The Empire Event - Comments\Questions *** MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Silleck wrote: »
    When will it come back again? I would love to get him but can't since I never heard anything to get my rebels ready a month ago.

I'm thinking the remaining shards needed to finish him will be EXTREMELY rare drops in the cards.

You get enkugh to 7* him in the event
    Mines g5 lvl 80 and 7*

Then why are some saying not enough shards?

Those are the ones who can only go up to a certian teir.

Ahh ok, makes sense then now. My hope for those lucky enough to have him now, is that he is not another Yoda. Everyone was so excited to get Yoda (me included) then we realized he wasn't that great in combat.
  • johnne
    330 posts Member
    Options
    lovecheese wrote: »
    Seems to actually be worthwhile...

Anyone have thoughts on it?

Worthwhile for this moment, but not certain after EA (might) get Parpaltin nerfed :smile:
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Let's just put it this way. There are those of us who have farmed the Empire characters. The Emperor is the ultimate prize here. However, it will likely be faster for those who have 7 star Emperor now to field a full Empire team with Emperor at the helm than those who already have an Empire team.

Let's look at how
    Emperor is already 7 star
    Vader is rewarded by normal activity, if you had the rebel team to get 7 star Emperor you have a 5 or 6 star Vader.
    Tarkin is in Arena. Let's say you get 2 shipments a day, that's only 33 days.
    Magmatrooper is in GW, that's only 22 days.
    And nearly everyone has a 7 star RG but even if they didn't, 1 refresh a day on a 16 energy node is 15 attempts a day or roughly 5 shards a day. Plus 2 hard nodes, so 7 shards a day in total. That's 47 days if you started from 0 which no one will. But whatever, we'll use 47 for arguments sake.

So that's 1.5 months. That's from starting at nothing but Vader and ending up with a full Emperor led empire team before the second run of this event. Meanwhile those who have had maxed Empire teams for a long time will be watching from the sideline.

Please be reasonable with "extremely rare" at least for the second occurrence.

• Options
    I have STH, Biggs and Leia at 7*. Luke is at 6*. Then, nothing. I figure I can get Ackbar activated in 6-7 more days. Maybe an outside shot of 5* before it is over.
  • Options
    Can someone with a 7* post his stats?
  • Options
    Dear EA/CG!

Basically - in your universe - Biggs can 1 shot KO Emperor Palpatine if we use them as rebels with Wedge in pair. Do you really think it is fun that Palpatine is a joke, Yoda is a joke, Darth Vader is a joke? Of course Kylo Ren and Finn are also. Not to mention the rocking Darth Sidious.

You should watch the movies and read the books again, guys. Seriously.
  • Options
    Another whining thread
  • Options
    Poop
  • Options
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/emperor-palpatine/

Of course I don't know just how accurate this is with how new he is.
  • Kobi
    77 posts Member
    Options
    Pleeease help me...i cannot do tier VII :-) my team is leia 80 g9 sthan 80 g9 ackbar 80 g8 lando 80 g8 aaaaand i have biggs 7* but low gear and level and i cant do it...should i max my biggs or try to gear up other toons ? I am f2p by the way (you know it because of that gear lvls )
    Oh, and, maybe luke will be better than biggs ? I should be able to 7* him in 11 days...so, any suggestions?
  • Options
    Kobi wrote: »
    Pleeease help me...i cannot do tier VII :-) my team is leia 80 g9 sthan 80 g9 ackbar 80 g8 lando 80 g8 aaaaand i have biggs 7* but low gear and level and i cant do it...should i max my biggs or try to gear up other toons ? I am f2p by the way (you know it because of that gear lvls )
    Oh, and, maybe luke will be better than biggs ? I should be able to 7* him in 11 days...so, any suggestions?

Gear up other toons for sure.
  • Options
    @Kobi, put your best crit chance mods on Lando, and Leia. Best protection mods on Han, keep doing it for good rng. And you'll eventually beat it. My Lando is only g7 but he was doing 6k crits constantly
  • Kobi
    77 posts Member
    Options
    @Kobi, put your best crit chance mods on Lando, and Leia. Best protection mods on Han, keep doing it for good rng. And you'll eventually beat it. My Lando is only g7 but he was doing 6k crits constantly

**** i totally forgot about mods :-D i really dont know what mods i have pn my rebels (cause i dont use them that múch)
    Well, thank you i will try that ;-)
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    It was a fun 5 minutes, but it will take me some time to getting geared, as it feels like he needs a gazillion of the same blue gear, pipebomb and balls
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    Options
    Just completed, with a not top of the line team:
    AA lead g9 Lvl 80 no omega
    Leia g10 Lvl 80 basic omega
    Lando g10 Lvl 80 omega except basic
    Sthan g9 Lvl 80 no omega
    Hrscout g0 Lvl 1 just freshly unlocked
    All medium modded
    Res non verba
  • Spiro
    58 posts Member
    Options
    KyloisHere wrote: »
    Someone please kill me honestly, this is a one time event and i cant even get him without paying money for shards.....
    Please help me

