Event to being difficult in its different fights, and ridiculously difficult to achieve the Final Boss achievements. Ham got me to go from being one of my favorite Events to hating it.
    Please return to the Conquest 3 format.
    Even for PG 7M accounts it is very difficult if not impossible to reach the Red Box.
    Before it was fun, not anymore.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    Even for PG 7M accounts it is very difficult if not impossible to reach the Red Box.

XDDDD
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • MikKro
    333 posts Member
    Options
    Something something whales only, something something FTP can't compete
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    If you can't complete every single challenge and get every banner with a normal roster, then you shouldn't start the event. (Normal being 6-7 million, not a 12 million GP roster with 500,000 crystals to blow on stuff. Just because the upper 5% Krakens can do it in two hours doesn't mean it's working as intended)
    You don't need a kraken account to beat that node. You need to git gud, however. Just a wild guess, but maybe that where your problem lies?
  • Gavsta
    201 posts Member
    Options
    I think without the Deployable Cooldown Discs it is a lot harder.... i.e. it requires some thought now.
    But, it's still good.
    Positives: Gives a great chance to use many teams. Continuous gameplay. Fun (caveat: when just playing).
    Negatives: Feats are just, well, pants. Some are OK.... but the '100 evades' was annoying, and the 'remove 700% TM' was tedious. Made even more tedious by not having a counter to show (like the one for the Bounty Hunters contract).
    Ironically, now I've the red crate and 'free' energy to use, I'm having more fun going back & trying different teams than I did whilst sweating to get the rewards.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    If you can't complete every single challenge and get every banner with a normal roster, then you shouldn't start the event. (Normal being 6-7 million, not a 12 million GP roster with 500,000 crystals to blow on stuff. Just because the upper 5% Krakens can do it in two hours doesn't mean it's working as intended)
    You don't need a kraken account to beat that node. You need to git gud, however. Just a wild guess, but maybe that where your problem lies?

I'm pretty sure he's doing several things wrong.
  • Options
    It has gone from being a fun Event to being difficult in its different fights, and ridiculously difficult to achieve the Final Boss achievements. Ham got me to go from being one of my favorite Events to hating it.
    I got red box without any refreshes with 7.3M
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

I could have done it at 6.3M but I did some refreshes so I wouldn't have to rush this week. Finished several days ago.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

I could have done it at 6.3M but I did some refreshes so I wouldn't have to rush this week. Finished several days ago.

I'm in the middle here, 6.7, and just did a second refresh to get to a spot where I think I can finish the red crate tonight without any more refreshes.
  • Options

Jawas for the win! All g11 with meh blue health/prot mods and a vitality data disk. I sunk all 100 TDs in 1 go!
  • Options
    Normal mode should stay casual and fun with deployable cooldown and stuff. I am over 5mil in GP and struggling in Normal... and I dont have time to keep analyzing the modifiers in each level and the switch data disks around to complete within 2wks!!
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Normal mode should stay casual and fun with deployable cooldown and stuff. I am over 5mil in GP and struggling in Normal... and I dont have time to keep analyzing the modifiers in each level and the switch data disks around to complete within 2wks!!

Um, what? Alt has 3.2m and no issue at all getting the t6 box without any disc switching or "analyzing."
  • Options
    "Analyzing": Looking at the choices and NOT choosing the Steadfast Retribution team.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options

Um, what? Alt has 3.2m and no issue at all getting the t6 box without any disc switching or "analyzing."

I struggled with Rey but same result at 2.8M.
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Options

I struggled with Rey but same result at 2.8M.

SLKR took a few attempts but same result for me also at 2.8M. If someone at 5M is struggling in normal they are doing it all wrong
This discussion has been closed.