Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Good job tRRRey on finishing GW today. I once again did not get the luck of the draw and faced yet another impossible team to beat on node 12.

Thanks! I haven't had to face a killer node 12 in a long time. I strongly suggest you push your arena power past 38k as soon as possible. Of course you should be prepared to face stronger node 6, 9, and 11 teams but I think it's worth it.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • PushinGravity
    95 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    All these "nerf gw" threads boil down to a serious "git gud" problem. If you were better at allocating gear, better at farming a deep roster, better at assigning gear to the proper team, better at saving credits. You wouldn't have these issues with GW.

It is very possible, and very easy to do as a F2P player. Raid gear is easy to get, find a T7 guild and leech if you can't compete. It's really not hard to get an arena team above 38,000.

Yes there is a credit and energy shortage right now, but that just means you have to plan better and not whine about it, buckle down and deal with it! It's not going to change.

Seriously, use some strategy and alter tactics in GW don't try to face roll it on auto and expect to win.

GIT GUD
    #flameOn

Oh and it's IMbalance btw
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I understand the anger, (I share it), I understand venting, but trolling? Okay listen up Dearies. Running to CG's rescue will get you less than nothing. On the other hand slamming them at every chance will garner the same results. CG has their plan mapped out. Stay or go, pay or not, it is proceeding. Think Order 66, but it's been modified. Instead of all Jedi must die, it's all fun must die. Or for us old timers. "Dam their enthusiasm, all revenues full speed ahead!!!"

At this point I can speak with absolute certainty, this thread is either completely ignored, or popcorn stock has skyrocketed in the San Fran area (They pop some, read and laugh).

It boggles the mind, but perhaps venting here serves a purpose. Right now, it's clearly verbal pvp. You're unpaid entertainment Dearies. I must applaud the powers that be, and they call me evil. LOL
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    All these "nerf gw" threads boil down to a serious "git gud" problem. If you were better at allocating gear, better at farming a deep roster, better at assigning gear to the proper team, better at saving credits. You wouldn't have these issues with GW.

It is very possible, and very easy to do as a F2P player. Raid gear is easy to get, find a T7 guild and leech if you can't compete. It's really not hard to get an arena team above 38,000.

Yes there is a credit and energy shortage right now, but that just means you have to plan better and not whine about it, buckle down and deal with it! It's not going to change.

Seriously, use some strategy and alter tactics in GW don't try to face roll it on auto and expect to win.

GIT GUD
    #flameOn

No need to state the obvious kid
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Aniema wrote: »
    To all the people that think Gws is too hard that just means your roster and toons are just too weak to complete it. I easily finish it everyday with no problems. If I can then you can too. Work on your rosters like everyone else and stop crying about it already, the boohooing is getting really ridiculous now.

What is your arena team at? What player level are you at? His deep is your roster?

I have 20 7* level 80 characters all at gear 8, 2 at gear 9 and 1 at gear 10. That's 4 fairly high stat teams that get completely wiped out by the impossible team on nodes 11 and 12.

I was able to complete GW every day for 4+ months straight until the GW rework. Currently stuck at 139 wins.

Once again, read my post above about the IMBALANCE of GW where some people face impossible teams and others face easy teams and able to finish it without a problem. Hard to work on rosters when unable to finish GW and earn the credits to upgrade characters. Just as Sbdaster, a 10% increase in credits makes no difference if you can't finish it.

You have 20 7* level 80 toons and your arena team is only 33k? I don't think your issue is GW.
  • Options
    To date I've only failed to complete GW once in the past few months - and looking at the results on Wednesdays from my guild I'm in the majority. Most of my guild pulls 36's on GW day so they're finishing 3 in a row in a 2 day span (I usually send out 5 ungeared lvl 1toons on Monday to get the daily activity finished today and then complete it plus Tuesday's between reset and midnight Tuesday night - usually takes less than an hour)
  • Options
    sying wrote: »
    Aniema wrote: »
    To all the people that think Gws is too hard that just means your roster and toons are just too weak to complete it. I easily finish it everyday with no problems. If I can then you can too. Work on your rosters like everyone else and stop crying about it already, the boohooing is getting really ridiculous now.

What is your arena team at? What player level are you at? His deep is your roster?

