Empire event ** Megathread**

Replies

• Options
    F2P here, just crushed the empire twice in a row. Reading and planning and having Lando leveled (he's both a rebel and scoundrel, so I invested in case either event hit). Rewards and experience both satisfying, and not just for the rich, just those who plan ahead.
  • Mp44
    157 posts Member
    Options
    I don't see why it's so great. You get minor credits (considering what you need to invest), some shards for heroes that are easily farmed, and purple gear that most of us have many many extras off already.

I fail to see why I'd invest my money into rebels if all I wanted was empire heroes. Just farm the empire people instead...

I won't complain too much because at least rebels are decent heroes and lots of us already had some. Otherwise, it's just reskinned content designed to get us to spend money on their packs. Cheap "new" content. Sounds just like ea
  • Options
    I'll put more credits and gear into characters I never use then I'll get from the rewards of this event.
  • godgiven45
    1093 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah free to play and my rebels put him down easily
  • Maskarii
    851 posts Member
    Options
    First there was the Yoda Event - farm 5 7* Jedis and you get 7* Yoda.

- I don't really like Jedis ouut..

Now another Event

Rebells and or Clones

( if you have Akbar Lead Luke 5 s Han St Level 80 7* and another two level 60/70 Toons this Event will be easy)

but at all...I am not that Fan of Rebells and Clones I am more into Redlightsaberswinging Darkside Monsters... maybe one Day...maybe in 10 years... We will get a Event that we can play and don't must be so hard fxxxx up...

next time you better mix Sith and Nightsisters for a new Event... lightside 2 darkside 0 thanks...
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    8Ag1Ky8.jpg

LOVE THIS EVENT!!!
  • Options
    #PraiseLando
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    Lawl
    "During this 7 day event you can earn millions of credits..."
    5 days 20hours left...
    1 million credits first time + 45K each time after. 1 million + 90K (first day) + 135K x 5 = 1.765 MILLIONS!!!

"During this 6 day event you can earn 1 and a bit million credits."
    FIXED
  • Options
    Over a million credits for finishing and 3-7 shards of every Empire toon (except Vader.) Wasn't expecting gear at all, but it's farmable stuff. A few purples, but I've never had a real shortage of those. And I can do this 3 times a day?!?!? Crazy, just crazy.

Is it 3 attempts or 3 wins? If you lose does that count?
  • Options
    I have 7 * Lando and AA with 4 star Leia and 6* Han Trooper. Can't touch that event
  • BobAFeet
    147 posts Member
    Options
    Event is really awesome.... Challenging, but not impossible. Well done, developers...
  • Options
    Sigh. I don't have enough toons to enter the event and I would've bought a pack or two just to get ready. But this "26 random shards and no guarantee characters" thing just doesn't sit well with me.

I don't want to make an investment without a price tag and not knowing what you're getting. What about the old sales model like the Jedi pack for the Yoda event? You pay $50, and get Anakin and couple others. Was that not profitable enough for you EA? Must you bait people into buying the same pack over and over again until they get their favorite character?

Maybe EA has sales data to suggest they can make more money this way. But from a consumer's perspective, I find it disempowering. And I think I'll pass if this is the way EA insist on selling packs in the future.
  • Options
    I'm
    F2P here, just crushed the empire twice in a row. Reading and planning and having Lando leveled (he's both a rebel and scoundrel, so I invested in case either event hit). Rewards and experience both satisfying, and not just for the rich, just those who plan ahead.

I have plenty of well planned and well geared 7* characters but Rebels and clones I just started... Your comment is... Well... False. Oh well, for me its next time
    | ☮ Scoundrel ☮ | 635-571-985 "Never tell me the odds." BHG Wakanda Forever
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    Did anyone pay 200 crystals to refresh? Wonder what exactly you get for 200 cyrstals? Does it start completely over to give you "first time" rewards again or is just one more play for another 45k credits and a couple shards?
  • Melvil
    242 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I don't mean to be rude but why do people react like total **** and jerks?

