Yoda challenge - level 90 omega Megathread

Replies

• Options
    Yoda is unbeatable
  • Weaver
    4 posts Member
    Options
    I have killed 1 of his minions several times but after this he goes on a 4-5 attack spree that kills at least 3 of my team. Teams that beat this must have all level 78 or higher with full gear and omega
  • Weaver
    4 posts Member
    Options
    Sysy wrote: »
    I think it is pretty easy. I just defeated 7 star Yoda, like, in five minutes... I got lucky to have Eeth Koth and Barriss with him. I instantly killed Koth and hit Barriss to red, when she healed Yoda for -40% hp. I just rushed Yoda and laughed at Barriss. My setup is Barriss lead, QGJ, Consular, Lumi, and Koth. I think Yoda became much slower and has much lower hp now...

No disrespect but how did you instantly kill Koth? I have fully maxed Jedi and I can't instantly kill him. This takes 2-3 rounds to take anyone down even with Crits. And how did you avoid yoda going on his attack spree of 4-5 attacks in a row ( all Crits) and survive? Again just asking for advice not criticizing.
  • Daaaaarp
    11 posts Member
    Options
    Just to add lvl 78 and gear VIII, still doing that killing spree on 3 chars, full HP. Never seen crit under 13,5k HP
  • Kygo_Ren
    28 posts Member
    Options
    1. Crits for 13-14K against my lvl 75s (3/4 my life without protection).

2. Attacks out of turn (already builds crazy TM).

3. Gets another attack after killing an opponent.

Pretty much it is game over if Yoda crits me. I can be down to just him at 75% and yet one crit spells doom. How to make the above somewhat more reasonable:

1. Don't let Yoda crit - it would be such an easy balance fix.

2. Is that really necessary? Imbalanced enough.

3. Is that really necessary? Imbalanced enough.

Thanks EA. Another way to get people spending. It is practically required to have a geared Jedi time lvl 76+ team with incredible luck to earn the 7* Yoda. Way to screw over the newer players!
  • ichotolot
    229 posts Member
    Options
    Khayman wrote: »
    Nothing, literally nothing on a mobile game should require 500 tries to beat it.

Nothing in any game should need it. Not even Dark Souls has nonsense like this.
  • Options
    Baldo wrote: »
    Try it @ level 70 before his nerfs were in play. Took 8 hours.

Truth

not truth took me 20 mins before
  • Options
    It does seem like the Yoda event was made harder since the last one. I have watched a few videos of players winning their 7* Yodas, and the teams they were using during the last event won't work now. People planned their 7* Jedi teams according to expectations based on their experiences with the previous Yoda event.

This gives players who started playing earlier an advantage. Why should it take some of us an extra month or two to get Yoda because EA decided to add more levels to the game and change the gear system?

I get that they want events to be challenging, but instead of changing an event that people were pretty satisfied with, why not add a new event with a level 80-90 difficulty? Put Palpatine in there or make a coin or training droid event.

My one consistent complaint about this game is that they always pull the rug out from under you. Just when you think you have it down, they change the rules. I had a very solid plan worked out to get Yoda this month. Yes, I even spent money on it. Kinda feel like I got screwed.
  • Options
    Just managed to beat tier VII. I have only five 7* jedi toons. It was a mess. Ended up using QGJ(L), Ben, Lumi, JC and Kit Fisto. All level 77, Ben and QGJ G9, Lumi and JC G8 and Kit Fisto G7. Abilities almost maxed (1 omega on QGJ basic), but Fisto has only lvl 4 abilities atm. It was a tough battle, you need to restart until you get Bariss and another low dps jedi next to Yoda. I then did auto battle on Yoda, trying to keep Bariss from healing. I guess on my 25th try, I got good RNG and beat him.
  • ProfmyGR
    53 posts Member
    Options
    Hellcat wrote: »
    Wolviebane wrote: »
    I cannot believe the devs would straight up lie to us knowing people can watch videos of past yoda events and see they were doing half the damage he does now.

