Devs: Hard Caps, Soft Caps and Poe

1235Next

Replies

• Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    I dont understand how you lose the first few GW fights...I have to not use specials or the fight is over before all my toons get to act...
  • Options
    I would be happy if they updated Poe so he does not remove turn meter on toons with a full bar. This would stop one team from getting a big advantage just because Poe was drawn before the other fast characters.
  • Options
    I can't even fathom this scenario.

Seriously... Can't even fathom it. Even when I was 3*&4* it was a auto attack clean sweep for anything that much lower.
  • rotam
    120 posts Member
    Options
    i have dooku 5* lv 63 top gear top abilities.
    whenever i face a 4-5* lv 55-61 dooku in GW he always outdamage my dooku (and no, the opposing team has no special leader ability). Is really funny, i mean, i attack dooku with my dooku, 1250dmg, he counters me 1800dmg (no crit). Then he attacks me, 1350dmg, i counter him, 1150dmg. just lol.

• Options
    Look... I'm in a pretty _a_n competitive situation in my Arena to keep rolling #1.

I can't just give the formula. Mace was a hint. He can help, but he has limitations.

Poe is defeatable.

What characters can remove debuffs? Hmmm?

Think of counters to his moves.

Try a Nightsister team with Ventriss as leader, talia, Daka, phasma, Dooku. Haven't tried it myself but 22 speed bonus on already fast toons with lots of stuns probably wouldn't hurt.

Everything has counter's.

The AI is... 'interesting' the way it sometimes determines turns at the start of matches. And, that is an issue. But, I do not see this massive domination from Poe teams on my server (mine Poe set up, when I use it, included). I lose plenty using Poe and AI loses a whole lot more using Poe.

• meanpride
    90 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Poe's fast taunt and turn meter reduction is not the problem. The problem is what comes after, which is either:

A ) a OHKO combo from Quigon/Geo and Fotp/ Leia
    B ) a team wipe by Hk 47 and ig88

The problem is that damage scales way too much in the late game that strong damage dealers can one shot even the tankiest of heroes. Poe just does his job of defending the team.

I say leave Poe alone but adjust the scaling of damage by the likes of FOTP and Leia.
  • Options
    Look... I'm in a pretty _a_n competitive situation in my Arena to keep rolling #1.

I can't just give the formula. Mace was a hint. He can help, but he has limitations.

Poe is defeatable.

What characters can remove debuffs? Hmmm?

Think of counters to his moves.

Try a Nightsister team with Ventriss as leader, talia, Daka, phasma, Dooku. Haven't tried it myself but 22 speed bonus on already fast toons with lots of stuns probably wouldn't hurt.

Everything has counter's.

The AI is... 'interesting' the way it sometimes determines turns at the start of matches. And, that is an issue. But, I do not see this massive domination from Poe teams on my server (mine Poe set up, when I use it, included). I lose plenty using Poe and AI loses a whole lot more using Poe.

So competitive you can get rank 1 with a mace?

All these things you talk about, if you had read the thread at all you would see are not the issue at all. Well done from missing the point and not touching on the strongest part of his ability whilst claiming it is ok and mace can deal with it.

Also I am not sure you know exactly how speed works, you may want to look into it, it might help you. Also speed leaders abities don't work until somebody has moved, so asajj leader and a super squishy Low damage lineup sounds like complete suicide Oo

I dunno how can you talk to somebody on a forum when they clearly do not read any posts :/ I probably should not have even bothered to type this...
  • SlyBeats
    78 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    They're talking about his special smite and its ability to clear the taunt
    The only problem is that this doesn't address the fact that:

- He's one of the slowest toons in the game. By the time he gets his turn the opposing team will have gone 2-3 times.
    - Smite is subject to being resisted. Due to Poe's high tenacity he'll resist smite 9 times out of 10.
    - Regardless of that, Mace offers nothing else to the team. He is bad, and that is the reason no one runs him.

A mod has spoken, Mace isn't the only solution but he's definitely one of them. Once again your comments are untrue but I guess you just want the easy way out since you won't look past your CURRENT TEAM. Seriously just farm.

