Recent Temporary Suspensions Announcement : Comments (Merged threads) *** Megathread***

Replies

• Options
    What bugs me is, when I deploy new versions of software here at work, I can certainly keep users locked out of that particular system until I apply my update and I've been able to do that for decades, why can't EA/CG???
  • Options
    It's entirely possible that some collected loot a couple of times by mistake. If the loot is taken away, what the heck do we need a witch hunt for? Just let the devs do their job.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Rob a bank, hand back the loot, then don't go to jail. That's very fair!!!!!! No it's not!!!!

Their accounts are suspended. Using your analogy, this is liken to serving time.

The suspension and loss of goods is appropriate punishment.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    Punishment makes sense. Remove benefits and locked out for a bit. The lock out won't last long, they will want these people spending money.
  • Options
    The world has officially gone mad. Is this a troll thread or for real?
  • Options
    If a window popped up in the game offering you 1000 crystals you'd take it. If 24 hours later you were banned from the game that wouldnt seem fair. Of course they shouldnt be banned.

Even if they consciously knew that it was a bug, it was the devs fault or the fault of the game so reversing it is exactly and the only thing that should be done.
  • Options
    Fast and proportional action for cheaters. Good.

However, one thought came to my mind. In the post about pre-crafting, one of the arguments to do nothing was that less than 1.5% of the players use the exploit. The only "solution" was adding random gear in the shipments so people could spend money.
    To the current issue, devs took action because was a larger amount (more than 1.5%) of all the players using the exploit?
  • kbonifay
    392 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    PhamTazTik wrote: »
    So basically no punishment for cheating...seems fair

Let's see...

Account locked out, you can not do ANYTHING until resolved.
    "Stuff" you got is removed.

Seems fair. :)

WINNING!!!!! @BentWookiee still my fav MOD since Day 1 :smile:
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    What happens to gear they got as rewards that was equipped? The 7* Vader incident showed us they aren't really capable of "reverting" things... Hence why people kept their Vaders.

If people only lose items in their inventory but don't have all of the gear they managed to equip from this reverted, it's pretty awkward!
  • Options
    If a window popped up in the game offering you 1000 crystals you'd take it. If 24 hours later you were banned from the game that wouldnt seem fair. Of course they shouldnt be banned.

Even if they consciously knew that it was a bug, it was the devs fault or the fault of the game so reversing it is exactly and the only thing that should be done.

Agreed. Just fix it and move on.
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I think this explains the almost overnight explosion of high powered arena teams. This needs to be dealt with swiftly and severely, it is the one thing that will definitely slam my wallet shut. I appreciate that it was officially addressed, it looks really bad when there is the appearance of trying to cover it up, like what was done over the past few days. Thank you devs, and boot those bad apples.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    What bugs me is, when I deploy new versions of software here at work, I can certainly keep users locked out of that particular system until I apply my update and I've been able to do that for decades, why can't EA/CG???

You don't want the game to be down for 90 minutes...It's just an unintended side affect. We all have those with software :)
  • kbonifay
    392 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hangfire wrote: »
    I think this explains the almost overnight explosion of high powered arena teams. This needs to be dealt with swiftly and severely, it is the one thing that will definitely slam my wallet shut. I appreciate that it was officially addressed, it looks really bad when there is the appearance of trying to cover it up, like what was done over the past few days. Thank you devs, and boot those bad apples.

yes.. call the ****.. arrest them all!!! hmmmmmm
    tMlLCOi.png

• Options
    They gave them a button, The guys who did the same thing creating multiple accounts and guilds went out of their way to do this exact same thing. This is the most audacious load of rubbish i've ever seen in my life. The irony of this beyond comprehension. How can they get accounts blocked and rewards taken away for pushing a magic button when the guys who did this by design and with intent get to keep it all? I agree on the resolution, but it should be applied to all who took advantage.
  • Options
    Vader exploit, raid loot exploit, bluestacks PC mod, Russian god mode mod, guild hopping, altfarming, we are all OK here! Any form of cheating is acceptable. It's the wild west here and the sheriff's are on potty break. We don't want to limit out potential to collect dollars. The offenders will be scolded. I've seen stricter punishment on the forums than I've seen in game. Is this real life?
  • Options
    A little cheater's asterix applied to the name of everyone who did it. A little rap sheat. Would be fun. For me.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I'm sure that more than a few people who want them perma-banned would also have claimed the raid rewards multiple times if it kept showing up. I know i would atleast twice and probably more.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    My account is currently suspended. All I did was tap my mailbox every time it had the notification for new mail. I noticed it kept giving me guild rewards. I didn't purposely circumvent the rules nor use some sort of hack to "cheat" the system. The system was bugged and it kept giving me rewards. Now, if the developers want to take away all the extra credits I got, that's cool. I get that. But please don't confuse this issue with people who purposely break rules and cheat the game.
  • Options
    Hiya, here is the official explanation of what happened yesterday and what is being done about it.
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Greetings,

Yesterday there was a small window (about 90 minutes) where players could claim Raid rewards multiple times. This was during the time that we were updating our server to make the changes to Guild Bank Currency cap changes.

