A New and Improved Direction for TeamSkunk!

Prev13456
Hey Everyone!
LordSkunk here from LordSkunk.com and Guild Leader for TeamSkunk.com. TeamSkunk currently has 16 Guilds in our community. For our main guild – TeamSkunk - at the end of May we wanted to figure out exactly how we could maximize our raids (based on 600 guild bank coins x 50 members) so we could start off great in June and mathematically be in the top spots for guild raid leaderboards for the month. We meticulously planned out all raids, lining them up so we could show them on our SWGOH Live Show as well as posting them publicly on our guild calendar on our guild site. This was a goal we wanted to accomplish as we are not a super “Whaley” guild and we knew to beat T7 you really didn’t have to be. We figured that certain guilds would figure this out as well, but we wanted to put ourselves in the best position possible to be up towards the top.

We had to sacrifice some raids for May so we could have enough coins for June saved and we started off June great, however we did notice a few notable guilds must have been focused on finishing May strong as they were not appearing on the June boards as often and as high as we were. Things were going good in June until some guilds, even some of the guilds who were mathematically behind, started to pull ahead of us. Interesting I thought.

Then a few days ago I awoke to a flood of private messages, direct messages, emails, etc. about guilds who had used alts to inflate their guild bank coins. After reading through all the screen shots of posts and comments from these guilds saying how important it was to be #1, that this was a dev approved method, that it didn’t take and extra money to accomplish, etc. – I was a little perturbed at first.

However, after a couple days thinking about it, as well as no dev response or action taken I came up with a great idea! Since I oversee 16+ guilds, why not do this ourselves to get extra coins for the main TeamSkunk Guild? It’s dev approved, we have the members and it costs us NO MONEY TO DO IT! Wow no brainer. So now we have 16+ guilds x 50 people = 800+ alts that we can create with free emulators with different time zones to REALLY boost up our Guild Bank coins. We already use Discord so we have excellent text and voice chat communication. And if we want to, I guess we could have all those members make 2 alt accounts making it 1600+. Maybe even 3 so we get 2400 alts! While other guilds are making little alt factories, we can make ALT CONGLOMERATES!

Thank you to these other guilds for paving the way for us. We are not as experienced and knowledgeable at this game and how the mechanics work as you all seem to be, so THANK YOU for laying out the template and showing us this approved method was fantastic of you. Until this, we just wanted to try to be high on the leaderboards for a fun guild accomplishment, but from the posts we read from those guilds we now understand how SUPER IMPORTANT IT IS TO BE #1 and we no longer want to be gaming “scrubs”!!! We are already well underway and we can’t wait to see how many guild bank coins we can accumulate!!! We will keep the whole SWGOH community posted on our guild bank coin endeavors! We are doing this for YOU, SWGOH Community!

Replies

• pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Oh snap.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    Options
    + 100 Million
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    LordSkunk wrote: »
    Hey Everyone!
    LordSkunk here from LordSkunk.com and Guild Leader for TeamSkunk.com. TeamSkunk currently has 16 Guilds in our community. For our main guild – TeamSkunk - at the end of May we wanted to figure out exactly how we could maximize our raids (based on 600 guild bank coins x 50 members) so we could start off great in June and mathematically be in the top spots for guild raid leaderboards for the month. We meticulously planned out all raids, lining them up so we could show them on our SWGOH Live Show as well as posting them publicly on our guild calendar on our guild site. This was a goal we wanted to accomplish as we are not a super “Whaley” guild and we knew to beat T7 you really didn’t have to be. We figured that certain guilds would figure this out as well, but we wanted to put ourselves in the best position possible to be up towards the top.

We had to sacrifice some raids for May so we could have enough coins for June saved and we started off June great, however we did notice a few notable guilds must have been focused on finishing May strong as they were not appearing on the June boards as often and as high as we were. Things were going good in June until some guilds, even some of the guilds who were mathematically behind, started to pull ahead of us. Interesting I thought.

Then a few days ago I awoke to a flood of private messages, direct messages, emails, etc. about guilds who had used alts to inflate their guild bank coins. After reading through all the screen shots of posts and comments from these guilds saying how important it was to be #1, that this was a dev approved method, that it didn’t take and extra money to accomplish, etc. – I was a little perturbed at first.

However, after a couple days thinking about it, as well as no dev response or action taken I came up with a great idea! Since I oversee 16+ guilds, why not do this ourselves to get extra coins for the main TeamSkunk Guild? It’s dev approved, we have the members and it costs us NO MONEY TO DO IT! Wow no brainer. So now we have 16+ guilds x 50 people = 800+ alts that we can create with free emulators with different time zones to REALLY boost up our Guild Bank coins. We already use Discord so we have excellent text and voice chat communication. And if we want to, I guess we could have all those members make 2 alt accounts making it 1600+. Maybe even 3 so we get 2400 alts! While other guilds are making little alt factories, we can make ALT CONGLOMERATES!