It is sad that honesty isn't what they are about. From Reddit calling out people for complaining and saying nothing has changed. It is like I am seeing Jesse face on Baghdad bob trying to act like nothing is wrong, when the last three updates and this event have been a disgrace, but why I am I not surprised this is EA we are talking about voted worst company in America numerous times. That's a great goal to achieve looks like they could heading down the path yet again.

Exactly. For the trolls who keep saying ''it was just as difficult back then''. Obviously they are talking out of their butts because if they had finished the event before, they don't get to play this Yoda event.
    Here are the video of the 7* yoda challenge back then
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z979Zj1O574
    If you can't be bother with numbers, notice how Yoda's basic removes only 1/5 (1/4 at most) of QGJ's health bar? Now he ALWAYS puts you into yellow or even red with one hit. And if the AI decides to hit you with his sidekicks next, your toon is gone. Doesn't matter how much health you start with. And the developers dare to make it sound like it is the same as before.

@EA_Jesse
    Look at this video and compare it with the Yoda that you are making to fight with him.

Ataru: 3000-4000 dmg in this video and now hit with 6000-7000 dmg (You double his hit)
    Unstoppable Force: 6000-7000 dmg in the video and now hit with 13000-14000 (You double his hit)

And then you are telling us all those lies that is the same character in Tier 7 as then with your post https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/39229/grand-master-yoda-event-info-5-12-2016#latest
    So much Propaganda from you but in youtube there are so many videos that expose you.
  • Noodle
    32 posts Member
    Options
    Beat Yoda 6* in first try but have no idea how to beat 7*
  • supachai
    159 posts Member
    Options
    Level : 77
    Line up : Barriss - Lead (L75) , QCJ (L77), Lumi (L77), JC (L74), Eeth Koth (L71). All gear 8.
    Yoda's Line-up : Yoda, Barriss & Eeth Koth
    Strategy:
    1. Hit Barriss until health bar turn red.
    2. Then switch to hit Eeth.
    3. Wait for Barriss to recover health. Once she did this, Yoda's health got reduced.
    4. Killed Eeth.
    5. Hit Barriss again until her health turned red and recover her health.
    6. Yoda's health got reduced again. Both now had health bar at yellow.
    7. Killed off Yoda; then Barriss.
  • Options
    I was pretty close to joining the "Nerf 7-star Yoda" bandwagon, but realized maybe my team was a bit underpowered so no real cause for complaint, just gotta get stronger for the challenge, I guess.

Then I beat it. Somehow. Well, I know how but it's still awesome. Team was Ahsoka(L), Lumi, QG, JC, EK. Lvl 77 first three, Level 70 last two. Gear 8 all, no pre-crafted stuff.

Yoda's guards were JKG, arguably the weakest guard he can have, and Plo Koon, who is a little better but still awful. Basically wailed on Yoda and ignored the guards. Lumi got evasion up, Yoda stole it, QG humbling blow on Yoda, offense up everybody, continue to attack Yoda.

Got very lucky with Yoda whiffing on Lumi and QG with two attacks, thanks to Ahsoka's leader ability. Yoda kicks the bucket, EK dies but the remainder are more than enough to take down Plo Koon and JKG.

And I played this battle over a hundred times at least before getting this optimal alignment, doing it with a sub-par team. Sure, luck plays a factor but only because my team kind of ****. If I had given this a go a few days later, with slightly better levels, it may have been less of a slog. Or if I had waited until the next event with hopefully a better gear level on one or two of these guys.

Moral of the story? Don't give up. It's doable.
  • Options
    ProfmyGR wrote: »
    I cannot believe the devs would straight up lie to us knowing people can watch videos of past yoda events and see they were doing half the damage he does now.

It is sad that honesty isn't what they are about. From Reddit calling out people for complaining and saying nothing has changed. It is like I am seeing Jesse face on Baghdad bob trying to act like nothing is wrong, when the last three updates and this event have been a disgrace, but why I am I not surprised this is EA we are talking about voted worst company in America numerous times. That's a great goal to achieve looks like they could heading down the path yet again.