I have 20 7* level 80 characters all at gear 8, 2 at gear 9 and 1 at gear 10. That's 4 fairly high stat teams that get completely wiped out by the impossible team on nodes 11 and 12.

I was able to complete GW every day for 4+ months straight until the GW rework. Currently stuck at 139 wins.

Once again, read my post above about the IMBALANCE of GW where some people face impossible teams and others face easy teams and able to finish it without a problem. Hard to work on rosters when unable to finish GW and earn the credits to upgrade characters. Just as Sbdaster, a 10% increase in credits makes no difference if you can't finish it.

You have 20 7* level 80 toons and your arena team is only 33k? I don't think your issue is GW.

This^
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    @Caeus_Gymkata If my firsthand experience is "garbage" than so is yours! See how that works? :smile: Maybe instead of complaining on the forums you should spend your precious hours trying to finish yesterday's GW? And who says I have to constantly retreat and swap around characters to finish every GW?

c8gpj.jpg
    1 retreat to swap RG and Rey for GS assist
    1jma14.jpg
    1 retreat after Daka's heal revived GS, 86, and RG and GS auto revived right after
    fdyr7q.png
    1 retreat to swap RG and Rey for GS assist again

Zero characters lost and I used a combination of 8 characters for those 3 nodes. Tell me again how it's impossible to field "optimal" teams in GW?

If you aren't utilizing the mechanics of the game then you deserve to lose and you sure as hell don't deserve to come on here and complain. Then you have the audacity to shut down anyone else's experience that doesn't coincide with yours. Classy.
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Radonis
    504 posts Member
    Options
    I think the Majority of High level players 75+ account level player are the ones that are mostly completing GW and are having reaping the most rewards from it. As a Up and coming newer player GW is basically impossible to complete for me now. Two weeks ago i could complete it 5 days out of 7. Then i started to level and star and gear up some toons and then i started to see the change in teams i was facing in GW. Facing teams with protection on the first node when the day before i wasnt facing those teams. Then node 6 came where i had to to use my A squad from then on. By node 9 11 and 12 i would get Teams who were a whole 5 to 7 Levels ahead of my toons and have gear advantage as well. I am lucky to kill 3 of them when its over then i have a mixed bag of a team to fight the next fights with and cant complete the fight with those toons.

So yes GW is Imbalanced for people trying get the better deeper roster and when they say here is a credit event and u need lando and 4 other scoundrels almost maxed out as well. To complete that where is the credits coming from? GW should be HARD not IMPOSSIBLE. I liked when i could at least know i might beable to complete it now i know i cant complete it no matter what i do and if i able ot level and gear up my toons the same thing will still happen.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

GIT GUD
    #flameOn

No need to state the obvious kid

I'm sorry, just one question: if it's so obvious then why isn't everyone doing it?

I'm not attacking you. Many people, not just a couple or even a few have given pointers in countless GW threads since what seems like forever. I think the problem is people either think they're smarter than the system or don't believe the pointers from other players.

As far as some players facing super easy teams at the end, this reminds me a little bit of work. I work for the railroad. We had this job that only the senior people could get because it's an insanely easy, daytime, scheduled job that pays pretty well. Personally, I'm at the bottom of the ring and get called whenever they need me so I have none of those benefits. The person on this job, however, was really good at it and finished the job in 2-3 hours every day. It was supposed to be 8 hours. So, what did the railroad do? They took the job away and made it every other day, calling it off the extra board. Why? Because the **** on the job couldn't figure out that by getting an early quit every day he's making it look like the job isn't necessary every day. Because of this one guy, who selfish and basically showed the railroad his job wasn't necessary the job as he knew it was gone forever. That means the engineer's, this guy's partner, job was gone, too. Not to mention anyone else who ever wanted to work that job.

Basically what I'm saying is, because op can't be bothered to properly work on their team, those that do get the easy last node have to suffer? Sounds pretty petty and lacking in forward thinking to me. I can't wait until op does get around to beefing up their arena team to over 38k and is facing 44k teams on the final node because op wanted to complain about it today.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    @Radonis

Do you think it was easier when we were up and coming? I was facing teams 10 levels up and properly geared when I was coming up. The only time I wasn't was when the cap raised from 70 to 80 and I was already at 70. There were no level 80 teams yet. But it's not just about the level, it's about the power. There were times when my teams were just slaughtered. And I mean slaughtered. No amount of retreats and trying different combos changed the situation. Lots of people faced the same situation. Lots of those people worked on their teams. I remember when I was getting close to 70 and I chose not to level up my arena team because I wanted to work on my GW teams more. I didn't complain. I read and I figured out what I could do with the roster I had.