1. Mace windu is not "one of the slowest" in the game. There are 17 characters (Yes 17) that are slower than he is and some of those include Asokah, Darth Maul, Chewie ect. Please do some research

2. Yes smite is subject to resistance but NOT 9 times out of 10. That is incorrect buddy. Windu has a Potency of 47%, that is a really good percentage since Old Ben has a Potency of 50% and we all know Ben lands a fair good amount even on Poe. Lol Poe has a Potency of 40% and lands his bravado (can definitely tell by everyone complaining here about his expose) but he has lower stat than windy. Windu smite isn't useless as you imply it to be. Yes Poe has a 62% tenacity to resist but that doesn't make the odds 9 out of 10 as you blantantly claim. Again, do some research and effort to study different characters for strat

3.Windu is NOT BAD and he DOES offer more than just removing positive buffs like you claim. Your whole team gets 40% turn meter when his health hits 50% and an EXTRA 75% when he is killed (lifesaver at times of need). His Leader ability also gives 20% offence and 9% critical chance to Jedi so don't post false info just to support your obvious hate of Poe and lazyness to adapt. He definitely has MORE to offer to team other than a good Debuff with a potency of 47% (almost same as Old Ben).

There are many other solutions out there. Like the Mods say, Mace is just one off them. Please help save your self by studying different characters and their attributes.

Post edited by FashionFett on
    seriously devs? GW refresh change was a low blow for more $$$
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    SlyBeats wrote: »
    Telaan wrote: »
    They're talking about his special smite and its ability to clear the taunt
    The only problem is that this doesn't address the fact that:

- He's one of the slowest toons in the game. By the time he gets his turn the opposing team will have gone 2-3 times.
    - Smite is subject to being resisted. Due to Poe's high tenacity he'll resist smite 9 times out of 10.
    - Regardless of that, Mace offers nothing else to the team. He is bad, and that is the reason no one runs him.

@Telaan
    A mod has spoken, Mace isn't the only solution but he's definitely one of them. Once again your comments are untrue but I guess you just want the easy way out since you won't look past your CURRENT TEAM. Seriously just farm.

1. Mace windu is not "one of the slowest" in the game. There are 17 characters (Yes 17) that are slower than he is and some of those include Asokah, Darth Maul, Chewie ect. Please do some research

2. Yes smite is subject to resistance but NOT 9 times out of 10. That is incorrect buddy. Windu has a Potency of 47%, that is a really good percentage since Old Ben has a Potency of 50% and we all know Ben lands a fair good amount even on Poe. Lol Poe has a Potency of 40% and lands his bravado (can definitely tell by everyone complaining here about his expose) but he has lower stat than windy. Windu smite isn't useless as you imply it to be. Yes Poe has a 62% tenacity to resist but that doesn't make the odds 9 out of 10 as you blantantly claim. Again, do some research and effort to study different characters for strat

3.Windu is NOT BAD and he DOES offer more than just removing positive buffs like you claim. Your whole team gets 40% turn meter when his health hits 50% and an EXTRA 75% when he is killed (lifesaver at times of need). His Leader ability also gives 20% offence and 9% critical chance to Jedi so don't post false info just to support your obvious hate of Poe and lazyness to adapt. He definitely has MORE to offer to team other than a good Debuff with a potency of 47% (almost same as Old Ben). Seriously your making me laugh at how much you sound like a spoilt child who won't get what he wants.

There are many other solutions out there. Like the Mods say, Mace is just one off them. Please help save your self by studying different characters and their attributes. Your comments/post is just ignorant. Please stop making yourself look stu-pid.

Ps. Bet he won't reply. Goodnight @Telaan

The mod posted because your posts violated, and continue to violate, the forum rules. Not because you're correct or to end the discussion.

1) Mace is one of the slowest toons. There are around 53 or so faster toons than him. So yea.....he's one of the slowest. By the time Mace or Asajj go your team is already wrecked when facing a first turn Poe.

2) Smite sucks. Its resisted 9/10 as a general....not worth doing the math....ball park figure... Wanna dispute that? Come at me with your own math rather than simply insulting me.