Exactly. For the trolls who keep saying ''it was just as difficult back then''. Obviously they are talking out of their butts because if they had finished the event before, they don't get to play this Yoda event.
    If you can't be bother with numbers, notice how Yoda's basic removes only 1/5 (1/4 at most) of QGJ's health bar? Now he ALWAYS puts you into yellow or even red with one hit. And if the AI decides to hit you with his sidekicks next, your toon is gone. Doesn't matter how much health you start with. And the developers dare to make it sound like it is the same as before.

@EA_Jesse
    Look at this video and compare it with the Yoda that you are making to fight with him.

Ataru: 3000-4000 dmg in this video and now hit with 6000-7000 dmg (You double his hit)
    Unstoppable Force: 6000-7000 dmg in the video and now hit with 13000-14000 (You double his hit)

And then you are telling us all those lies that is the same character in Tier 7 as then with your post https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/39229/grand-master-yoda-event-info-5-12-2016#latest
    So much Propaganda from you but in youtube there are so many videos that expose you.

For some reason, I imagine Jess in front of a burning building telling everybody "On fire? Nah! It's always been that way."
  • Chiquard
    108 posts Member
    Options
    First post here.

After around 200 tries (tried every strategy possible), decided to put the battle on auto... It worked. Yoda's sidekick were Ayla and Lumi, my boys (Barris lead, Lumi, QGJ, JC, EK) killed him. Wasn't even watching... When I saw this, went back to manual to kill the sidekicks. What a relief...

Moral of the story : AI is better than you. Try auto battle if you don't want to loose your sanity, it can work. But what a pain in the butt...
    Team MèreDooku [Fr]
    Recruiting now ! Send me an ally request : 557 787 579
  • Ace5
    134 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

@EA_Jesse

Well duh, everyone that's frustrated and angry about the event changes realizes this and the devs make a smug post that "nothing's changed". just out right lies.

Remember updates making credit events better - lies

Remember when the new update would balance speed and dps - lies

Shall I go on?

Let's just expect them to smuggly lie to our faces while we stop spending and eventually stop playing out of frustration
  • Pallax
    16 posts Member
    Options
    I won finally and barely, but it was the most bitter event, that still makes my stomach churn.
  • Chiquard
    108 posts Member
    Options
    I won it with auto battle, after billions tries. I feel either dumb, or very lucky.
    Team MèreDooku [Fr]
    Recruiting now ! Send me an ally request : 557 787 579
  • Thor_Odinson1
    1995 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    So I beat it. Finally. Way too much luck involved. Not enough strategy.

I used (like many people)
    Barris (L), level 72
    Luminara, level 74
    QGJ, level 74
    EK, level 70
    JC, level 72
    (All gear 8)

I almost beat it once before with JKG and JC as the helpers, but I didn't have enough toons and healing left after taking out yoda. Super frustrating.

I finally beat it with EK and Barris as the helpers. Same basic strategy everyone talks about, using barris' heal to pull health from yoda.

Took way too many tries, but it can be done with the blessing of RNGesus.
  • Options
    PugVader wrote: »
    Having a whale of a time at tier 6. Anyone else having to battle the Temple Guards with Yoda?

That's cute.

The Temple Guards hit like wet noodles. Just wait until tier 7 when Yoda gets real allies.
  • Options
    Two things are really bothering me:
    - QGJ offense up do not work reliably upon dispels on Yoda
    - when yoda gets below 50% health he turns on crack and starts to attack like a least 3 times in a row blasting in oblivion my already damaged toons...

I read 200 attempts to get him ? OK so that's only pure luck not strategy and careful thinking on your setup.
    I will certainly not go that way...

My team is full gear VIII lvl 77 and I tried already most of leader setup (bariss, QGJ, Mace or EK, Lumi, and JC)

So nothing has changed ? The previous event had the level cap at 70... 20 lvl diff x3 toons?

