Raid rewards comparison with data

Replies

• KDC99X
    762 posts Member
    Options
    Ironically, it was those very same player-friendly moves that CG has made over the past couple years (releasing a lot of new/requested content, gear economy increases, various QoL improvements, etc), that converted me into being a spender.

But at this point, I really can’t in good conscience continue to support a company that is so blatantly disrespectful to its customer base… that consistently disregards and devalues the time and financial investment many of us have made, to keep this game/community alive. I would absolutely have scooped those Maul/CAT packs at LEAST, if CG hadn’t totally bungled this and spat in our faces with it. It sounds like there are a lot of people in the same boat.
  • Options
    So what I'm taking from all this is.............
    Remember when doubled all the low level gear & then cut values in half at the Jawa?
    Woops, now you'll be getting less gear for Jawa & still paying twice the price. DOH

This is actually a very big point. A big chunk of that core gear that was supposed to be doubled came from the rancor tank and sith raids.
  • Options
    Unfortunately CG have a track record for going missing when the community has an opinion they don't like. Their a bit cowardly in that department.

Sadly they knew they were giving us a bad deal which is why they have never really talked about rewards in the lead up to the release. It's a shame because the raid is the fresh new content we need, sadly most of us will have to stick with the stale old content and still earn worse rewards then before.

The reality is I imagine that money talks, datacrons are widly hated, not really used beyond the top tier but clearly working as intended money wise. Conquest grind a similar story but the more they wrap it in a nice new bow, stay quiet and ride the storm - clearly it hits the intended market. Which I accept, it probably reflects the life stage of the game.

Plenty of stats around regarding rewards, so I won't repeat. The loss of areos is huge, players posting their nice large stack, probably did the same when relic scavenger came out, bet you don't have a lot of spare gear now!

Imagine when R10 is released and you need 60 areos, that's so unobtainable for so many players. Guilds will also break up and be impacted by this, stronger players will have to leave. This will effect TW and TB and the rewards for everyone in the middle.

We also now have 16 different shard currencies (including credits and fleet credits). More characters released recently then I can remember, which only widens the gap, players need to feel like they can catch up, this was basically the point they made with the (now ruined) gear changes.

Think how long players farming young han solo or gamorian guard will have to spend saving the scraps of the guild curreny. The fact they added 3 new tokens rathen than just merge guild currency with the bottom blurred icon, shows you just how calculated and aware they are. Shameless behaviour
  • Starslayer
    2421 posts Member
    Options
    Completely removing the Crancor, even if it makes sense gameplay, is an issue aero-wise for some guilds.

Raids have progression. You build teams to beat a raid, then go to the next raid, build other teams for better rewards, etc. So guilds who put HSith on farm prepared for Crancor, build R5 teams to do so for better rewards.

With CRancor out of the picture, those people can't take advantage of R5 teams they built to do it anymore, as they're pulled back to HSith and need to build new R5 teams in order to hit 130m in Krayt raid and access Crancor level rewards (yes aero, I'm talking about you).

Building new teams to engage the new raid makes sense, it was always that way. But for guilds who were at Crancor level but will need a few more months to build Krayt specific teams, those months will leave a bitter taste.

Unfortunately, removing Crancor makes complete sense and will probably stay that way. However, giving away Mk3 as soon as 1st crate in Krayt could be an idea to solve this issue (and up the rewards at the same time). Guilds who were strong enough to engage in Crancor are strong enough to reach at least 1st crate in Krayt.

TL:dr: Put Mk3 as soon as 1st crate in Krayt. This way players who were strong enough to beat Crancor could still buy aeros if they fancy it without having to gear up new teams first. Plus, improving rewards will be fair.
  • Ultra
    11575 posts Moderator
    Options
    Unfortunately CG have a track record for going missing when the community has an opinion they don't like. Their a bit cowardly in that department.

You must've missed Meathead's post in another thread about this topic
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

It's very easy to miss a post on a random thread saying they're "looking into it", compared to a thread started by him that gets pinned to the top of the forum
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    I'm not a "big dog".... 8 mil player in a 400 mil guild.... I have 8 R8 characters and 1 R9.... sure, I could have more, but that just bottlenecks me at injectors anyways...

