The Scoundrel Event - Guide\Strats\Comments (Merged threads)

Replies

• nzed
    9 posts Member
    Options
    G8 lvl72 5* lando lead
    G7 lvl65 6* bane
    G7 lvl61 5* boba
    G6 lvl59 5* chewie
    unlevelled greedo

Am lucky to get to third stage, and if i do, I can't make a scratch on the boss.

Who should I invest in?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, well done devs!! Like it. Keep 'em coming!! :)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Options
    Well Done devs and thank you for the weekly 1 millions credits
  • Options
    +1
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Get chewy to gear 7 for protection...after that id say lando because you can use him in empire event that is coming back at some point
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    I like the earning potential here a lot! I don't know if I'm ready for level 70 yet. But maybe next week or two weeks out.

It's pretty irrelevant to complain that you can't hop over a new challenge the day it comes out. It wasn't promoted as an event "That anyone can beat with beginner accounts."

I wanted Yoda as soon as his event started back in the day, naturally. Oh but wait, I didn't have enough Jedi. So I didn't get him that first time around. I never once thought, "this is so unfair, how dare they make something for me to work up to!?" I was like, "dang this is hard, I gotta focus my farming on these Jedi."

I just don't get it. Sorry you're mad, but I mean, we 'choose our own battles' yeah?

Best of luck on the cooldown.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    +1

an event with rewards that are super useful, im happy it will be recurring
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    I love this Scoundrel Event!
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Took me several tries to get it...but just restart till lando aoe crits twice in round 1 and 2 (so its cooled down and has the dmg stack for round 3 and use cads stun on the tougher CUP)
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I don't know how anyone finds this easy! My team is getting wiped. Cad and Lando are both 6*, level 70, and 80, g8. Zam level 50, g8, chewie 4* g7, useless mob chick. I e tried it over 75 times

Yup same here, I just got ZAM, I have cad 7* 80 max G9, Chewie 5* 72 G7, Boba 4* 66 G7, Zam 4* 70, G6, and Mob Enforcer..

I tried maybe not 75 but at least half of that, just getting wiped barely even make it to 2...
  • irvvri
    152 posts Member
    Options
    I like the event and the idea behind it, but my scoundrels are total trash and I don't have the motivation to do anything about it so I'll sit this one out
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    irvvri wrote: »
    I like the event and the idea behind it, but my scoundrels are total trash and I don't have the motivation to do anything about it so I'll sit this one out

I mean, no one is gonna like it if they don't have the heroes for it. But that doesn't stop people from leveling a little here and there. Yoda required 5 Jedi, we all got there.

As your account grows over time, you will love it.
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    Options
    I hope that it can only be done with Lando. I have a 6* Lvl 72 G8 Chewy, 7* Lvl 68 G7 Cad Bane, 3* Lvl 51 G6 Greedo and also just got Zam Wessell (4*, Lvl 42, G4) and Dengar (2*, Lvl 45, G5).

I passed the Level 50 twice, but not the Level 70. I am not planning to get Lando, but will work on leveling and gearing up Greedo, Zam and Dengar to be able to pass the Level 70 stage.

Getting 1 million free credits a week sounds great to me! They just need to make sure it stays a scoundrel event.
  • Options
    I can't beat the 70 tier yet. And I'm okay with that challenge ahead of me.

I wish more people felt the same instead of complaints of difficulty or poor design.

This is an excellent weekly event/challenge. I look forward to the next time it appears!

Thanks guys.
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Options
    Great job team. Glad to see it recurring weekly. Not bad on the rewards either. ; )
  • Sirryker
    98 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    +1 Thanks devs! Credit crunch is addressed. Scoundrels will abound.

Having said that, I have work to do before I can beat the lucrative level 70 version:
    Boba 7*g9 73
    Greedo 3* g8 66
    Cad Bane 4* g7 59
    Chewie 4* g6 58
    Mob Enforcer 2* g2 30 lol
  • Options
    Totally agree. Refreshingly positive thread. Great event.
  • Options
    Lando Lead Level 70 Gear 8, 7 star
    Chewie Level 65 Gear 8, 6 star
    Boba level 70 Gear 8,5 star
    Greedo 42 Gear 4, 3 star
    Cad Bane 53 Gear 6. 5 star

Breezed through it with lando lead and using taunt/and aoe wisely. Lost greedo each time but was no issues getting through both level 50 and 70 with ease. Auto'd Level 50, Auto'd level 70, second attempt.
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, I like the event. My scoundrel team is still relatively new (Only have 6* Lvl 72 Chewy and 7* Lvl 68 Cad Bane scoundrels that are 6* or higher. Rest are 4* or lower) and I can only beat the Level 50 event but I am willing to invest in the team knowing I will get 1 million credits a week from this event.

