• Options
    rickertron wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »
    so the only way to beat it is to unlock LV? sounds like their logic

No. Inqs, SLKR, Leia can work as well.

INQ without Reva is not working for me.

I had to use my Reva mission mods - GI, 7th, 8th, 9th, 5th. Open with 7th heal to put evasion up on everyone then spam AOEs. Took lots of tries but it worked. All my inqs are R7.

Lots of the incoming damage is max health based damage from all the exposes - minimizing health and maximizing protection on everyone as per the Reva SM is a smart play and the turn order and additional crit avoid works well too. The trick is getting enough dodges to keep everyone alive long enough to get their AOEs done. Once everyone has taken a turn, the shield generator should be gone and you've got a little room to work.

I can get the sheild generator down, than GI gets marked I dont take another turn and the Gungans one shot everybody.

Yeah, that's where the RNG and the retries comes in - Even with the modding and turn-order right you're still relying on things to fall into place.

I got determined and kept trying and eventually it just worked.

I was ready to walk away from this one but I guess my determination got the better of me and I ended up with red crate. It was still frustrating and annoying but at least I got my slicing mats.

6rkil51hfixt.jpeg
  • herd_nerfer
    2089 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »
    so the only way to beat it is to unlock LV? sounds like their logic

No. Inqs, SLKR, Leia can work as well.

INQ without Reva is not working for me.

I had to use my Reva mission mods - GI, 7th, 8th, 9th, 5th. Open with 7th heal to put evasion up on everyone then spam AOEs. Took lots of tries but it worked. All my inqs are R7.

Lots of the incoming damage is max health based damage from all the exposes - minimizing health and maximizing protection on everyone as per the Reva SM is a smart play and the turn order and additional crit avoid works well too. The trick is getting enough dodges to keep everyone alive long enough to get their AOEs done. Once everyone has taken a turn, the shield generator should be gone and you've got a little room to work.

I can get the sheild generator down, than GI gets marked I dont take another turn and the Gungans one shot everybody.

Yeah, that's where the RNG and the retries comes in - Even with the modding and turn-order right you're still relying on things to fall into place.

I got determined and kept trying and eventually it just worked.

I was ready to walk away from this one but I guess my determination got the better of me and I ended up with red crate. It was still frustrating and annoying but at least I got my slicing mats.

6rkil51hfixt.jpeg

I bet he's got an awesome mod score.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    Is this a standard Gungan team or are they supercharged? Haven't fought them before so don't really know if this is normal. With shard drops will be pretty close to getting them 7*, if they are like this in GAC with a few top teams that can beat them are they worth chasing?
    I beat a high relic Gungan team in TW using a Dr. Aphra team. Was not much of a challenge, my guild mates struggled using other teams. But my DR. Aphra got absolutely nuked by this Gungan squad.
  • Options
    I bet he's got an awesome mod score.

That might be jumping to conclusions
  • scuba
    14170 posts Member
    Options
    Not sure what people are getting tripped up on. Think that was 3 or 4 turns on my side.
    fb1yl410q2g6.jpg
  • Options
    @scuba

Did you get the out-of-turn attacks feat with that squad?
  • Options
    Is this a standard Gungan team or are they supercharged? Haven't fought them before so don't really know if this is normal. With shard drops will be pretty close to getting them 7*, if they are like this in GAC with a few top teams that can beat them are they worth chasing?

Supercharged by quite a lot. Remember it's a GC, so they have a special modifier that won't be active when you face Gungans in TW or GAC. It's similar to what you'll face in Conquest, but not quite the same there, either, as one of the Gungans has a special Omicron ability only active in GCs.
  • scuba
    14170 posts Member
    Options
    @scuba

Did you get the out-of-turn attacks feat with that squad?

They killed them to quickly, used lord Vader lead for it
  • Screerider
    1453 posts Member
    Options
    If LV kills too quickly, make sure your summon stays alive, get ‘em down to 2-3 Gungans, and auto-basic.
  • DeusArt
    135 posts Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried Gungans with Omi against this GC? Just curious if the promised omicron is worth it?
  • Jacgul
    281 posts Member
    Options
    Jacgul wrote: »
    Got the Leia, drogan, r3, han and chewie team to work

Drawing a blank but who is R3?

R2, oops
  • Cois4
    11 posts Member
    Options
    why is the gunnen event still stupid, my relic 7 darth vader just got 1 shotted in tier 5 what the actual ****........its nice that you make this game easier for newer players, but how about keeping your current (f2p) satisfied
  • Frodo
    3 posts Member
    Options
    if this is the future of gc i will quit the game tbh
  • RoyKent
    45 posts Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone that this one’s poo, but everyone on the forums seem so fatalistic. Not just in this thread. Constantly “gonna quit” or “never gonna spend again”. Relax y’all.
  • scuba
    14170 posts Member
    Options
    RoyKent wrote: »
    I agree with everyone that this one’s poo, but everyone on the forums seem so fatalistic. Not just in this thread. Constantly “gonna quit” or “never gonna spend again”. Relax y’all.

Those are the norms along with game is dying..
  • Options
    CAT - Force Leap. Instantly defeat target enemy on first use. This ability can't be evaded.

Jar-Jar - "Hold my beer"
  • Options
    I just don't get why the trade federation even attempted to attack Naboo? The Gungans are fearsome. Why didn't the Gungans save the republic from the empire and Sith, obviously there is no power in the universe that can stop the Gungans?
  • scuba
    14170 posts Member
    Options
    CAT - Force Leap. Instantly defeat target enemy on first use. This ability can't be evaded.