While my experience is not everyone's experience, I work hard at conquest and I always worked at CPit to get as high as I could in the standings (not like the other 40 in my guild that just signed up for freebies).... this is why I don't get the aero fuss...

q834xwj3w33x.png

Again, you don’t get the fuss cos you’re alright, innit Jack?

You’re in a 400m guild which is much much stronger than most, that Is a big dog.

Your gameplay ethics comes across as either narcecistic or completely devoid of the reality that there’s players that are years behind you (you might wanna check your head) there’s a big community out there that if you collaborated with and supported rather than disregarded with, then the game and rewards would be more fruitful for everyone, but like your attitude seems to be, sod everyone else, you’re alright in your 409m guild innit.

Doesn’t matter if everyone else takes losses as long as the losses are inconsequential to you.

It’s just not cricket. Imo.

You are dissillusioned if you think I am a "big dog"..... I clearly stated that "my experience is not everyone's experience".... Except you seem to have missed that part.... Either that or you are willfully ignoring it...

We could go head to head in a new thread all day about new player vs older player, but tthat really isn't the point....

The point is that the new raid rewards vs the old ones are not good for anyone, regardless of player level....
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Grimsie wrote: »
    I'm not a "big dog".... 8 mil player in a 400 mil guild.... I have 8 R8 characters and 1 R9.... sure, I could have more, but that just bottlenecks me at injectors anyways...

While my experience is not everyone's experience, I work hard at conquest and I always worked at CPit to get as high as I could in the standings (not like the other 40 in my guild that just signed up for freebies).... this is why I don't get the aero fuss...

q834xwj3w33x.png

You’re in a 400m guild which is much much stronger than most, that Is a big dog.

Your gameplay ethics comes across as either narcecistic or completely devoid of the reality that there’s players that are years behind you (you might wanna check your head) there’s a big community out there that if you collaborated with and supported rather than disregarded with, then the game and rewards would be more fruitful for everyone, but like your attitude seems to be, sod everyone else, you’re alright in your 409m guild innit.

Doesn’t matter if everyone else takes losses as long as the losses are inconsequential to you.

Bubba he's kind of right man... Like the way you come off in most of your posts... Maybe it's not your intent, but would you feel the same way you do now if you had 40 Aero's instead of 400.

Yes and no, but I really appreciate how you worded it....

My whole view on this matter is that rewards should not go down when new content is released, especially when power creep is making the requirements go up....

This affects all of us whether new or old etc.... Singling out what YOU are missing ie. aeros (but it doesn't have to be aeros, it could be anything), does a disservice to everyone and waters down the community argument....

It takes away from the fact that the new update hurt us all....
  • JAME_23
    8 posts Member
    Options
    When is the hotfix for raid rewards?
  • Options
    buctyde1jzrt.png

And here we have it, just 43 guilds reached the 130mil crate to earn Mk3 currency. It's also possible to reach that crate with 2.6mil per person, where you won't earn Mk3 either. I know that it wouldn't be equal across the guild and there will be 5-6mil earners earning extra Mk3, but it's still pretty pathetic.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Options
    buctyde1jzrt.png

And here we have it, just 43 guilds reached the 130mil crate to earn Mk3 currency. It's also possible to reach that crate with 2.6mil per person, where you won't earn Mk3 either. I know that it wouldn't be equal across the guild and there will be 5-6mil earners earning extra Mk3, but it's still pretty pathetic.

List isn't complete yet. We haven't posted our numbers and we are way over 130. But that does not change the fact it is a very small portion of players.
  • Options
    Antario wrote: »
    buctyde1jzrt.png

List isn't complete yet. We haven't posted our numbers and we are way over 130. But that does not change the fact it is a very small portion of players.

My mistake, but as you said, it's still a small portion of players.
  • DeusArt
    134 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    As I understand Guild Store unique characters like Dengar, Starck etc now harder to get and old guild tokens should be focused on them?
    Plus new raid MK2 currency rate looks strange. Especially for relic mats 1 carbonite = 400 mk2 = 5 crystals
    k0kig8dzq5vx.jpeg
  • Iy4oy4s
    2944 posts Member
    Options

We've heard "I've passed this on to the team" so many times, its almost worthless to say. Im sure Crumb's heart goes out to us.....

