Yoda challenge - level 90 omega Megathread

Replies

• BWSkynobi
    334 posts Member
    Options
    Come on guys
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    Don't use lumi to heal.

This is bad advice. Use Lumi to heal when necessary. Ensure QG has his dispel ready when using Lumis heal.

Or heal after he steals your buffs
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I'd go slow and keep trying as you have a week. Level them up a bit and then attack.

I think Lumi lead is better than QG speed. What are your abilities like?
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    I guess common sense isn't as common as I thought... Pure "sense" would stipulate that if Jedi are one of the weakest "races" in the game, you would have to make it at least possible, yet the Devs make it so that this little green female body part can 2 shot a lvl76 gear 9, 7* character with a 12k hit per attack... Then we're not even talking about his "Darth Vader" ability to hit again directly after killing 1 hero... The match is over in less than 5 of your turns.

I understand it suppose to be difficult but for the love of everything good in this world... Brains were not used when considering how this event will play out. I have tried to stay optimistic in EA/CG's competence but now I have completely lost it. Who is sitting on the board of directors? A monkey? Who in their right mind would approve such id10cy?

Now once again... 1 toon & 1 toon alone is key. Barris. Without barris, you might as well wait for the next "Yoda event", oh but wait... They'll find a new way for you to spend even more amounts on micro transactions & the cycle continues. My faith in this company has all but gone! You make us **** up our original plans, so that we HAVE TO farm Jedi for this event, when we get 5 7* Jedi...:

1) ~ 2 mil to level to 7*x 5 = 10 mil
    2) ~ 500k to gear 5 = 2,5 mil
    3) ~ 3,5 mil to lvl to 75 x 5 = 17,5 mil

A grand total of ~ 30 Million credits

... we get shafted because "they want to make it more difficult". Have we not spent enough time (months for some) & credits (in an already dried up economy) to get this character for free? Oh & lets not even mention that we have to even pay to upgrade this little green female body part to 7* which is another ~2mil credits (yes you give us credits but that's like giving a singular pea to an orphan for supper).

So utterly disappointed in this **** right now I think I'm going to give this game a rest...

Levels don't matter, I only had one Jedi over level 75 (level 76 QGJ) and I was able to beat Yoda.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • DiscoSlice
    275 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    My roster is:

Lumi (70) 7*
    Level 7 of all abilities except Elegent Steps is level 6. she's gear 8, almost 9.

QGJ (70) 7*
    Level 7 Quick Strike, Harmonious. Level 6 Humbling, Agility. gear 8, almost 9.

JC (70) 6*
    Level 7 everything. Gear 8, almost 9.

Mace (62) 6*
    Level 5 Invinc, Level 5 Smite, level 6 Shatter (i assume vapaad worthless.) Gear 7, a ways to go to gear 8.

Koth (51) 6*
    Level 5 Breaching and Force Push (left the other at level 1) - Gear 7, half way to gear 8.

ty for any suggestions. I just killed both of Yoda's guards last fight, but then he got me.

I know Koth is the weak link here. Others Jedis I have are 2 * Ashoka and Jedi Guardian. I dont have any of the others...

right now I am focusing on the right guard first and DPSing him (healing when needed) - then the left guard, then yoda... right?
  • Options
    They have upped difficulty without question, Sysy you got luuuuuuky. I ROLLED all the other events with only two decent Jedi. Quite certain the goal was to encourage people to level up Jedi as for some reason I cannot discern, most Jedi are worthless. I understand a company focused on profit margins want to continue making money. This is an insult to those who went all in, ditched leveling and gearing up other toons just to be ready to fight Yoda and get those shards/ the ridiculous amount of money required to even take him to to last star tier...
  • Aedosis
    10 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
  • Hellcat
    319 posts Member
    Options
    BWSkynobi wrote: »
    Come on guys
    Don't use lumi to heal.

This is bad advice. Use Lumi to heal when necessary. Ensure QG has his dispel ready when using Lumis heal.

Again, if you use QGJ to dispel Yoda and gain offense up for your whole team, Yoda will steal offense up from a member of your team later without fail (because your offense up will last two turns). It doesn't matter if you time it right (say, you dispel right after he used masterstroke). HE WILL STEAL THE OFFENSE UP FROM YOU. And Yoda+offense up means game over for you.

