Where is Credit Heist Event? (Merged threads)

Replies

• Options
    Wow so the credit heist just didn't appear for me either - Australian based user.

I really hope that this will evened out? To see some users are getting 2x hits at it (2m credits) and in eastern Au / NZ and similar timezones it wasn't even available at all.

More disappointment .....
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Options
    Not to be pedantic, but do you mean 1am EDT?
  • Options
    Stavros wrote: »
    I am in Australia and it ended at 6am this morning after being available for 3 hours. I can not see it and have not been able to do it

Set your alarm next time

Sure dude. 3 am to 6 am. Will do
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Krwind wrote: »
    I am just trying to understand this. The event finished at 6am in Australia this morning. It was only available this morning from 3am to 6am. I have not seen the event as I slept until 6.10am. I have not seen the event all day. But in some parts of the world not only can some people see and complete the event they can now do it a second time!!

well apparently it is working as intended by @CG_Kozispoon

Not as intended. If you read her note, they pushed it out ahead of schedule but the timing got goofed up. It was intended to be available as it usually is. System flatulents are super stinky and we're all sad it didn't work right. Of those people that only had a few hours as an option, not all could necessarily complete the event.

For those who could, Biggest complaint seems to be they perceive that an extra million or two credits is crucially game-changing. For those competing on a daily bases in top 20 of their Arenas, this is arguably not a large determining factor. You could make up for it by buying a Credit Mega-Pack (which also isn't a big deal either, to those top dogs). Just more perspective since the milk is spilled and we're moving on.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    WAI! So move on. Clear 4 GWs and there's your 2m plus change

Yes. Where is my free 2 million credits?
  • Options
    Clearly it's working as intended or they would have communicated to us that they made a mistake.

But since no communication, this is how they wanted it.
  • Options
    move along, this is not the credit heist you were looking for...
  • Options
    Any devs care to comment on this? Or just suck it up for non-US based players?
  • Options
    Hmm, I had not noticed that, but I also have a reset coming. Daily run resets in 2 hours and event ends in 9.

Thanks for pointing that out! Almost missed out on a nice stack of credits.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Unimatrix wrote: »
    Any devs care to comment on this? Or just suck it up for non-US based players?

Kozispoon IS a developer.....(?)

Also, where is everyone getting these knew 70s imogee avatars?
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Krwind
    54 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I am just trying to understand this. The event finished at 6am in Australia this morning. It was only available this morning from 3am to 6am. I have not seen the event as I slept until 6.10am. I have not seen the event all day. But in some parts of the world not only can some people see and complete the event they can now do it a second time!!

well apparently it is working as intended by @CG_Kozispoon

Not as intended. If you read her note, they pushed it out ahead of schedule but the timing got goofed up. It was intended to be available as it usually is. System flatulents are super stinky and we're all sad it didn't work right. Of those people that only had a few hours as an option, not all could necessarily complete the event.

For those who could, Biggest complaint seems to be they perceive that an extra million or two credits is crucially game-changing. For those competing on a daily bases in top 20 of their Arenas, this is arguably not a large determining factor. You could make up for it by buying a Credit Mega-Pack (which also isn't a big deal either, to those top dogs). Just more perspective since the milk is spilled and we're moving on.

Re-read the post on page 6 - they did a boo boo with the notification and then decided to go ahead and open the heist event with the time remaining unchanged for the Non-US time bas@CG_Kozispoon

if this was the other way round where the US time based players were the ones missing these 2 free million credits, would you think this be left in limbo
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    In case it was missed:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/633713/#Comment_633713

From earlier in this thread, developer comment.
  • johnne
    330 posts Member
    Options
    seriously.. i want chewie shards for compensation if possible....
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited August 2016
    Options

Re-read the post on page 6 - they did a boo boo with the notification and then decided to go ahead and open the heist event with the time remaining unchanged for the Non-US time bas@CG_Kozispoon

if this was the other way round where the US time based players were the ones missing these 2 free million credits, would you think this be left in limbo

Yup, funny we're both directing people to the same place. They pushed the event, out of sequence, which makes sense since the notice went out (which was a goof), which goofed the times. This would naturally happen during the daytime office hours of their office in the U.S. time zones.

As I was saying, it's all over now. They've apparently pushing another one through next week that should spam two days.

Edit: SPAN two days haha, I will leave spam, good typo.
  • Ugluk
    274 posts Member
    Options

Absolutely. The forum would be absolutely flooded with complaints.
  • Options
    CG distributed once shares for the home release of TFA based on region (also there the announcement was received though in other regions as well). Would be cool if they can sent some credits to the inbox of the regions who couldnt play the event.
  • Options
    In case it was missed:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/633713/#Comment_633713

From earlier in this thread, developer comment.

Thank you for the reference.

I read that. But theres really nothing there to address the issue. . "Frustration was noted" that's just a lot of ox excrement.

to put things into perspective, 2million credit is about 2k of crystals. Now.. I can clear the credit heist event. Not having this even popping up for a chance for me clearing this, means that other players are given a chance to get the 2.million credits. And that's 2k worth of crystals free.

And no, having it opened from 3 am to 6am Asian time is the same as not opening it.

Yes some can say move along. But would the same move-along-nothing-to-see treatment happens if players from the USA get one shoved their posterior?

Be fair to global players.
  • Options
    How about this? Let's have an avenue opened for players who missed the event and based on Oceania and Asian time zone to create a bug report/ticket and the same event can be made available to them on case by case basis?

Devs can do their verification on timezones etc if need be.

Some work from your end there.. But hey.. You guys messed up. Clean it up.
  • Options
    @RUFU no need for this man... we're trying to keep this thread open
  • Options
    We want credits, we want credits. Lol. Or chewie shards! Which ever is easier to code!
  • Options
    @rufu. Don't need such things. We're trying to reason things out with developers.
    Maybe they would come out and say, "sorry Oceania, Asia, you guys were screwed. But we don't care."
  • Options
    Yes, we need to keep this thread open, so keep it civilzed.
  • johnne
    330 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, we need to keep this thread open, and credits or chewie shards, so keep it civilzed.
  • Melkor
    15 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Did they mess it up 2x in one go? It seems the US-base players still have the event running now until their "morning"? But the Asia/Oceania had it ended at their respective morning which was hours ago. So did they forget to adjust to ending time or it was ignorantly intentional that one time zone get 12+ hours while the others got 3 hours?
  • Options
    markusfive wrote: »
    Are people really mad that we got an extra credit heist that the devs were nice enough to release because of the accidental notification? lol

I'm still mad about that botched raid that ended prematurely for everybody about a month ago. No compensation other than Chewie shards. really?

• Options
    For those who are saying 'its only 2m credits, move on' in if we were to purchase 2m credits as an in game purchase it would cost us between $15 - $20 depending on how lucky you are.
    That's not small change as far as a FTP mobile game is concerned.
  • Options
    I think this can be closed now, it runs for 14/16 hours wherever you are. Everyone got a push notification. Sure they released it early for some, late for others, but everyone will of had the same amount of time to complete it.
  • Krwind
    54 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I think this can be closed now, it runs for 14/16 hours wherever you are. Everyone got a push notification. Sure they released it early for some, late for others, but everyone will of had the same amount of time to complete it.

@GeorgeRules No they don't, this post of yours shows how ignorant you are. Read up before you decide to post.