[MEGA] Conquest 7

Replies

• Porgalicious
    73 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I tried to not jump on the CG hate bandwagon when these changes were announced. I wanted to give the redone mode a chance before passing judgment. That said....

I'm sitting at the Sidious boss at the end of Sector 3. I know for sure I'm not going to get the penultimate crate as I did for every previous hard node conquest. The devs said that the intent was not to make the mode harder, but it is demonstrably more difficult. I'm at 6mil gp with SEE and GMK. I doubt I'll be able to get CAT unlocked before she goes away from conquest, and that really disappoints me. I feel that the rug was pulled out from under us on this one. This is taking the mode in the wrong direction. I am more likely to spend money on this game when I feel I am progressing and this mode does not make me feel like I am progressing. My guild has not completed crancor yet - I no longer have g8 income without money. So I need to choose between being around people I enjoy playing with or relic material? That's not how this game should be run.

Please consider a mid point of difficulty between the previous conquest and this very difficult iteration.
    Post edited by Porgalicious on
  • Options
    Thanks for destroying conquest cg, increase the cost of energy, increase the amount of feats, reduce the overall rewards, seems like everytime there are 2 different spots either the scavenger store thing or data discs both stores are 100% identical. Almost half way thought tier 4 of conquest and still no purple data discs. Conquest was fun. Not any more, sad to see them turn one of the best things to happen in this game into a complete and total dumpster fire.
  • CapD
    22 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    This conquest is spectacularly not fun, and fixing the bugs will not change that.
  • Options
    I’ll add my $.02. I have over 8 million GP, over 20 relic 8 characters, 130+ characters @ relic levels - 1/2 of those at relic7. I used to enjoy the game mode and didn’t mind going back and having to grind through the final feats to get the max crate. Whatever this mess is, it is not fun. It is not engaging. It feels like an absolute chore. There are countless examples in this thread of all of the ways this has been screwed up. I love the concept of having more feats, but your selections for those feats are beyond a grind. They are forcing me to play in a way that is not fun. If you want to encourage the use of more squads (including the development of them) by all means include squad specific feats, but can we not have 14 battles of one squad? How about 3 or 5 battles in one sector and include multiple of those feats with different factions? There is nothing like grinding through 14 battles in a sector with a squad that isn’t a great match against the 500 bad batch (or other) squads you end up having to pick because they show up so often. If you want me to spend crystals on refreshes just to get all of these annoying feats done, just give me a button that allows me to avoid all of the pain and just instantly send you money to win. I spend quite a bit on this game, but come on - at least make it feel like I’m not paying for a colonoscopy for the “fun” of it. CG - you guys are really losing touch with what this community wants (paying and not paying alike). You do want people to actually play this game right? I just cleared the third sector in Hard Mode and figured I would clear the rest of it this weekend and start knocking down feats. I pulled up the list of feats and oh joy - I can’t wait to grind out 14 battles with smugglers without knowing simple facts like “How much speed does this enemy squad have?” I just exited out of the mode and thought “I’ll deal with this crap tomorrow.” - thanks for keeping me engaged!
  • Options
    This Conquest is extremely unfun. I'd actually rather not play it at all then even bother with it.

I actually have a full team of relic'ed smugglers and still can't win matches in that zone. The raw amount of node replay required now is over the top. If you want 3 stars, well you have to use a GL, then the feat runs on top of it. This wasn't a big deal in past Conquests but you guys decided to go all "need more cowbell" w/ the feats.

This managed to take Conquest from a fun addition to the game to something so miserable it makes me avoid the game vs. drawing me to it.

Making so many feats BH related sounds fun too, I LOVE BH's (yay 7* Executor), until you realize in Squad, BH's are on a delayed power curve due to the Payout System and that REALLY doesn't jive well w/ Overprepared.

If there's a vision behind this plan, cool. I'm just failing to see it and I'm what many would consider an apologist.
  • CouchCrewChief
    10 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I don’t mind it being “challenging” and I don’t mind it being “difficult” but what I do mind is it being ****ing stupid. R7 SLKR blown out in seconds. I mean, I get you want us to spend money and time and kiss your *** but bending us over the table and spanking our wallets is stupid. Good job devs. I don’t want to play conquest anymore when I loved it. Sit, spin, rotate and congratulate yourselves on being pricks. I’m going to start flagging every developer message as vulgar for the amount of **** they are trying to force down our throat.
  • Options
    Maybe the devs had a feat to only disillusion 100 users w/ this Conquest but that counter isn't working either? :wink:
  • Options
    8M+ GP player here, I’ve played this game from nearly the beginning and stuck with it through the ups and downs, I’ve happily spent money on new characters that have made the game more interesting and fun, but this Conquest is the worst thing you’ve done CG, it’s awful, and if this is where the game is going I’m quitting. Please just scrap this game mode or at least limit the damage by returning it to what it was. The sheer number of feats that have to be achieved with worthless squads and the number of times you have to replay to complete them (win 14 battles with a full squad of Smugglers in Sector 4, really? 40x potency & evasion down? Who cares?) with Conquest energy you don’t have to begin with is just soul crushing. This isn’t even remotely fun, it’s torture.
  • Options
    quand on pense que CG a gagner plus de 1.2 milliards de dollar grâce a nous les joueurs et qu'ils nous donne un os pour jouer en récompense , c'est affligeant !!! meme un chien est mieux traiter de nous
  • Options
    When the first conquest launched, I thought it was a great step forward for the game and really enjoyed working out the feats and data disks…

..until now, Conquest 7 is horrendous and I hope somewhere CG realise this and look at it for the future.
    There is no playing about with squads as you need *insert squad here* to achieve feats.
    Energy costs are more for battles and refresh is so slow, you can’t afford to fail any battles.