You can try it if you don't believe me. Just pay attention to the sequence.
  • Xhowrude
    228 posts Member
    Options
    Thank you for that 1 in 1,000,000 chance that you exposed Yoda at the right time. 500 attempts later and 8 hours of constant Yoda battling, Mace said "I'm sick and tired of this green goblin in this jedi temple". After he said that, he exposed Yoda for the liar Yoda really is. Jedi don't attack, they only defend. After Mace exposed Yoda with 1/3 health left, he slashed yoda right across the chest and as yoda fell I knew, the darkness was finally over. I almost ripped my hair out and Uninstalled the game. The rng is real and I'm here to say that if you're persistent enough, you will get the success screen you're searching for. That or yoda will be nerfed tomorrow and then my 8hours was wasted. But whatever, I have a 7 star yoda after 6 months of playing this game.
  • Options
    I guess common sense isn't as common as I thought... Pure "sense" would stipulate that if Jedi are one of the weakest "races" in the game, you would have to make it at least possible, yet the Devs make it so that this little green female body part can 2 shot a lvl76 gear 9, 7* character with a 12k hit per attack... Then we're not even talking about his "Darth Vader" ability to hit again directly after killing 1 hero... The match is over in less than 5 of your turns.

I understand it suppose to be difficult but for the love of everything good in this world... Brains were not used when considering how this event will play out. I have tried to stay optimistic in EA/CG's competence but now I have completely lost it. Who is sitting on the board of directors? A monkey? Who in their right mind would approve such id10cy?

Now once again... 1 toon & 1 toon alone is key. Barris. Without barris, you might as well wait for the next "Yoda event", oh but wait... They'll find a new way for you to spend even more amounts on micro transactions & the cycle continues. My faith in this company has all but gone! You make us **** up our original plans, so that we HAVE TO farm Jedi for this event, when we get 5 7* Jedi...:

1) ~ 2 mil to level to 7*x 5 = 10 mil
    2) ~ 500k to gear 5 = 2,5 mil
    3) ~ 3,5 mil to lvl to 75 x 5 = 17,5 mil

A grand total of ~ 30 Million credits

... we get shafted because "they want to make it more difficult". Have we not spent enough time (months for some) & credits (in an already dried up economy) to get this character for free? Oh & lets not even mention that we have to even pay to upgrade this little green female body part to 7* which is another ~2mil credits (yes you give us credits but that's like giving a singular pea to an orphan for supper).

So utterly disappointed in this **** right now I think I'm going to give this game a rest...

I agree. I tried the strats listed here to no avail. Some people got very lucky with the RNG and are now giving advice that may be beneficial and may not be. My biggest problem is that the devs moved the **** goal posts yet again in this game and it is getting really frustrating. I gotta give it a rest for a while. Im really unhappy with the decisions being made lately. This game has such great potential but personally, my frustration is very high at the moment.
    Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Hellcat wrote: »
    Come on guys
    Don't use lumi to heal.

Again, if you use QGJ to dispel Yoda and gain offense up for your whole team, Yoda will steal offense up from a member of your team later without fail (because your offense up will last two turns). It doesn't matter if you time it right (say, you dispel right after he used masterstroke). HE WILL STEAL THE OFFENSE UP FROM YOU. And Yoda+offense up means game over for you.

That's why you don't dispel for the offense up unless you know you can finish off Yoda in those two turns
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Come on guys
    Don't use lumi to heal.

Pay attention to the sequence. he steals lumi's buff, I dispel, get offense up.offense up doesn't get stolen. He has already stolen lumi's buff. get that straight.

I hope you never get yoda since you have already put up a mental barrier that yoda is impossible. Did you check the strategy thread on yoda? Bet you didn't.

Tired of responding to people like you who are so stubborn and insist that we are providing bad advice,when we ourselves used that advice to beat yoda. I'm done with you.
  • Options
    i can get the guards down, but, Yoda then copies my offense up and heals and i'm kinda screwed. he literally goes like 3x in a row and kills 3 of my guys from full health....? :(
  • FranzYolo
    10 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    It's challenging...Fine. But let us pick who is with yoda so we don't have to retreat a million times. I think that's probably what ticks people off the most.

#firstworldproblems
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I just blasted yoda and ignored the guards but mine were a lot higher level.

With Oup I used it right after he uses his steal and it worked out
  • Options
    It's not that hard...just do the work. I beat Yoda with all Lvl 70, 7*, gear VIII, and max abilities, probably took me 20-30 tries. Bariss lead is a must, then Lumi, JC, QGJ, and Mace or Ahsoka. Now it makes sense that Yoda was Lvl 90 w/Omega gear tho lol
  • Options
    Why am I at a 25% rate for successfully gaining offense up after dispelling with QGJ
  • Options
    oh so ignore the guards? do u guys think i need to level them higher than 70? i can usually get Yoda by himself now but then i die.

also whats Oup?
  • Haplo
    183 posts Member
    Options
    Felt the same way a few months ago. When it was supposedly easier. Took me hours and hours over a few days and I only won due to a Mace expose also.

No matter what team you have and no matter how geared they are, you aren't going to win without rng on your side.