I'm sorry you're facing teams with protection. That sucks. But I'm facing teams with a 200+ speed Rey; a roided out Anakin who demolishes my team who doesn't have any protection left in one blow; a Lando that never seems to stops critting; and an RG that seems to be the only toon who still has over 100% potency. I'd kill for the days where all I had to worry about was Sid sticking healing immunity on QGJ.
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Also when the 12 node is a weak lowlevel team, the "impossible" highend teams just appear one node earlier. There's no difference.
  • Options
    Fatzke wrote: »
    Also when the 12 node is a weak lowlevel team, the "impossible" highend teams just appear one node earlier. There's no difference.

It's not an "impossible" team if you are able to defeat it. Just a difficult team.
  • Options
    So Node 12 is Rey, QGJ, Anakin, Sun Fac, and RG.

How am I supposed to defeat this team? Between Sun Fac and RG, I can't get to anyone else. They absolutely destroy me...

Meanwhile, tons of people get a Node 12 with 1500 Power. And they want to tell me it's WAI.

Cowdroppings.
  • Options
    @sying that's when OP will make another post declaring that GW is still brokenot and how he can't complete it, never knowing that the issue they r complaining about is of their own doing. It's a vicious cycle of incompetence and "everyone needs a trophy" mentality. OP will get his wish when new raid and gear level comes out, he'll see those 45000 teams and scream again.

Not everyone should be able to compete GW, certainly not everyday. I have a 39500 arena teams and maybe once every 2 weeks I get a team that just wrecks me. So after seeing this I learned to switch up my teams, preload tm, etc. Haven't had a problem since.

Additionally, knowing that the last team is a gimme others should be working for that power threshold, not complaining it's a bug and unfair. It's not that hard to reach.
  • Options
    I've had it with people victim shaming here. GW is broken, let's just face it.

You need a very deep roster of level 80 guys with gear 9 minimum in order to beat it *easily* as many people claim they can often. Honestly gear 10 is becomming mandatory to finish all the way through.

In order to GET that kind of roster you need credits. Lots and lots and lots of credits. To get credits you need to complete GW.

See the issue here?

I've been playing since launch and only have a half dozen level 80 characters, only one gear 10, a dozen or so gear 9 and a couple dozen more gear 8. Unfortunately once I hit that 38,000 team with full protection, all gear 10 it's just over. This team will destroy me every time. Having a deep roster doesn't help. The difference in power between a 38,000 team and a 35,000 team is so vast that you're lucky to get 2 or 3 minor hits in before your team is wiped. Having a deep roster won't help against that kind of power.

So let's just say I squeak out enough credits by completing this up to node 5 every day before hitting that 38,000 wall. After 6 months or so I may have earned enough credits to have several dozen more level 80s. Yeah, but nothing, because very few of them are going to be gear X because of the great rarity of that gear and will STILL get destroyed by the monster teams.

GW used to be doable every day, it used to be fun. That was before:
    *Every team had fully 7* level 80 toons by the third node.
    *Protection doubled the length of the fights if you're lucky and by the end made it a serious lopsided endeavor
    *You encounter full gear X teams by node 5 if you're unlucky but no later than 10 guaranteed.

If you're a new player you'll get to have your time with enjoying GW. It's a good feature for a time. Unfortunately at some point you'll get strong enough that it just becomes an exercise in tedium and frustration. End game GW is not enjoyable and is creating further divide between the haves and the have-nots.

This sums it up right here. Sick of breezing fthrough nodes just to hit the brick wall and it's pointless to empty my squads because there simply is no way to win. It would be like my only arena opponent choices are 5000 points higher...no amount of strategy can overcome that...so why waste time.