BTW...where is Crumb?
  • Options
    A quick fix to the basic problem of the legacy raids offering better rewards, would to make the guild track rewards also cumulative....
    Won't fix the missing parts of the "same as before" rewards, but would at least make the steaming pile of garbage raid worthwhile to invest.
    Never seen such a waste of animation and graphics work ...
  • TobyWan
    3 posts Member
    Options

So genuinely do you think CG will do anything about it? You guys are close and know them better than we do. I’m sceptical that they care about anyone other than those who spend thousands on this game. But as you rightly say this is worse for everyone and especially brutal for people outside the top ~100 guilds.

• Lumiya
    1576 posts Member
    Options
    JAME_23 wrote: »
    When is the hotfix for raid rewards?

Soon™ CG
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Lumiya
    1576 posts Member
    Options

I am sorry to say this but Meathead writing that he passes on our feedback (which is absolutely great, that he does so!) is not the same as an official statement from CG about being aware or maybe even some information. Nevermind the fact that it sounds like CG actually thought that we would be thrilled with the new rewards and they didn't think we wouldn't like them so now our surprisingly negative feedback has to be passed on?

• Sloth243
    183 posts Member
    Options
    It’s nearly impossible that they aren’t aware of the overall disappointment from most of the fan base. Unless individuals went on a silent retreat and went completely unplugged.

Not much hasn’t been said at this point. Really all we can do is wait, and see if anything changes in the future
  • Starslayer
    2421 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    I guess I'm one of the privileged ones who have way more Aeros than I know what to do with, but I'm sure in a couple years (assuming the game is still alive) I'll be eating those words. My biggest gripe is the lack of credits and guild event currency. Both of those are critical for slicing and 6*ing mods. These changes are kneecapping roster development in more ways than just gating R8.

Also how depressing is it that they didn't change the description on Aeros.? RIP Crancor. 😭

gxdffsv8tk0d.png

aocq0abgn5n0.png

“You’re good, Starslayer… Just not good enough.” (WookieWookie)

• herd_nerfer
    2071 posts Member
    Options
    Grimsie wrote: »

q834xwj3w33x.png

Bubba he's kind of right man... Like the way you come off in most of your posts... Maybe it's not your intent, but would you feel the same way you do now if you had 40 Aero's instead of 400.

Yes and no, but I really appreciate how you worded it....

My whole view on this matter is that rewards should not go down when new content is released, especially when power creep is making the requirements go up....

This affects all of us whether new or old etc.... Singling out what YOU are missing ie. aeros (but it doesn't have to be aeros, it could be anything), does a disservice to everyone and waters down the community argument....

I think there's some value in getting specific about what people don't like about the situation. If Meathead goes back to the team and says, "Well, everyone's mad about rewards..." there's literally no actionable information in that statement.

That being said, I'll concede that it's possible I'm fixating on Aeros and the loss of CPit rewards. The fact of the matter is, the way rewards have been re-structured puts the overwhelming majority of players at a disadvantage as compared to what we were getting two weeks ago. The math and the stats fully support that statement. And even the folks at the top seem to have some problems with it, even though the math points to them coming out ahead under the current system.

The addition of three new currencies is annoying and inconvenient. I'd be fine with it if rewards were in parity, but they aren't and won't be for a while for me and my guild (and probably most other guilds around our level). If they MUST add three new currencies, they should give them their own shops so we can more easily differentiate what items cost what currency. I really don't see the benefit to the players in doing this - I see the benefit to CG - and fine - make the math harder if you must (people are already writing calculators to compare the currencies so this is a pointless exercise and a waste of development time imo, but whatever) - but don't make the visuals so confusing. Again though, ideally just make it all guild tokens. You can still gate things like high level relic mats by assigning ridiculous prices - I would think that would be appealing - CG is the king of ridiculous pricing.

