Yoda challenge - level 90 omega Megathread

Replies

• Kalcor
    92 posts Member
    Options
    Pretty sure though most people have to use qui gon or bariss in their lineup. Otherwise I don't see it pissible
  • BoboFoot
    212 posts Member
    Options
    I think the problem here is moving the goalposts, if you want something more challenging for players then create a new challenge, don't adjust something which people were expecting. It's snidy backhanded and not really cricket

The level of the game changed and people expected the level of the challenge to remain the same? Honestly, I think that's pretty silly of people.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    I think the problem here is moving the goalposts, if you want something more challenging for players then create a new challenge, don't adjust something which people were expecting. It's snidy backhanded and not really cricket

It has been stated by EA_Jesse that they didn't move the goal posts. Nothing changed really other than slowing down Yoda and protection. It was this hard at 70 (probably harder).
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • MarmotaMonax
    251 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    BoboFoot wrote: »
    Fragoola wrote: »
    The damage HAS been doubled - and what's wrong with free dinner?

Proof?

Many people who cleared originally are saying the numbers aren't a lot more than they were then. Don't make claims if you can't back it up.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Z979Zj1O574

Just watch this video... JC gets hit by Yoda for below 4k. Now he gets hit bei around 8-9k.

This video was already posted in the other thread, but some people seem to be too ignorant.
  • Options

The level of the game changed and people expected the level of the challenge to remain the same? Honestly, I think that's pretty silly of people.

Really? Because the vast majority of games I've played go the route of creating new, harder challenges rather than making the existing ones tougher.
  • Options
    Real sense of achievment after coming this morning to this thread for ranting as everyone else.

Maybe 20 attempts, Bariss lead + QGJ, LUmi, JC and Mace. Master Yoda was with QGJ and Plo.

I focused on QGJ, took him out quick, then Plo. At that stage I still had my team full health thanks to timed heal and RNG.

But the rest was not easy, my toons missed a lot and I quickly lost JC but finally went fine.
    I avoided to use special attacks and use Lumi heal only after Yoda used its special ability.

I even went for a dispel of QGJ, got offense up which was not stolen by yoda and voila !

My team is all 77, gear VIII and I am a mostly F2P player (spend 40 euros in the game)
  • Options
    Yeah my jedis are all geared up and maxed out on everything level 78s ive tried every combo on leader and cant beat yoda on level 7...hes impossible his turn meter is ridic why did they make it so hard? EA just needs to do less and stop changing things...i dont mind a challenge but an impossibility isnt fun they made it way to hard... i wanted yoda for raids and now im gunna have to wait another month and hope level 80 jedis can take him...such a waste of time leveling all these jedi up
  • SinnerG
    16 posts Member
    Options
    You'd think after failing to have a fun event on "May the 4th be with you" day they'd at least really step their game up on the next event. Games, and especially events in the game are supposed to be fun. The cost for the Yoda event is wasting time leveling up multiple heroes to 5-6-7 stars to unlock the character. Instead they've made the event obnoxious to the point where people are quitting the game because they've invested time and money into something that now only **** them off. I want more people to play and compete in my shard/guild for progression. When you do things that make people quit you're not doing your job. Please do things to make me spending money for your game enjoyable rather than make me question my previous purchases.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Real sense of achievment after coming this morning to this thread for ranting as everyone else.

Maybe 20 attempts, Bariss lead + QGJ, LUmi, JC and Mace. Master Yoda was with QGJ and Plo.

I focused on QGJ, took him out quick, then Plo. At that stage I still had my team full health thanks to timed heal and RNG.

But the rest was not easy, my toons missed a lot and I quickly lost JC but finally went fine.
    I avoided to use special attacks and use Lumi heal only after Yoda used its special ability.

I even went for a dispel of QGJ, got offense up which was not stolen by yoda and voila !

My team is all 77, gear VIII and I am a mostly F2P player (spend 40 euros in the game)

20 attempts total? Maybe they did make it easier than before.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    Options
    To beat Yoda, it is pretty character dependent.

I use Ahsoka, Lumi, JC, Eeth, and JKG all 7* and lvl +70 gear 8 and I still cannot beat Tier VI of the event... All my units should be able to dent Yoda but since Eeth and JKG are completely useless; I struggle. Sadly I have to wait until next time he comes back replacing JKG and Eeth with Bariss and QGJ.
  • Womp_Womp
    282 posts Member
    Options
    Seriously? They gave us double stuff everyday and on the 4th everything was double. Why is it everyone on here complains to no end. The sense of entitlement you have is horrendous.
  • BoboFoot
    212 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Proof?

