Yoda challenge - level 90 omega Megathread

Replies

• Options
    It was hard before the update... pretty easy now. (I can say that coz I grinded him for 3 days before but no luck) today, i had less attempts and was succeessful.

Remember... patience & luck.
  • Kalcor
    92 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry man, I'm sitting in the same
    Boat but I swear to god. Not one nerd on this forum has defeated yoda lvl 90 lvl 9000 gear with these toons;
    Luminar
    Ashoka
    eth koth
    JC
    Mace windont hit crap.

That squad right now.. Impossible to complete it
  • PixieClock
    110 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    All you people recommending the Lumi heal and the QGJ dispel..... In 20 tries last night my QGJ never once dispelled the heal that yoda had stolen. In several goes, he dispelled other bonuses and left the heal. He's also never got offence up, and one one occasion gave -50% offence to my entire team!

And on top of that, my Mace Windu never once got the little magnifying glass on an enemy.

What they should have done, was leave the difficulty of the yoda event as it was and introduce a new event with a new character where the difficulty is ramped up in the same way as the yoda one has been. They wouldn't then be moving the goal posts and both sides of the argument would have been happy.
  • Duckoo
    279 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I did it with lumi lead, qgj, ahsoka, jc, and plo. Looked for ani and bariss support with yoda. Burned down ani, hit bariss until she healed, then bashed yoda.

Plo was basically a punching bag.
  • Options
    I know I've been reading people saying I beat it with lvl 70 guys it's not even hard... Doing my head in
  • Options
    Tiers 1 - 4 were a breeze. Tier 5 is borderline impossible!!

I can hardly land 2 or 3 shots before he completely heals and takes out my entire team!
  • Options
    This challenge is a disappointment. They broke this game again. FYI OP, this post will probably be deluged by people who beat this event with minimal required toons that were able to defeat Yoda with one saber tied behind their back. The "give me a cookie because I did it and you can't" crowd is hilarious. Good luck, I'll try again tomorrow, but the outlook is not good. I wish I knew the goal posts were going to be moved before this challenge released.
    Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.
  • Options
    Congratulations on your 7* Yoda! Yeah, I'm also a fan of the Bum Rush Yoda strategy. Worked for me, anyway :)
  • Options
    bump
  • wrilley
    390 posts Member
    Options
    tl;dr It's doable, it's mostly down to luck, it's not fun

Barriss(L), QGJ, Lumi, JC, Eeth.

I faced Eeth and Plo and went straight for Yoda.

I repeated the above a great many times until I got lucky.

If someone gets focused, or if Yoda spams you with 12k+ crits you lose. Over and over. Yoda's damage is set too high for squishy little Jedi so it's a dice roll that the damage is spread evenly enough and his crits are infrequent enough to get through him.

After that, clicked on Plo and hit auto. Challenge completed. Empty victory, that wasn't fun.

I noticed a comment about Eeth being "needed." No, furthest from. He's terrible. He's just the easiest one to squeeze in for a fifth, he's far from ideal. Any other DPS would be preferable.
  • Rui
    80 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    why not make yoda lvl 80 with gear 12? Is way to OP for most people who are stuck at gear 8 and under lvl 80
    Post edited by Rui on
  • Baggodi
    404 posts Member
    Options
    Tiers 1 - 4 were a breeze. Tier 5 is borderline impossible!!

I can hardly land 2 or 3 shots before he completely heals and takes out my entire team!

They've apparently changed that as well. Tier 5 wasn't a cakewalk, but I did it without barriss. If it's anything like tier 7 is now you'll have to be nearly maxed. And that's just to stand a 10% chance to get him.
    They made everything way, way harder this time.

EA messed the bed on this one.

• Options
    Any news on when they're going to scale it back?

I don't believe it's fair to have Yoda easier to obtain for players that did this raid last month but not have the same standard for the raid this month.
  • Xhowrude
    228 posts Member
    Options
    Haplo wrote: »
    Felt the same way a few months ago. When it was supposedly easier. Took me hours and hours over a few days and I only won due to a Mace expose also.

No matter what team you have and no matter how geared they are, you aren't going to win without rng on your side.

Welcome to the 7 star yoda club. Relax, have a drink, the rest of the group will be here shortly.

