Guild Preview Discussion Megathread

Replies

• medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    Lets, purely for science, assume that someone hates people. That person might not want to have to deal with other players in any way.

If you are in a guild, chances are you have to deal with other players in some at least minor way as to not get removed in favor of another player.
  • Options
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    how the heck do you even join a guild at this point?
  • Options
    goobstoob wrote: »
    how the heck do you even join a guild at this point?

There's a $50 USD processing fee to join any guild in the guilds section
  • Options
    I suggest creating a guild full of people that don't want to be in a guild. Then you can not talk or do anything. You can be a total hermit and still get rewards.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Rustufu wrote: »
    I suggest creating a guild full of people that don't want to be in a guild. Then you can not talk or do anything. You can be a total hermit and still get rewards.

U should read above comments ;)
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • EA_Jesse
    663 posts SWGOH Dev Team
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @BielCaprinho - Yes, a leader will be able to transfer ownership to another member.

@I_WANT_YODA - I haven't given any details, I was vague on purpose. More details will be shared later on what the Guild Leader can use Guild Bank Currency on.

Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Options
    About scaling:

Scaling need not necessarily be implemented explicitly in order to be implemented effectively.

If you need to accomplish something that requires 50 hours of play in order for your guild to get a reward, a 10 player guild would split the reward 10 ways and each player would get 5 hours worth of rewards for the guild's completion of that one task.

A 50 player guild would split the reward 50 ways, and each player would get 1 hour worth of rewards for the guild's completion of that one task.

As a small guild, you won't finish as many tasks, but you'll get more from the ones that you do. On average, 1 hour invested gets you one hour's worth of rewards.

The disadvantage of a small guild is that you get bigger payouts farther apart, so it's hard to rush things when you're so-so-close to that magical thing you want. The advantage is that it's easier to know people and have a better social experience. That's not an in-game advantage, but why are you playing the game?
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse Did you see my post earlier?
    So I read in a datamine (and it's just common sense) that guild leadership can be transfered to an officer and the leader can step down.

Would this change the guild timezone or would it be set to wherever it was first set?

Choosing the optimal timezone for everyone in your guild is very important, so being able to adjust this as you see fit (or adjusting for daylight savings not changing) would be a great function to have.

1231gv.jpg
  • Options
    From what I understand, this looks quite similar to to clash of clans in terms of guilds/clans. raids are very comparable to clan wars, 50 person max, different authority levels (leader - officer - member), benefits to joining a clan/guild but its not necessary etc. all in all this looks like it will be a great addition to the game
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options
    700 crystals
  • Options
    Im also confident that raids will be open for a 24 hour time period, and can be started whenever the leader feels fit. It seems to be modelled similar to clash of clans, and that system has been almost perfected and works very well
  • Options
    Mo_liza wrote: »
    700 crystals

It's in credits.
  • Options
    at a minimum the same amount as promoting to 7*
  • Slewfoot
    910 posts Member
    Options
    Leagues in madden mobile were 5000 coins which you could get in about half an hour of playing. ill guess about 100k coins.
  • Options
    Lots of people in this thread that are obviously tons of fun at parties.
  • Options
    @cosmicturtle333 - first, let's not talk about data mined stuff, I highly discourage it on these forums, it spreads what is oftentimes misinformation. Now back to the question, I believe the time zone would stay to what it originally was with the initial Guild Leader. However, I'm not 100% certain on this, so I'll need to check with some folks here at CG.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse

Great communication on this. Thank you very much. One question. Will we get some advance notice on the cost to start so we can prepare?
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options

Nothing to do with parties. Some people don't like to see chat spam from teenagers, people trolling, drama starters, the same stupid questions repeated when playing a game.
  • Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    @cosmicturtle333 - first, let's not talk about data mined stuff, I highly discourage it on these forums, it spreads what is oftentimes misinformation. Now back to the question, I believe the time zone would stay to what it originally was with the initial Guild Leader. However, I'm not 100% certain on this, so I'll need to check with some folks here at CG.

Okay sweet. I look forward to the confirmation.
  • Options

Nothing to do with parties. Some people don't like to see chat spam from teenagers, people trolling, drama starters, the same stupid questions repeated when playing a game.

Then join an adult clan. It actually makes game play a lot more enjoyable to make new friends and be a part of a team.
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options
    Rod___INL wrote: »

Then join an adult clan. It actually makes game play a lot more enjoyable to make new friends and be a part of a team.

Why would you want friends from a mobile phone game?
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Then why come to the forums? That describes them precisely. Just don't join a noob guild. There's a ton of quality guilds with decent players. I get the impression that most people who post those kinds of comments have never been in a guild that wasn't started by someone spamming starter zones in MMOs.
  • Options
    The inter guild communication will be a big thing. I assume it's not like Game of War since not MMO but it is best part as chatting as you play is great. Make friends but unfortunately drama happens some times. 50 person limit is perfect for this game. You will get p2p and f2p guilds I would think which will slowly drive the gap bigger. But my god, nothing like Game of War. For f2p,This is a great (free minimum) game. Over all, great news, bravo!
  • Options
    I'm curious to see how the guilds will work. I recently left a game that had guilds that worked your daily quests into their weekly reward payouts. The top guilds kicked anyone that didn't do all their dailies every single day. Fine if you never miss a day. Not so much if you can't for some reason. I wonder if this system will be like that.
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »

Then why come to the forums? That describes them precisely. Just don't join a noob guild. There's a ton of quality guilds with decent players. I get the impression that most people who post those kinds of comments have never been in a guild that wasn't started by someone spamming starter zones in MMOs.

That's the wrong impression you have. I have been in multiple"elite" guilds in online games. Most were pretty dreadful.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »

That's the wrong impression you have. I have been in multiple"elite" guilds in online games. Most were pretty dreadful.

There's more to guilds than DKP. If that's the kind of lot you fell in with and consider "elite"....

I've played in plenty guilds who were top tier, clearing end game content, and filled with awesome people. Some of us have continued to communicate outside the gaming world for 15 years.

Again, I'm not sure how you can stand the forums, or the Internet for that matter, if the type of people you describe bother you so much. Truly elite guilds can clear end game content and regulate themselves to foster a fun gaming environment.
  • Options
    Truthfully, it will probably be about 2 million to stop excessive creation of guilds.
  • Options
    The concept of guild rewards is exciting. New game modes (like GW) that measure stamina of overall guild performance with other guilds could be exciting as well. Rewards inside the guild for an mvp is also great for promoting competitive play. My only concern would be for the smaller guild remaining unable to compete, as well as one man guilds reaping mvp rewards. I've always enjoyed testing my collection against my peers.

This addition could/would also promote IAP if the proportion of rewards in game measure to play off of "the more you have, the more you can earn" idea. People who have invested into the community should be able to acquire things (like credits) in game at a greater rate than free to play, since free to play, overall, typically has less to invest into.
  • Cyclops
    80 posts Member
    Options
    I'd probably say 1-5 mil at the most