Many people who cleared originally are saying the numbers aren't a lot more than they were then. Don't make claims if you can't back it up.

Just watch this video... JC gets hit by Yoda for below 4k. Now he gets hit bei around 8-9k.

This video was already posted in the other thread, but some people seem to be too ignorant.

He also crit Luminara for 10.5k....

Nice way to be selective to try and make your point.

10.5k without having offense up. He has hit for about 15k without offense up now (highest I've heard) so how are we extrapolating that that is doubling his damage?
  • ObranVox
    134 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I've gotten about halfway there using this method but when its time to focus on yoda, he kills me. Doing basic attacks isnt dealing enough danage to dent him. Using specials only feeds his meter to destroy me. Using humbling doesnt dispel tenacity because he always has tenacity and foresight.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah my jedis are all geared up and maxed out on everything level 78s ive tried every combo on leader and cant beat yoda on level 7...hes impossible his turn meter is ridic why did they make it so hard? EA just needs to do less and stop changing things...i dont mind a challenge but an impossibility isnt fun they made it way to hard... i wanted yoda for raids and now im gunna have to wait another month and hope level 80 jedis can take him...such a waste of time leveling all these jedi up

Who do you have available?
  • darkside
    287 posts Member
    Options
    You are pathetic
  • Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »

20 attempts total? Maybe they did make it easier than before.

20 real fights but maybe as much of retreat
  • Options
    Heads up chief, people were raging about the Yoda event since it was first introduced. People will always find something to complain about.
  • Options
    Also, I'll throw out that the Yoda event is not the next event after the "May the 4th" event. It existed ingame before that event was run. Just my .02...
  • Options
    Jayprice15 wrote: »
    I find it hard to believe that yoda was always at level 90 especially when people beat and at lvl 70 before and they've "only made it easier" from before
    In psychology and cognitive science, confirmation bias (or confirmatory bias) is a tendency to search for or interpret information in a way that confirms one's preconceptions, leading to statistical errors.
  • BoboFoot
    212 posts Member
    Options
    HerrDrFunk wrote: »

Really? Because the vast majority of games I've played go the route of creating new, harder challenges rather than making the existing ones tougher.

I've seen plenty of games make new challenges with new patches as well as recycle old content and scale it up.

They added new challenges (the rancor) and this is either as hard or somewhat harder than before. Either way, shouldn't expect it to be easy when you aren't maxed level/geared.
  • Options

Proof?

10.5k without having offense up. He has hit for about 15k without offense up now (highest I've heard) so how are we extrapolating that that is doubling his damage?

Lol. As you can see in this lvl 70 Video. Yoda crits for 5-6k all the time. The 10.5k crit comes from his special attack. Now in the new version his auto attacks deal double the amount of damage, his normal crits deal double the amount of damage (12-15k without offense up). His special attack damage is probably not double but his lvl 80 AoE does also sick damage. 2 of his normal non crit auto attacks kill any of my max leveld/equipped characters. This was defenietly not happening before.

Stop denying it..
  • Glarus
    68 posts Member
    Options
    darkside wrote: »
    You are pathetic

+1000000

I don't know anybody else that was unhappy with the double rewards for May the 4th event. I don't usually respond to id10t's but you are an exception....an exceptional id10t.
  • Options
    Managed to down 7* Yoda with the most bargain basement team possible. Had Ahsoka (L), Lumi, Eeth, JC and Mace, all level 77 G8 with maxed abilities (no omega). On one hand, yes this event brought out the worst in me (I couldn't have been in a more angry and frustrated mood yesterday) and I wish it wasn't nearly as difficult, but it is possible with the most ragtag bunch of jedi a F2P can get.

Took out JC first (which took several turns because no one in this group hits very hard), then went after Yoda. Always pay close attention to his turn meter. If it was close to full, I went ahead and used Eeth and Lumi's specials because they seemed to draw out Battle Meditation, which is a free turn. Sure, he would resist the debuff, but he was going to have a turn anyways and it was crucial because those specials hit harder. Also made sure to save Mace's special to dispel any stolen heals, which was crucial when I had to heal with Masterstroke cooled down.