3) Please run Mace so teams can steamroll you. Please run a full Jedi team too for extra win.

There's also no need to continue tagging me in your troll posts where your sole goal is lame insults. It's my thread and I automatically get notified anytime someone posts.

I'll leave you with this quote from @Naecabon in a recent discussion involving Poe.
    Naecabon wrote: »
    Uhh... what?

I'm one of the whaliest whales that ever did swim and I certainly don't see a concrete answer to a first turn Poe...
    Post edited by Telaan on
  • SlyBeats
    78 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Like I said, please do some research. You make yourself look like an I-diot with your blantant rants that are incorrect.

1. He is still not "one of the slowest".
    2. Wrong again, please actually READ my above post SLOWLY so you understand. If you are getting resisted 9 out of 10, then AGAIN I say for you to FARM and upgrade. Max out Mace before you complain with non facts about his moves.
    3. The answer was to in response to your biased claim that Windu offers "nothing" else more for the team. Once again just another useless comment to help your raging nerf towards Poe.

It's not insults, it's FACTS plain and simple. What your doing is posting incorrect information about characters that are possible SOLUTIONS to your problem but your too lazy to adapt. It's people with your attitude that causes nerf threads like this that wastes our time and also developers time.
    Maybe I violated a rule which a Mod corrected me for it? So what I accept that. But still the Mod said that Mace is another solution and there are many toons out there to counter. Accept it and stop posting false comments about toons that are incorrect. Get your facts straight

@Telaan you've got nothing else to prove me wrong so you whine about me tagging you? Lol definitely a spoilt child

DO SOME RESEARCH BEFORE POSTING AGAIN!
    Windu is a solution for you!
    You have too much pride!

Much love!
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    SlyBeats wrote: »
    Like I said, please do some research. You make yourself look like an I-diot with your blantant rants that are incorrect.

1. He is still not "one of the slowest".
    2. Wrong again, please actually READ my above post SLOWLY so you understand. If you are getting resisted 9 out of 10, then AGAIN I say for you to FARM and upgrade. Max out Mace before you complain with non facts about his moves.
    3. The answer was to in response to your biased claim that Windu offers "nothing" else more for the team. Once again just another useless comment to help your raging nerf towards Poe.

It's not insults, it's FACTS plain and simple. What your doing is posting incorrect information about characters that are possible SOLUTIONS to your problem but your too lazy to adapt. It's people with your attitude that causes nerf threads like this that wastes our time and also developers time.
    Maybe I violated a rule which a Mod corrected me for it? So what I accept that. But still the Mod said that Mace is another solution and there are many toons out there to counter. Accept it and stop posting false comments about toons that are incorrect. Get your facts straight

@Telaan you've got nothing else to prove me wrong so you whine about me tagging you? Lol definitely a spoilt child

DO SOME RESEARCH BEFORE POSTING AGAIN!
    Windu is a solution for you!

Much love!

You have no idea how this game even works if you think Mace is a solution versus a first turn Poe. I can't be bothered to waste time with you anymore. Of all the suggestions yours is by far the worst one.

Please post a video of your Mace being the counter to a first turn Poe and I'll concede.
  • Options
    You've already conceded.

Best of luck!
  • FashionFett
    891 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Closing this for a few hours. What's with the tagging and continuous name-calling?

As a player, I agree with this:
    wrote:
    the problem isn't poe himself, the real problems in this game are TURN METER MANIPULATION and DAMAGE.

which brings this...
    wrote:
    Tanks always MITIGATE and MANAGE.

Tank + Dispel would be nice. And since QGJ, Teebo, and Windu are currently the only heroes with Dispel all positive effects, then those are your choices. I personally use Teebo, but that's not relevant here.

Of course, you can not bother with Dispel against Taunt and just blow Poe away. That's another option. But finding a way to solve the meta around you (whether you are top 100, top 500, or top 1000 rank) is part of the fun and the point of PvP/GW. And solutions that work in the 500 ranks most likely won't work for the top 100 ranks. But reading possible solutions could give you an idea on how to set up your own squad to deal with the opponents around you.

Post edited by FashionFett on