This type of event really helps those of us out who are experiencing the credit crunch.
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Options
    irvvri wrote: »

I mean, no one is gonna like it if they don't have the heroes for it. But that doesn't stop people from leveling a little here and there. Yoda required 5 Jedi, we all got there.

As your account grows over time, you will love it.

Exactly. I just boosted Lando to g8 today. I'll do a little each day until they're good enough for 70. Again, good show.
  • Options
    I agree. This is the first event I have been able to take part in that is spot on good. First time I have been able to say good job to the devs.
  • Options
    i have been told by a mod that all my comments are negative, i would like to take this oppertunity to say good job.... no really, well done.

you made those CUP's bad **** even without protection, would not like to meet them on a dark night, without Lando anyway.

I liked the event even tho i could not pass the 70 bar... gonna pee all over those CUP's next time.
  • Thegreatdecay
    55 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I was able to beat the lower tier event without Lando on really only one respectable scoundrel (is that an oxymoron?).
    • Chewie (6* G8)
    • Cad Bane (4* G6)
    • Dengar (2* G5)
    • Greedo (2* G5)
    • Mob Enforcer (2* G5)

My basic strategy was to get through the first round with minimal damage without using Chewie's taunt, then spam his taunt on the second and third round to keep my lower level toons in the game as long as possible. Cad and Dengar's stuns were also invaluable, especially applying them to the Boss CUP in the third round.

I already had Chewie for raids and have been farming cad since I heard about the event. I farmed Greedo and Mob Enforcer to get into the event with minimal commitment. I had to buy Dengar shards from the guild store today or I would have missed it.

Do I need to ditch Greedo and Mob Enfocer to beat the higher tier? Or can I get there by just beefing up Cad and Dengar and keeping those two as warm bodies?

I would just farm Lando, but I'm busy working on Chirpa for my raid team. Maybe afterwards.

EDIT: Just to be clear, it took a few attempts to clear it this way. I tried Chewie as leader, but it was Cad as leader that ended up working.
    Post edited by Thegreatdecay on
  • Options
    Surprisingly, I have 7 scoundrels, but no mustache on them! Any advice on who to level to try win the lvl 70 without him? Or the only way to pass the lvl 70 tier is to have Calrissian? https://swgoh.gg/u/ronoaldo/collection/?f=scoundrel
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Oooh chirpa vs. Lando hard call...chirpa is weak hp-wise so you gotta get him to 7* and his heal is best in game for heavy hp toons like fives/rg/vader

I farmed lando to 5* then switched to chirpa...back to lando (close to 6*) then to jawa to tear up droid teams w je and now im farmin ani to unlock and back to finish lando.
  • Options
    Sorry, didn't saw Thegreatdecay post before, I'll try that lineup
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    No im sure theres many ways i just barely managed the lv 70 after multiple tries and posted team here so others could follow suit since i haven't put much stock in scoundrels untill after empire event and read about this event...even then i didnt think i would do as well as i did
  • Options
    Absolutely agree with OP. Best event launch in a long time.

It's great because it does make you think hard about resources. Most of us don't have leveled scoundrels, so in order for us to gain resources in the long run, we need to invest in the short-term, which is difficult when there are so many other good toons to level!

If you spent 18 million credits to level and star three scoundrels in order to complete the event, at an estimated average of 6mil credits per month for completed scoundrel events, it would take three months to recouperate your initial investment. Your reward would be the three scoundrels you leveled, plus 18mil credits, enough to level and star three more toons... So six toons leveled in three months for 18mil. Then it's all gravy afterward.

I think that's an appropriate time-weighted event

Good job to the devs
  • Options
    QuiteDrunk wrote: »
    i have been told by a mod that all my comments are negative, i would like to take this oppertunity to say good job.... no really, well done.

you made those CUP's bad **** even without protection, would not like to meet them on a dark night, without Lando anyway.

I liked the event even tho i could not pass the 70 bar... gonna pee all over those CUP's next time.

And actually, yes, fighting a squad full of CUPs was... Dare I say... both fun and interesting.
  • Options
    The OP kind of has a point. I feel like a lot of people in this thread bashing him are whales who have unlimited resources. For us strictly F2P people, it's not quite so easy to get a scoundrel team.

Lando is the only really good Scoundrel that is useful in other aspects of the game. The only way to get him is by spending energy. Chewie and Greedo are decent, but hardly worth going for, especially when you could be spending the resources on other characters. Boba, Cad, and the rest are pretty much garbage.

So while you will eventually get the credits back you spent leveling up some scoundrel characters for the event, you also have to take into account opportunity cost. All those credits, gear pieces, training droids, and energy could be spent leveling up other characters that are much more useful.