Conquest Changes [MERGE]

Prev13456714
Ragnarok_COTF
1795 posts Member
edited August 2021
Some of the Conquest changes announced today really miss the mark for me.

More energy per battle? Am I to assume that means I can't complete Conquest without refreshing energy now? How many refreshes? How many crystals is it going to cost for max prize now?

Their stated issue was that folks were rushing to complete the mode and then disengaging. That's happening because the mode isn't fun. If you want folks to continue to engage, after max crate is achieved, remove the energy cost and make swapping disks free. Add some feats that reward portraits or titles rather than currency. Then we might goof around in the mode in our spare time. Instead, those that were impatient will likely just pay the extra crystal cost to get the grind over early, and then they'll disengage like they did before.

Data Disks swaps cost energy now. I mean... that's probably better. But they also just made energy more valuable. They claim they need to make swaps cost something to make it "meaningful". That's just not true. The risk of losing a battle because of a poor disk loadout makes the swaps "meaningful". Adding a swap tax just makes the game mode stale.

The cost of the disk swaps, and thus the reluctance of many to make changes, coupled with obnoxious feats is what makes this game mode so dull and lacking in engagement. I doubt either of these changes will change that.

Rant over.

Really excited for simmable HSR and ABs.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/248444/conquest-7-begins-august-30th#latest

[EDIT - kyno] - to add link
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    So the devs say people were finishing conquest in 2 days and they rather want people to take longer.

"Instead of increasing the difficulty of the encounters, nodes will now cost more energy to battle and there is a bigger focus on completing a variety of new Feats."

So now those people that don't want to specifically spend to refresh energy will now have more dead time between battles.

What happened to the option of simply limiting how many refreshes you can do (to like 1 a day) ... I guess that makes less money.
  • Options
    Reading the update notes got me worried because of this line: "nodes will now cost more energy to battle"

In the previous conquests, it was possible to get the max crate without having to by any energy refreshes. Will it still be doable now? It would be annoying if the people spending on energy refreshes and rushing through the conquest pushed you guys to make a change penalizing those of us who played it though the whole two weeks at a slower pace.
  • Options
    Do they have different developers working on the same game mode? One says…we receive complaints that data disks costs are to high to swap using currency so I am going to change it to energy. Another is off increasing the energy cost to battle…****!!
  • Options
    In today's post concerning the Conquest beginning August 30th, it was said that to tackle to problem of people completing it too quickly, nodes will cost more energy.

The big problem I have with that is that I focus on efficiency and not wasting crystals. I completed conquest 6 hard mode without a single energy refresh. If the nodes are going to cost more then it is going to force me to waste crystals just to complete the conquest now? That is not cool and does not reward skilled players who tackle the challenges of conquest in an strategic manner.
  • Zhil_Axfow23
    75 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    With the increased node cost and the use of energy to equip data disks it it possible to finish conquest without refreshing?

Last version of conquest you had a maximum of 1824 energy and if you aced everything first time you needed 1140 energy (first sector had a feat of winning 20 battles). This gave a wiggle room of 45 cleanup battles, for maxed out conquest.
  • Options
    Not gonna rant too hard, but I dont get this:

"...we found that most players could rush through the event in the first few days and then went back to clean up a few feats afterwards. That was the extent of their engagement for the entire 2 weeks and there was little reason to continue playing this mode."

how on earth do you not formulate something very similar about the Challenges? Event is 3 days long, you rush the highest chapter you can in 4 minutes, then you return to finish the feats, then gg. Conquest had a near-perfect time schedulment compared to the challenges....
  • Options
    More energy pr battle also mean that without refresh, we will have fewer battles pr day, and thus toons will recover more stamina between each battle = less incentive to have a broad roster as you can more heavily lean into fewer teams. Fewer battles pr day would also mean less time spent in conquest, but they stated that with the increased time commitment, they will reduce time elsewhere (and thank you for that), but to me all this indicates that CG expect players to have to spend crystals with the changes.
    Tinfoil hat warning, but I can only see the increased energy cost as a crystal grab. Seems CG saw too many players not spending crystals/not spending enough crystals on refresh and decided to make refresh mandatory. I mean, if it was truly a matter of stretching out conquest, wouldn't lower stamina regen/higher stamina cost be more natural to look at? Then you would need to use more teams and you would need to buy more consumables to rush conquest....
  • Options
    I didn't see it talked about so I'm going to ask the question. Where are ship battles at :)
  • Options
    Conquest wasn't fun before and now they made it even worse. Great stuff.
  • Options
    So you throw us a bone by changing the cost to change data discs into energy, but then jack up the energy costs we need to battle.....
    Are you guys even capable of doing a nice gesture anymore without having to make something worse....
  • Options
    ndwilson wrote: »
    I didn't see it talked about so I'm going to ask the question. Where are ship battles at :)

Please don’t let they screw up this game mode any further.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    More energy pr battle also mean that without refresh, we will have fewer battles pr day, and thus toons will recover more stamina between each battle = less incentive to have a broad roster as you can more heavily lean into fewer teams. Fewer battles pr day would also mean less time spent in conquest, but they stated that with the increased time commitment, they will reduce time elsewhere (and thank you for that), but to me all this indicates that CG expect players to have to spend crystals with the changes.

