Play point bundle nerf?

1235Next

Replies

• DonPuto
    378 posts Member
    Options
    Very f'd up how CG decided to handle this situation. Blatant lie from @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI regarding "advantages". If these A hats aren't happy about us unlocking GLs sooner cause the extra energy, be upfront about it and actually communicate with the community. If Star Wars wasn't so popular, the business model of these monkeys would have failed long ago with their utter lack of customer service. All they need to do I'd provide minimal proactive communication.
  • Seytia
    24 posts Member
    Options
    People going off about cg doing it as a cash grab, acting like they were losing money on energy refreshes but like, it’s $107 to get the 150 points for 120 energy and fleet energy. 100 crystals worth.

I’m gonna buy way less crystals now because I’m still not gonna spend above 100 crystal refresh, but now I have no incentive to spend the crystals on gear anymore. I wonder how many other people feel the same, I know many of my squad shard mates do…
  • TrimleyGreen
    41 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    rljp1blq2pyh.png

@CG_Doja_Fett_MINI
    I have just purchased a small advancement pack - and the promised replacement "Gear, Credits, and Ship Building Materials" are not there

It is exactly the same numbers of given gear and materials - with the energy simply removed
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    As an IPhone user, these Android tears sure do taste good. giphy.gif

As an android user in a country that Google Play Points it's not available I can't help but feel the same as LordDirt B)
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • Options
    rljp1blq2pyh.png

@CG_Doja_Fett_MINI
    I have just purchased a small advancement pack - and the promised replacement "Gear, Credits, and Ship Building Materials" are not there

It is exactly the same numbers of given gear and materials - with the energy simply removed

I said the same thing yesterday but nobody seems to notice or care. Everyone still crying about the missing energy. I also want to know whats actually going to be replaced, if anything at all. Maybe they just took the energy out and will leave it as is.
  • Options
    So Doja said energy was removed and more credits, ship building and gear was added inits place. However, i just bought the small bundle and its the same as previous except no energy? When will the new stuff be added? d5kwoibiqok4.jpg
    vazzg6goqht9.jpg
    uaocafj9vg3b.jpg

@CG_Doja_Fett_MINI
  • Options
    Thing is, I've been playing this game since 2016 on Android and didn't even know about these packs until a few months ago lol. I missed out on a lot of bonus energy.
  • ZaKent
    21 posts Member
    Options
    rljp1blq2pyh.png

@CG_Doja_Fett_MINI

They added 5X Mk4 Chadak in the 150 points pack, and increased the drop on some of the gear from 5 to 10 in the larges.
  • Options
    CG representatives slapping themselves with their own words…in many aspects.

Wrong use of advantage and journey guide.
    Do you even read yourselves.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Seytia wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    "whales"
    Sorry, whales on Android. Is that better? I’m pretty sure that’s the generally accepted nomenclature for people that spend on the game, no?

Lol no, spending $50 or whatever to get 150 play points is nowhere near a "whale."

150 play points is spending a bit over $100 actually

Best exchange rate is $1 = 1.4 points

That is simply not true. The exchange rate for a good bit recently has beenn $1 = 4 points.

There are also other ways for people to earn points from Google without spending money, so that throws out the whale argument.

When I asked support about it in game, they didn't even know about it. Talk about transparency.

For a game that pushes every little 4.99 bundle to pop up in your face, you'd think the least they could do is be transparent about it. Would have been super easy, barely an inconvenience to add that information to the Galactic Chase announcement.
  • Options
    TakumaTomo wrote: »

That is simply not true. The exchange rate for a good bit recently has beenn $1 = 4 points.

This was a Google promotional event that lasted maybe a week (if that). Otherwise, it’s 1.4x points per $1 at the platinum level
  • Options
    Seytia wrote: »
    TakumaTomo wrote: »

This was a Google promotional event that lasted maybe a week (if that). Otherwise, it’s 1.4x points per $1 at the platinum level

Google play points that you earn from playing games are not confined to that game.
    I'm looking at a list of games right now that allow you to earn 3 points per dollar, some 4 points per dollar. I've seen some go as high as 5.

There's also subscription services where you earn 8x point earns on your subscription payments.

Yes it's through promotional events, but those promotions happen all the time, and for many more games than just SWGOH.

"Best exchange rate is $1 = 1.4" is just factually inaccurate.
  • Ultra
    11531 posts Moderator
    Options
    Alright but I was only talking about SWGOH and not outside of it

In the context of accumulating 150 points by whaling only on the game to purchase the small enhancement kit (aka more than a vault)
  • Options
    I just don't see how difficult it would be for the powers that be to include the information telling us that the Google Play packs that used to give energy, no longer do so, somewhere in the popup message that told us about the Galactic Chase event.

It's always full speed forward... except when things get nerfed. Then it's almost like pulling teeth just to find information about what happened that should have been transparent and forthcoming in the first place.
  • LordDirt
    5040 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    "Hi Holotable Heroes,

Contents of both the packs purchased via Google Play Points have undergone some changes.
    Energy previously available in the packs was replaced with Gear, Credits, and Ship Building Materials. The impetus for the change was to reduce the disadvantage to players who were unable to purchase the packs due to regional or platform differences."

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/247859/recent-changes-to-packs-purchased-via-google-play-points#latest

One of their fastest responses yet.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    "Hi Holotable Heroes,

Contents of both the packs purchased via Google Play Points have undergone some changes.
    Energy previously available in the packs was replaced with Gear, Credits, and Ship Building Materials. The impetus for the change was to reduce the disadvantage to players who were unable to purchase the packs due to regional or platform differences."

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/247859/recent-changes-to-packs-purchased-via-google-play-points#latest

One of their fastest responses yet.

well if making the change over 24 hours beforehand and not telling people until AFTER they've done it and people have been screwed over it while support points them to this thread as communication proving players could learn about it sooner is to be praised then the bar is officially at the bottom.

Of course it's a fast response. no official communication about it can lead to lawsuits as it's quite the bait and switch :joy: Same cost, similar names, no official notice of the pack change would get them sued.
  • Options
    The play points some players earn is reflective of how much they spend through google and now it seems we are being punished for that. Plus the gear included is not good at all, at least before with energy we could farm the gear we need!

Not really a surprise as they have nerfed everything else!

Long live the CG Empire
    This is the Way
  • Options
    Adamklark wrote: »
    well thats EA for you, but to be fair many players couldnt get that offer, so it evens out

There's so much wrong with this statement. 1) CG chose to make an arrangement with Google to make the pack exchange for points as an incentive to their customers. Google didn't force them to. 2) Any iPhone user can use google play points. The solution is Bluestacks/any emulator. 3) Capitalism has nothing to do with equal opportunity for all consumers.
  • Options
    well thats EA for you, but to be fair many players couldnt get that offer, so it evens out

There's so much wrong with this statement. 1) CG chose to make an arrangement with Google to make the pack exchange for points as an incentive to their customers. Google didn't force them to. 2) Any iPhone user can use google play points. The solution is Bluestacks/any emulator. 3) Capitalism has nothing to do with equal opportunity for all consumers.

mz3p4jgp18y2.gif
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • Options
    So moderators want to delete my comments with legitimate complaints as a user, yet they leave up comments of users taunting other users? Love the community building here :smile:
  • Options

so your solution is some third party workaround. and the company didn't consider all platforms, but only one for a deal. yeah sure bud

Yes, that's his solution to others problems (since he is an Android user in the USA). Oh, and if you live in a region that doesn't have Google Play Points, pay for a VPN and do all your transactions using dollars of course. What are you complaining about?? ;) (Irony intended).