Still relied heavily on dodges (and I mean a lot of very lucky dodges), but was able to take Yoda out with Ahsoka and Lumi left at half life. I healed them both up and took out JKG. Not only did I try everyone at lead at some point over the last 19 hours, I also got so fed up with the RNG that I switched up the team slots just before the last battle. Coincidental? Probably, but it worked and it was a total dodge-fest the last fight. Interestingly enough, the closest I came to winning was the very first fight and the very last. A lot of fights and restarts in between (too many to count).

Keep at it. If you have Barriss and/or QGJ, you are already way ahead of me. You can beat it.
  • BoboFoot
    212 posts Member
    Options
    If all of his attacks were doing the damage you are stating, he'd be impossible to kill.

Clearly this isn't the case.

• Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »

Who do you have available?

I have lumi, barris, mace, jedi counsler, and jedi guardian...guardian kinda sucks i prb need more attack oriented jedis to beat yoda great more leveling up to do pretty frustrating
  • Hepatox
    53 posts Member
    Options
    EA has officially announced the following:
    He’s always been at Level 90.
    His speed was reduced in an earlier update
    He is now affected by Protection
    His abilities were always at the Omega material level for tier VII

So, he's basically the same. Guess what, the game isn't.

Protection changed the game balance drastically and that's exactly what they wanted. Yoda may be the same but characters do not interact the same. For better or worse, the game is different.

Examples: Day1 of challenges after protection. They were crazy more difficult than before protection. EA had to patch them to rebalance them.

My arena team went from top 20 to 50 on freebie attempts only. Used to win 4 or 5 out of 5 of my matches. I lost 8/10 of my matches in the first two days and had to roll over to a new team that used zero characters from my old team. I'm ftp, rolling a whole second 7* team wasn't easy and it's only holding me in the 50 to 100 rank now due to gear creep and zero unobtanium drops from my raids.

The game balance changed, Yoda needs a change too. If I get QGJ to 7* I reckon I can beat it as is, but ffs, protection was meant to encourage character diversity and strategy, not farm QGJ because he's the most multi purpose toon in the game with super quick cooldowns.

I'm running a level 72+ skill 7, gear 8 team of Jedi. I've gotten close to the rng peak of killing Yoda only to have him take 3 turns in a row mince meating most of my party in instant kill critical hits. No I'm not Max level, no I'm nor gear 9,but if Yoda is essentially the same as pre-cap increase he should be bearable with this setup. Yes, I can probably win it if I try another 100 times or combine QGJ with a lucky roll next month, but where is the skill or diversity?

I also agree Yoda should be attackable for no reward after you've completed the event at each level. He's fun when he's not frustrating.

• Fragoola
    15 posts Member
    Options

Proof?

First off - you clearly already have Yoda and are an expert strategist - so why do you even care about this thread?

Secondly - I'll take a 9K crit all day - it's the ones that are more than double that that are the issue that you never had to deal with.

Thirdly - I only responded to this thread to point out that it's not that Yoda has protection but rather his ridiculous damage that is the issue this time around. I'd actually rather have his adjustment be to keep damage the same and give him protection. I don't think the developers attempt to account for protection was executed well.

• Tuln
    48 posts Member
    Options
    Still best way to beat Yoda I've seen:

Retreat until he has Barriss and another weak Jedi. Kill the weak Jedi. Get Barriss to <5% health. Wait until she equalizes. Watch Yoda lose half his health. Repeat. Yoda is now at 25% health. Kill Barriss. Kill Yoda. Collect 7* Yoda.

Many in my guild were struggling with the event until I told them this. Now they've all finished. Think outside of the box and profit.
  • Options
    If all of his attacks were doing the damage you are stating, he'd be impossible to kill.

Clearly this isn't the case.

Trust me i am trying him since over 10hours and this is the damage he does... the only chance you have is when he never crits, never attacks the same person twice and in the best case you dodge 5 attacks of him in a row.
  • Options
    This is my team and having trouble getting it.

7* Lumi (L) Level 78 Purple Gear
    6* QGJ Level 78 Purple Gear
    6* Jedi C Level 77 Purple Gear
    7* Kit Fisto Lvl 70 Blue Gear
    6* Ahsoka Lvl 54 Purple Gear

Only 6 shards away from 6* my Barriss who is lvl 73 purple gear will make the difference? Other Jedi I have
    5* Mace W Level 57 but at 0-85 shards
    5* Jedi Guardian Level 56 but at 42-85
    6* Ayala Level 42, Blue Gear ? Level V This is my other option, if I spend 1 million plus, gets here to level 62 waiting to see if I get Barriss up to 6 star before I do this.

Any suggestions?
This discussion has been closed.