"You knew the requirements beforehand - you had time to prepare" - Yeah sure pal, the requirements were released 3 days before the event appeared. This is such an stupid statement that it's borderline offensive and mocking. Nobody is arguing that the event is only for P2P - it is obvious to everybody that the event can be done without spending any money and that with a plethora of characters that are easily accessible. The problem is that if you didn't already have them before the event started you have no chance. Maybe if the announcement was 2-3 months ago everybody would have had time to prepare.

I've been playing this game pretty much since day 1 it came out in the App Store and I'm F2P. I have 15 7* heroes and many more varying from gear levels 10 to 1....and I can barely get past the first stage of the event and I'm finished at the second. Yeah the Yoda event was also hard for me and I wasn't prepared but I focused my resources to build a team for there and managed to unlock him(on what appears to be the last appearance of his challenge) and now I now have to start building a team for the better part of the next 2 months so that maybe I can get some rewards in the last appearance of this event that won't even unlock me a new hero? Yeah I don't think so...

So in general I'm really disappointed with this event and probably won't be bothered with it at all while it's here which just doesn't seem right.

Edit: Oh and By the way looking at the prizes posted here on the forum I am even happier with my decision :smiley:
  • Cappo87
    10 posts Member
    Options
    its wins, just like the daily challenges
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options

That's some incredible planning ahead to focus on so-so guys over proven starters.

They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    I'm in! Well... In 2 months when my rebel and clone characters are ready. Hah
    | ☮ Scoundrel ☮ | 635-571-985 "Never tell me the odds." BHG Wakanda Forever
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    renato4571 wrote: »
    How long with the event last for

6 Days. But I think this one will be like the Yoda one and come back once a month or so.

They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    Yeah listen dont bother with this event if u dont have the players to participate in it dont waste ur time...it will cost u more money and gear and time then ull even get out...EA is just trying to get money out of you why these keep making these events with obscure characters in them u notice theres no count dooku or captain phasma events haha...classic money grab all mobile games do the same thing
  • Options
    No need to fuss IF you can't complete it, the rewards are garbage lol
  • Jazz66
    212 posts Member
    Options

Unless you're a whale and have a large roster crossing all character synergies, you can't "plan" to level and promote a select group of characters when they only give you a week's notice. You were just fortunate that you chose to develop those characters. Good for you, genuinely, I hope you enjoy it, but there are plenty of long-playing players (myself included) who don't get to access and fully play this new content, let alone get the rewards.
    Sith Yoda: mandryk.artstation.com
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Love it as well. Only 1mil on 1st attempt but decent payouts on the 2nd and 3rd attempt.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    gobears21 wrote: »
    Did anyone pay 200 crystals to refresh? Wonder what exactly you get for 200 cyrstals? Does it start completely over to give you "first time" rewards again or is just one more play for another 45k credits and a couple shards?

First time rewards never refresh from day to day so I doubt they'll give you a million more for 200 crystals.

Overall I'm kinda disappointed in this even since they said we could earn millions of credits and that it would be difficult but my first time through I didn't even get attacked until I got to the Emperor level and then it just turned into another auto challenge on my next two attempts.
  • Options
    We all knew the prerequisites.
    This is your fault tbh

We were told the requirements about a week ago. No where near enough time to get the toons . Not even close.
    I got 3/5 of the required toons. Sitting out my first event ever. I personally think this stinks
  • Options
    Can not even pass stage 2...
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options

First time rewards never refresh from day to day so I doubt they'll give you a million more for 200 crystals.

Overall I'm kinda disappointed in this even since they said we could earn millions of credits and that it would be difficult but my first time through I didn't even get attacked until I got to the Emperor level and then it just turned into another auto challenge on my next two attempts.

It also says "tier 1 normal" ... maybe tomorrow is tier 2 normal and then eventually some hard? Hopefully a million credits each day...

I think this event is amazing! Way more fun than GW and pays over double plus all the shards!
  • Jazz66
    212 posts Member
    Options

Interesting. Sounds like they are struggling to balance play between a cake-walk and impossible.
    Sith Yoda: mandryk.artstation.com
  • Options
    Smite wrote: »
    Please make more tiers available...

+100000
  • Maskarii
    851 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Do you like the new Empire Event?

Please if you wanted to explain your Poll shot's in 3..2..1..fire