Yoda challenge - level 90 omega Megathread

Replies

• Options
    The response from devs was laughable.
    Basically it said shut up peons. Know nothing you do. Corrupt we are
  • Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    I think the statement he was now adjusted for protection means that his DPS increased to compensate.

Also level means almost nothing with bosses. What level is Mace in the tank challange? He probably has one but it's not really relavent. Our Yodas probably don't hit like that at 90

protection is gone in one attack. that means every other attack is doing more damage to a character that doesnt have protection?
  • Nobody
    225 posts Member
    Options
    Llewella wrote: »
    I have five 7* Jedi all gear 8 (in 70 max gear) no improvements on ANY of them. Lvl 70-74

Bariss, QGJ, Luminara, JC, Plo Koon. Beat yoda in 30 mins. A bunch of resets and 5-10 actual tries.

I'm so sick of the element of the community that cries and threatens to quit until they get what they want.

The fact is its a hard event. It's always been hard and if you came into it with out preparing i.e. you didn't read any of the numerous guides and you farmed eeth koth or don't have 2-3 Heros that heal it's your own fault.

• Options
    Yoda can't really kill anyone on his own if you have 3 healers. It isn't really more difficult than it was before.
    • restart until you get Barriss and either Eeth or Ima with him
    • Focus down Eeth/Ima
    • Focus down Barriss
    • Kill Yoda

Did it earlier with Barriss (L), QGJ, Lumi, JC, Eeth. Only QGJ and Lumi were above lvl70 and G8.
  • Options
    EA_Jesse
    458 POSTS ADMIN May 12, 2016 9:55PM
    Greetings,
    Today has brought up quite a few conversations about Grand Master Yoda and how the event has changed. I wanted to share some additional details with everyone on what has changed and what stayed the same:
    He’s always been at Level 90, the ability to see his level was added in a recent update.
    His speed was reduced in an earlier update
    He is now affected by Protection
    His abilities were always at the Omega material level for tier VII
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Twitter - Darokaz
    Flag Quote

can it really be that people were beating a level 90 omega yoda with level 70 gear 8 jedi? i dont feel like this is accurate.

I would agree that it doesn't seem too accurate considering in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z979Zj1O574 Yoda is not hitting crits over 10k like he is now.
  • Nobody
    225 posts Member
    Options
    So I guess we all need to use the same toons, no one is allowed to be different. What a joke
  • Options
    This is really the first time I have been truly disappointed with the people at EA regarding this game. I like thousand of others am finding the increase in difficulty of this challenge unfair. EA, do you realize that you are now requiring new players/players that were not ready to face 7* Yoda before to commit 2 to 3 times more resources than those before to earnot the same exact reward? That is completely unfair. I will not spend another dime on this game until this is remedied, and I encourage EVERYBODY else to do the same. Even those of you who have already finished your challenge, show some support for your guildmates and please boycott purchases until EA gets their heads out of their buttstuff and start treating their loyal customers fairly.
  • Nobody
    225 posts Member
    Options
    Also, don't contact EA. Contact Disney...
  • Hellcat
    319 posts Member
    Options
    The response from devs was laughable.
    Basically it said shut up peons. Know nothing you do. Corrupt we are

Exactly. Why don't they add that the sprite of Yoda is the same as before too? His lightsaber has also always been green. With the same length.
  • Nobody
    225 posts Member
    Options
    One of my posts was not allowed to be posted....
  • Options
    chipmunk19 wrote: »
    Yoda can't really kill anyone on his own if you have 3 healers. It isn't really more difficult than it was before.
    • Focus down Eeth/Ima
    • Focus down Barriss
    • Kill Yoda

Did it earlier with Barriss (L), QGJ, Lumi, JC, Eeth. Only QGJ and Lumi were above lvl70 and G8.

yoda did just that. 3 attacks in a row, 3 OHKs after protection was gone. he is critting at 13,000.
  • Ace5
    134 posts Member
    Options
    @EA_Jesse

Thanks for your post. Your update was worthless. Maybe it's true that yodas gear hasn't changed but his difficulty has scaled waaaaaaaayyyy up since the protection update. That is why people are upset.

If you want to be effective maybe comment on the difficulty scaling since he is now affected by protection and near impossible to beat outside of extreme luck.
  • Options
    They've made me hate Yoda, who used to by my favorite star wars character. I don't even want him in my party any more. I'd rather have Jar Jar Binks than to look at Yoda again right now.
  • VeeDee
    140 posts Member
    Options
    They've made me hate Yoda, who used to by my favorite star wars character. I don't even want him in my party any more. I'd rather have Jar Jar Binks than to look at Yoda again right now.