This will likely mean more feats, so while you say less battles and relying more on fewer teams, what is more likely to happen is you will need more teams just to do feats and the smaller your roster, the more refreshes (energy and stamina) will be needed to get the new feats.

That is my take on the more time commitment needed.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Are you serious? Because some people bought refreshes to complete it fast, we are now punished by increased energy cost? It was already fine, tuned just right to complete it with maybe a day or two to spare if the feats go well, but I guess we can't have nice things. Gotta force everyone to refresh with a lame excuse...
  • Options
    Okay, I am going to rant about this one: did you really apply changes to kits during an attacking phase of a GAC?!
  • papaofmom
    163 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Community: we want to experiment more with data disks

CG: we got you, you can now use energy because you have some to spare

Also CG: actually you dont have energy to spare. Oh and we will make sure you arent able to finish feats AND conquest without refreshing energy.

Why everything in this game have to be like 1 step forward, 5 behind?
  • Options
    Totally agree with what most have had to say here. Nobody could finish the Conquest in a few days without buying a bunch of energy refreshes. The normal energy was spread out fine over the length of the event. If some people were impatient and wanted to buy refreshes to get done sooner but still wait the same amount of time for their end of Conquest rewards, then that's okay but that's on them. This change seems like it's intended to basically force everyone else to have buy refreshes to be able to get the max crate.
  • jonnysiniwal
    675 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    "We decided that the real problem with conquest was that it wasn't boring enough so we made it more of a grind."

-CG

Just wait, if you don't have a bunch of GLs and crystals for refreshes you are going to have a hard time. Next step will be putting r9 into the mix. They don't want non whales clearing it.
  • Options
    Meh.

Making the game better and more fun should not be about making us spend longer in the game. Increase the quality of the time we already spend.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Morgoth01 wrote: »

This will likely mean more feats, so while you say less battles and relying more on fewer teams, what is more likely to happen is you will need more teams just to do feats and the smaller your roster, the more refreshes (energy and stamina) will be needed to get the new feats.

That is my take on the more time commitment needed.

My god I hope not more feats. With even less energy to work with then before that would make feats even more painful.
    Having to possibly pay crystals to earn rewards seems really petty and I hope this really doesn’t have to happen,
    People who choose to refresh to beat conquest fast are probably doing so because they have work or obligations so they knock conquest out asap. They don’t go back and play because they are prob busy with RL.
    Anyone else is probably dropping crystals to play because we don’t have any new content other then the never ending farm.
    All others play as energy refreshes.
    Seems more and more that the devs have a war against hoarders and are always trying to zap any hoards they see people gather. This is more evident with conquest currency cap, relics being required at higher and higher levels.
    Can’t wait to see R9 requirements 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    So they're making Conquest harder, more costly in energy (meaning more crystals spent) and more demanding in time without increasing the rewards??

The anti F2P mood is palpable here.

F that.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    Huh, I completed it quickly because I enjoy doing Conquest. Even bought a few refreshes just so I could continue to play. Playing even shorter stints is directly in opposition to that. I honestly don't see the issue with people completing it quickly, those players are spending crystals to do so. I'm not sure who this benefits.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    kalidor wrote: »
    Huh, I completed it quickly because I enjoy doing Conquest. Even bought a few refreshes just so I could continue to play. Playing even shorter stints is directly in opposition to that. I honestly don't see the issue with people completing it quickly, those players are spending crystals to do so. I'm not sure who this benefits.

EA's shareholders. Pretty sure that is always the answer.
  • Options
    On second thought…please keep delaying conquest 7.
  • Options
    Please please please tell me they’ve made the feats less repetitive and grinding, rather than just adding more of them?

I would be thrilled to have more feats IF they were more fun, instead of “use only light side characters for 3 million battles” “use an entire days energy grinding slkr on phase 1 battles to finish the dark side feat” “oh hey better run that JML squad 8 more times!”
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    kalidor wrote: »

EA's shareholders. Pretty sure that is always the answer.

Right until the last straw breaks the bantha's back...
  • Options
    Totally agree with what most have had to say here. Nobody could finish the Conquest in a few days without buying a bunch of energy refreshes. The normal energy was spread out fine over the length of the event. If some people were impatient and wanted to buy refreshes to get done sooner but still wait the same amount of time for their end of Conquest rewards, then that's okay but that's on them. This change seems like it's intended to basically force everyone else to have buy refreshes to be able to get the max crate.

Exactly this.

CG: data from previous conquests shows that too many people can finish it without spending crystals. So we are going to try and change that.

But it'll be presented to you, dear players, in a totally spurious way.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Oh look, another reason that no one with an IQ higher than his body temperature is gonna buy to "justify" an energy cost increase for battles and force us to refresh energy for crystals.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    If you guys increased the energy cost per node and kept the feats requiring several redos “win x amount of battles using….” then this makes your changes even worse.

How’s about changes people have been asking for instead of making this new game mode more of a grind? Tone deaf as always up top. Thanks for the changes TopCash and Marky Mark!
This discussion has been closed.