Game Freezes / Infinite loading screen glitch

Replies

• Options
    My Wampa just stomped FO **** in GAC, waiting for the VICTORY! title screen, waiting, waaaaaiting and guess what?
    c7ilo7qezscc.jpg
    2min +/- left, game freezes, I lose beacuse timer expired, opponents FO seems like nothing happened and now I will lose round by points.

Fix you f****** game CG
  • Options
    CG, any updates? My GAC has stalled out because I can't get into battle my opponent's BAM. Others in my guild have the same issue. Updates would be appreciated.
  • Options
    I've just beaten a non-BAM team .... so at least it registers the win so I get some crystals.... I may attack later if I've the time.
  • Options
    At this rate I’ll have no choice but to not engage with this round. Sucks forcing myself to lose. Can’t do anything about it and doubt I’ll get the answer before it’s too late.
  • Options
    CG why have you not pulled this GAC ? It doesn't matter whether you can fix the problem with BAM whilst the conquest is running. The fact is thousands of people have lost their GAC because of your utter incompetence and failure to carry out even the most basic of QA.

What you should be doing now is cancelling this GAC. Explain to the community that an unforeseen bug occurred and needs to be investigated and issue some level of compensation to everyone for this. Stop treating your customers with complete contempt with "we are investigating it".
  • Options
    I just fought bam and did my ship battles with no problem, this may now be fixed (on iOS). No refunds
    797-722-718
  • Options
    @ea pay me back my crystals in GA. I lost a battle for your faulth…
  • Options
    I tried today and it seems to be fixed, i beat bam enemy team
  • Options
    I was going to lose my GAC round anyways because I forgot to update my defense but I froze twice and that resulted in me not full clearing. Of course one of those was on a Darth Revan squad where I lost five of my best weapons (at my level this is a very hard team). In this case, Ill get what I earned, a loss, but it doesn't mean I'm still not angry that I keep freezing and losing battles I could have won.

I don't understand why there is radio silence from CG on this. Figure out how to fix the game or figure out how to make things right so we're not just losing rewards because of a code error. I'm not a "IM QUITTING THE GAME GUY" but this stuff is making it very hard to want to play.
  • Options
    Fixed after a random client restart in the middle of the night.
  • Options
    This loading freeze has been happening for weeks and not just since this last glorious update. I won't spend another cent until this garbage is fixed.
  • Options
    has it been fixed? Would be nice if there was official word on it lol. Been waiting to fight in GAC because of it
  • delaroxx
    17 posts Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Just to bring this back up again, I lost two fleets to soft locks vs the same chimaera comp. doesn't seem to have happened to my opponent tho, since he was able to clear my board. thanks a lot cg, thanks a lot, you managed to democratize the android bugs in the iphones. of course, you were actually supposed to remove the bugs from the android users.

at this point if you don't call off this gac and figure out what's causing the soft locks, there's really no point in playing the game mode.

• PumaK
    301 posts Member
    Options
    Considering that this it's happening since the update that introduced Jabba...
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    Options
    That breaking and critical bug got introduced with the title update on Sept 8th, isn't exactly new and it's reported several times. Lot of users are affected daily with random freezes and app Suddenly closing for More Than a whole month.

And yes, totally silent on each single of those posts with issues (as usual)
  • Pitt
    34 posts Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I would have won my GA battle, but lost 2 ships cause the game froze while loading. I lost out on over 600 crystals because of this. I would like a response from someone in CG in regards to this. Saying we are working on it and basically sorry about your luck isn't good enough.
  • StarSon
    7467 posts Member
    Options
    CG doesn't care, and you will get no response. The beatings freezes will continue until morale improves.
  • Options
    I had a soft lock on fleets too, there's really no way around a freeze on fleets and I had two. malevolence and finalizer to waste. needless to say I failed to clear and my opponent doesn't seem to have had any issues since he managed to clear me out and take the 900 crystals despite playing worse than I did on ground battles. I really hope you call this round off and restart ONLY when you know you fixed this.

and i play on ios, iphone 13.
  • StarSon
    7467 posts Member
    Options
    delaroxx wrote: »
    I had a soft lock on fleets too, there's really no way around a freeze on fleets and I had two. malevolence and finalizer to waste. needless to say I failed to clear and my opponent doesn't seem to have had any issues since he managed to clear me out and take the 900 crystals despite playing worse than I did on ground battles. I really hope you call this round off and restart ONLY when you know you fixed this.

and i play on ios, iphone 13.

