Game Update - 7/6/2016 - Comments- ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    C3POwn wrote: »
    Amalthea wrote: »
    2 day extra rewards that they announce at 9pm on the first day? Not cool.

+1 and half the world is already waking up on the 2nd day

+1. Terrible timing. Also 100 Crystals to refresh shard shop...ok move along, nothing to see here.
  • Womp_Womp
    282 posts Member
    Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    Naecabon wrote: »
    I JUST BOUGHT 100K SHARD SHOP WORTH OF GEAR

THIS IS AMAZING

Congrats on your gift from a company clearly desperate for money. Please give them more.

He's already given them the money, that's why he had so much currency for the shard shop. All he had to do was pay the measly refresh fee.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options

THIS IS AMAZING

Congrats on your gift from a company clearly desperate for money. Please give them more. Perhaps in a few months they'll add more content. Probably not.

THIS WAS FREE TECHNICALLY!
  • Options
    Exactly, now I'm just annoyed even more :/
  • Blocmonkey
    9 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I was all ready to go too!
  • Ing256
    471 posts Member
    Options
    2 Things:
    1. I used a lot of cantina energy and refills on july the 7th, local time (in theory on the second day of the event according to you) but the event wasn't announced or activated until after I spent all that energy.
    Is this fair?

2. What's the point in retaining the ability block icon for 2 turns when the skill only lasts one turn? Is it to make things as unclear as possible? To let me think the opponent won't be able to use his special ability on his next turn when in fact he will be able to?
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    Options

THIS IS AMAZING

Congrats on your gift from a company clearly desperate for money. Please give them more. Perhaps in a few months they'll add more content. Probably not.

THIS WAS FREE TECHNICALLY!

Hence this being a gift. They know the whales are leaving. They still need your money. Find ways to spend it.
  • Womp_Womp
    282 posts Member
    Options
    It got changed when they cancelled the kit event, my guess was it was an internal clock error when an event disappeared. It thought it was the next week.
  • Amalthea
    691 posts Member
    Options
    Womp_Womp wrote: »
    Complain much? They don't have to give double rewards. Sorry giving you something extra that you weren't able to try and maximize the free stuff that was given to you is so upsetting.

I've already spent 300 crystals refreshing Cantina today, so that's real money for CG that I spend fairly regularly. And they didn't even have the courtesy to tell me to wait for this evening before refreshing.
  • Options
    It got changed when they cancelled the kit event, my guess was it was an internal clock error when an event disappeared. It thought it was the next week.

Why did they cancel the kit event though?
  • Weezy34
    117 posts Member
    Options
    It was suppose to start tomorrow, pushed back a week?! That's crap!!
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    Options
    Ing256 wrote: »
    2 Things:
    1. I used a lot of cantina energy and refills on july the 7th, local time (in theory on the second day of the event according to you) but the event wasn't announced or activated until after I spent all that energy.
    Is this fair?

2. What's the point in retaining the ability block icon for 2 turns when the skill only lasts one turn? Is it to make things as unclear as possible? To let me think the opponent won't be able to use his special ability on his next turn when in fact he will be able to?

And good luck if you use HKs special while that icon is up. You will have no idea if his ability block landed.
  • Womp_Womp
    282 posts Member
    Options
    Complain much? They don't have to give double rewards. Sorry giving you something extra that you weren't able to try and maximize the free stuff that was given to you is so upsetting.

I've already spent 300 crystals refreshing Cantina today, so that's real money for CG that I spend fairly regularly. And they didn't even have the courtesy to tell me to wait for this evening before refreshing.

Boo hoo, it was a surprise. Maybe next time they won't do it all because you are all ungrateful children.
  • Womp_Womp
    282 posts Member
    Options
    Because no one was refreshing it lol
  • Options
    Bunch of bumbling clowns at CG. Just laughable. No money. No problems. You all have no clue what you are doing. Haha
  • Options

Boo hoo, it was a surprise. Maybe next time they won't do it all because you are all ungrateful children.

that would be better. seriously. no joke.
  • RogueHS
    148 posts Member
    Options

Or maybe, just maybe, the adult thing to do is announce events before they happen. Not when we are halfway through the "event" already.
  • Finnien
    24 posts Member
    Options

Maybe we'll just stop playing if they can't get their **** together better than this.
  • Bjpac04
    119 posts Member
    Options
    WhyWhy would they post about double rewards for July 6th when the day is a few hrs from over???? Makes no sense
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options
    I sure hope they'll add a post with "Fixed GW's bug" as well! But i was surprised with the double drop event, just bought some cantina energy to farm old ben o/!
  • Amalthea
    691 posts Member
    Options

It was a surprise where some people got a full box and others got half a box. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask CG, if they are giving out free boxes of goodies to people who are basically in competition, to do so fairly and equally. Otherwise it's not really free: it's to put half the gaming population at a disadvantage so that they spend more to catch up. Not a big deal here. But CG does this over and over again. I generally assume incompetence rather than malice, but this is becoming more than a pattern.
  • Ing256
    471 posts Member
    Options
    Phipps wrote: »
    Whales will now raid gear their entire rosters

Probably they noticed good f2p were able to challenge those whales and decided it was not fair...
  • Womp_Womp
    282 posts Member
    Options
    Finnien wrote: »

Maybe we'll just stop playing if they can't get their **** together better than this.

Good luck with that, there are plenty of empty threats like that around here. Yet here you all are complaining and threatening to quit because you weren't told about free things ahead of time.
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    Options
    Yup congrats to all the whales out there you may now give all your toons all the raid gear you want..... And 7
  • Options
    Imagine that... no real fixes, no real explanations and everything in the update is money driven. The gap widens further. But thanks for the double rewards tomorrow for 1 day as I already refreshed my max today... (smh)
    Han Solo: No time to discuss this as a committee. Princess Leia: I am not a committee!
  • tmntguy86
    446 posts Member
    Options
    Not trying to be a negative person here, bc honestly it is nice they did the double rewards for cantina and worked a few bugs. However, announcing this cantina double drop at 8pm (my time) on the first day is ****. Especially for those further east than the US since they miss the entire first day of this. But by 8pm at night, I've already used almost all my cantina energy. I then allow it to rebuild so I have energy for the start of the new day at 1am. I'm rather disappointed by the timing of this announcement.

Also the fact no word was said about the boring and massive time consuming and some days inpossible to finish GW is still unsettling.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Why? Most people have already used their refresh(s) today. Are we supposed to spend 400 crystals now?

smh
  • Joaquin
    41 posts Member
    Options
    Should've announced this on July 8.
  • Ing256
    471 posts Member
    Options
    And good luck if you use HKs special while that icon is up. You will have no idea if his ability block landed.

Good Lord... it's difficult to understand what they were thinking
  • Options
    Exactly.....
    Travelling through Hyperspace ain't like dustin' crops, boy!