Ahsoka TV Series (Spoiler Discussion)

Replies

• Options
    that was good. it keeps getting better.
  • Options
    Is Huyang the historian of SW instead of R2?!
    I wonder if Baylan wants to find Mortis to become the Father or Brother? Ashoka wearing all white seems to be hinting that tie in.
    Why does Thrawn have a potbelly now? it seems out of place for the training we saw him doing in Rebels, plus it kinds looks like a pillow shoved under his tunic. That being said, his new legions look great! Based off the name "night trooper" I'm assuming they're gonna be imbued with Magick?
    I had a bigger reaction to seeing Chimera than Ezra, they just did the ship's scale and damage so well, though I am looking forward to seeing Ezra fighting
  • Options
    This was a much better episode that felt more like SW.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    I liked episode five a lot and episode six is better yet. The acting seems to be 100% better then episodes 1-3.
  • Devian
    672 posts Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Everything was really good, even some stupid questions of Sabine played along
    ("where is Ezra, you promised me'', girl, what do you expect, Bailyn pull a Ezra out of his pocket?). The only miss was Thrawn's make-up, that felt like they tried to recreate Robert Rotten style.
    until small local ninja-turtteles showed up. Dave, why are you doing this in each episode? =] You make awesome episodes, put interesting lore, introduce interesting characters or make cool cameos and then goof it all off.
  • Options
    Another epic episode. The arrival of the Chimera was beautifully done.
  • Wed_Santa
    996 posts Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    I have to admit I’m warming to the show. Baylan is cemented as the best and most interesting character by far. Thrawn was done well and I liked the whole charred around the edges Chimaera and crew. Capt Enoch seems ready made for the holo tables and I didn’t have a problem with the cute baby turtle people (cute little aliens are a core trope in Star Wars). I also liked the expansion of pergil and nightsister backstories. Lots of good world building geek content. I’m excited by Baylan’s hints of an ancient stirring big bad - although worried that if it’s really as big and bad as hinted, it’s never going to be satisfactorily dealt with in the remaining episodes (maybe there’s an arc on the way and we’ll need Bo Katarn to wake up the Mythosaur to ride out against the whatever it is and its zombie space whale invasion fleet…). But…
    …was the episode better for having no Ahsoka?
    That’s a worry.
  • Options
    Great episode, I loved 95% of it. My only two real gripes are minor but they irked me and my wife immediately.
    1. What's with Thrawns potbelly? That is wildly distracting and not in line with the character.
    2. The Sabine/Ezra reunion was way too subdued. He has been gone for years, presumably thought he'd never see another human again and his best friend in the galaxy shows up and his reaction is to play it cool? He should have dropped the stuff he was carrying, ran to each other hugged/cried/screamed, and then talked...
  • Wed_Santa
    996 posts Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Great episode, I loved 95% of it. My only two real gripes are minor but they irked me and my wife immediately.
    1. What's with Thrawns potbelly? That is wildly distracting and not in line with the character.
    2. The Sabine/Ezra reunion was way too subdued. He has been gone for years, presumably thought he'd never see another human again and his best friend in the galaxy shows up and his reaction is to play it cool? He should have dropped the stuff he was carrying, ran to each other hugged/cried/screamed, and then talked...

As this has been mentioned more than once, I’d like to say, as a being of antiquity myself, no amount of training can hold back certain physiological changes that come with age - regardless of the YouTube ads. Frankly, if you and the good Mrs Randy Watson find Lars’ slight softening wildly distracting, then I’m afraid I’d blow your minds (despite the North Pole having a well used gym).

On the subject of muted reunions - I actually liked that. Sometimes real emotions are way too big for demonstrable show. There is a time and a place for Kabuki - but also for Noh
  • Options
    Btw, these SW shows seem to be the best when the title character isn’t in the episode :D
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Devian wrote: »
    ("where is Ezra, you promised me'', girl, what do you expect, Bailyn pull a Ezra out of his pocket?). The only miss was Thrawn's make-up, that felt like they tried to recreate Robert Rotten style.
    until small local ninja-turtteles showed up. Dave, why are you doing this in each episode? =] You make awesome episodes, put interesting lore, introduce interesting characters or make cool cameos and then goof it all off.

I saw the little guys similar to Jawas and the Raiders similar to Tuskens.
  • Options
    Someone in my alliance discord just said the imperial troopers with Thrawn are largely dead and reanimated by the Nightsisters. Did I miss that or is this speculation?

At work and can't rewatch (but I sure as heck can waste time on a forum while at work - don't tell my boss).
  • Options
    Someone in my alliance discord just said the imperial troopers with Thrawn are largely dead and reanimated by the Nightsisters. Did I miss that or is this speculation?

At work and can't rewatch (but I sure as heck can waste time on a forum while at work - don't tell my boss).