We have temporarily suspended the accounts that abused this issue in the time that it was possible. This suspension will be lifted as soon as we finish checking how many additional rewards were obtained by each account, and once we have removed the excess currency and items that were obtained.

@BentWookiee how exactly will the rewards be removed if they have already spent them? Word on the street is that it's just not possible, is this true?

• Options
    leef wrote: »
    I'm sure that more than a few people who want them perma-banned would also have claimed the raid rewards multiple times if it kept showing up. I know i would atleast twice and probably more.

I hope that most people see a reward they just claimed and would pass on claiming it again . Just because it's easy doesn't make it right. I'm sure 90% of those that claimed it had no idea they would get cought. Little did I know tat the punishment would be....... nothing? Suspension of your account so you don't spend the currency before we fix it? Screw it. Just go ahead and cheat guys. Can't hurt. No repercussions. You don't even have to apologize. Just claim ignorance.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    They gave them a button, The guys who did the same thing creating multiple accounts and guilds went out of their way to do this exact same thing. This is the most audacious load of rubbish i've ever seen in my life. The irony of this beyond comprehension. How can they get accounts blocked and rewards taken away for pushing a magic button when the guys who did this by design and with intent get to keep it all? I agree on the resolution, but it should be applied to all who took advantage.

lol
  • Pleblo
    52 posts Member
    Options
    I think this is pretty fair because it was a bug on the system. The system kept sending them rewards after they claimed them. Its not like they broke the code to make it give more rewards. It was a glitch due to them updating the server. I see no reason why these people should not be unsuspended when they sort out the look these players had got. I mean if the bank gives you 100$ every time you withdraw 1$ and you keep doing it the bank is not going to ban you from the using the bank forever but they might freeze your around till the glitch is fixed and take the money from your savings to cover what you took out.
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    Options
    I hope the suspension is decently long and increases with th more times you did the exploit.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Dave011679 wrote: »
    My account is currently suspended. All I did was tap my mailbox every time it had the notification for new mail. I noticed it kept giving me guild rewards. I didn't purposely circumvent the rules nor use some sort of hack to "cheat" the system. The system was bugged and it kept giving me rewards. Now, if the developers want to take away all the extra credits I got, that's cool. I get that. But please don't confuse this issue with people who purposely break rules and cheat the game.

Taking rewards more than twice is purposely taking rewards that weren't earned. I can understand twice. Maybe you miss clicked the first time or maybe it was a visual glitch.

GW used to have a visual glitch when completing two GW in the same day. However, once you took the rewards a third time and more, full knowing you didn't earn the rewards, you purposely took advantage of a bug.

That being said, no one should be banned for this. A suspension and loss of extra rewards is more than enough punishment.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

I hope that most people see a reward they just claimed and would pass on claiming it again . Just because it's easy doesn't make it right. I'm sure 90% of those that claimed it had no idea they would get cought. Little did I know tat the punishment would be....... nothing? Suspension of your account so you don't spend the currency before we fix it? Screw it. Just go ahead and cheat guys. Can't hurt. No repercussions. You don't even have to apologize. Just claim ignorance.

thats pretty easy to say in hindsight and when you werent in the position to do it yourself.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Love this response from the devs. Also I have noticed more overall communication from the devs, both on here, and on the Reddit page. Thanks to all of you developers.

I hope you guys take your time with restoring their accounts back... These are the types of players who are breaking the game. While I personally believe these players should be banned(They DEFINITELY deserve it), at the very least we should be thankful that they are at least being deprived of their excess rewards.

I think this action, while fairly lenient, is an acceptable solution.

Thank you to all of the devs for at least doing something about this.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    If they manage to remove equipped gear as they're "fixing" this in addition to removing any other excess currencies and unequipped gear then it's whatever. No bans needed, the temp suspension is plenty.
  • Bluerock
    224 posts Member
    Options
    thats pretty easy to say when in hindsight and when you werent in the position to do it yourself.

Many of us have been in multiple positions to exploit and did not. The ally list Vader exploit was well known and we chose not to do it. This is based on the understanding of what cheating and exploiting are and the fact that there are usually severe penalties for doing things you know are wrong.
    I can say unequivocally that if I saw raid rewards for the same raid show up a second time, I would not have claimed them as it is clearly unintended.
    Those that claimed them 5/10/50+ times knew exactly what they were doing and should be banned not only as a punishment to them but a deterrent to others who seek to advance unfairly.
    The continued existence of the 7* Vaders and the temporary suspension of those who abused an exploit to gain significant raid rewards only serves to tell the gaming community that if you find a bug, feel free to exploit it. There's a solid chance that you won't be punished, certainly not severely.
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    Options
    CG, EA thank you for the immediate response. I think your action is totally appropriate. No bans necessary and I wouldn't necessarily call them cheaters, although it's a grey area. If you leave a pot of gold in your front yard, you might wake up to find that it's not there in the morning. I personally don't subscribe to those that take advantage but hey, let's be real. The suspension of play time and removal of goods is penalty enough IMO.
  • ModeratusImperialis
    353 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Why no one is arguing for the sacrifice of first born babes is beyond me. The heinousness of it all!

At the very least consider a branding.
This discussion has been closed.