Jar-Jar - "Hold my beer"

qv8uhmta47sq.png
  • Dobbz
    40 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

Jar-Jar - "Hold my beer"

qv8uhmta47sq.png

I believe they're talking about the "this ability can't be evaded" line. Even if it doesn't insta kill, it should still hit (which it doesnt)
  • scuba
    14170 posts Member
    Options
    Dobbz wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »

Jar-Jar - "Hold my beer"

qv8uhmta47sq.png

I believe they're talking about the "this ability can't be evaded" line. Even if it doesn't insta kill, it should still hit (which it doesnt)

I don't think it was evaded. I think it tried to destroy and ended up not doing anything because they can't be destroyed. Destroy does no damage. Kinda like Levi ability when it tries to destroy mk6. Mk6 stays around and loses no stacks. The ability essentially does nothing
  • MasterSeedy
    5197 posts Member
    Options
    The ability essentially does nothing

This is actually incorrect.

Go ahead and try CAT's Force Leap against a galactic legend. Against enemies immune to instakill CAT's FL inflicts damage, even if it's the first attack using FL.

Now you never get that instakill back. You won't be able to instakill someone on the 2nd FL if you attacked a GL with it on the first one, but you absolutely do damage. Not so vs. the Gungans.
  • scuba
    14170 posts Member
    edited June 6
    Options
    The ability essentially does nothing

This is actually incorrect.

Go ahead and try CAT's Force Leap against a galactic legend. Against enemies immune to instakill CAT's FL inflicts damage, even if it's the first attack using FL.

Now you never get that instakill back. You won't be able to instakill someone on the 2nd FL if you attacked a GL with it on the first one, but you absolutely do damage. Not so vs. the Gungans.

That is because there i an acutally clause in her ability for if the target is a gl, raid boss or object it will do "massive damage" instead. Jar Jar is neither a raid boss or Gl so it tries to destroy.would probably have the same thing vs resistence with the instant defeat immunity

jar jar falls into the first part, gl and raid bosses fall into the second part
    y9xsr9lxjff4.png
  • scuba
    14170 posts Member
    Options
    I went back and looked at cats ability and it will do minimal damage to a non gl/raid boss if they have instant defeat immunity, 2.5 x special damage, not the 99,999 damage.
    I also tested it in arena and it does hit thru FS which gives more evasion than jar jar +1000% so I doubt jar jar evaded the attack it was just minimal damage.

nunexa35r681.jpg
  • Morgoth01
    521 posts Member
    Options
    Now this current GC is imo a great example of a really stupid GC combination.

You have a mandated team with no permakills.
    You have a modifier with constant revives.
    You have an enemy modifier with stacking damage and health as well as a health/TM boost every time another enemy is defeated.

This makes for a horrible combo, particularly with Sion who can gain Hatred, Talon who makes first kill more tricky and Traya who also have a deal of survivability building.

It’s easy to get gold box with clones taking out a lower tier and eg SEE/Bane beating max tier, but not sure how to beat final tier with clones without spending countless hours waiting for perfect rng and alignment.
  • Lumiya
    1582 posts Member
    Options
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    Now this current GC is imo a great example of a really stupid GC combination.

You have a mandated team with no permakills.
    You have a modifier with constant revives.
    You have an enemy modifier with stacking damage and health as well as a health/TM boost every time another enemy is defeated.

This makes for a horrible combo, particularly with Sion who can gain Hatred, Talon who makes first kill more tricky and Traya who also have a deal of survivability building.

It’s easy to get gold box with clones taking out a lower tier and eg SEE/Bane beating max tier, but not sure how to beat final tier with clones without spending countless hours waiting for perfect rng and alignment.

Yep, I just did tier 10 with SLKR for the other 3 feats and then used Clones on a lower tier for Gold Box and that's enough for me.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • nottenst
    721 posts Member
    Options

BitDynasty in his video said he was able to do Tier 10 with clones 3 times in 40 attempts. Those odds are definitely not worth it.
  • Daclif
    34 posts Member
    edited June 7
    Options
    So far I only managed the 3 other requirements on tier 10, but my R5 501st-Clones (don't have Bad Batch yet) are only able to clear Tier 3. Five fully reliced and modded Clones can not even clear a Lvl 85, G12 squad.
    They just don't kill all 5 opponents quick enough and then get wittled down by the ever recurring Sith every single time. No permakill, no decent AOE.
    I guess I just take crate 8 and walk away. Wouldn't be the first time in the last weeks.
    Just give GAS a honorable Clone Trooper tag and fine, but not this ridiculous experience.
  • Lumiya
    1582 posts Member
    Options
    nottenst wrote: »

BitDynasty in his video said he was able to do Tier 10 with clones 3 times in 40 attempts. Those odds are definitely not worth it.

Here we are again on the topic of too much time sink for rewards that are not worth it to go for Red Box.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Cois4
    11 posts Member
    Options
    Whisky the **** Thats in charge of gc events? I havent been able to finish tier 10 in the last three events….im a solo player and farming chars takes a long time for me, but i manage to have a few relic 7 teams….slkr is at gear lvl 11 , so getting there….absolutely refuse to spend money on this game. Somehow I have the the feeling youre basicly being force to spend money or finishing stuff (that used to be very managable btw) is going to be impossible……..what about looking out for the little man gc? Fun is getting scarser and scarser………