But OK let's say my setup is crap, I need to be 80 and gear X let's see in the future then...
    Probably Yoda will be 100 by then and nothing will have changed neither...
  • Options
    VeeDee wrote: »
    I could see the point in making Yoda hard to obtain if they made Yoda character better!!!!! But he's still a crappy character and EA is doing it purely for profit..... To make more people to spend money on the game is wrong and that's where I have the problem

I'm F2P and I just beat the yoda challenge on tier 7 (after much frustration). You don't need to pay to win. You just need to pay if you want it easy.
  • Turukano
    170 posts Member
    Options
    I'm sure it is possible, I expect at some point I will get lucky. I've managed to take down 7* yoda twice( in about 40 goes) only for my last characters to not cope against who ever was left. My issue is that EA_Jesse is clearly suffering from a severe case of pants on fire, looking at what they posted under updates.

Turukano
  • Options
    all that effort to get x5 jedis to 7* and yoda is lvl90 with gold gear, i mean really, unbelievable
    without any warning you upgrade the yoda difficulty, in my opinion he should be lvl80 with max purple gear, it was hard enough, and took long enough to get x5 jedis and now you go and do this.
  • Xhowrude
    228 posts Member
    Options
    Panna wrote: »
    This post is legendary hahaha was my feeling's exactly. Didn't think I would beat it today. +1

I felt legendary after he died lol
  • Options
    Pallax wrote: »
    I won finally and barely, but it was the most bitter event, that still makes my stomach churn.

Take revenge on the green devil. Go to the rancor pit and send yoda in on his own. :D
  • Options
    all that effort to get x5 jedis to 7* and yoda is lvl90 with gold gear, i mean really, unbelievable
    without any warning you upgrade the yoda difficulty, in my opinion he should be lvl80 with max purple gear, it was hard enough, and took long enough to get x5 jedis and now you go and do this.

Read the dev post, yoda always was level 90 with golden gear. In the previous version of the game you couldn't see the level and gear of the opponents.
  • Zathrack
    139 posts Member
    Options

@EA_Jesse

Hmmmmm, really interesting. But it seems you're right i just watch last Yoda event before this, Yoda really gets buffed by double his power.
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Options
    Of all the other updates and game balancing it was possible to make changes to the way the game was played to adapt to those changes. The Yoda event is basically just a lottery with what seems to me a 1 in 10,000 chance to beat it. Some people are getting lucky and getting Yoda in the first few to a hundred or so tries.

I don't have Old Ben or Ahsoka; I have QGJ, Lumi, Barriss, JC and Eeth. If I focus on ads I loose, conventrate on Yoda I loose. I rarely can even get him into yellow bar health. There is no strategy, it's just pure RNG and getting lucky. Eeth is my weakest at level 70 gear 8, QGJ my strongest at level 77 gear 9 but it seems all that really matters is getting very lucky RNG. More than being disappointed in the game I am disappointed in how much time and money I have wasted on it.
  • Zathrack
    139 posts Member
    Options
    So I beat it. Finally. Way too much luck involved. Not enough strategy.

I used (like many people)
    Barris (L), level 72
    Luminara, level 74
    QGJ, level 74
    EK, level 70
    JC, level 72
    (All gear 8)

I almost beat it once before with JKG and JC as the helpers, but I didn't have enough toons and healing left after taking out yoda. Super frustrating.

I finally beat it with EK and Barris as the helpers. Same basic strategy everyone talks about, using barris' heal to pull health from yoda.

Took way too many tries, but it can be done with the blessing of RNGesus.

So we are letting to the luck (and not strategy) if we can get Yoda to 7*. Sounds ridiculous, would be better to roll dices for getting Yoda. I have same squad as you but 75+ all toons, and some Omegas Gear VIII (because i'm F2P and Gear XI+ is just for P2p players).
This discussion has been closed.