The lack of credits, ship credits, and slicing mats really is curious and I'm really not sure how removing those things and 'substituting' with one of the raid currencies was a good idea to someone - or why anyone thought that players would be happy about that. That being said, unless I've missed it there's no where to buy slicing mats with the new currency. So what's that about? Also, it feels a lot like opting for gear over credits or vice versa in the store now where we used to get both.

But the biggest problem, in my eyes is the fact that SO MANY PEOPLE are getting less now than they were before. MAYBE if all players were in the same boat after this change, it MIGHT be a little easier to swallow. I really don't think that's the answer though. It seems that many of us feel like something has been taken away from us - make us feel whole - bring the rewards back in line with what we were getting running all four raids. Right now, we're not there. People have spent time and money to progress in this game and that progress is being diminished by the current changes.

F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • SotaDraken
    447 posts Member
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

We've heard "I've passed this on to the team" so many times, its almost worthless to say. Im sure Crumb's heart goes out to us.....

BTW...where is Crumb?

Focused on the LOTAR game, I heard but I could see him popping in under a pseudonym and defending CG.... Makes me wonder who could that be............
  • Options

I must have blinked and missed this! Replying to a comment in multiple threads is very different from putting out a statement or post. That's what open and honest communication looks like.

Saying we know it's not as good but we need to do this for the long term health and duration of the game, would also be okay - we might not like it but at least its open and transparent.

I'm not accusing the devs, I understand they have guidelines of what they can post, I'm pointing out the company's culture and track record.

I'm happy to be proven wrong and would welcome it.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    TobyWan wrote: »

So genuinely do you think CG will do anything about it? You guys are close and know them better than we do. I’m sceptical that they care about anyone other than those who spend thousands on this game. But as you rightly say this is worse for everyone and especially brutal for people outside the top ~100 guilds.

I'm no closer to CG than anyone else, just more active than most across multiple onlne discussion platforms...

I have seen them make adjustments to rewards, game mode difficulties etc. before due to player complaints.. I certainly hope this is going to be another case where they do so...
  • Shmoopyz
    135 posts Member
    Options
    Guys here's a new raid.

Oh BTW, half his reqs aren't even accelerated, but if you don't have 40 Jabbas, it's not even worth doing. B)
  • herd_nerfer
    2071 posts Member
    Options
    SotaDraken wrote: »

BTW...where is Crumb?

Focused on the LOTAR game, I heard but I could see him popping in under a pseudonym and defending CG.... Makes me wonder who could that be............

lol, I think Crumb probably has a life outside these forums and that studio. For many of us, playing the game and coming on the forums is a leisure time activity for Crumb that would be work. I highly doubt he's spending time at his desk writing posts under a pseudonym when he's likely wearing many more hats than just 'Community Manager'. I can't help but give the man more credit than that. He genuinely seems like a stand up guy to me.

In fact, if I had to guess that there was anyone behind the scenes at CG saying, "Uh, hold up guys - this isn't going to go well for us..." it would be Crumb and Meathead.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Lumiya
    1576 posts Member
    Options
    SotaDraken wrote: »

BTW...where is Crumb?

lol, I think Crumb probably has a life outside these forums and that studio. For many of us, playing the game and coming on the forums is a leisure time activity for Crumb that would be work. I highly doubt he's spending time at his desk writing posts under a pseudonym when he's likely wearing many more hats than just 'Community Manager'. I can't help but give the man more credit than that. He genuinely seems like a stand up guy to me.

In fact, if I had to guess that there was anyone behind the scenes at CG saying, "Uh, hold up guys - this isn't going to go well for us..." it would be Crumb and Meathead.

I absolutely agree.

I think especially the CMs are those whom know best what the players will like or not and what works and what won't because they are closer in touch with the community, be it only by reading what they write or even communicating with them and playing the game themselves.

They are not the ones making these decisions.
  • Goavs506
    45 posts Member
    Options
    Goavs506 wrote: »
    this is not getting nearly enough traction. as a ~5m gp player in a ~400m gp guild - i estimate going from ~28 aeros/month to ZERO.
    that's just aeros. not considering anything else. i don't need to look at anything else.
    this is a huge kick in the teeth and completely unacceptable.