Thank you to these other guilds for paving the way for us. We are not as experienced and knowledgeable at this game and how the mechanics work as you all seem to be, so THANK YOU for laying out the template and showing us this approved method was fantastic of you. Until this, we just wanted to try to be high on the leaderboards for a fun guild accomplishment, but from the posts we read from those guilds we now understand how SUPER IMPORTANT IT IS TO BE #1 and we no longer want to be gaming “scrubs”!!! We are already well underway and we can’t wait to see how many guild bank coins we can accumulate!!! We will keep the whole SWGOH community posted on our guild bank coin endeavors! We are doing this for YOU, SWGOH Community!

Well you've got our support!
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    +1
  • Kalo
    123 posts Member
    Options
    Looks like no problem from the devs for a guild to put up an extra 200k+ guild coins per day. Or heck 600k. Go for it! I'm curious to see if you could get 10 or 12 heroic runs in 24 hrs. That would be awesome.
  • Azgadil
    226 posts Member
    Options
    Legit?
  • Options
    Nice post! Also, I'd like to thank you and your network for the hours and hours of work you all put in, and share with us as we learn more and more about this game along side you guys. I've never seen a guild so willing to share what they've learnt. I do enjoy being subscribed to your YouTube channel.
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Options
    Its
    Kalo wrote: »
    Looks like no problem from the devs for a guild to put up an extra 200k+ guild coins per day. Or heck 600k. Go for it! I'm curious to see if you could get 10 or 12 heroic runs in 24 hrs. That would be awesome.

For the life of my I can't understand why the devs allow it
  • Options
    Think about the gear we will get and the $$$$$$ we will save on Furnaces! So saving 2 x 800 members at say $10 cost (1615 crystal cost in shop), TeamSkunk guilds save $16,000 a week!
    That's $832,000 a year!!!!!!!
    Nice savings!
    Also with the extra gear we will get we will dominate arena!!!
  • Options
    Hey Everyone!

Plus Infinity!

Due to the absolutely ridiculous level of exploitation that this game/ developers allow, SyNérgy would like to wish you the best of luck on this marvelous, gameplay strategy! Goodluck Team Skunk. I need to get back to guild hopping to complete as many heroic raids as gameplay allows me to in one day.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    Think about the gear we will get and the $$$$$$ we will save on Furnaces! So saving 2 x 800 members at say $10 cost (1615 crystal cost in shop), TeamSkunk guilds save $16,000 a week!
    Nice savings!

Exactly! #workingasintended
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • zaza
    48 posts Member
    Options
    kill them all
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Options
    You're the man, Skunk! Good for you!
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Nice savings!

Maybe that will actually get someone's attention.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Ryan16
    41 posts Member
    Options
    Nice savings!
    Hahahaha +1!
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    This tweet leads me to believe you already felt being #1 was super important :)

Also, to be fair, your math was a little wrong. Order 66 nailed it on how to maximize everything, and they still are. Teamskunk is 200 behind them. Order 66 set the bar on how to nail the math and kill it out of the gate.

I would love to see you do this though. That would be a serious alt factory!
  • Options
    Barrok wrote: »

Also, to be fair, your math was a little wrong. Order 66 nailed it on how to maximize everything, and they still are. Teamskunk is 200 behind them. Order 66 set the bar on how to nail the math and kill it out of the gate.

I love this pic. Can anyone guess why?

Also, I totally forgot about this tweet from 10 days ago. Interesting, and kind of a little creepy, you didn't...?

Alt Factories are for SCRUBS! We roll with Alt Conglomerates, son!

• Options
    Team Skunk 4 Life!

Team Trump 4 Life!

angif_pinkevich_skunk.gif
  • dbraba01
    268 posts Member
    Options
    I love your show and support what your doing to force some changes. I was up and watching your June 1 show. My guild started a t7 raid before the reset time so we could finish it and get on the board. Now that is ruined for us. We are an international guild with several timezones so coordination is tough. We now do 1 attempt per member, screenshot it, and full zerg 12 hrs after the raid started. It works well for us.
    Broncos Forever in the game
    666-716-133
  • Azgadil
    226 posts Member
    Options
    Can you post a link to EA approving this method?

Alternate accounts would be encouraged I could see that. But I can't see them continuing guild currency being uncapped. That encourages poor gamesmanship. Seems odd. I'd have to have some explain any benefit what so ever that would provide to a game.
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    Options
    16 guilds? Put up the 200 crystals and change your name to king skunk or emperor skunk.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Barrok wrote: »

I love this pic. Can anyone guess why?

Also, I totally forgot about this tweet from 10 days ago. Interesting, and kind of a little creepy, you didn't...?

Alt Factories are for SCRUBS! We roll with Alt Conglomerates, son!

You are lord skunk, THE Lord Skunk, I really doubt you forgot about a tweet you posted congratulating yourself... I really doubt it :)

And what ever you want to call it, I would love to see you do it. That's the thing, talking about it is one thing, doing it is another. It takes time and effort...I will look into becoming a patron to help support your alt efforts!
  • Options
    I just got off the phone with my accountant and this is what he has come up with for me!!!!