It’s just poorly thought out and not fun, which for a ‘game’ really goes against the aim.
  • Options
    As a semi-professional theorycrafter, I'm loving it.
    Sure, the specific faction feats are annoying, but outside of those, the rest are actually really fun to work around with.

Most games and modes are way too easy to "solve" - There's seldom enough variables to really present a real challenge, and things often don't change NEARLY often enough - Due to feats, each sector provides it's own puzzle, and each puzzle has way more variables than in most new additions. For most of these, figuring out how to achieve it with the bare minimum has been quite fun. I'd just... like to suggest to CG to not use mini-factions again in the future for faction feats - When there's barely even a single functional team it's... way too restricting in every way.
  • Options
    I would like the problem solving part of the feats if they werent so repetative. Like, kill 5 enemies with phoenix, not 40.

It is so dumb, I will not be refreshin/gringing all day for 14 days. Not enough time/intrest. I will get Maul in 6 months, so be it. No stress.
  • Options
    Not to mention how overtuned the enemies are. At least in earlier conquest you had a chance with a lesser squad. My r5-r7 BH team cant win a battle in Sector 1
  • Options
    It's trash. CG don't play their own game.
    Pretty desperate to go this low.
  • Options
    Yes, it is pretty bad. Even if you have the right team to address the feats, chances are that bugs will prevent you to actually fulfill them. This round of Conquest is a massive disappointment for me, especially in comparison to the previous one. It has turned out into an obvious and unshamed cash grab. Expected but still disappointing.
  • Options
    The big thing is the energy cost per fight is to high because the reload of energy work not correctly time is to long or energy will not restore after time is done make it faster and feats and disks are have bugs after restart . 3 fights at the middle boss are simply stupid make feats the can made with 1 fight. Crancor was at bad event but the conquest is actually the baddest and unplayable event in the game CG go back to the old version off conquest.
  • Options
    I've gone to free to play. No way at all I drop another dime until I have a feeling that what I invest in will even be useful in a few months. The game is a dumpster fire and the direction is unintelligible. What's worse is that CG has no limiting principles on the horrible direction of GL's. GL's ruined the game. Everything you are seeing now is a chaotic scramble to try and fix that major eff up. Now all they can do is make stronger and stronger GL's and fleets because apparently that's the only thing they can think of to make money. They won't be accountable, so instead you'll get abused. If it isn't incompetence it's just hatred for their customers. Seriously, nobody with any respect or care for their player base would even consider this insulting, malicious piece of crap called the new Conquest. I've never seen a middle finger extended to this extent toward paying customers in my life.

I am in a similar mood. I never was a great spender anyway. The only time I spent regularly was the during the days of the daily crystal booster… Nothing I see here encourages to put money in the game. This bug nest of a mode doesn’t. The recent nerf definitly does not either. The new trend of R8 requirements for GLs sides me out of the GL race (it relieves me of the forced useless character promotion burden though so this one is not all that bad). I still like the game, though, but the enjoyment/annoyance balance seriously took a hit.
  • Options
    When you put insane feats, ridiculous and necessary grind, greatly increased cost, and then the fact that the opposing squads are at least 3x harder to beat.... Yeah. The mode isn't worth playing.
  • Options
    Spot on. The two things keeping me coming back was Conquest and my guild. I guess it's just down to the guild. We'll see how long that lasts.
  • Options
    @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI @CG_SBCrumb_MINI maybe you guys could concider energy for Conquest included with our daily free energy? Only during the duration of Conquest. That really would go a long way to help. Just a thought
    "You're All Rebels, Aren't You?"
  • Options
    I was initially shocked by the new difficulties and complexity as well. But hey, I guess this is because we came from a much easier conquest. Raising the bar postmortem and telling people they have to invest time and money (crystal) to get the same thing is never easy given people are used to have a chill time.

I just started working on sector 3 today. And l've collect almost maxed keycards for the first two sectors. I think the progress is not bad for three days into the event. The old conquest "Hard" I could finish within less than 5 days and that's not really fun either.

I guess everyone has to find their pace of playing this game.

As someone mentioned before, an improvement would indeed be to reduce the threshold of some of the repetitive feats.

• Options
    Antario wrote: »
    I was initially shocked by the new difficulties and complexity as well. But hey, I guess this is because we came from a much easier conquest. Raising the bar postmortem and telling people they have to invest time and money (crystal) to get the same thing is never easy given people are used to have a chill time.

I just started working on sector 3 today. And l've collect almost maxed keycards for the first two sectors. I think the progress is not bad for three days into the event. The old conquest "Hard" I could finish within less than 5 days and that's not really fun either.

I guess everyone has to find their pace of playing this game.

As someone mentioned before, an improvement would indeed be to reduce the threshold of some of the repetitive feats.

That's fine - incremental not a cliff edge.
  • Options
    kayd_mon wrote: »
    When you put insane feats, ridiculous and necessary grind, greatly increased cost, and then the fact that the opposing squads are at least 3x harder to beat.... Yeah. The mode isn't worth playing.

But CG decided against making the battles harder. 🙃
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    kayd_mon wrote: »

But CG decided against making the battles harder. 🙃

They may have decided against making them harder, they did decide to make them less easy.

My R5 Imp Rems (with data discs) can't beat R4 Phoenix. I basically have to use my 3 strongest teams over and over.

The first go around CQ7 was the last time I will ever refresh energy in any CQ.
  • Options
    l8u2a6rbaj0q.jpg
    5gibb4tdze5d.jpg

Sure looks stunned to me...this is kind of a joke at this point