Thanks! I definitely popped a cold one after that rng fest
  • Panna
    210 posts Member
    Options
    This post is legendary hahaha was my feeling's exactly. Didn't think I would beat it today. +1
    ARK - Alliance Of Rebel Knights | Editor & Graphics Designer | https://swgoh.gg/u/panna/
  • Rikx
    5 posts Member
    Options
    5* Yoda is kicking my butt. I can't even get him lower than 25% with a lvl63+ gear8 5*-7* crew.
  • Baggodi
    404 posts Member
    Options
    Any news on when they're going to scale it back?

I don't believe it's fair to have Yoda easier to obtain for players that did this raid last month but not have the same standard for the raid this month.

*this* tier 5 and 6 took two or three attempts with gear 7 toons around ability 5 or 6. How is it fair that I got such an easy shot when others get hosed just for starting later.
  • Options
    I cannot believe the devs would straight up lie to us knowing people can watch videos of past yoda events and see they were doing half the damage he does now.

It is sad that honesty isn't what they are about. From Reddit calling out people for complaining and saying nothing has changed. It is like I am seeing Jesse face on Baghdad bob trying to act like nothing is wrong, when the last three updates and this event have been a disgrace, but why I am I not surprised this is EA we are talking about voted worst company in America numerous times. That's a great goal to achieve looks like they could heading down the path yet again.
  • Options
    Screw Yoda, I just want the credits!
  • Options
    I have barris, qgj, mace, lumi, jc. Is it doable for me
  • Options
    He already was nerfed. So you did waste your time.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    Options
    thorkhas wrote: »
    ...Kill the adds then DPS yoda, using no special damage attack.

Why not use a special dmg attack? Does it cause Yoda to hit harder if you do?
  • Options
    I'm so disappointed right now I worked my butt off to get my Jedi team to 6* (stars) so I could do the Teir VI event as I'm sure many of you
    did and it didn't come cheap having to spend gems on refills etc... and the event is here and I'm really excited thinking how much better Yoda will be at 6* I get ready gorgeous the event expecting it not to easy one or two moves later half of my team is dead and Yoda and his two buddy's are still at 100% health. Long story short we have been screwed over big time as far as I know there hasn't been a single member of my guild been able to do much better and a few of my close friends are in the same boat I sure hope they get their heads out of the sand and fix this event I don't think 500 gems showing up in our inbox next week will make to many people happy especially the ones who spent money so they could do refills etc...

Please fix this event for us.
  • Zathrack
    139 posts Member
    Options
    Eeth Koth is just garbage on Yoda's Last tier challenge?
  • wrilley
    390 posts Member
    Options
    If he resists a negative effect it grants him turn meter. Perhaps he means that.
  • Unimatrix
    283 posts Member
    Options
    This is frustrating.

Leaving the success of the battle to luck doesn't bode well for players who have spent considerable time (and other resources, money included) to train their jedi to 7*.
  • Options
    Lucky I havent bothered starring up my jedis to catch up in this event.... I dont event think Yoda is worth to be in my arena team hehehe....
  • Options
    So I've been f2p for a while now, since November last year. I rank top3 in raids consistently in a mixed guild. I ranked top 100-200 consistently in arena. I have no problem completing GW daily. The team im running is the following:
    7* Lumi 76 g8 (lead)
    7* Barris 76 g7
    7* Ahsoka 73 g7
    6* Mace 71 g7
    6* JC 66 g7

I can't even get close. I've tried both focusing on Yoda and taking out the guards first. I've tried Barris as leader and Lumi as leader. I've tried not using Lumi to heal to prevent Yoda from taking the heal up. I've done the challenge exactly 37 times. I've gotten him down to red health once. Idk what else to do... Any tips??? I'm getting JC up to level 70 tomorrow. But I honestly don't know what else to do.
    My 2¢
  • wrilley
    390 posts Member
    Options
    Zathrack wrote: »
    Eeth Koth is just garbage on Yoda's Last tier challenge?

He's terrible. Most of us who have him only have him because we needed a fifth and he's an easy farm.
  • Options
    I got my 6* Yoda after ~10 attempts. Lumi,QGJ,JC,Eeth,Mace. Focus Yoda only. Prey for Mace to be alive to debuff stealed heal over time and eventually offense up.
This discussion has been closed.