I'm not sure why so many folks are concerned about aeros... You can get them from Conquest as well and many of us have a stockpile of them..

i have only been playing for 13 months. my account is 5m gp. my "stockpile" is 137 aeros, which will be gone in no time due to no longer adding any to it through raids. i would estimate a far greater # of players are in my position than yours.

Oh my gosh poor you! Only 137 aeros! I am at 6 mil and have earned all my aeros through conquest. And am doing just fine. I am glad crancor is gone, so maybe you won’t take them for granted in the future

I was getting my aeros from CPit. You're getting yours from conquest. You think it's no big deal that I've had my CPit source pulled out from under me. By this reasoning, I should assume that you'd be completely fine with a conquest system overhaul tomorrow that stripped you of your ability to earn aeros?

In your scenario, you still have access to conquest and a source of Aeros.

First, that's not the point at all. The point is I worked to build a roster and complete an event for rewards. I've had that taken away. So has every other player in the game who worked towards it and achieved it.
    Second, how many players/guilds were capable of completing CPit but not capable of completing conquest to a high enough degree to get the aeros in there? This change hurts every single one of them, which I'm guessing is a lot.

The entire point of a game like this is to build, grow, and achieve milestones. The milestones we've worked hard to achieve should not be stripped away from us. It doesn't matter what that milestone is. Once it's been achieved, and its rewards earned, that it's. Achievement complete, move on to something bigger and better. Aeros, signal data, kyros - whatever. Just imagine any single resource in the game that you need - and that you've spent time, resources, and possibly even $ to achieve - only to have it taken away and told "rebuild something different to earn that thing today that you already built for and earned yesterday."

That's the crux of what has happened here - and it's not ok. And if you cannot grasp that then this conversation is pointless.

I wholeheartedly agree.

It’s like unlocking slkr and then they say you can’t have that anymore u less you do this, which will take you months, potentially a year + to do so.

I don’t think that’s a good example at all…

Why not, it’s the same principal isn’t it?

Entire guilds worked toward unlocking a reward and it’s been taken from them.

How is it any different to a player working towards opening a character for a year, only for it to be taken away and replaced with new goalposts that will take them a year to get.

It’s entirely the same principal.

If anything it’s worse given the coordination between multiple players to achieve those rewards.

Getting 20 Aeros to get someone to relic 8 does not take a year without Crancor. Not at all. Also people have already used and benefitted from the rewards from crancor to get the final reward of relic 8s on characters.

But people grinded tooth and nail and coordinated their alliance to achieve those rewards and they’ve been removed without another long grind.

How is that any different to moving a goalpost of GL?

On principal it’s the same.

You work towards a goal, you achieve it. To have that reward suddenly stripped and all that work undone is a bitter pill to swallow.

I mean, if they actually wanted players to progress then they’d actually accelerate the farms, the rewards etc.

But I don’t think they want that, they want to slow gameplay so much so that players need to spend more money (that most don’t actually have in a credit crunch) to have any kind of meaningful progression.

Putting a gate on already hard earnt achieved privilidges is just going to **** off the existing demographic that is both f2p and spending on the game.

they moved the goalposts and the community aren’t happy. If you disagree then you’re one of the few that does.

you can get still get Aeros in other ways. As far as I’m aware, you can’t unlock SLKR through conquest
  • dogwelder79
    1515 posts Member
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    I guess I'm one of the privileged ones who have way more Aeros than I know what to do with, but I'm sure in a couple years (assuming the game is still alive) I'll be eating those words. My biggest gripe is the lack of credits and guild event currency. Both of those are critical for slicing and 6*ing mods. These changes are kneecapping roster development in more ways than just gating R8.

Also how depressing is it that they didn't change the description on Aeros.? RIP Crancor. 😭

gxdffsv8tk0d.png

aocq0abgn5n0.png

“You’re good, Starslayer… Just not good enough.” (WookieWookie)

Stockpiles end up disappearing. When relics were introduced I thought I'd never run out of gear to convert to CCB. Now I farm them every day.
    It will be the same with aeros. Now people think it doesn't matter if they removed the biggest source, because they can still get some once a month in conquest. But now every new journey/gl/etc toon requires several r8/r9 toons, plus TB, which intends to make people r8/r9 useful toons for combat and useless toons for platoons.