Lmao that's some funny stuff buddy
  • Mezmo
    117 posts Member
    Options
    Yea, if you let him take he heal, you lose. So don't.
  • Options
    Don't use lumi to heal.
  • Options
    I'm serious, bring on his drunken fighter nonsense and delete Yoda from the entire game, since you're not going to fix this terrible thing.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Ace5 wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse

Thanks for your post. Your update was worthless. Maybe it's true that yodas gear hasn't changed but his difficulty has scaled waaaaaaaayyyy up since the protection update. That is why people are upset.

If you want to be effective maybe comment on the difficulty scaling since he is now affected by protection and near impossible to beat outside of extreme luck.

I would disagree that he is near impossible to beat or anymore impossible than before. People without QG and Barris took hundreds of tries in the first few challnages. The first time he came out no one beat him
    With Eeth and it was discussed whether or not it was even possible without a P2p Jedi in the line up.

The Barris trick was considered the only viable FTP way to beat Yoda. I think people either weren't around or have short memories because it didn't affect them. But Yoda was never easy.
  • Options
    Wow 3 consecutive failed escapes. Salute your perseverance!
  • wrilley
    390 posts Member
    Options
    This is really the first time I have been truly disappointed with the people at EA regarding this game.

You were alone before, now you are one of the collective. Welcome @Jedi_Qef_Tser !
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    Options
  • Puglio
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Yudoka wrote: »
    darkensoul wrote: »
    Did they raise his difficulty?

Yup. He's been adjusted for the cap and Omega mats. At 6* he's level 80 purple, and at 7* his level 90 with full Omega.

Wow. They should not have done either of those things. Supremely unfair to anyone who doesn't already have him.
  • Options
    I had him beat with Ahsoke, Lumi, Consular, Eeth and Mace, it was down to my Ahsoka vs his Mace Windu and I was winning, until he exposed me 3 or 4 times in a row. The event is broken. Even when I'm set up to win, it gets cheap and makes sure I lose.
  • Options
    chipmunk19 wrote: »
    • Focus down Eeth/Ima
    • Focus down Barriss
    • Kill Yoda

yoda did just that. 3 attacks in a row, 3 OHKs after protection was gone. he is critting at 13,000.

His turn meter seems to refresh fully on a kill, similar to Windu and Savage in the daily challenges. Your biggest liability in this case would be JC since Yoda's crit can kill him instantly. Following the strategy i mentioned though, you'll just have to rely on RNG for him to not go crazy on JC. A couple more tries should do it.
  • Nobody
    225 posts Member
    Options
    I wonder what Disney would think that one of their vendors is destroying their franchise. I thought these games were suppose to be fun and enjoyable not stressful. For those of you who find lvl 7 Yoda easy, there is more to life than some useless game
  • Options
    Is there a rule about cussing on this forum or something?
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Don't use lumi to heal.

This is bad advice. Use Lumi to heal when necessary. Ensure QG has his dispel ready when using Lumis heal.
  • VeeDee
    140 posts Member
    Options
    This is really the first time I have been truly disappointed with the people at EA regarding this game. I like thousand of others am finding the increase in difficulty of this challenge unfair. EA, do you realize that you are now requiring new players/players that were not ready to face 7* Yoda before to commit 2 to 3 times more resources than those before to earnot the same exact reward? That is completely unfair. I will not spend another dime on this game until this is remedied, and I encourage EVERYBODY else to do the same. Even those of you who have already finished your challenge, show some support for your guildmates and please boycott purchases until EA gets their heads out of their buttstuff and start treating their loyal customers fairly.[/quote

I agree
    It's not like they made yoda better!!! It was strictly Done for profit which I find sad and disturbing....
  • Options
    Actually I would chose to believe Jesse's post on Yoda being lvl 90 all the while.

What's screwed is the protection he's getting. Protection scales at approximately 3-4K/gear level. Given most of our toons are stuck at g8-9 and Yoda at g11-12......that's abt 12k additional hp.

12k guys....that's the hp for one character. So now u got to kill Yoda twice essentially. And don't give us the excuse that WE have protection now cause you made us all stuck at g8-9.

Poor design, evidence of a lack of testing and effort. Once again demonstrates how this game tries to do too much but does not have the resources to do so. Only thing improving is making it more of a cash grab. I've played since Nov and I can feel the pain of new players.
  • Nobody
    225 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I registered to post tonight because of this!
This discussion has been closed.