Welcome to the 7 star yoda club. Relax, have a drink, the rest of the group will be here shortly.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Why am I at a 25% rate for successfully gaining offense up after dispelling with QGJ

It's a bug when you dispel Yoda while he has Tenacity Up
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Mace's unique gives him a 45% chance of exposing an enemy. When Yoda/Jedi allies resist a negative effect, they gain 25% turn meter. If anything Mace is speeding them up. I'd try to replace him with basically anyone.
  • Haplo
    183 posts Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Welcome to the club.
  • Sungsta
    163 posts Member
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    Come on guys
    Don't use lumi to heal.

That's why you don't dispel for the offense up unless you know you can finish off Yoda in those two turns

Hmm, not so sure about this. I just beat yoda today, qgj(L) 78g9 basic omega, lumi, jc, eeth, asoka 70g8. Facing guardian and jc. Everytime yoda stole a buff (lumis ev up or heal), I was able to harmonius assault it away immediately, and he has not had the time to steal it back from me, unless he ko's someone (which gives him an extra turn). So I probably wouldn't dismiss it off the bat unless you've given it a try; just look at yodas turn meter when u do it (if it is empty when qgj's dispel is up, u will probably be ok; but if it looks full, it might not be). Just make sure u don't give yoda unnecessary turn meter gain, like eeth or lumis force blast which is usually resisted.
  • Options
    It can be done guys!!! I just beat 7* Yoda awhile ago. Mind you, I was grinding him 3 days before the event ends the last time. I was one of the unfortunate ones to get him 7* before the updates. That's 3 days trying to kill him so do the math on how many times i tried before. I had Lumi (L), QGJ, Mace, JC & Eeth then.

Today, I had about 20-30 attempts before finally finishing him. Twice I almost had him, he was in the red.

My squad:
    Barriss (L) at Level 79/Gear VIII/Gold Ability on Basic & Unique
    QGJ at Level 79/Gear VIII/Gold Ability Unique
    Lumi at Level 79/Gear VIII/Gold Ability Basic & Unique
    Mace at Level 75/Gear VIII/Level 7 on Basic/Special/Unique, Level 5 on Leader
    Jedi Consular at Level 75/Gear VIII/Level 7 on abilities

A lot of patience and a little luck you can beat him. I wasn't even concentrating on the game when I beat him. I was playing casually and relaxed (coz I'm expecting another tough grind. The two attempts I almost nailed him... I was dead focus and my heart was pumping coz I can smell a win... then Yoda happened... dodged most my attacks and his turns in successions).

He had Anakin & Old Ben with him. Killed Anakin first, turned my focus on Yoda just swarming him with basics and some special whenever I can. He killed JC before I got him to red so I'm 4 jedis left. Heal whenever necessary, (Barriss was the MVP here on timely heals from her basic). Then it happened, killed him and I jumped on my seat!!! Old Ben remains... with my 4 jedis at full health. Auto-ed the game after. :)

So there's my story. Believe that you can too. PATIENCE & LUCK.
  • Haplo
    183 posts Member
    Options
    You reset enough time you can pick who you want.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    I was retreating for Barriss and came across JKG and JC so I went ahead with it.. and I actually completed the event without needing the Barriss trick. So no, I don't think we should be able to choose Yoda's buddies because in the grand scheme of things they don't really matter.
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Haplo wrote: »
    You reset enough time you can pick who you want.

That's the point :|
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    I want boss Yoda join me against Rancor.
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm glad they made him hardet. It seems just as hard as it was before for people. I remember people complaining that it tool days to get the rng right, and hundreds of attempts. I beat t7 yoda after 20 or so tries, if they hadn't buffed him it would have been too easy. Barris qgj eath lumi jc, no omegas. No unobtainable gear.

Now I see how it must suck to be a dev... for all that cg and ea does wrong screaming about everything only defens ears
  • Options
    Here's what's taken me months to get to
    Lumi L lvl 77 gear 9
    Qgj lvl 77 gear gear 8 omega basic
    Mace lvl 77 gear 8
    JC lvl 75 gear 8
    Ashoka lvl 70 gear 8

I have been on yoda id say about 5-6 hours now, trying different strategies with different leaders. I can not even come close.
    Mace hasn't exposed once
    Lumi hasn't ability blocked once
    Lumi barely dodges.
    I feel like I worked so hard but missed the memo of needing bariss.

If anyone can give me a tip before I loose my mind... Has anyone done 7* yoda without bariss
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    You should never use Lumi's special on Yoda, it's not worth the risk.
    QGJ's omega basic unfortunately can be resisted which makes the fight harder, I only saw it actually work on Yoda one time.
    Make Zader Great Again!
This discussion has been closed.