How will i ever be able to catch up on mods when i can't beat the modded teams to make money to upgrade? Makes no sense. I feel like I'm spinning my wheels now with little progress. Add to that the decreased drop rates of shards and i just have trouble justifying spending so much time for so little progress...
  • Tanuki
    136 posts Member
    Options
    The match making has got to change. Right now the last node was 38465 power ranking my team is 32842. Difference of 5565. Team before that wasn't much different either. It's almost the equivalent of having a 6th character on their squad. I used a total of 5 teams to beat the 11th node. Totally not fun. They should at least remove protection from all gw teams or from the game entirely, just have 2 levels of health instead. Not sure where this mode is going and not sure if they ever will change anything. Why did they even change it to begin with let alone change it a second time 2 weeks later. Seems shady. No money from me ever again
  • Tanuki
    136 posts Member
    Options
    I would also love to be able to upgrade the rest of my squad but since I don't have any credits to do or cantina energy to spend I can't. Have 4 characters waiting to star up. Plus the leveling costs are way too high.
  • Tanuki
    136 posts Member
    Options
    Today faced a 12th node team at 38,465. My arena team is 32,900. 11th node was almost as hard taking 5 of my teams. Super fun ya'll
  • Dibe
    1 posts Member
    Options
    Gw is become impossible, the developers are so fu*king ****.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    [Currently if you get beaten by a team on node 11 or 12, your next squad gets very nearly wiped out by a full round of attacks before you can do anything. That's where I find most of the difficulty comes from at the end of GW. At least with this TM tweak, you could use your full roster to inflict some damage rather that just watching them get picked off before you get a single turn. It would significantly reduce my frustration with GW.
    image.png
    The problem with GW is that it became impossible to p2p or f2p. Got to the last node today and found that team waiting for me.. It's not even fun to try and fight it. I don't mind a challenge, but being beaten to a pulp with no chance of winning it's the opposite of fun in my book.

Are you kidding me? That team doesn't even have a taunter. childs play. I have had that team on node 12 with SunFac. And I use DROIDS.

Sit RG. Put in some of your prepped backups. Take down Rex. Die. No more 15% TM on crit for them. Then put in a second team with good TM and RG and to mop up Anakin, 5's and co.
  • Options
    CapnnRex wrote: »
    So the last couple days I cannot even get past the 8th battle in GW. It is not hard, it is impossible. GW is the only way to make any progress with credits In the game. Now I cannot do that. It needs fixed. The teams you face cannot have anything to do with your arena teams or level. Mine has never been high in level and I purposely have kept my power below 30 k. GW is making me want to quit the game

It's not linked to Arena. It's linked to top5 power. Those who say otherwise are misinformed. I ran the experiment, the results are incontrovertible . Top5. Arena is irrelevant.
    tRRRey wrote: »
    GW is supposed to be a challenge, WAI! :smile:

Stop trolling. It's getting old.
  • Options
    Popular opinion is the new GW system draws it's data from the team with the highest power you have competed with in the Arena. If this is indeed true, could it be reset at least once? It would give us a chance to choose between competing in the Arena or the GW. Then possibly the upset over some being able to complete the GW, could be lessened?

I understand many would not want their standings in the Arena lost, so perhaps a seperate db entry could hold a copy of the current amounts?

Thoughts?
  • Options
    Question, given the Arena has better rewards overall, I wonder why they made the Arena a precursor to Galactic War? Wouldn't the reverse make more sense? If we are facing player based teams, and not premades, it follows GW would be the precursor to the Arena (We build our teams via GW, and then can compete in the Arena.)

O.o?
  • Nobody
    225 posts Member
    Options
    Another day of wasting time on node12. I have tried tons of different teams. I think I will be leaving the game. Still stuck at 149 wins. I played for fun, this game is no longer that. For those that want challanging give them another thing to do.
  • Geb111
    10 posts Member
    Options
    Wow really????
    Why do you feel as though you need to constantly increase the difficulty. I can no longer complete GW. It's been over a week since my last completion and the last battle took 11 fully lvl'd ccharacters to do it. I really don't understand what your trying to establish?
  • Nobody
    225 posts Member
    Options
    Nobody cares. I haven't beat it in weeks
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    So, if nobody cares but your name is nobody, do you care?
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Nobody
    225 posts Member
    Options
    I use too. I'm giving GW a few more days. If I don't win I'm quitting
  • Nobody
    225 posts Member
    Options
    If this is true, this is a stupid game design