I don't think we know enough to make that conclusion yet, but there is certainly something "off" with the Trooper Commander with the gold mask....
    "The Empire won't stop until we make them " - Cpt. Drogan, Bitter Pill Company
  • Options
    ezra was well cast and well acted. for the first time i could really recognise a rebels character as they were presented in that show. he felt like ezra. more please!

thrawn reminded me a lot of hermann göring (fat ****, liked white fantasy uniforms). not sure they were going for that look, but it's what came out. :D
    the chimera appearance was well done, similar to the first shot of slave 1 in boba fett.
    baylan skoll remains one of the better aspects of the show. on the other hand, his aims still seems awfully vague and i have a strong suspicion the reveal (if it ever comes) will be a letdown.
    the nightsisters were great, might one hope for a spinoff series? (without filoni writing or directing!!!)

i mean, i'm not as smart as thrawn, but i would have shot sabine on the spot. i'm sure giving back her stuff and releasing her won't come back to bite the most brilliant strategist in the star wars universe.
  • Options
    Fantastic episode. I'm actually worrying about how the two coming up can outdo this one. :smile:

I liked the Ezra/Sabine reunion scene. On the first look, the slow to warm up might not feel like what the Ezra we know would do, but it does serve to show that he has matured, and likely become more advanced in the way of Jedi. On Sabine's part, I think the "but at what cost" thought has started sinking in and putting a damper on her excitement.

The three flying balls were pretty neat. I also liked the "Tuskens dressed up in Samurai suits" nomads people.

Thrawn's belly definitely was not looking good. Maybe they wanted to show that he aged too, but overdid it.

The theory that night troopers are reanimated doesn't sound like a stretch to me. I wonder what the red strips they seemingly randomly wrap around armors are.
  • Options
    shlominus wrote: »
    baylan skoll remains one of the better aspects of the show. on the other hand, his aims still seems awfully vague and i have a strong suspicion the reveal (if it ever comes) will be a letdown.

His character is my favorite in the show and with there only being two episodes left, and his passing away in real life, I worry about how his story will wrap up.
  • Options
    Maybe it was just me, but the part at the beginning where Ahsoka tells Huyang to go ahead and tell her a story and he started out with "A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away" in that voice of his was awesome....

I also agree with the posters who think Baylin is an awesome and interesting character. With only two episodes left, I really hope the last two are longer in length to allow the rest of his stry to unfold properly.
  • Options

The theory that night troopers are reanimated doesn't sound like a stretch to me. I wonder what the red strips they seemingly randomly wrap around armors are.

Before my guildmate suggested the reanimation angle I thought the troopers were holding their armor together after being in the field for several years and sustaining damage with no way to replace or effectively repair their gear.
  • Options

Before my guildmate suggested the reanimation angle I thought the troopers were holding their armor together after being in the field for several years and sustaining damage with no way to replace or effectively repair their gear.

I thought it was imperial duct tape as well :)
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Devian wrote: »

I saw the little guys similar to Jawas and the Raiders similar to Tuskens.
    If Jawas were little furry puppies - I would have same issue. These turrteles were just too cute. Here is tomb planet with death all around, giant wolf that wants to eat enemies alive... and cute little turrtles... with babies...the only thing missing was rainbow. It way too goofy for me, too forced to be cute. I had no issue with Raiders, actually it would be even interesting if they were part of original Order of Ren.
  • Options

that's how i read it as well.
  • Options
    shlominus wrote: »

that's how i read it as well.

Well, I actually missed the bit when they were referred to as nighttroopers but those red strips did look a lot like the nightsister leg and arm bindings, so maybe more significant than running repairs?
  • Options
    Wed_Santa wrote: »

Well, I actually missed the bit when they were referred to as nighttroopers but those red strips did look a lot like the nightsister leg and arm bindings, so maybe more significant than running repairs?

Watch with subtitles and it will says " night trooper" when they chant "Thrawn."
  • Options

Watch with subtitles and it will says " night trooper" when they chant "Thrawn."
    Can confirm.. I NEED to watch with subtitles, catch so many..
  • Wed_Santa
    996 posts Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

Ah. Thanks. I’ll need to watch on something other than my phone, then. But it does take the edge off driving to work…
  • Options
    SotaDraken wrote: »

Can confirm.. I NEED to watch with subtitles, catch so many..

Definitely reccomend doing, it does spoil names but meh, better to pick up on all the whispers
  • Options

Ah. Thanks. I’ll need to watch on something other than my phone, then. But it does take the edge off driving to work…

I hope you are not literally watching shows while driving?
  • Options

I hope you are not literally watching shows while driving?

There’s an article by PJ O ‘Rourke that you might like to read…
  • Options
    Have to say, Dave made new awesome memes =D
    https://youtu.be/fsDvelOpObs?si=nFOh4QF1bX0ORW-c