This is end-game content. If you aren't yet end game then you don't participate. This is the nature of these kind of games. Once you get to the end game, you will then participate in these events. Please don't complain about not being able to participate in every event!
  • Options
    I will give this event two thumbs up even thought i cant do all teirs of this event and im kinda glad it is Extreamly rare cause i am farming other toons ATM so i can do credit heist and get ready for raid. So i will Finish off Biggs cause he is in GW and try and get St han starred up as well. Then i hope they make Wedge Farmable.
  • Options
    I could finish the 6* with low geared chars? Leia viii, rest vii lando, biggs, aa, hoth luke
  • Zetto
    178 posts Member
    Options
    Spiro wrote: »
    KyloisHere wrote: »
    Someone please kill me honestly, this is a one time event and i cant even get him without paying money for shards.....
    Please help me

This is end-game content. If you aren't yet end game then you don't participate. This is the nature of these kind of games. Once you get to the end game, you will then participate in these events. Please don't complain about not being able to participate in every event!

Not helpful. Just tell him that CG/EA want him to spend lots of moola on buying up packs to build the team to get Palpy :wink:
  • Options
    who else is unhappy with this emperor event? it's ridiculous. we all tried are hardest to get shards for the Yoda event now they have make their rare emperor event Rebels. which hardly anyone has. unless it's Lea or Luke that's probably the most popular ones. I'm so annoyed by this. they could have made it Jedis or Dark Side, but nope they make it Rebels. who else is happy or unhappy about this. I can't be the only one
  • Options
    So I haven't posted in a while. Furthermore, most of my recent posts have been negative... so time to turn that around.

Loved the mystery leading up to the event.
    Loved the event.
    Difficulty level was perfect. Challenging but not impossible.
    Love the Emperor, love his power set.

Great work guys, this was top notch from start to finish.
  • Options
    I know someone has it by now, so if someone could post his max stats and skills.
  • Options
    :'(
  • Options
    shut up.
  • Options
    Was anybody able to unlock him? If yes.. Pls post a vid of his animations to see how he looks and how he performs. Would be nice thx.
  • Options
    I have 0 Rebels (well, not 0, but it's not good):

6* Lando (2/100)
    3* Lobot (19/30)
    2* Leia (17/25)
    2* Biggs (9/25)

Characters in the Rebel Pack I have the following shards:
    HRSold (11/50)
    HRScout (7/50)
    Luke (1/50)
    STHan (10/50)

The way I look at it - even getting the pack will only let me play the 3* one right off the bat (and no Palpatine). Don't think there is a way to get everyone to 5* by end of event time to unlock Palpatine.

Leia would be *almost* 4 stars right off the bat.
    HR Solider and Scout would be right at 3*
    ST Han would be *almost* unlocked (I'll have the arena credits by then to bring him up later today).

That would leave me with Leia, STHan at 4*, Lando at 6*, and that's it. I'd have to power level Biggs (which I could probably do - as I finish GW nowadays pretty easily).

That still leaves one opening. Maybe Scout in the Cantina store? Even then - it would be iffy to get him up to 5* in time.

Thinking common sense says sit this one out. Just wanted to get thoughts from everyone else to see if I'm missing something?

I'm FTP for the most part (with the exception of the subscription pack I bought once), but I don't mind dropping the money for the shards if I have a reasonable chance at ending up with Palpatine.
  • Zetto
    178 posts Member
    Options
    Vavasour wrote: »
    Difficulty level was perfect. Challenging but not impossible.
    2min spent autoing 7 battles doesn't seem too challenging lol. Of course, you need geared/modded rebel team for that but still... 2 minutes!

• caine
    62 posts Member
    Options
    Chewbacca should be rebel too.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Options
    I wonder how many would be complaining if they had made it Empire chars instead....

Some of the Rebel chars are priorities imo - Ackbar for dispelling, Leia cause she's awesome and STHan for TM manipulation.

You can easily get Biggs to 5 in 13 days from GW. As for the others, Luke is easily farmed from Cantina and Guild shipments (10 a day from cantina can be done for 1-2 refreshes and you can get to 5* in 13 days if you also buy the shipments), and Lando should have been farmed for scoundrel event and for his moustache madness.

• Options
    I think it is a great event, sure hoping that it comes back monthly.