1. They will not restart, because they aren't bothered by the affected GA's (which we actually have no idea how many it was)
    2. They have already fixed the new freezes with a stealth update overnight
    3. They may never fix the freezes introduced with the last title update, so be prepared for that
  • Options
    Well I hope you're wrong. Since the update from yesterday was the responsible for most of the late soft locks (iOS had been immune to it for months) and android was already suffering from it, that means the last round of gac probably affected a huge % of the player base, and the locks weren't random, it was fleets and bam teams, mostly. it's just stupid to pretend it didn't happen.

Not that I think you're wrong, more like I want you to be wrong.

No faith in CG or their communication skills, but they've done it in the past so I don't think it's impossible.
  • StarSon
    7467 posts Member
    Options
    Well I hope you're wrong. Since the update from yesterday was the responsible for most of the late soft locks (iOS had been immune to it for months) and android was already suffering from it, that means the last round of gac probably affected a huge % of the player base, and the locks weren't random, it was fleets and bam teams, mostly. it's just stupid to pretend it didn't happen.

Not that I think you're wrong, more like I want you to be wrong.

No faith in CG or their communication skills, but they've done it in the past so I don't think it's impossible.

I like your optimism, tells me there's still time for you to flee before getting trapped by CG's awfulness :joy:

But, yesterday's locks weren't really random. Those were fixed in about 10 hours. The other ones were pretty random, and it's unclear how many players it has actually affected. Definitely sounds like it's going to go the way of the missing buttons and it's just something Android users now have to deal with forever.
  • Options
    Well I've been playing this stupid game for too many years now, I miss the days they'd give us 600 crystals every time they messed up, along with an apology. Seems like they think the clone wars chewie shards are super funny of a joke and the players have been treated worse and worse over the years... you can only do thay for so long tho.

So yeah, I hope they address the situation properly, with a compensation at the very least.
  • Options
    It's been weeks trying to contact CG about that problem. No response from them and those freeze cost me my GAC. Truthfully, it's starting to make me think about leaving that game. And I'm far away from expecting some compensation about that. @CG_Tusken_Meathead
  • Options
    Seriously, where is the update on this? We at least got some recognition of the bug when it apparently started happening to everyone, but what about the freezes for the last month for Android users?
  • StarSon
    7467 posts Member
    Options
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    Seriously, where is the update on this? We at least got some recognition of the bug when it apparently started happening to everyone, but what about the freezes for the last month for Android users?

They recognized the increased crashes after the title update. The update on that bug is: CG is investigating. Your best bet is to just accept that this is now part of the game for Android users.
  • Options
    game froze after i won. told me i had no connection (which i had the whole time, no airplane or anything else). next message right afterwards, the battle had expired. instaed of a 64 win vs a gl, i will not fully clear because of this.
  • TVF
    36633 posts Member
    Options
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    has it been fixed? Would be nice if there was official word on it lol. Been waiting to fight in GAC because of it

I got a client update last night.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Well I've been playing this stupid game for too many years now, I miss the days they'd give us 600 crystals every time they messed up, along with an apology. Seems like they think the clone wars chewie shards are super funny of a joke and the players have been treated worse and worse over the years... you can only do thay for so long tho.

So yeah, I hope they address the situation properly, with a compensation at the very least.

Yeah, I miss those days too. It'd be nice to even get some acknowledgement, let alone compensation for issues that either cost you your "income" in game, or your guilds success.

Android user here, freeze cost me this round of GAC thanks to dropping 3 battles against a BAM lead squad, yesterday. Dropped only a single battle during TW, yaaaa.
    It also froze during several attempts in Conquest.
    Has anyone experienced the SEE ultimate freeze, vs JML in sec 4? I'd like to say its funny but...
  • Options
    But CG said “ We are in the midst of determining the root cause of this issue and will let you know more information as soon as possible.”

so they determined problem and fixed but said nothing? And added more disadvantage to the people that already attacked BAM?