Savings from arena costs. Extra gear from raid rewards will result in much easier wins in daily arena costs, or a reduction daily of 1 refresh per member.

50 (crystal cost to refresh) x 7 (days on week) x 800 (active members) x 52 (weeks in a year) = 14,560,000 crystals saved a year

This is a $92,680 savings annually.

Purple gear cost savings. If you figure each player bought just one full piece of purple gear normally a week, that’s 1400 crystals a piece in the shipment store.

Saves costs 1400 (crystal cost) x 800 (active members) x 52 (weeks in a year) = 58,240,000 crystals a year.

This is a $370,719 savings annually

These are very conservative numbers on just a few aspects of the game. Total annual savings, just from these three areas is $1,318,701. This is based on the current price of $99.99 for a vault of 15,710 in the US. TeamSkunk has many international members where costs are actually in excess of this, and many team members do not buy in $99.99 increments. Realized savings will be in excess of $1.5MM annually.
  • Options
    Azgadil wrote: »
    Can you post a link to EA approving this method?

I would like to see it myself! So until then I will just take other guilds at their word on their private conversations with the Devs where they said it was not only OK - but ENCOURAGED!!!!!!!!

• Arillian
    240 posts Member
    Options
    I expect a moderator to shut you down any minute, well, because they can.
    Knights of the Mobile Republic
  • Arillian
    240 posts Member
    Options
    Awesome post btw
    Knights of the Mobile Republic
  • Options
    Skunk - I love what you're doing and you have my wholehearted approval and gratitude. You have the manpower and will to access to leverage change.

I simply love the conservative maths that shows how much savings your various players can make. I'm sure that's what EA wants - to save its customers money. They've always put their customers over their bottom line *ahem*

I honestly think this is fantastic. Love your shows - very insightful and helpful for a developing player to achieve focus and direction.

Now that purpose is being used for great cause. The devs allow guild hopping and alts - sure. Is it against the spirit of healthy competition? Absolutely. It needs to be closed off. And this, this is a magnificent way to achieve it.

SALUTE you magnificent skunk you
  • Options
    What a useless childish post!!!

What TI did has absolutely no effect on anyone in the game. It doesn't take anything of what the other players have achieved. There isn't even a reward for being at the top of the leader board. So no big deal at all.

Concerning the fact that they might have said that some people were "scrubs" just lol. There are a lot more words in the English language that are a lot more shocking than scrubs. So just get over it.

I'm part of a guild who left the Teamskunk community one week after the launch of the Rancor. We left because the guy is a megalomaniac who wouldn't listen to any of "his guilds"' leaders and centralise everything on one discord server just because he wanted to keep an eye on everything that was said by 600+ people.
    All that mattered at some point was for him to try to get people on Patreon and sell merchandising with his logo on. That really is trying to make money out of thin air.

So now, what you are saying, dear Lord Skunk, is that you have 800+ minions ready to work towards gathering guild currency for ONE main guild?
    Well, I can see that your case of megalomania has improved a lot lol.

And for the pathetic sentence "I'm doing this for you SWGOH community", please don't pretend that you are a knight in shining armour willing to take a hit to save the entire world from being dominated by an evil guild who has committed the horrendous crime of cumulating 200 raid points more than the rest of the top leader board.

Well I think I'm done here. For goodness sake. Stop whining and get a life.

• Options
    Awesome! It's the John Oliver method of problem solving.

On a side note - much thanks to LordSkunk. I was doing next to nothing in the raids til I found your YouTube vids. Still rough with the rancor (due to lack of toons), but kill it enough with the piggies to stay atop the leader board.
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I just got off the phone with my accountant and this is what he has come up with for me!!!!

Savings from arena costs. Extra gear from raid rewards will result in much easier wins in daily arena costs, or a reduction daily of 1 refresh per member.

50 (crystal cost to refresh) x 7 (days on week) x 800 (active members) x 52 (weeks in a year) = 14,560,000 crystals saved a year

This is a $92,680 savings annually.

Purple gear cost savings. If you figure each player bought just one full piece of purple gear normally a week, that’s 1400 crystals a piece in the shipment store.

Saves costs 1400 (crystal cost) x 800 (active members) x 52 (weeks in a year) = 58,240,000 crystals a year.

This is a $370,719 savings annually

These are very conservative numbers on just a few aspects of the game. Total annual savings, just from these three areas is $1,318,701. This is based on the current price of $99.99 for a vault of 15,710 in the US. TeamSkunk has many international members where costs are actually in excess of this, and many team members do not buy in $99.99 increments. Realized savings will be in excess of $1.5MM annually.

Mad love @LordSkunk Best of luck playing this game completely as intended and as planned. Luckily the others you talk about haven't automated it too well and just cranked out one extra raid and had to stay up late in moms basement eating Doritos and Mountain Dew to get an extra poor-yield whale-filled raid so as to masquerade that they are not scrubs.